Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed (4554 Views)

God Has A Hand In Nigeria’s Present Economic Challenges — APC / Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed / Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
ogaofficer:
dearpreye always making sense since time immemorial. I love that part where you said "control your appetite"

Thanks, my brother.

Yes. We have to control our appetite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Progressive01(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
dearpreye:

Thanks, my brother.

Yes. We have to control our appetite.
I wonder why this thread never made the fp. Smh.
Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Progressive01:
I wonder why this thread never made the fp. Smh.

Maybe it will one day.

Lalasticalala, let's move this to the appropriate quarters.
Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by mickey45: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
dearpreye:

God bless you too. We all must learn and make the appropriate adjustments OR pay a steep price sooner than later.

Have you walked through Adam Smith's treatises?
They're worth it I heard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Avelo: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
evansvenus:
Nice write dearpreye, i am your fan!
My 2cents

we all keep talking about diversification of the economy,that's pretty cool,but we shouldn't forget that diversification would definately take time to yield result.nigeria economic outlook at the moment is gloomy and we apparently don't have time!

What i think the government should embark on

1.rapid development of our infrastructure,especially power which is pivotal to the development of any nation.nigeria should tap into wind and solar energy,we shouldn't be depending on hydro alone..in saner climes like south africa and taznzania,solar and wind adds thousands of mega watts to thier grids,its cheap and faster

2.Development of SME's is also a contributory factor to the development of any nation,we have an active youth population pegged at over 60million,yet our unemployment rate is growing spirally and exponentially,government should grant soft loans with little or no interest to boost small and medium scale enterprises,this will as well generate thousands of jobs that can get access to the loans,government can prompt beneficiaries of the loan to pay tax if they so please,but make it minimal!

3.Efficiency in our tax system...tho' you might want to disagree with me,but nigeria is one of the less tax countries in the world...britain majorly depends on their tax systems and its working for them,nigeria can key into it,is one of the proponents of income generation of any nation...naija should key into it too.

They are other measures the nigeria n government can take to cushion the effects of global economic downturn,but the aforemention would help on the long run!
. Nice submissions you made up there. Sometimes the problem is politics, otherwise why is this governmeny frustrating a proven sme and job creating program like youwin, instead of fast tracking and expanding it. Sometimes am baffled by those that govern this country. Go through that budget and you wont find a single youth empowerment program, but 500 billion is earmarked to be handed out to the as 5k stipends to youths pray tell me wetin that one go achieve
Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2016
mickey45:

Have you walked through Adam Smith's treatises?
They're worth it I heard

I have one of his books- The wealth of nations- but I've not been able to take the pains to study it. Good morning.
Re: Nigeria's Present Economic Struggles: Vital Lessons We All Must Heed by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2016
Avelo:
. Nice submissions you made up there. Sometimes the problem is politics, otherwise why is this governmeny frustrating a proven sme and job creating program like youwin, instead of fast tracking and expanding it. Sometimes am baffled by those that govern this country. Go through that budget and you wont find a single youth empowerment program, but 500 billion is earmarked to be handed out to the as 5k stipends to youths pray tell me wetin that one go achieve

The system wasn't designed for the youth's success an progress as the old thieves have continued to rip us off.

That's why we must appreciate Ben Bruce and his common session revolution.

Lalasticalala. Happy Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Abakaliki Mall Will Look Like. (3D Pictures) / Soludo Replies Akunyili / Obanikoro, Mimiko, Adams Fail To Deliver Wards To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.