Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside (44239 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by innoxblaze(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:
Thats what catholic does to me. Its as if I m not even committing enough sin sef. The worst is I cant even change church, it ll break my mother's heart.

if by breaking her heart that will enable you to make heaven then so be it, remember on the judgement day everybody will be judged based on his or her own account not by their mom's account
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by RedCapChief(m): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
martineinstein:
mehn.... Your level of understanding appalling... Get what the man is saying and delete this rubbish
Unfortunately, you can't understand my simple paragraph, thus there is no point debating with you.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by belloabdulrazaq(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Funjosh:

Onisokuso agbaya sad
cheesy
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by RedCapChief(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ioannes:

umm... so you go to church to be entertained
Where did I indicate that I go to church for entertainment?
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by genuinechimere(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Yea. It goes with the prophesy in the bible of the kinda men of God that we will have these times. I just pray God leads me to the right path. Humans have made Christianity so confusing.
I sometimes feel, Christianity has been hijacked. The apostles in the Bible never owned a Church or opened a ministry in their name. Denomination isn't God's idea. Man may have made Christianity confusing, but I don't get confused about it. My motto is: that I may know Christ and His finished works on the cross.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by barnabas91: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:
Thats what catholic does to me. Its as if I m not even committing enough sin sef. The worst is I cant even change church, it ll break my mother's heart.
thank God for expressing this.
Do you know that you owe God your life, you wl give account to him not your mother?
Do u also know that your Mum, sorry to say, will someday leave you on this earth (d prayer of every mother, is to die b4 thr children)
my friend, leave any church you are not truly fed the word of God.
God Bless you
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
tommysparks:
have you asked yourself when last you took holy communion and when last you confessed your sins. If you think God will come and knock you to stop sinning then no church can save you.

It goes beyond communion and confession. Why cant you ask me the last time I studied the bible? Or the last time I prayed and fasted to God? And your church has a huge impact in your spiritual life. Its a personal race but you need guidance and encouragement from your Church. A church that preaches repentance and not just confession. A church that makes you realize that you need the holy spirit to worship God. A church that worships. Not just holy communion and confession. I m telling you, you dont do that more than me

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Apina(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
iyke926:
Some churches will loss worshippers. Modern day churches preach about wealth...prosperity and thats what people want to hear.

Dude, are you going to Church because it's your family church?

Was born and raised a Catholic but as I grew older, I started asking myself and clergies questions...maybe it was because the Mass was getting boring, I couldn't believe some of the churches traditions...beliefs no more.

I had to explore, search for truth on your own. It was a scary journey...walking down the lonely unknown street..with no light just my mind as the guide. The truth seemed illusive cuz I got more confused with what I found. I had to take another route when I found a light... asked God to be my guide.

The journey is yours to take alone...if you still thinking about your moms feeling, then you ain't ready.
Yea the mass gets really boring, doing same thing over and over again; that was how I felt when I never understood about the spirituality within those boring rites as I earlier tagged them but within dat 30,40 or 120 mins of boredom comes to place the greatest miracle in human history:bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ. We have become so used to it that it no longer makes meaning to us. If this isn't the truth which u seek then I know not of what light or truth u seek. Perhaps reading in details the life of Saint Augustine would help. From a catholic brother.

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
genuinechimere:
I sometimes feel, Christianity has been hijacked. The apostles in the Bible never owned a Church or opened a ministry in their name. Denomination isn't God's idea. Man may have made Christianity confusing, but I don't get confused about it. My motto is: that I may know Christ and His finished works on the cross.

Knowing Christ is not enough bro... Fr it is written that even the devil knows Christ and trembles. What is required of us is to build a perfect relationship with Him so that he ll walk with us in life. It is in this building of rship that we get confused of the path to follow. Though we all accept that its through Christ but men have created so many Principles on their own
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by stonecoldcafe: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

We live in the same city and attend the same parish. She believes once you attend any other Church, you ll divide the family.

