Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

One Family Is Oppressing The State’—oyin Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Family Is Oppressing The State’—oyin Saraki (1422 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Saraki- Who is Oppressing Who? / Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s Family Is So Cute In New Photoshoot [see Photos] / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Family Is Oppressing The State’—oyin Saraki by proudly9ja(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2009
June 22, 2009 17:45, 934 views
By Astro Jewoola

The daughter of Dr. Olusola Saraki, Kwara state Peoples Democratic Party political godfather, Alhaja Aminat Oyinkansola Saraki, has confessed to a cross-section of journalists that her 75-year-old father and her brother, Governor Bukola Saraki, are oppressing the state and they do not mean well for citizens of Kwara state.

She made the confession during her ‘Know-Me-Tour’ at the Nigeria Union of Journalists Press Centre (Ladi Lawal Hall), Ikeja, Lagos. In her words: “Even though, I love my father but I am quite ashamed to tell the world that my father and my brother, governor Bukola Saraki, have been oppressing the state and they have never meant anything good for the people of the state. “For close to three decades, they have bestrode the politics and economy of the state like the proverbial colossus and with nothing to show for it. Only now, an infinitesimal class of selected individuals are getting richer at the expense of the poor innocent people. These group of people are easily traceable to the bootlickers.”

Oyinkansola Saraki, who came in the company of a six-man group identified as The Kwara Patriots, explained how and why the Sarakis are still dominating the political affairs of the state. “But I am now determined to expose them so as to put a stop to it,” she said. The younger Saraki equally berated her brother, governor Bukola Saraki, describing his six years governance of the state as a waste and self-serving. “For the past six years since he assumed office as the governor of the state, nothing tangible could be recorded to his credit, Oyinkansola declared. “Take a closer look at the much advertised Zimbabwe farmers at Singini. It has been fraudulently converted to Saraki’s farm. How long will it take rice to get to the streets and markets of Kwara State? Kwara State consists of sixteen local government councils but the only viable one is Ilorin West, and that is the seat of power. All other local government councils have been completely emasculated. “There must be a change of guard in Kwara State, and the Kwara Patriots, of which I am a member, is ready to fight them with the last blood in my vein.”

http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/22/one-family-is-oppressing-the-state%E2%80%94oyin-saraki
Re: One Family Is Oppressing The State’—oyin Saraki by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
Straw-grabbing. . .

There is nothing new in what she's saying. The whole world knows the Sarakis have Kwara in their pockets.
She contested against her brother in 2007 and lost. She went to court and lost. Now she has resorted to telling us what we already know just to score cheap political point.

Simply because she was not able to ride on the crest of her father to get her share of 'Kwara cake'.

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Charles Soludo-the Real Deal For Anambra / Ikemba Odumegu Ojukwu-a Hero Or Egomaniac? / Armed Robbery Attacks: Banks Still Under Lock In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.