Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln (94503 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / The A to Z Of Oil Palm Farming (Costs And Returns Analysis) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Bookiemart01(f): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hello OP.. are your kilns NIOMR FISH SMOKING KILN? Iff the are how much is 250KG to PH? If they arent, what can they do? Do they meet
NIOMR FISH SMOKING KILN standards?

Etranshub:
500kg capacity smoking kiln, abuja bound #gowanjafarms gwagwalada

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
Our smoking kilns re not that of NIOMR and by niomr standard do you mean smoking to avoid exposure of your fish to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) to meet EU and FDA requirement? If yes then the answer is yes and we have more features in our smoking kilns which makes them very easy to use. Also they come in stainless steel or galvanized steel interior depending of the clients choice. For price and delivery details send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com
Bookiemart01:
Hello OP.. are your kilns NIOMR FISH SMOKING KILN? Iff the are how much is 250KG to PH? If they arent, what can they do? Do they meet
NIOMR FISH SMOKING KILN standards?

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
2osta:

I sent you a mail please do get back to me. Thank you for this wonderful post.
kindly check your email, I just finished replying my emails. Regards
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Bookiemart01(f): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
Yes I mean to avoid PAH and meet EU and FDA standards.

I've sent a mail to the email address you posted....do well to respond as fast as you can.

Mail was send from matemi.........@yahoo.com

Etranshub:
Our smoking kilns re not that of NIOMR and by niomr standard do you mean smoking to avoid
exposure of your fish to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) to meet EU and FDA requirement? If yes then the answer is yes and we have more features in our smoking kilns which makes them very easy to use. Also they come in stainless steel or galvanized steel interior depending of the clients choice. For price and delivery details send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
Replied, you can check now
Bookiemart01:
Yes I mean to avoid PAH and meet EU and FDA standards.

I've sent a mail to the email address you posted....do well to respond as fast as you can.

Mail was send from matemi.........@yahoo.com

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by idowuomagegmai: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello sir,
Lovely write up.
Pls I need you to pls advice me on how to market my smoke Catfish both locally and internationally.
My details below.
Wasap 08024071939
Email : Idowuomage@gmail.com

I would really appreciate your prompt response.

Thank you
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by idowuomagegmai: 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hello,
Nice write up.
Kindly advice me on how to market my smoke Catfish both locally and internationally.
My details below.
Wasap 08024071939
Email Idowuomage @gmail.com

I will really appreciate your swift response.
Thank you
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by bizz(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nice post
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Bookiemart01(f): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
Seen thank you. However, I have a few questions which I'll like answered. I'll ask them as a reply to the mail

Etranshub:
Replied, you can check now
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2016
You re always welcome, will be looking out for the questions
Bookiemart01:
Seen thank you. However, I have a few questions which I'll like answered. I'll ask them as a reply to the mail

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Daezig: 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
I will want you to send me the prices of your different types of smoking kiln for me to know the one that suits me @ ezeiguh2004@yahoo.com. Can anyone in the house give me addresses of catfish farmers in I bad and Lagos.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Ttalk: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please send to goldgate2003@yahoo.com price of stainless fish oven that will accommodate 200kg
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by ayosat(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Always get your seed right!.
We deal in the best seeds for profitable farm business.
Get your fingerlings / juveniles from us and you wont regret.
Call Ayo on 08035193433
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Blesseddestiny(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
pls I need detail abt smoke fish business. desting4eva@yahoo.com
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Olamytea(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
pls send me a quotation of the price and capacity of ur kiln to my mail. @olayinkajoseph6@gmail.com
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by thunderkid55(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
May God bless your knowledge op.
pls is there any machine that can do the cleaning, gills removal if one is to produce in large quantity as a professional?

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Smartademu(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Etranshub:
How lucrative is the business? i am sure someone is asking that question which indeed is one of the most important question to ask before venturing into the business of fish smoking either for local market or the international market which is exportation (we will talk more on that in the future)

Yes i have said it before, the business is lucrative and this is how: In fish smoking business, you either smoke your own farmed fish or buy from fish farmers, either way you will surely make your profit but i usally advise people to smoke their own farmed fish as the profit margin on that is very high but its most easy for people who are full time fish farmers. Lets start with the example of someone that wants to buy from a fish farmer, basically the rampant type of fish that are been smoked are refer to as melunch which ranges from any fish that can be folded through fishes that weigh 400g (i.e fish that weigh 400g and below while fishes that weighs 400g and above are refered to as table size). The melunch presently sells for about 400/kg while the table sizes sales for 500-550/kg.

If you buy 100kg of melunch at 400/kg that means you are to pay N40,000 for the 100kg of fish. follow the steps stated above to smoke, remember you will lose about 70-75% of the weight after smoking for longer preservation which means you will be left with about 25kg of smoked fish after the process. let us assume you made use of 2000 worth of gas or charcoal as power source depending on your type of smoking kiln (2000 naira is way too much for gas or charcoal for 100kg fish though) then you would have spent 42,000 + 3000 for miscelaneous then the total should be around 45,000.

The present market value for smoked fish is 3000/kg (thats why an average 1000pack of smoke fish weighs about 330g-350g) there your 25kg will fetch you 25 multiply by 3000 which will give you 75,000.

