Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV (44920 Views)

The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos) / Newswatch Magazine Headline About Buhari And PTF: Throwback / Drama As Jimoh Ibrahim Sack Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by judedwriter(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmm... No more job security in nigeria...#selfemployment grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by abumeinben(m): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunmsg:
As the chairman and owner of the media companies, he can't claim to be unaware that workers have not been paid for 13 months. Sacking the Managing directors and forming angry on national TV is just playing to the gallery.

So what should he have done...dyu know if he planned the conference with the sole purpose of sacking them.

Abi during obj admin, did he not say he did not know about the price of kerosene on national TV when there was kerosene home?

We don't ever get satisfied, do we?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Bhella5(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
MrProducer:
"Ok Google, Who is Jimoh Ibrahim?"

Still waiting for search results
Damn this Network angry angry
This one here is a kid with an internet enabled device. His knowlegde of affairs of the state is nonexistent. Run along now boy!

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by EbolaParasite: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim - Nigerian Donald Trump.

Makes money by bankrupting companies. Always talking rubbish. The two of them na twins.

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by EbolaParasite: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
PBundles:
I find it hard to believe that he wasnt aware of this, but I dont know how he manages his business ventures. Its possible that he designated this to various MDs and is only interested in the end of year financials. He could be getting quarterly financials which 'mask' the fact that workers were not getting paid.

Yimu
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Bhella5:
This one here is a kid with an internet enabled device. His knowlegde of affairs of the state is nonexistent. Run along now boy!

This one here is a an overgrown kid with extensive knowledge of the affairs of the state, yet, he's made no impact on the betterment of the state.
Sheow Human, Sheow!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by stainlex(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
To be frank, if the company isn't generating profit, where will salaries come from? Well, I don't know the terms of employment but they should trim their workforce to be able to manage the few that are remaining effectively in terms of salaries. I wouldn't fund a business not capable of generating profit with the profit from another profitable one forever. I feel Mr. Jimoh tho.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunmsg:
As the chairman and owner of the media companies, he can't claim to be unaware that workers have not been paid for 13 months. Sacking the Managing directors and forming angry on national TV is just playing to the gallery.

I concur!! cool

dridowu:
Almost all the business Jimoh Ibrahim touches g got ruined

True!!

Psalm18:
Jimoh Ibrahim is a scam artist.
No different to Bernie Madoff and Sir Allen Stanford. (Both serving 100 years + sentence in United States)

He buys companies and strips them of their assest enslaving staff along the way.
Of course only a comedian will believe the CEO of a company does not know he has outstanding salaries to pay.

Yes, o! You got that right, bro'. sad

stuffs4me:
Jimoh Ibrahim cannot claim not to know the Newswatch workers had not been paid for up to 13months.

He has always been using the same scam techniques. You can check how he destroyed the following companies with his leprous hands and sent thousands into unemployment.

1. Air Nigeria
2. Energy
3.Nicon insurance
4. Newswatch

Best analysis so far, by far on this thread! You deserve two bowls of nkwobi and one large drink for this submission...

3 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by arsenal33: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Mega005:
This is front page material..

Gud business man

you dont know him

3 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by stagger: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
The whole lecture was a drama in motion. First, I do not understand why the entire event was transmitted. One thing is clear: Jimoh Ibrahim is a very arrogant man. His testimony before the House Aviation committee showed it, and today confirmed it. See the way he was handling the whole event like a headmaster talking to his boys. His MDs and DMDs were obviously cowering in fear. I mean, look at the way he would just hand over a microphone to one of his boys, and when one starts to talk rubbish he would just grab the mic and start laughing hoarsely.

You could tell who was the emperor and who were the serfs. I was simply flabbergasted, especially by his boasts of how he was untouchable, how he would stop any human being who tries to put roadblocks on his business, how he was using examples of Buhari and Jonathan as if he was talking about his boys, etc.

I tire o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by biafranbaby(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
zoo people
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
stagger:
The whole lecture was a drama in motion. First, I do not understand why the entire event was transmitted. One thing is clear: Jimoh Ibrahim is a very arrogant man. His testimony before the House Aviation committee showed it, and today confirmed it. See the way he was handling the whole event like a headmaster talking to his boys. His MDs and DMDs were obviously cowering in fear. I mean, look at the way he would just hand over a microphone to one of his boys, and when one starts to talk rubbish he would just grab the mic and start laughing hoarsely.

You could tell who was the emperor and who were the serfs. I was simply flabbergasted, especially by his boasts of how he was untouchable, how he would stop any human being who tries to put roadblocks on his business, how he was using examples of Buhari and Jonathan as if he was talking about his boys, etc.

I tire o!

