Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors (6927 Views)

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier / Any Ghananian Business Persons? / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by manie(m): 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
The Ghanaian government is wooing Nigerian manufacturers and investors to come and invest and build plants in their country.
They are giving manufacturers up to 10 years tax holiday.
Can we really trust them,we know what they are doing to Nigerian owned banks and businesses in Ghana.
Why the sudden change in attitude.
l think our manufacturers and investors should beware of the Ghanaian government and there policy.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200906221130.html
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by SamMilla1(m): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2009
Well they have a new government which could be really honest with their proposed tax policy.
Plus a contract will have to be signed by both parties.

I like that , that was exactly how the Chinese revolution started.
In Nigeria, despite having vast empty lands, the only thing the idiots at aso rock are doing is sharing and squandering oil money. Appointing their friends and their mistresses to top govt offices to aid their evil ambitions.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by yommyflo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2009
but it'll have a negative effect on our economy here in naija
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by papaejima: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
like the post says, considering what they did and are doing to nigerian banks and businesses,i will caution investors to thread softly.doing business with our west africa brothers can be a real risk and a huge pain in the ass cos 97% of them hate us with everything in them.they may have a new government yes,bt do the citizens have a new mentality? when u go to most of these west african states and see what nigerians go through,believe me you will tell nigerians not to heed this ghanian call to come and invest in their country.we are treated worse than trash and when they get into trouble,its nigeria they will come looking for and our stupid- big- brother- and- no- brain- government will run to their rescues and have our resources wasted there.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2009
Yes, Ghana welomes all inestors excluding thieves and crooks. They just don't want Nigerians to bring their lawlessness into their country.
Ghana is country which seems to appreciate law and order so please don't go and mess it up for them. We mess up everywhere we go, omo Nigeria.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
Yes, Ghana welcomes all investors excluding thieves and crooks. They just don't want Nigerians to bring their lawlessness into their country.
Ghana is a country which seems to appreciate law and order so please don't go and mess it up for them. We mess up everywhere we go, omo Nigeria.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by chykeo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2009
I will support any investor and manufacturer who decides to go to Ghana and invest. Investment is all about profit making. If the conducive bsiness atmoshpere is there, why not?

Doing business in Nigeria is very risky these days. There are no electricity, no roads, insecurity and unnecessary bottle necks and government interference. What about the omoniles, sons of the soil and the agberos who disrupt your business daily. Kidnapping et al.

So if one gets a tax holiday of 10 years in Ghana and most of those evils that bedevil nogerian enterprenuers are absent in Ghana why not? Cadbury has moved to Ghana. I know of Kim bello Osagie of UBA, he left Nigeria for Ghana too.

So Nigeria needs total overhauling Abeg
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by MUZBO(m): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2009
@poster, what is it they are doing to Nigerian businesses. Please enlighten me before I go o!
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by dinggle: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2009
Who cares about the negative impact at home?, go where your business has the best chance of surviving. With a stable country, electricity and 10yrs free tax, what else could an investor want? Ghana has a better democracy than we have at home.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2009
papaejima, why is it difficult for Nigerians to obey the laws of the land they visit or do business? When you have a Nigerian bank official deposit fake dollar notes in the Central Bank of Ghana you want the Ghanaians to ignore it?. Are you an idiot or what? Talking about big brother and all that ego boosting nonsense you should know that Nigeria does not give anything away free.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by mayrho(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
So that we develop for them and they would frustrate us out keep our investment for themselves
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by yommyflo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2009
It is a good idea SO FAR THE MARKET IS THERE.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2009
dinggle:

Who cares about the negative impact at home?, go where your business has the best chance of surviving. With a stable country, electricity and 10yrs free tax, what else could an investor want? Ghana has a better democracy than we have at home.

EVERYTHING IN GHANA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA. EVERYTHING. OH SORRY NOT EVERYTHING. PUSSY IS CHEAPER IN NIGERIA.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by okeoghenepeter(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2009
why won't they woo our investors when they know that naija is a mess up
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2009
al-qaeda:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OH SORRY NOT EVERYTHING. womanliness IS CHEAPER IN NIGERIA.

What has dis got to do wit de topic under discussion?
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by sleek29(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2009
its plain simple, they are capitalizing on the fact that the nigerian government is a total failure
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
Nezan:

What has dis got to do wit de topic under discussion?

