Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? (1569 Views)

Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin? / More Revealing Facts About Hijaab Wearing For Students In Osun State / The Root Cause Of Your Problem Is Condemnation - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by personal59: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2016
Why Is My Hijaab/Niqaab Your Problem?
These days people no longer want to know the rationale behind why we use the veil. They honestly do not care to know, they just want us to humour them, they just want an avenue to sow misguided thoughts into our minds. Enough of being an apologist Muslim already. Why do I have to always explain to anybody why I wear the Hijaab? I do not question you when you make your hair into six different colours, looking like a rainbow, or when you squeeze yourself into those ripped Jean trousers looking like a mad person. Why is my Hijaab suddenly your concern? You said it made me look like an extremist, I tried being 'liberal' by compromising a few times but still, you have decided to remain ignorant. I refuse to be a 'liberal' Muslim if it means being a puppet to your humour shows. I'm sorry if my consistent beliefs seem extreme to you, I simply answer to the Almighty and this servitude requires steadfastness, which you might have no clue about, considering the fact that your 'fashion trends' are always changing and you have to keep up with the trends to seek pseudo-fulfillment from a bunch of males who have objectified you. You say my Hijaab makes me look drab and dirty. I say I'd rather be covered in mud with a heart of gold and purity whiter than untampered snow than be a piece of eye candy to strange men. You say my Hijaab limits my self expression. I'm sorry people actually judge me for what I say and do, and not what I simply look like. You say I might never find a husband. I do not worry because I know Allah has written my beautiful love story before I was even born. You think I not sociable. I was simply not brought up to interact shamelessly with the opposite sex. You say I take my religion too seriously. How can I not? When I know my death is just behind me.
I'd rather be the most faithful servant to Allah, than the most beautiful girl of any pageant. Beauty queens wear their crowns for only a year or two, my reward for faithfulness (Jannah) is FOREVER! This is the greatest deal of all. Do not be enslaved by the glitz and glamour of this world, it'll all fade away in the blink of an eye. Wouldn't you rather be a slave to the King of the worlds? If you are geniunely interested in knowing about my religion, just know me and any other Muslim is more than willing to satisfy your curiosity and guide you towards true fulfillment. Stop worrying about my Hijaab. Start worrying about your Hereafter. #Hijaab‬:OurVeil,OurPride.
help broadcast. .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Junior66(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
k
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Amberon: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2016
Did you have to insult other women ? what did christian women do to you? Why did you have to generalise that other women " interact shamelessy with the opposite sex"? Do you really think we care what pile of shit you wear? You think You do not want people to judge you but you judge them by saying their "torn jeans" make them look mad.

If you're going to pass your point across, do so without degrading others.

Now how does interacting with men equate to being shameless?? If your religion teaches you to be second class citizens, ours doesn't and you should respect that. Demeaning others while trying to make a point reeks of insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nobody gives a fvck, just take off the rag when its necessary and keep off from christian dominated areas.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
Mary wore the hijab. If one were to see her today one would say she looks muslim. Interesting that Mary is supposed to be an example for all christian women, yet christian women do not love her enough to even look like the depictions of her.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by onetrack(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
personal59:
These days people no longer want to know the rationale behind why we use the veil. They honestly do not care to know, they just want us to humour them, they just want an avenue to sow misguided thoughts into our minds. Enough of being an apologist Muslim already. Why do I have to always explain to anybody why I wear the Hijaab? I do not question you when you make your hair into six different colours, looking like a rainbow, or when you squeeze yourself into those ripped Jean trousers looking like a mad person. Why is my Hijaab suddenly your concern? You said it made me look like an extremist, I tried being 'liberal' by compromising a few times but still, you have decided to remain ignorant. I refuse to be a 'liberal' Muslim if it means being a puppet to your humour shows. I'm sorry if my consistent beliefs seem extreme to you, I simply answer to the Almighty and this servitude requires steadfastness, which you might have no clue about, considering the fact that your 'fashion trends' are always changing and you have to keep up with the trends to seek pseudo-fulfillment from a bunch of males who have objectified you. You say my Hijaab makes me look drab and dirty. I say I'd rather be covered in mud with a heart of gold and purity whiter than untampered snow than be a piece of eye candy to strange men. You say my Hijaab limits my self expression. I'm sorry people actually judge me for what I say and do, and not what I simply look like. You say I might never find a husband. I do not worry because I know Allah has written my beautiful love story before I was even born. You think I not sociable. I was simply not brought up to interact shamelessly with the opposite sex. You say I take my religion too seriously. How can I not? When I know my death is just behind me.
I'd rather be the most faithful servant to Allah, than the most beautiful girl of any pageant. Beauty queens wear their crowns for only a year or two, my reward for faithfulness (Jannah) is FOREVER! This is the greatest deal of all. Do not be enslaved by the glitz and glamour of this world, it'll all fade away in the blink of an eye. Wouldn't you rather be a slave to the King of the worlds? If you are geniunely interested in knowing about my religion, just know me and any other Muslim is more than willing to satisfy your curiosity and guide you towards true fulfillment. Stop worrying about my Hijaab. Start worrying about your Hereafter. #Hijaab‬:OurVeil,OurPride.
help broadcast. .....

