Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March (20260 Views)

Etisalat Change Of Name Won’t Affect Operations In Nigeria / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by pat077: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2016
NATCOM Development and Investment Limited, new owners of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL) and its sister company, Mobile Telecommunication Limited (Mtel), has reportedly spent about $1 billion to revive the beleaguered national carrier.

Mr. Olatunde Ayeni, chairman of NATCOM, said that the funds and other efforts would see the company engage 4,000 employees by March, as it sets to roll out its mobile lines, and 4G/LTE services for broadband users.

Ayeni told House of Representatives Joint Committees on Communication and Privatisation, that his company would begin a phased rollout from Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt before expanding to other parts of the country.

He disclosed that the initial financial bid was increased to $252.251 million from $221 million when juxtaposed with the liquidator's reserved price of $256 million.

NATCOM acquired assets and licences of NITEL and MTEL, percentage interest held in South-Atlantic 3 (SAT-3) consortium, and identifiable assets capable of generating viable business units.

"NATCOM's full submission was duly made to NITEL/MTEL's liquidator and Nigeria's Bureau of Public Enterprises on November 7, 2014. NATCOM's submission was accompanied by a bid bond in the amount of $10 million as stipulated in the liquidator's RFP," he said.

He disclosed that $10 million had been spent on SAT-3 system, quarterly dues to the consortium, system expansion and upgrade since the acquisition, adding that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had assigned another set of microwave frequency ranges to NATCOM upon request for N176.8 million, computed on the basis of 800 bases station network in the first instance.

NATCOM was requested to pay an additional N6.6 billion to bridge the shortfall of the value of the Naira to the Dollar from N168 to N197, after the payment of the first installment of 30 per cent of the bid price within 14 days of approval by the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) and balance within the 90 days, Ayeni said.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by pat077: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2016
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by bedford101(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Make Una sha start operation make I use LTE, no be all this billion billion dollar wey una de call.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by mandarin: 8:38am On Jan 19, 2016
This should create employment which is what Nigeria badly need now. I will advise this coy focus on cheap internet services, this is one gold mine billions can be made.
it can also introduce business range of lines with 01-0100 codes. Wish them the best.

24 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by eraly(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2016
No b November 2015 dem say dem wan start b4 ni? Make dem do quick start nw. Na dia 4G network me dey after

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by acenazt: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2016
I was ready to port from Mtn till Natcom's promise of Coming online by November failed

7 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2016
Yo people should cut the crap already and bring the damn thing to fruition. Yo guys billed operation for dec2015 and it's '16 now.

Go to sleep and wake up only when you're on air please.

4 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by jmichlins(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2016
If you don't re-register your mtn sim card hoping to port to this network, then your OYO state. I have heard this before and now. What happend to opening job adverts and interview abi all go begin on March when you must have started operation? Until I see you guys adverts on Nairaland.com, then your not serious

2 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by MrBONE2(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
jmichlins:
If you don't re-register your mtn sim card hoping to port to this network, then your OYO state. I have heard this before and now. What happend to opening job adverts and interview abi all go begin on March when you must have started operation? Until I see you guys adverts on Nairaland.com, then your not serious
you are wrong the Job adverts had been on since august last year,am sure they must have closed it since dec last year.it was not advertised @ Nairaland,Infact so many people including me have applied for the job but waiting for any time to be called for test or interview.
Gyarbonka Shakalalaaa.grin

2 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by jmichlins(m): 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
MrBONE2:
you are wrong the Job adverts had been on since august last year,am sure they must have closed it since dec last year.it was not advertised @ Nairaland,Infact so many people including me have applied for the job but waiting for any time to be called for test or interview.
Gyarbonka Shakalalaaa.grin
wish you goodluck in the interview and hope they make it this time

2 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by psyqs(m): 12:08am On Jan 20, 2016
I dey here jor
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 20, 2016
bedford101:
Make Una sha start operation make I use LTE, no be all this billion billion dollar wey una de call.

What gives u the impression that their so called LTE will be faster or even as fast as what etisalat and MTN offer.

1 Like

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by matrix199(m): 2:14am On Jan 20, 2016
Only if 1sec is charged at 1kobo, then It's welcomed.
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by AmakaDNB(f): 9:48am On Jan 20, 2016
OK na
Read and share my latest story published on dnb stories yesterday

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2016
Yay! Good news.

1 Like

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by bettercreature(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
jmichlins:
How did you know my plan?MTN barred my outgoing calls yesterday so i'm thinking of porting to another network because am tired of them

2 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by free2ryhme: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
grin joke of the century
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by tooman: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Go
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by wristbangle: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Dusting my CV asap!

1 Like

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by free2ryhme: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
lie too much for this country
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by Acidosis(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Only Lagos, PH and Abuja?

Lmao

Another Visafone

**laughing at those hoping to compete and replace this garbage with MTN** grin

Whoever goes into business with the hope of defeating another longstanding entrant will shamefully and woefully fail. You go into business because you want PROFIT.

I really pity NATCOM abi na NATGEO. They're being deceived daily, thinking Nigerians will abandon MTN for their package.

This is exactly the same thought CONSAT utilised thinking they'll defeat DSTV.
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by qualityovenbake(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Too much excuses. They will soon postpone it to March 2017.

1 Like

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by decode55(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Finally.

1 Like

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by merits(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
make i begin fight my oga ooo,bcuz this is an opportunity to get another job.i wil first start from toastin her daughter.

2 Likes

Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by BlackFlocka(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
all this talk.... see what nigerians need is a tyrant asin abacha style .... see bah old people in nigeria need to die imagine nigeria without all this old politicans #notcallingnames aswear they need to go #oldpeopleshoulddie
Re: NATCOM Injects $1bn In NITEL, Begins Operations In March by goodlifehyd(m): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

What gives u the impression that their so called LTE will be faster or even as fast as what etisalat and MTN offer.
You can't compare the speed of 2G to 3G so also you can't compare the speed of 3G to LTE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 / ‘TikTok Challenge’ Circulates Info-Stealing Malware – NCC / Airtel Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.