Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference (56729 Views)

Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Red Egbesu Water Lions Demand Release Of Dasuki And Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by docadams: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

@OP, Why the fuss with being cuffed?
I was arrested. cuffed and taken to court in the aftermath of the 1989 SAP riot. My offence was that I disrupted the existing peace in Enugu. Imagine that. Compare that to Metuh's crime, what will you say?

The lesson is that before a crime, we are all equal before the law, but after the crime, equality can not be guaranteed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by 201320142015ob(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
this is very unfair

5 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
hedonistic:

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/01/man-alleges-minister-of-interior.html?m=1

"man alleges" on a blog! For what it is worth, I don't like the idea of handcuffs on a person like Chief Metuh. Seeing him one on one at Wadata House and legacy house in those days makes it all the more sordid.

Be that as it may, Nigerian leaders know what to do to move this country forward. RESTITUTION. if they choose power play, then all kinds of wailing because of use of power becomes hollow and benighted.

As far as I am concerned, the masses are the real victims of circumstances. all others who ground stand purporting to have nothing to give back when interrogated are on their own.

we will start listening to wailers when a suspect says: "This is all I got without due process of law. I know my opponents got so and so without due process of law as well."

Not "Are we the only ones, you must go after others too" This attitude is an insult to criminal justice. There is nothing like a defence of " it is a bandwagon" or the biblical "we are legion" in law.

5 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Aufbauh(m): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
What is the Op looking for again? @Ikaboy and OnReflection have answered her correctly and she can't refute their submissions.

I'll only advice her to quit sensational journalism as an upcoming blogger. She pretended not to be a tribalist but her reference to Shagari and Ekweme differential treatment gave her out.
Anyway blood is thicker than ink.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Destined2win: 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ezemarcel:
E get the kind money wey u go thief ehh ... U go become a chairman

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by nduchucks: 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
viviangist2:
Am i right or wrong

Good observation. Another observation is that, when an accused has once before eaten evidence like a goat, you have to keep his hands in cuffs, lest he puts those around him in harm's way.

26 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by chigson(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ezemarcel:
he is a real chairman with some guys like his bodyguard
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by ACM10: 7:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
docadams:

You are a tribalist.

When one says the truth, she becomes a tribalist. But when she bashes Igbos, she becomes a nationalist.

13 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by A7(m): 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
But raymond dokpesi was confined at Kuje prison for a while and has made court appearances couple of times without ever being cuffed.

I think it will be interesting if the OP will be objective enough to tell us why she/he didn't use raymond dokpesi as an example.

16 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by ACM10: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ezemarcel:

grin grin grin
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by mobaladf: 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
Both of em suppose dey jail
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by adedapo1994: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by wiseone28: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
lipsrsealed i see nothing
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by IVORY2009(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nichobabe:
OP the difference is that when you are with EFCC, you get small respect as EFCC cell no be jail just like Dokpasi.

Metuh was with EFCC, but he go court to ask to be free but court send am go prison. When he was in EFCC cell, was he in handcuff?

Now instead of EFCC officer na prison warden dey follow am

Instead of EFCC bus na black maria dey carry am

He for stay with EFCC, if he know

Its is so unfortunate that many of us dont know our rights, as a Nigerian citizen by law, you can not be arrested a place in a detention for more than 24hours, it is illegal, its either the case is charged to court or you allow the person go, Mentu is a lawyer he knows that, dat is while he might have refused to stay in the efcc custody, and also to talk, becos anything he says can be used against him, in the court of law.

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Duru1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how Nigeria is still standing. There is no unity among the inhabitants who seemed to have compulsive hatred for one and another. The funny aspect is when a goofy stiff takes the liberty to educate us on the unity in Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Duru1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
ikaboy:
Dasuki never came to court from Kuje prison rather from EFCC custody, unlike Metuh who came from the prisons.

Why did Metuh not come from EFCC custody? Is this not the same fight against corruption?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Mutuwa(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
docadams:

You are a tribalist.

simple..no long language and silly introductions.

7 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by RedCapChief(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Well, Dasuki is a Prince of the Caliphate and Metuh is a village chief from the land of the 5%.

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by redcliff: 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
2boiz:
Afterall, Na both of dem appear in court.
But wait o, dis hausa man wey dey walk without handcuffs get more charges dan Metuh nah undecided

Lol. Metuh is coming from Kuje prisons while Dasuki is coming from the coffers of EFCC
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by cutetopsey(f): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
polithievcians............

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Pidggin(f): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dasuki is from the Northern tribe so they will treat him as a special humanbeing, while Metuh is from 5% tribe according to PMB's thinking

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by IVORY2009(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Mynd44:
Is it no pretty obvious that he was in cuffs because something changed? The first time he was brought to court, was goin cuffs? That shoukd tell you something changed in that space of time

So tell us, wat changed? And wat never changed in Dasuki's own case??

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by playtheblues(f): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Vivian you want them to stop patronising you?

Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

1 Like

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by kaziblake(f): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
You are just a tribalist.

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
jayriginal:
Dasuki spent longer in detention without trial. Why didn't you add that as one of the differences?
What does that have to do with handcuff?
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by mobaladf: 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
Jailing tyns
Re: Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference by playtheblues(f): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
You are right but they will start hating on you....
docadams:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Impregnates A Corper; NYSC Member Serving In His State - SDK's Rumour / Obasanjo Affected By Gbenga's Rumoured Death / Eze Madumere Wore NYSC Outfit To Welcome Osinbajo To Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.