It's kind of funny that the person who wrote this complains about being judged when that is all she is doing in this rant.

And for the vast majority of people, the hijab is not a problem, but the niqab is because it hides the face.

And if Allah has indeed written everyone's story before they were born, then the people who are judging you are simply doing what Allah willed them to do. smiley
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by personal59: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Speechless3:
Nobody gives a fvck, just take off the rag when its necessary and keep off from christian dominated areas.

And where is xtian dominated area nd also where is muslim dominated area Nigeria belong to all so if u don't av good thing to say just lev d post alone not begging for comment nor likes

Must everybody dress like a dog (sex is a normal thing to animals) nd even people like u who blong to dsame grp as dem abeg ooo don't ever comment on my post again pls lost sheep
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Speechless3:

Sister , if Mary mother of Jesus peace be upon him were to be walking with her hijab on in a " Christian area " would you be the first to order her to take it off ?
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
personal59:

And where is xtian dominated area nd also where is muslim dominated area Nigeria belong to all so if u don't av good thing to say just lev d post alone not begging for comment nor likes

Must everybody dress like a dog (sex is a normal thing to animals) nd even people like u who blong to dsame grp as dem abeg ooo don't ever comment on my post again pls lost sheep

bla bla bla pls go and sit down on some live coal.
Just like a commenter rightly said you live in insecurity and may i add emptiness. If the only way to look modest is to block my sensory organs to hell with modesty then.

Why not censor all your threads to save you from heart aches. Silly hypocrite work on your steam before you start talking of wisdom above your islamic fish brain.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Sister , if Mary mother of Jesus peace be upon him were to be walking with her hijab on in a " Christian area " would you be the first to order her to take it off ?

And where was it said that Mary wore a hijab?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
‘And Rebecca lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she alighted from the camel, and said to the servant, “Who is the man yonder, coming to meet us?” The servant said, “It is my Master”. So she took her veil and covered herself’. (Genesis 24 v 64,65)

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
Paul has this to say in 1Corinthians 11v5-6: “… For if a women will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a women to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.”

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by personal59: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
My brother so many people are dress yet they are still naked its just what shaytann has paint for most people may Allah save us all
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by analice107: 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Paul has this to say in 1Corinthians 11v5-6: “… For if a women will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a women to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.”
Oh, so you believe Paul today? Paul is no longer a liar? This muslims. Pls try to understand what you just quoted.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Amberon: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
Are you in anyway insinuating that Christian women dress like dogs ? And how does "sex" come into this issue?

What exactly is your problem? If you want me to go down the "demeaning" lane then trust me this conversation will be DOA. But for the sake of maturity, I won't.

personal59:

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by frank317: 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hijab reminds me of slavery...I hate it. I feel girls who were is are chained. Bondage of religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by personal59: 12:15am On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:
Are you in anyway insinuating that Christian women dress like dogs ? And how does "sex" come into this issue?

What exactly is your problem? If you want me to go down the "demeaning" lane then trust me this conversation will be DOA. But for the sake of maturity, I won't.

Oga abeg face front and keep to your lane if u can't read what transpire before pls stay out of the line abeg for that maturity sake, part of maturity is asking m y I reply that way nt coming into conclusion before asking what happen thanks
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Humblebloke(m): 12:35am On Jan 21, 2016
Religiotards everywhere.....

