Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1341124 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

But I'm surprised when I hear people die in training something wey women de do successfully, is it the running, shooting, etc that will kill person? na all this big men children wey na nanny de bath them go join army go die, no people like me wey don dey chew bone from kindergarten

guy i wish u witness one of their trainings one day. Specially the 'Camp HighLand' where cadets fire and throw live gradne.
Some training their women don't really get into it like guys. If a girl do 3 the guy will do 7. At least I witnessed their everyday 10km endurance trekking bare foot on hot cole tyes. U go see how their female cadets go faint the male counter the carry the female for back. (Leave no one behind) rule.
U go see how their feet go the pill blood the flow. Guy that place is hell o. U need to be tough for it.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Femillionz(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
25 most difficult questions to be prepared for on a job interview

Some ways have been proven to always win the heart of your interviewers

So, you are one of those who want to build a career and has several interviews to face in the coming months till you bag the best offer. Straightly, I will pour it out that the interview session is more than just questions and answers as we all know and the importance of equipping yourself before every interview no matter how much you know cannot be over emphasized.

RIDE WITH ME

http://jobintelng.com/2018/01/25-most-difficult-questions-to-be-prepared-for-on-a-job-interview/
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
My brother you know lie sha... but trek when I don trek for this life na only God go fit forgive me, Is it the constant trekking from Kastina road to Malali/Kawo abi na the trekking from Abulegba to agege during NYSC when FG no go gree pay allowee.. sote I de cover 3km in 20min trekking. Its well all is for a testimony I just pray God will see me through this year since NDA show guys pepper. because of the army thing I don't take alcohol, no tattoo, no booze, no sugar because of pile chai !!! person don sacrifice alot..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by CaptainStephen(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

I throway salute, you too much I know definitely you are in the system.
But why are they favoring this Regular guys too much its not good na, how can someone I senior salute me and later I'll be the one saluting (saying yes sir) to the person? e get as e be na!! and the worst thing is most of those guys are small boys oo(Regulars) imagine a 30years LT saluting a 24years LT the thing just tire me I swear, I was in 1Div one day and I saw a thing that disgusted me, one small boy Capt I swear that guy never reach 30yrs if you see how arrogant he was to one sergeant that is in his 50s you go cry, the Serg was just saying yes sir..
I nearly called him out due to annoyance but I calmed down and I swore in my heart that I must join the officer Cadre and by Gods grace upon commissioning I must make a difference even though na lance Corporal be my subordinate I must give the person maximum respect as far as his my senior age wise na I'm gonna break the rules nobody should call me sir(Elderly NCOs) na me go they call them sirs self.
My friend age is not a criteria but rank in the case of the military, regarding what you experienced I will say truely some officers are overbearing in nature and you can't stop anyone from addressing you as SIR !
I am a good example, my dad is an NCO which makes me above in terms of rank, Funny enough same corps, not same unit, we united during a field exercise and he(NCO) didn't carry out an order quickly as he should have done and I had to scold him for that. It was the normal thing to have been done but I kid you not brother I couldn't sleep that whole night ! I also tried everything possible to avoid us running into each other, so he won't have to salute me.
My point is a lot of things applying outside do not apply to the Army so if you are coming in due to employment or financial reasons, I won't advice you choose the Army.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:
My brother you know lie sha... but trek when I don trek for this life na only God go fit forgive me, Is it the constant trekking from Kastina road to Malali/Kawo abi na the trekking from Abulegba to agege during NYSC when FG no go gree pay allowee.. sote I de cover 3km in 20min trekking. Its well all is for a testimony I just pray God will see me through this year since NDA show guys pepper. because of the army thing I don't take alcohol, no tattoo, no booze, no sugar because of pile chai !!! person don sacrifice alot..

3KM in 20mins? Trekkin or running?

Those guys trek bare foot on hot cole. Their feet got pilled and blood dripped.
Have u tried that one?
U don climb mountains? I really wished u see these guys during training.
So don't be shocked when people die.
Just pray urs should be diff.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Have u tried that one?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Have u tried that one?
hmmmn no make me change mind oo.. sha all die na die.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
@CptStepHer.

I don tell dem o. Military is a diff world. A lot of soldiers in the system are cryin to come out.
Read the Terms AND conditions Of Service to avoid 'Had I Known'.
If ur drm is to get in and get rich I pity u. If ur drm is to join due to unemployment I pity u. If ur drm is to join and enage in other businesses to make money I pity u. If ur drm is to join because u admire the uniform i pity u.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

But I'm surprised when I hear people die in training something wey women de do successfully, is it the running, shooting, etc that will kill person? na all this big men children wey na nanny de bath them go join army go die, no people like me wey don dey chew bone from kindergarten

Hahaha, you're funny. Women's training is lighter to men's.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
hello there .....plx hu applied for 70rc
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
@CptStepHer.

