Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,061 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Dating While Separated - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dating While Separated (3938 Views)

Working Mothers: How Did/do You Cope With Being Separated From Your Minors / Working Mothers: How Did/do You Cope With Being Separated From Your Minors / 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating While Separated by EfemenaXY: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

My view is that she should date as soon as possible and use her previous experience as a lesson

And I think otherwise. Rushing in from one relationship to another is the perfect recipe for disaster. We've even got "tales" of such stories here on nl.

raumdeuter:
Not getting into a relationship quickly might make people start looking back at the previous relationship and wondering if they didnt "Persevere aka suffer enough before leaving"

What people "think" is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. It's her life and her decision and she needs time to fully recover from one bad relationship before embarking on another. And part of that healing process involves a deep re-assessment of one's part in the breakdown of the previous relationship.

Many people (post breakdown of their marriage / union / partnership, etc) at this stage are emotionally clingy / needy and latch on to a new partner, irrespective of how mis-matched they might be, simply because they don't want to be alone. It's also their way avoiding having to face painful truths and admitting where things went wrong. (mind you, I'm not pointing fingers, but it takes two to make or break a relationship).

raumdeuter:
I know many girls in abusive relationships that stay because the guy convinced them no one would date you or marry you after me. You are the best i got

This is different. She's left the relationship, which is the first step towards healing. Now she needs to take things easy and truly ask herself why she's getting into this relationship so soon, and more importantly what she needs to ask herself what she really wants out of this new relationship.

raumdeuter:
Moving on quickly and even dating another person is a great psychological relief and can break the emotional strangle hold the previous lover had on her.

I disagree.

There should be a healing phase and enough time should be set aside for that. Granted it differs with each person but the recovery stage must be observed, otherwise she'll be flitting jumping from one relationship to another.
Re: Dating While Separated by Dyt(f): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
raumdeuter:

Idaya Sugar daddy wey I know for Naija no too sabi spend but won le do obo ti next year loni

Dem sabi fuckkk like anything, If you no mind. I fit introduce una

Ahn ahn
Ayan ni awon ni
Miofe awon to manlu ilu ya

Make them stay dia lane
I no do
Which kain people you get sef
Nawa for your kain clique oo
Re: Dating While Separated by niyi123: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
Dyt:

Ahn ahn
Ayan ni awon ni
Miofe awon to manlu ilu ya

Make them stay dia lane
I no do
Which kain people you get sef
Nawa for your kain clique oo

So, you are looking for sugar daddy IDAYAT I will report you to your man
Re: Dating While Separated by niyi123: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
Dyt:

Dayo
Monwa sugar chocolate daddy to le spend
cry cry

you IDAYAT, looking for sugar daddy, I will report you to your man
Re: Dating While Separated by Dyt(f): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
niyi123:

So, you are looking for sugar daddy IDAYAT I will report you to your man

Tell am
No be him lemme
Abeg

Abi you sef wan apply?
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Ways To Make Your Wife Love You More / My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help! / Your Wife Is Carrying Your House-boy's Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.