Insecure bunch......always degrading one another

I don't have any ish with the hijab...... The niqqab is what irks me....
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Amberon: 4:12am On Jan 21, 2016
You cannot expect me to "face front" while you go on an insult spree against my own kind. What stup!d maturity are you talking about here. Didn't you fill write up with hatred against non-muslim females? So where exactly is your maturity?
personal59:

Oga abeg face front and keep to your lane if u can't read what transpire before pls stay out of the line abeg for that maturity sake, part of maturity is asking m y I reply that way nt coming into conclusion before asking what happen thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by SirHouloo(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
hockeyoilers:

No veil is mentioned.

But every woman that prayeth or
prophesieth with her head
uncovered dishonoureth her head:
for that is even all one as if she
were shaven. 6 For if the woman be
not covered, let her also be shorn:
but if it be a shame for a woman to
be shorn or shaven, let her be
covered.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by allanphash7(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
See what religion has caused

Even those that brought this religion never lived to be a sadist

Dontjustlikereligion
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by yvesboss(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Can someone tell Seun to close down this Religion section? It burns my heart when i see folks quarelling here on what is needless.

We always want to defend a religion...always want to say this will go to heaven, that will go to hell..So that is it, right?

Honestly, i think the major purpose of any religion debate is to make person A feel better than person B and thats the requirement for heaven?

I really wonder if that is the purpose of religion in the first place...who thinks he or she is defending God as such...WHO CAN DEFEND GOD.

God have mercy on us.

PLEASE MR SEUN..HELP US CLOSE DIWN THIS RELIGION SECTION.

I seldom gain what i honestly wanna gain when i enter this section...all i see is angry beef.

God help us.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:5, says that “Every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.”
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by orisa37: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
Stop using it for suicide and for murder. You used it in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Lebanon, in Pakistan, in Nigeria etc etc. And you don't allow Christians to toast your fine ladies under cover.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by CoolUsername: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
There's nothing wrong in wearing a hijab as long as it's YOUR choice.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by stonemasonn: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Dearest op, until recently most people weren't that bordered about this niqaab or hijab. It became an issue when Buhari talked about banning it only to deny his statements. But if you are an advocate of niqaab, i will advice you to create a thread condemning suicide bombing in the North east at least.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by plappville(f): 12:27am On Jan 22, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Mary wore the hijab. If one were to see her today one would say she looks muslim. Interesting that Mary is supposed to be an example for all christian women, yet christian women do not love her enough to even look like the depictions of her.

Do you have image of how Mary LOOK like?
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by plappville(f): 12:31am On Jan 22, 2016
personal59:
help broadcast. .....

No one would have noticed what you wear if you have not been using it to disguise. Hijaab/Niqaab is a terrorist tool.. wink
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by plappville(f): 12:39am On Jan 22, 2016
hockeyoilers:
‘And Rebecca lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she alighted from the camel, and said to the servant, “Who is the man yonder, coming to meet us?” The servant said, “It is my Master”. So she took her veil and covered herself’. (Genesis 24 v 64,65)

So REBECCA didnt cover herself all the while she with the servant? It shows she did that before her future husband. Cant you read and understand?
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by plappville(f): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2016
hockeyoilers:

READ FOR YOURSELF AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE QOUTING OUT OF context.

Notice He was taking about covering of the head when praying to God.

The hair is what covers the head thats why a man should not have long hair.
A womans hair is her glory, why would she hid it? You deprive yourself from the blessing of the sun.
Covering up from head to toe. If God really wants a Woman to cover her glory He wouldnt have given it at the first place.

Please Take note of the bolds.

1 Corinthians 11:5-15King (KJV)

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering .
God gave the woman long hair to cover her head.
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by plappville(f): 1:03am On Jan 22, 2016
personal59:
My brother so many people are dress yet they are still naked its just what shaytann has paint for most people may Allah save us all

Allah is the problem the world is facing today. How can you still call on it to save you when he couldn't even show Muhammad his food was poisoned. . undecided

Creat peace between iran and Saudi ?
Re: Why Is My Hijaab/niqaab Your Problem? by personal59: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2016
plappville:

No one would have noticed what you wear if you have not been using it to disguise. Hijaab/Niqaab is a terrorist tool.. wink

My sister you ask yourself the following questions and answer sincerely

When av dey been wearing this niqab (eleha) self back in d olden days and when did dey start using it for suicide bombing?

The first thing used for suicide are cars did u ever request for car been ban?

People commit different type of atrocities with force uniforms did u ever clamor for it to be ban?

Just be sincere with yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Names Of Churches You Find In Nigeria (photos) / Jesus, Not God / Top 5 Reason Why Mohammed Is Not A Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.