Hmm! Would that still hold true once you marry and have your own family? Oh well whatever works for you sha.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Apina(m): 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

It goes beyond communion and confession. Why cant you ask me the last time I studied the bible? Or the last time I prayed and fasted to God? And your church has a huge impact in your spiritual life. Its a personal race but you need guidance and encouragement from your Church. A church that preaches repentance and not just confession. A church that makes you realize that you need the holy spirit to worship God. A church that worships. Not just holy communion and confession. I m telling you, you dont do that more than me
You wouldn't need confession if u were not a sinner thus it's a call to repentance. He who eats and drinks of me unworthily, eats and drinks condemnation unto himself; the very words of Saint Paul urging all to be pure in mind and heart before going to encounter the lord in the Eucharist. What more do you want us to say about repentance? Sorry that u do not find time to study ur bible which isn't uncommon among christians but I don't think God is gonna ask u dat when u eventually die but what did u do to and for the least of ur brothers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by omololuigb: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Bro. The church you attend is not the reason for your sin. Your mindset needs to be changed. If you sin in the presence of God while attending catholic, you will definitely sin more even if you change your church.

My advice for you is; whenever you are in God's presence, whether Catholic or GOFAMINT. Let your mind be in contact with God.

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Ishilove: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:
On the day of judgement you won't stand with your mum, you will stand alone.

Be wise because salvation is an individual race
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
stonecoldcafe:

Perhaps its your parish or the priest therein. Try moving parish and see if you still feel the same way. I was born into a catholic home and so I get where you're coming from. I'm no longer there but from time to time, I still attend. I can't help it.

My parents are still die hard catholics and their parish priest dey preach die. My mum also attends charismatic so sometimes you feel she is in a pentecoastal church. After she speak in tongues and preach ehn, you go confuse but by the time she carry her rosary again, you are reminded she is truly catholic.
I call that spiritual confusion....#nooffenceintended.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by danbrowndmf(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Alexpissu:
Religion is getting complex
The great Alexpissu...All the way from Rap section. ****Removes cap & salute him****

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
driy65:
U guys are always quick 2 throw tantrums on d catholic church buh wen it comes 2 ur pastorprenuers and thier luxirios lives u wunt speak up...U feel christianity is all about speaking in tongues and dancin azonto in church...Most charity homes in dis country are bein ran by the catholic church...u guys shud knw that ur prayers alone wunt save u...go read abt Mother Theresa of Calculta, i bet none of ur socalled pastors comes close 2 her...feel christianity is jst about wearin suits and buyin private jets
hw many charitable stuffs did d thief on the cross do.....
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by efonat(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
[size=30pt]U prefer the full house that leads to hell or the few that leads to heaven. Bible says many 're called but few 're chosen. Advise urself lady. [/size]
Vlady:
who want to loss its member na.

if u preach against sin in ur church then u need divine touch to get a full house.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
Apina:

You wouldn't need confession if u were not a sinner thus it's a call to repentance. He who eats and drinks of me unworthily, eats and drinks condemnation unto himself; the very words of Saint Paul urging all to be pure in mind and heart before going to encounter the lord in the Eucharist. What more do you want us to say about repentance? Sorry that u do not find time to study ur bible which isn't uncommon among christians but I don't think God is gonna ask u dat when u eventually die but what did u do to and for the least of ur brothers.

Nope, you still dont get it. You think God will judge us just based on what we do to and for our brothers.. Where is faith? Without faith it is impossible to please God. Even if you feed and clothe the whole human race. Do you practice your faith? And faith comes from hearing the Word . So you are saying God wont be concerned abt how much of His Word I know, How then do I get faith if I dont study His word. Holy communion and confession are just rituals. No amount of Holy communion or confession or good deeds would build me up if I dont study the Word. The practice in catholic today is that we go for confession on saturday, receive communion on sunday and back to our lives on monday. That aint right. Christianity is a lifestyle bro, its principles are contained solely in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
omololuigb:

Bro. The church you attend is not the reason for your sin. Your mindset needs to be changed. If you sin in the presence of God while attending catholic, you will definitely sin more even if you change your church.

My advice for you is; whenever you are in God's presence, whether Catholic or GOFAMINT. Let your mind be in contact with God.
so so true @last sentence.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by akigbemaru: 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
chufch quote
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by tommysparks: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Nope, you still dont get it. You think God will judge us just based on what we do to and for our brothers.. Where is faith? Without faith it is impossible to please God. Even if you feed and clothe the whole human race. Do you practice your faith? And faith comes from hearing the Word . So you are saying God wont be concerned abt how much of His Word I know, How then do I get faith if I dont study His word. Holy communion and confession are just rituals. No amount of Holy communion or confession or good deeds would build me up if I dont study the Word. The practice in catholic today is that we go for confession on saturday, receive communion on sunday and back to our lives on monday. That aint right. Christianity is a lifestyle bro, its principles are contained solely in the bible.
so did the Catholic Church tell you not to study your Bible? after being read 5compulsory portions in the Bible everyday from Sunday mass to daily masses u still don't have the zeal to study at your spare time? Or you are waiting for the priest to start asking each person in church what did we say last Sunday? Or did catholic church tell u to go back to sin after church on Sunday? Guy your matter Na TB Joshua or Fr. Mbaka go solve am I tell you.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
tommysparks:
so did the Catholic Church tell you not to study your Bible? after being read 5compulsory portions in the Bible everyday from Sunday mass to daily masses u still don't have the zeal to study at your spare time? Or you are waiting for the priest to start asking each person in church what did we say last Sunday? Or did catholic church tell u to go back to sin after church on Sunday? Guy your matter Na TB Joshua or Fr. Mbaka go solve am I tell you.