Your head dey correct, jare. By the way, where are those jokers referring to Jimoh Ibrahim as their mentor?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by nokingasgod: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
catchfun:
Jimoh Ibrahim and his senior management staff at a lecture in Abuja which was almost disrupted by unpaid workers on Monday, 18 Jan. 2016

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/18/drama-as-jimoh-ibrahim-sack-newswatch-md-dmd-on-live-tv/.

Peculiar Mess!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
stuffs4me:
Jimoh Ibrahim cannot claim not to know the Newswatch workers had not been paid for up to 13months.

He has always been using the same scam techniques. You can check how he destroyed the following companies with his leprous hands and sent thousands into unemployment.

1. Air Nigeria
2. Energy
3.Nicon insurance
4. Newswatch

You forgot to mention Nicon Airline.

In sane countries, jimoh will be in jail languishing away.

There's also Global Fleet O & G.
I trust he has ruined that one too.

I remember when the company began trading and he used brand new branded cars to entrap his work force and "package" the company as a legit one.

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Elan83(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunmsg:
stil, he ended up embarrasin himslf,, blck ppl, mad ppl,,
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by 2n2k(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
When I first saw the live transmission of "Energy Group 5th GMD Conference" on both NTA and AIT this morning, I thought it was an NNPC program and was wondering why it should be Jimoh Ibrahim that should be invited to deliver the first address. I noticed how the participants were fearfully answering any questions put to them by Jimoh. I had to sit down to know the reason why oil workers should fear Jimoh. Then I realised it was just an internal 'meeting' with his staff that was being broadcast live on not one but two national television networks!

If not for misplacement of priorities, Nicon Insurance, Nigerian Reinsurance, Air Nigeria, Newswatch, National Mirror, Energy Oil/Global fleet, etc that make up the group are all down with Nicon Luxury Hotel and Energy Bank (Ghana) barely surviving; yet he is spending money to transmit inconsequential meeting on two major tv networks for hours on end.

With the way those 'staff' gained entry with siren blowing and his initial reaction to them - shouting that they have the right to protest, I felt it was stage-managed by him just to play the role of big daddy on television by promising to pay them from his pocket

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
stagger:

I tire o!

Jimoh na ogbologbo jazz man.
That explains why he's allowed to get away with so many things.

A man like him should be a disqualified company director for life and barred from acquiring any company for life.

Every company he touches, he ruins and bankrupts while enriching himself in the process and he walks away with their assets.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by adconline(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Successful business men do not tolerate shiiit
Men that built their companies from scratch will not allow lazy and incompetent people to ruin it.
He hasnt built anything.. Always buying govt assets at ridiculously cheap prices with the help of his crony friends in govt and then milking them and running them aground.. Jimoh is all that's wrong with Naija corrup crony capitalism!!

3 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
2n2k:
When I first saw the live transmission of "Energy Group 5th GMD Conference" on both NTA and AIT this morning, I thought it was an NNPC program and was wondering why it should be Jimoh Ibrahim that should be invited to deliver the first address. I noticed how the participants were fearfully answering any questions put to them by Jimoh. I had to sit down to know the reason why oil workers should fear Jimoh. Then I realised it was just an internal 'meeting' with his staff that was being broadcast live on not one but two national television networks!

If not for misplacement of priorities, Nicon Insurance, Nigerian Reinsurance, Air Nigeria, Newswatch, National Mirror, Energy Oil/Global fleet, etc that make up the group are all down with Nicon Luxury Hotel and Energy Bank (Ghana) barely surviving; yet he is spending money to transmit inconsequential meeting on two major tv networks for hours on end.

With the way those 'staff' gained entry with siren blowing and his initial reaction to them - shouting that they have the right to protest, I felt it was stage-managed by him just to play the role of big daddy on television by promising to pay them from his pocket

Guy, the thing tire me too no be small. In another country where rule of law is highly regarded, Jimoh Ibrahim would be behind bars or would have been compelled to file for bankruptcy. You need to pass in front of his so-called luxury hotel in VGC during the rainy season. The gate entrance is like a mini river, because it gets flooded any time there is a little downpour. sad

The money he spent to stage that charade on national TV could have been spent to pay his workers salaries, or to repair the road that leads to his hotel. His case is a classic one of "cunny man die, cunny man bury am." undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Alikote:
crude African billionaire or bank debtornaire undecided

He's a bank debtor of magnitude proportions.

All of companies are heavily indebted to banks, yet most of them if not ALL are moribund. Consistently declaring losses or he winds them and then he goes ahead to "acquire" another business.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
adconline:

He hasnt built anything.. Always buying govt assets at ridiculously cheap prices with the help of his crony friends in govt and then milking them and running them aground.. Jimoh is all that's wrong with Naija corrup crony capitalism!!

Your head dey there.

To think the joker was actually aspiring to be Ondo State governor. Ole! He had his eyes on the state's rich bitumen deposits and oil wells.

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
helovesme:
Your head dey there.

To think the joker was actually aspiring to be Ondo State governor. Ole! He had his eyes on the state's rich bitumen deposits and oil wells.