75,000-45,000 = 30,000 profit.

Remember the man that sells melunch to you is also making profit, so what if you are the farmer that farmed the melunch? That means more profit.

The business is indeed profitable but there is more......keep following

God bless u, sir for this enlightenment and encouragement. I am seriously planning to go into this biz to supplement my income.

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by toyomars(m): 12:42am On Oct 11, 2016
Please contact this guy for your catfish/fish smoking chamber, he is good. Follow the http:// www.nairaland.com/3113347/doctor-ovens-stoves
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Abuja bound 100kg smoking kiln with racks on trolley, stainless interior wall,temperature gauge,dual power of gas a charcoal,oil and moisture collector......etc

At Bethsaidal Farms And agro allied, we build the best of fish smoking kiln that makes fish processing looks like piece of cake. We don't just build but we are into complete package of fish farming and processing so you can visits us for training aswell

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Bookiemart01(f): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Is this galvanised?

Etranshub:
Abuja bound 100kg smoking kiln with racks on trolley, stainless interior wall,temperature gauge,dual power of gas a charcoal,oil and moisture collector......etc

At Bethsaidal Farms And agro allied, we build the best of fish smoking kiln that makes fish processing looks like piece of cake. We don't just build but we are into complete package of fish farming and processing so you can visits us for training aswell
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by knoxx: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thanks for the insightful posts. I actually followed you from roboski and soft's page and posts. And i must say am impressed by your products. You an inspiration to youths of our generation. Pls Kindly send the pics and prices of your products to seggy9979@yahoo.co.uk as soon as you can. Am currently writing a proposal and feasibility study for an intending investor.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by knoxx: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
In addition to my previous post. Can you host a group of secondary students on excursion to your farm and factory facilities. They are eager and anticipating your consent. They actually saw and pointed out your first product on roboski's page.
Etranshub:
my farm/factory is at km 40 lagos abeokuta express abule-oko bus-stop. feel free to visit anytime from monday-saturday between 8am-5pm
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
knoxx:
In addition to my previous post. Can you host a group of secondary students on excursion to your farm and factory facilities. They are eager and anticipating your consent. They actually saw and pointed out your first product on roboski's page.
thank you for the compliment, product catalogue sent to your email as per your request.

Oh yes it would be a pleasure to have the secondary students in our farm/factory,infact we feel honoured. Just put a call through to me on 08167488947 to make such arrangement for them...regards
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by olushollys(m): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Great work, kindly foward ur catalouge and price list to olushollys@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Sportize(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pls op, continue d teaching as u said A-Z, as I don't think we av gotten to d Z yet ...
This thread has now turned into a buying nd selling platform... I understand u need to sell ur product but u haven't clearly distinct how one can perfectly achieve a smoked fish good enuf for Nafdac approval nd also exportation standard plus throwing more lite on how to go about getting ur fishes to d foreign market
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
Say hello to our new model 75kg classic (BCK75) stainless interior smoking kiln with adjustable chimney, racks on rollers, temperature gauge,dual power of gas land charcoal with many more. Available for pick up at Bethsaidal Farms And Agro-allied. Call Mike on 08167488947 or send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com and quotation quotation details of our other products

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 11:51am On Nov 08, 2016
Branding and packaging: lately I get a lot of calls in regards to packaging and branding. Yes these to are very important for you to be successful in the fish processing industry today. Whether you are exporting or selling locally, as long as your product is likely to go on a shelf for display in on store or the other then you have to take these two things serious.

Branding: every business owner or prospective business owners have a special image in their heart what they want their product branding to look like a what name they intend to give to the product. There are professionals that do product branding, approach one or two and give them the design you have in mind and let them work around that.

Packaging: this is the most important of the two as it has to do with the shelf life of the product . As long as your fish is well dried (i.e losing at least 75% of the initial body weight of the fish which is mostly moisture and oil) and also well de-gutted (i.e removing the the internal organs o th fish like intestines, gills, lungs etc )then your smoked fish is ready for a long shelf life. Th packaging now will depend on how long you intend to store an th mode of storage. If you are packaging with cartoon ,ensure they are perforated cartoons same thing goes for nylon. Then they will be stored In a cool an dry place. In the of export, you might want to use a vacuum sealer to seal your product when using nylon packaging. A vacuum sealer extracts all the air in th nylon before sealing which gives your product a longer shelf life.

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Jethrolite(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
Etranshub:
Branding and packaging: lately I get a lot of calls in regards to packaging and branding. Yes these to are very important for you lf life.
How much is a dryer that can dry a whole cow at once, let's say 1000kg capacity? Or is it advisable to get 2 500kg dryers.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
At Bethsaidal farms , we have variuos sizes and model of smokiln kilns that will fit your fish processing plans and environment. Contact us today via email ( olowaolugbenga@gmail.com) for quotations on our various product to pick the one that will fit your plans .

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
At Bethsaidal Farms And agro allied, we don't just sell machines but we sell class and environmental friendly equipments. Contact Michael On 08167488947 voice/whatsapp or send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com for quotation/product catalogue

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
For big time fish processors, say hello to our 500kg stainless interior wall smoking kiln with dual power of gas and charcoal ,oil and moisture collector, racks on trolley,removable racks, temperature gauge and many more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives) / List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.