I was responding to your comment where you said God wont be concerned abt that. Go and read your previous comment vis a vis my reply to it.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by missjane: 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
God has been misrepresented a lot by religious bigots. I don't doubt that if Jesus were to have been here at this present time..many of our pharisee preachers will despitefully call him carnal..

Please listen to this valuable resource from Andrew wommack website talking about God's love.

http://www.awmi.net/audio/audio-teachings/#/awm_1077a_new.mp3
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by SalC: 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

The bold is not and has never been the practice or teaching of the Catholic church but your personal life style which you alone chose to live (assuming that's what you do though). Please don't generalise or impose it on the Catholic church.

All my life as a Catholic, I have never seen heard or read where it is said that a Catholic should live this way.
If therefore this is how you live, it is your mindset that needs a change because no church will force you to change if you don't want to.

Pick up your bible and read, no one is stopping you. Infact you are encouraged to do so, don't wait for a church that will spoon-feed you, cultivate the habit of praying often for God's grace and divine direction.

Don't go to confession if you are not truly repentant and willing to change while asking for God's grace. You'd be wasting your time.
The church is there to guide you and not to force you.

I do pray you build a better relationship with God while listening to the church's guidance and making effort to get closer to him by the day, His grace is sufficient for you.

PACEM.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by TeamSimple(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Franklyly:

lol, bro.....ur soul is more important dan ur mum's heart!
Na wa o,christian trying to convert christian. lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by stonecoldcafe: 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
chidexxy007:

I call that spiritual confusion....#nooffenceintended.

LOLZ none taken. Spiritual confusion from me (as I attend pentecoastal and also go for mass sometimes) or my mum.

If na me, I accept. If you mean my mum then I suggest you read up about the charismatic renewal movement in the catholic church. Read or ask people questions; you'll be mildly surprised and better informed.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by okparea(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
i know what am about to say is not involve with this please we have to pray for nigeria my prophet prophecy that we have to pray for FCT against bomb blast that will cause the bombardment of delta state that mend has done there evil meeting and are already working to bomb abuja and kill some top people .. i believe in prophesy please my brothers and sister let us come together and pray i don't like evil new
prayer do turn things around we need each other like never before

the world power are doing everything for nigeria not to remain a nation 2020
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by izutex007(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Bro, I want to be a true Christian in catholic church. But the Word there is weak. I got more conscious of building a relationship with God when I visited another church, just the preaching for that day gave me a serious rethink. I came back to my catholic church and I wasnt feeling it. I really want to get close to God in catholic not just observing catholic rituals and doctrines. Christianity is way deeper than that.

Bro. I suggest u get more specific here. That the Parish u attend isnt 'spirit-filled' doesnt make other catholic parishses the same.

Moreover have u heared of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Nigeria(CCRN)...also called *Charismatics... in the catholic church? Or is ur parish not having one?

**i suggest u join them.

A sunday mass in my place(when i was at Niger state).... Used to be like a prayer meeting!!! When I came down to Ibadan...same cannot be said of my current parish.

Does that mean that all catholic church parishes are the same...NO they are not. Yet...the power at work in me has not for once left me!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by FILUX(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Not comfortable where there's no progress cry
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Thelma110(f): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

I don't agree with you.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Themandator: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
wayne4loan:
(Money must be made) The motto of new generation pastors.

Genuine 'new generation' pastors have led many out of ignorance and sin... The first sign that your church is encouraging you to remain ii son is if members runs from on 'strong prayerful house to another as well visit prophets every now and then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is Pastor Abel Damina? / Lady Dreamt That Someone Attacked Her Eyes With Needle, Then This Happened. PICS / Prophet Fufeyin's Saga With Crippled Lady Takes New Turn, Reveals Facts Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.