And he would have run those ones aground too, after stripping Ondo State of her assets. Thank God he never smelt the seat of state governor... shocked

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
Tequilah:

And he would have run those ones aground too, after stripping Ondo State of her assets. Thank God he never smelt the seat of state governor... shocked

Thank God he didn't get there.

I think he has made about 2-3 attempts at governorship and I won't be surprised if he's still nursing the ambition.

His managerial skills and business acumen= zero!

How will his companies flourish when its glaring that his MDs work in fear. Smh.

I blame the banks that still "fund" his company. By now, jimoh and any company he is associated with should be blacklisted. None of his "mergers and acquisitions" should be funded or underwritten by any bank. Which is the reason he needs to be an officially disqualified company director for life and barred from any managerial position in any company.

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by meccuno: 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
catchfun:
Jimoh Ibrahim and his senior management staff at a lecture in Abuja which was almost disrupted by unpaid workers on Monday, 18 Jan. 2016

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/18/drama-as-jimoh-ibrahim-sack-newswatch-md-dmd-on-live-tv/.
I used to like this jimoh guy, until a friend told me about his failed businesses and I had to research.......men!! I was so shocked and disappointed.......and he is @ it again....

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by OBAGADAFFI: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
spicyuzo:
I was following the love transmission of the event and here are my thoughts:

First Dr Jimoh Ibrahim is a very smart man, the way he delivered the lectures, his analysis of the Chinese economy as a model for Nigeria's development is sterling.

Secondly, I think his decision on the sack of the news magazine MD is a calm response to a monumental embarrassment. The News watch managers couldn't keep their houses in order and that's a breach to their titles as managers in the first place.

But I beg to ask.....How did those fellows gain entry to the venue in the first place?

I enjoyed every bit of that event and I simply wish I could follow them all the way to Kenya for the next conference......

Dr Jimoh has a lot in his head, no wonder he is commanding a successful conglomerate....

#DrJimohMyMentor

You probably don't know the guy called Jimoh.

The man who couldn't pay his workers, yet insist they most attend parties.

He is one guys that Ruined Oceanic Bank, with his crooked legal agreement after collection huge loans.

Everybody in doing big business avoids him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
You probably don't know the called Jimoh.

The who couldn't pay his workers, yet insist they most attend parties.

He is one guys that Ruined Oceanic Bank, with his crooked legal agreement after collection huge loans.

Don't mind that ignorant fellow. He falls into the class of those gullible Nigerians, who get taken in by any film trick they see on air. has anyone ever seen the published audited accounts of his companies?

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by harsysky(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
catchfun:

The man reads 48 laws of power a lot. Number ... Says guard your reputation like it is your life. So, heaping the whole thing on the MD and DMD have given him 10x respect than before.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by helovesme(f): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

You probably don't know the guy called Jimoh.

The who couldn't pay his workers, yet insist they most attend parties.

Everybody in doing big business avoids him.

The fact that he's a trained lawyer helps him in all his dodgy deals and makes him a very slippery eel.

Obasanjo is also responsible for giving him wings. He was able to "acquire" most of these companies thanks to his obasanjo connection. He packaged himself like some decent business man and obasanjo fell for it.

At a point, jimoh was regarded in the same light as Dangote and accorded respect until people discovered he's just a corporate fraudster.

I doubt if Dangote or Otedola would like to be associated with him as they would not want to be stained by him. They must have deleted jimoh's number from their contact list ages ago. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Tequilah: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
harsysky:
The man reads 48 laws of power a lot. Number ... Says guard your reputation like it is your life. So, heaping the whole thing on the MD and DMD have given him 10x respect than before.

The man may have read the 48 laws of power, but he has chosen to misapply it. His reputation just suffered a monumental dent, because the whole episode shows that he is either clueless about what goes on in his companies, or he is just pretending not to know the severity of the problems within - and this clearly shows he lacks integrity. angry

Secondly, the whole episode reveals that his managers have not been well-groomed to handle crisis situations, and dialogue with workers - however, it is unclear if any worker would be prepared to dialogue, after being owed 13 months salary.

In another country, he would be asked by his directors and shareholders to step down from the board, after such a national embarrassment, notwithstanding the size of his shareholding. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by Rooy57(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunmsg:

No, not that he's not aware of the outstanding salary areas. He simply cannot claim ignorance of it, the only reason he acted that way was because he expected those directors to have foresee and forestall such a protest before the conference. It was an embarrassing scenario, and if you ever wonder why bosses normally have someone within the staff to eavesdrop, look no further.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV by nastyesco(m): 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
A failed businessman...he is so good at blowing his trumpets...and in turn he produces noise instead of music...claiming to be ignorant of owing ur workers 13 months salary is jst a confirmation of how much of a failure he is in Business

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time / Jubilation In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.