I don tell dem o. Military is a diff world. A lot of soldiers in the system are cryin to come out.
If ur drm is to get in and get rich I pity u. If ur drm is to join due to unemployment I pity u. If ur drm is to join and enage in other businesses to make money I pity u. If ur drm is to join because u admire the uniform i pity u.
Bros !!! That their starched uniform de burst my head, I always fantasize of starching my Khaki with Solid bond glue and very sharp ghetto lines with well polished shoes chai!! nothing sweet pass that thing, though I also wanna join to taste action.
13 days in Benghazi, Black hawk down, Olympus has fallen is always wetting my appetite for violence, I can't wait to unleash the beast in me on bokoharam

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
Enjoyin the enlightenment from Gen n Capt. salute sir,so much respect sir.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
CaptainStephen:
My friend age is not a criteria but rank in the case of the military, regarding what you experienced I will say truely some officers are overbearing in nature and you can't stop anyone from addressing you as SIR !
I am a good example, my dad is an NCO which makes me above in terms of rank, Funny enough same corps, not same unit, we united during a field exercise and he(NCO) didn't carry out an order quickly as he should have done and I had to scold him for that. It was the normal thing to have been done but I kid you not brother I couldn't sleep that whole night ! I also tried everything possible to avoid us running into each other, so he won't have to salute me.
My point is a lot of things applying outside do not apply to the Army so if you are coming in due to employment or financial reasons, I won't advice you choose the Army.
I have true love for the job.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
ibrahrem9606:
hello there .....plx hu applied for 70rc

I don't think anyone here has. We are old men here. Check for the kids down street. The thread for 70RC is open just search.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

Bros !!! That their starched uniform de burst my head, I always fantasize of starching my Khaki with Solid bond glue and very sharp ghetto lines with well polished shoes chai!! nothing sweet pass that thing, though I also wanna join to taste action.
13 days in Benghazi, Black hawk down, Olympus has fallen is always wetting my appetite for violence, I can't wait to unleash the beast in me on bokoharam

guy chill! My cousin said more than this. He was deployed to 3Battalion Effurun. Evry night he keeps disturbing me dat he wants to fight Boko. He wants action, he join army to fight. I told him to chill. One day he almost fired his commander because he wanted to go to Borno. I tell u d guy was more beast than u. Two weeks after firing a shot at his oga's roof, his oga saw the gallantry spirit in him and redeployed him to 114 Battalion Maiduguri. Under 6months of staying in sambisa forest the guy ran back home and commited the worst offence by throwing away his riffle. Army values its riffle than its soldier. The guy ran to stay with my aunty in a very far place but after one year of running from sambisa, Army caught him. He spent 2yrs in guardroom with severe punishment. He was begging that he doesnt want to join again. He was court martial. If not for the people we know. His case was death sentence. But instead of death sentence they gave him sometin similiar to death sentence which was '(goin to war front without a weapon) the guy was buggle back to sambisa with no gun. Thank God he survived it. Four months ago he was given a gu. And last month he paid us visit at the barracks.. So guy chill. Army is not what u see in movies..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
@CptStepHer.

Me I am not understanding this talk of if you are joining because of money I pity you. My uncle now a Major built an edifice (mansion) in the village when he was a Captain he has abt 4 exotic cars and is living large, though he stays there only on Xmas. So me I don't understand when people say money no de. though money is not a Major factor for me .
I have noticed a trend in some officers and soldiers I've met they always complain about the army even my uncle (the Major) hv being in Borno for 4 straight years now he always complain that he will retire and leave the army, I just de look am with one eye (him never taste life outside employment).
The one that shocked me most is when we went for evangelism in 44barracks I talked abt my love for the army to one General on sick bay to my amazement he said youngman!! there are better things you can do with ur life rather than joining the army, thing weak me, fear catch me ooo, I just can't understand why he spoke like that.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

Me I am not understanding this talk of if you are joining because of money I pity you. My uncle now a Major built an edifice (mansion) in the village when he was a Captain he has abt 4 exotic cars. Even me self de wonder, So me I don't understand when people say money no de. though money is not a Major factor for me .
I have noticed a trend in some officers and soldiers I've met they always complain about the army even my uncle (the Major) hv being in Borno for 4 straight years now he always complain that he will retire and leave the army, I just de look am with on eye (him never taste life outside employment).
The one that shocked me most is when we went for evangelism in 44barracks I talked abt my love for the army to one General on sick bay to my amazement he said youngman go there are better things you can do with ur life rather than joining the army, thing weak me, fear catch me ooo, I just didn't understand why he spoke like that

he was able to build it because he went for United Nations peace keeping were he was paid in dollars ok.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

he was able to build it because he went for United Nations peace keeping were he was paid in dollars ok.
Nawa ooo, how you come take know ..No be better country him go peacekeeping oo. #Sudan
Thanks for the enlightenment brother.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
grin
GenAnsahCinC:

