Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

IRE (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IRE (part 1) (900 Views)

STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke / Sex Stories: Jide Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IRE (part 1) by passion4fashion(f): 1:31am On Jan 19, 2016
It was the 17th of June, a day my friend's and I always come together to have little chit chats about our lives, it was a day were we all had to put on our best clothes and best smiles so we can impress each other, which I felt was a bit stressful but it was a fun thing to do.

My name is Ireoluwa but my friends call me Ire. I am a very lovable person (everyone will agree to that) my life is close to perfect, I spent the best years of my life studying in school. I was chasing the every Nigerian parent dream to become a doctor, which I must confess wasn't my dream at all, speaking of dreams I never had a dream but I had a list of things that made me happy but before I go through this list with you I need to get ready for my day out with my friends this year is going to be different not the usual dinner which is exciting we are going go karting! As fascinating as that may sound to you its actually not my thing I'm just looking forward to the massage.

I wore a pair of ribbed jeans and a white plain tshirt, I just felt it would be nice to keep it simple. When I arrived at the go karting venue as usual I was late. It was lovely seeing everyone it was like the best thing every year.

Kike is a great friend of mine but she knows how to push my buttons lol. Kike was making fun of me because she knew how much I didn't like the idea of go karting but she choose it anyways which was a bit annoying and kind of different because I'm not a fun person when it comes to leaving my comfort zone. I must confess go karting was fun with the girls!

After screaming our lungs out and enjoying the ride we went to this hotel it was so relaxing then got ready to go for our massages then Kike said she had something to share with everyone we all kept quiet and she was smiling so sheepishly I knew what was coming Kike is getting married to Jude (her lover since uni days). It was an exciting news to hear but at the same time I felt jealous everyone is settling down. I have an almost perfect life I have a good job, nice house, nice car but I've been the loneliest of all my friends, I had absolutely no man in my life to the point I'm giving up on the search of "Mr perfect would soon be here".

After the spa it was always a good thing catching up with the girls I loved every single bit of it and I was excited to be kike's maid of honour.

I was driving back home and I had all sort of thoughts on my mind, there is nothing I haven't done I have prayed and begged God for a miracle but my mum always said "miracles always happen in God's time and all I needed to do was be patient". I sighed deeply and parked for a while to relax my mind, just when I was about to pull out of the parking spot the car behind me ran into me, thank God we were both safe but I was fuming cos he wasn't paying attention to the road. I came down from my car I was prepared and ready to shout at the driver and he came down and politely said he was sorry, okay I was still fuming at this time but I just needed to stay calm. He walked up to me and apologised again and insisted he would pay for all the damages and fix my car, we exchanged numbers and he said his name was Timi. He gave his address to me and I gave mine as well then offered to get me a taxi home but I called my younger brother to go with him to the mechanics as I had just met him and I didn't trust him.

When I got home I received a text from Timi which said "I'm sorry" I was still unhappy so I didn't reply. Five minutes later, I got another text saying "I'm sorry" then I replied "ok, just make sure my car is ready before Friday because I have a trip to go to from work" at this point I was a bit calm and just wanted to relax. I walked into my room brushed my teeth, had a shower and changed into my night wear. I had already put the covers over my head and was ready to sleep then I got another text from Timi "I have no excuse for my actions but if u don't mind, I don't mind picking you up in the morning and dropping you off at work till your car is fixed, what time do you leave for work in the morning? "Timi asked" " I didn't reply to him I slept off.

I woke up at 7am the next morning getting ready for work then I got another text from this Timi guy I just wanted to block him at this point "good morning Miss Ire, I'm outside" I looked out of my window and saw a car parked outside my house I didn't recognise who it was so I went outside to check and it was Timi, I said to him "oh u didn't have to come all the way here to pick me up I would have just called a taxi which is fine by me", Timi insisted and I said okay it would take me an hour to prepare and i need to be at work for 9 then I asked when he had to be at work for and he said after he had dropped me off. I smiled and said its nice to see you punishing yourself for ur sins then he smiled and said go and get ready I will be waiting in the car.

I got inside my house and prepared for work, dressed up and was about to make breakfast it was 7:49 already so I went outside and asked if he had had breakfast and he said "no". So I hurriedly packed breakfast for both of us.

On our way I got asked one thousand and one questions about myself and Timi seemed to be quite an interesting person, he dropped me off and said what time do you close from work and I told him not to worry cos I would be working late then he said he was sorry about the accident and he's willing to be my errand boy till my car was fixed and I smiled and said oh i could get use to having an errand boy them walked into the office.

Timi picked me up from my house and dropped me at work everyday till my car was fixed, it was quite interesting having to make breakfast for him and getting to know him, he was filling that empty space gradually but it was just 5 days.

On Friday which was the day I was going to travel and the day the car was ready which would also be the last time I would see Timi I was dreading it cos I already got use to exchanging text messages and getting to know each other but at this point I wouldn't call it feelings or anything we were just at the boy/ girl early stage which is the exciting stage I guess.

Timi dropped off my car and offered to take me to work if I wanted to but I refused and said I will drive down myself because I was going on a trip from work so he said he was sorry again and also said he enjoyed every bit of the time we spent and mostly breakfast, I smiled and was walking back to the house then I got a text from timi "dinner tomorrow night at 7pm" I looked back and smiled and said see you tomorrow.
Re: IRE (part 1) by AwesomeDuru(m): 1:33am On Jan 19, 2016
Okay, I'm following..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IRE (part 1) by passion4fashion(f): 11:12am On Jan 19, 2016
Thank you for following, part 2 will be posted later today. Please don't forget to criticise and drip your comment about the story. Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar / The Incarnation (tale Of A Dead Mother's Return). / [story] The Slave And Her Saviour Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.