A LOT. ITS THE ONLY THING NIGERIA IS BETTER WITH. PLENTY OF CHEAP GIRLS. WHICH YOU CAN'T FIND IN GHANA.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by freezy(m): 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
Who tell you? Cheap gels many die for Ghana. No country wey dem no dey. Guess he was jus sayin' cheap as they come in Ghana, 9ja gels are cheaper.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2009
freezy:

Who tell you? Cheap gels many die for Ghana. No country wey dem no dey. Guess he was jus sayin' cheap as they come in Ghana, 9ja gels are cheaper.

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU GET A GIRL AND HAVE THE NIGHT OF YOUR LIVES FOR LESS THAN $7.
SWEET BABES YOU GOTTA ADMIT, AND GOOD IN BED.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abrantie: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
It makes financial and economic sense for both countries. Don't forget, you don't have power to keep your factories running -- we have plenty. You don't have water, we have tonnes of water (delivery is a different issue but can be easily addressed with enough capital). Production cost would be lower in Ghana so you can sell your goods at a bigger profit margin in Nigeria.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by ztyle(m): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2009
Why Nigerians, GH must be careful with thier plans or else thinq go run down grin
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by kritikul(f): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2009
al-queda
u must have patronized a whole lot of women of easy virture, sorry for your life
its really incredible the way some nigerians like Martass talk about Nigeria, you guys are also contributing to the problem of this country, the more you speak evil about Nigeria, the worse it gets. When you guys should be thinking of how to improve the economy of your country, you re there speaking negatively against it. Shame on you guys. angry
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by deb(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2009
The Nigerian bastards have hijacked yet another thread using every opportunity they
have to lambast their own country even when they don't need to.

The thread says Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors
Must you attack Nigeria?

like the post says, considering what they did and are doing to nigerian banks and businesses,i will caution investors to thread softly.doing business with our west africa brothers can be a real risk and a huge pain in the ass cos 97% of them hate us with everything in them.they may have a new government yes,bt do the citizens have a new mentality? when u go to most of these west african states and see what nigerians go through,believe me you will tell nigerians not to heed this ghanian call to come and invest in their country.we are treated worse than trash and when they get into trouble,its nigeria they will come looking for and our stupid- big- brother- and- no- brain- government will run to their rescues and have our resources wasted there.

I can testify to the hate. Ghanaians hate Nigerians because we are always ahead of them in everything.
"Every problem in their country is caused by Nigerians" bunch of irresponsible set of human beings
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2009
kritikulm, I'm speaking against Nigerians who commit crimes no country will tolerate except Nigerians. You see why our country is bleeped?

One of the Nigeria Banks in Ghana has already started depositing fake US Dollars in the Central Bank of Ghana, is this what we should be proud of. The case is now going through the court system in Ghana, Other countries would have shut down the bank long time.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by deb(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2009
al-queda
u must have patronized a whole lot of women of easy virture, sorry for your life
its really incredible the way some nigerians like Martass talk about Nigeria, you guys are also contributing to the problem of this country, the more you speak evil about Nigeria, the worse it gets. When you guys should be thinking of how to improve the economy of your country, you re there speaking negatively against it. Shame on you guys.  angry

Yes o. That is all they can do, to condemn their own country and even join force with other hypocritical nationalities to paint us with
any color they so desired. You can keep bad mouthing your own country while Ghanaians and others sweep theirs under the carpet.
I recently read the story of some Ghanaian internet fraudsters lying that they were Nigerians when they actually were Ghanaians
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2009
deb,

pray tell me in what are you ahead of Ghana?, lets be real, cut out all that ego crap.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by deb(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2009
My brother, open your eyes.
Why do Ghanaians always want to be like us?
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2009
Ghanaians want to be like you? ha shocked
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by ichommy(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2009
hmmmmmmm
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by deb(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Martass

My guy don't tell me you are not aware.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by deb(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Martass

You see the link below maybe you will understand me better.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288453.99999.html#bot
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2009
deb,

aware of what?  that Ghanaians want to be like Nigerians?

I'll really like to know why Ghanaians want to be like Nigerians. Just give me one reason so we can dissect it and see whether it makes sense.

This is what wole Soyinka was talking about.   wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Ways To Assess The Potentials Of A Business / I Will Teach You How I Make Money Online Without Any Capital Passively / I Made 800k From Wristband This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.