guy chill! My cousin said more than this. He was deployed to 3Battalion Effurun. Evry night he keeps disturbing me dat he wants to fight Boko. He wants action, he join army to fight. I told him to chill. One day he almost fired his commander because he wanted to go to Borno. I tell u d guy was more beast than u. Two weeks after firing a shot at his oga's roof, his oga saw the gallantry spirit in him and redeployed him to 114 Battalion Maiduguri. Under 6months of staying in sambisa forest the guy ran back home and commited the worst offence by throwing away his riffle. Army values its riffle than its soldier. The guy ran to stay with my aunty in a very far place but after one year of running from sambisa, Army caught him. He spent 2yrs in guardroom with severe punishment. He was begging that he doesnt want to join again. He was court martial. If not for the people we know. His case was death sentence. But instead of death sentence they gave him sometin similiar to death sentence which was '(goin to war front without a weapon) the guy was buggle back to sambisa with no gun. Thank God he survived it. Four months ago he was given a gu. And last month he paid us visit at the barracks.. So guy chill. Army is not what u see in movies..

grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
ugo4u:

Nawa ooo, how you come take know ..No be better country him go peacekeeping oo. #Sudan
Thanks for the enlightenment brother.

why I no go know? I fit tell u sometin dat is happening right now in the Military (Army) even a major no know.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
@GenAnsahCinC

please how do one get a copy of the HTACOS (Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service)
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Let me share a story of one of my relatives too, he disappeared from his unit in 2001 and suddenly appeared in 2010. We later heard he was drafted to intelligence and had to go undercover for all these years serving this nation.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Fadeyinmii:
CONSULTANTS WANTED!!!

WhatsApp/call

*THE STEP THAT CHANGED MY STORY*

Are you worried about your current financial status
Or you are thinking of quitting your current job?

You only hear and see people celebrate success and you don't know when its your turn.

If you think Network marketing is not worth it .. Please have a rethink

I will share below some few things I considered before joining my present company and why it's still wise to join today.

If I can't convince you to join my company but at lease give residual income a second thought and build a legacy for yourself and something for your children.

✔ Affordable Startup fee

✔Little or no risk

✔Quality everyday consumable products

✔Ability to WILL my business to someone in the future

✔50 years of standing strong ��

✔International Travel - up to 3 times yearly (All expense paid)

✔Great support and training

✔Residual income

✔Make money today

So it's your turn!
See collage of some of our daily consumables attached.
Let's help you get started
WhatsApp/Telegram 08063069038
Pls don't derail this thread, take ur bizness to the appropriate section. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by oyepera91: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
[quote author=GenAnsahCinC post=63951036]

all the best bro. DSSC can become Corps comander.
This is Nigeria anytin is possible. Rememer the present Chief of Air Staff is not a RC officer.
I know a regular that got retired at Lt.Col the man is presently a senator.
With God whether DSS, or SSC or RC, u will still get to the peak. [That's correct]
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 12:49am On Jan 07, 2018
ugo4u:

You'll be disappointed. Warfare is very complicated and not as interesting and colorful as you see in movies. Even soldiers in the warfront are not always assured of seeing combat, not to talk of those at the rear. You'll spend most of your time planning, fortifying your base and just staring at the horizon, wondering when BH will attack.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 12:55am On Jan 07, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

why I no go know? I fit tell u sometin dat is happening right now in the Military (Army) even a major no know.

Like...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 6:03am On Jan 07, 2018
GenAnsahCinC PLZ QUOTE ME WRONG ....AM IN UDUSOK 300LEVEL ......AND I WAS WAITING TO APPLY FOR SSC ......BUT I WAS TOO EAGER, AND I TAUGHT TO MYSELF SINCE I HAD AGE BY MY SIDE .....ITHINK IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME TO APPLY FOR 70RC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2018
ibrahrem9606:
GenAnsahCinC PLZ QUOTE ME WRONG ....AM IN UDUSOK 300LEVEL ......AND I WAS WAITING TO APPLY FOR SSC ......BUT I WAS TOO EAGER, AND I TAUGHT TO MYSELF SINCE I HAD AGE BY MY SIDE .....ITHINK IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME TO APPLY FOR 70RC

I believe it is cool. Very cool to do that.
Even if 70RC didn't click, you can still go ahead and finish up and apply for SSC by which time u would have have experience about the process.
Good luck man!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2018
ibrahrem9606:

if u are qualified. Pls apply.
40% of cadets in the Academy left universities to join. I know a guy who left his 500L at OAU to start 100L in NDA. He is currently a termer 3 cadet..

According to that my guy @CdtSanusi. He says most of Those that left University at any level to join NDA always outshine their mates in the Academy academically..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2018
Heatup47:
@GenAnsahCinC

please how do one get a copy of the HTACOS (Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service)

the ones I have is hard copy it's for RC and Recruit. The 2007 edition and the 2012 edition. Though the 2007 it's outdated.

In 2007 edition it says retirement of RC officers will be base on 35yrs in service while the 2012 says retirement of RC officers will be on Run Out Date (ROD). .. i.e. Age on rank. And the 2012 edition its for officers from 36RC. Becos 36RC were the first set of cadets to start a degree program at the Academy..

I will try and get the SSC (HTACOS) from my oga..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (963) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.