Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,655 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1354806 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (964) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shiwaggz57(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2018
Bakar1:
Gentle Men cadets

I think almost all questions that have been asked has one way or the other revolved around how the interview is going to be, but why can't you all move further to ask these gentle men officers these following questions on when enlisted what actually happens sometimes as to give you more morale of kill the one you have already.

@Sherrif232 and @mangojuice can you cracked officers help the intending cadets share your experiences at training which could be much but would be glad if you could treat these questions with the answers if not more for those enthusiasts wishing to know more than just the surface.

1. Most of the intending cadets would like to know how, when selected how is it inside as per SSC and DSSC like how would the cadets be welcomed..? Like would they start hunching from the gates and the likes how would they be given their battalions and their kits any grooming party and stuffs of that nature.

2. How is training like e.g first 3 months would it be bloody is it all about jobs and all, how do people buy job and how's it paid for, obstacle crossing going to visit various formations, what drills are taught and as from what month to what month e.g matching, weapons handling e.t.c Bush camping is it done how and where, are there classes what are being taught and all.

3. As some joined for the pay would you be as kind as giving them the range as for SSC being a lieutenant and DSSC being a 2nd Lieutenant their salary and perks are they given allowances how is the allowance paid and all what other packages and benefits are there when one joins as oppose some other jobs, as well as what they get when in camp e.g what they would be paid in camp and what they are entitled to. after camp would they be given a huge bucks like a sign on fee to be able to set up their house and get a ride and stuffs like that because some see it as a means to get out of unemployment others see it as a means to upgrade pay so that they would know what they are getting into.

4. The HTACOS can you please explain to them how it's run I.e how many years from one rank to another how many exams one needs to pass run out date on rank based on age and the likes so they know what they are facing so as not to be stagnant, as well as to calculate their ages and know their fits and their last laps and how promotions are done.

5. Are appointments given to cadets in camp just like the regulars that get appointments and what are those appointments and what do they mean and their duties and pros and cons as well.

6. Are SSC and DSSC cadets sent for courses abroad just like the regulars that the best in a field in the three arms are sent abroad to go complete his/her training is that also found there or after pipping is there any way they give best in anything where such is sent on courses abroad.

7. And accommodation after being commissioned how is it done like we all know there are barracks almost all over the country how is it done and given out duo almost everything is delapedated can one get his own accommodation outside and rent is there any support like allowance paid for those not staying in the barracks and all.

8. In terms of pass i.e going out not AWOL how many passes are given to both the SSC and DSSC and what does pass entails.

9. Hows the POP going to be preparations on terms of drills matching and how's the launch and dinner of POP going to be.

10. How are deployment letters given is it same day or when and how are you guys mobilized to go to your new unit were you guys given breaks before resuming work fully.

I don't mind gentle men officers writing epistle on each questions so as to get the intenders more grounded for what they are about to face information is power but when used as well as when harnessed from the right channel.

I think @lebete3000 can also share part of his experience he had in DSSC as well.

The army job is not a job for all, its a job well bought and well served.

Intending cadets stop assuming
You would suffer is that clear..?
What is clear..?

You all would be cracked to be born again is that clear...?

This is so we won't have deserters when they all come for training or saying had I known I wouldn't have left my civilian job, so as not to loose on both ends, as well as to give space to others who are willing, able and ready.

I think I would stop here for the intending cadets more can also be asked if they so wish.

CC Sherrif232, Mangojuice, Lebete3000

thumb up bro, well pointed out. Pls to the directed, help us answer the questions, we will really appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
ugo4u:

That's the spirit bro, since the begining of the week I have being having serious body pain due to Jogging, pressup grin(body is adjusting to the new regime).
No pain No gain..
Are you SSC?
haha yes o SSC....
Surely surely by his grace we shall get there

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
what de name of the app?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2018
johnmarcel:
what de name of the app?
Dafit, it works with its smart bracelet.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Bakar1:
Gentle Men cadets

I think almost all questions that have been asked has one way or the other revolved around how the interview is going to be, but why can't you all move further to ask these gentle men officers these following questions on when enlisted what actually happens sometimes as to give you more morale of kill the one you have already.

@Sherrif232 and @mangojuice can you cracked officers help the intending cadets share your experiences at training which could be much but would be glad if you could treat these questions with the answers if not more for those enthusiasts wishing to know more than just the surface.

1. Most of the intending cadets would like to know how, when selected how is it inside as per SSC and DSSC like how would the cadets be welcomed..? Like would they start hunching from the gates and the likes how would they be given their battalions and their kits any grooming party and stuffs of that nature.

2. How is training like e.g first 3 months would it be bloody is it all about jobs and all, how do people buy job and how's it paid for, obstacle crossing going to visit various formations, what drills are taught and as from what month to what month e.g matching, weapons handling e.t.c Bush camping is it done how and where, are there classes what are being taught and all.

3. As some joined for the pay would you be as kind as giving them the range as for SSC being a lieutenant and DSSC being a 2nd Lieutenant their salary and perks are they given allowances how is the allowance paid and all what other packages and benefits are there when one joins as oppose some other jobs, as well as what they get when in camp e.g what they would be paid in camp and what they are entitled to. after camp would they be given a huge bucks like a sign on fee to be able to set up their house and get a ride and stuffs like that because some see it as a means to get out of unemployment others see it as a means to upgrade pay so that they would know what they are getting into.

4. The HTACOS can you please explain to them how it's run I.e how many years from one rank to another how many exams one needs to pass run out date on rank based on age and the likes so they know what they are facing so as not to be stagnant, as well as to calculate their ages and know their fits and their last laps and how promotions are done.

5. Are appointments given to cadets in camp just like the regulars that get appointments and what are those appointments and what do they mean and their duties and pros and cons as well.

6. Are SSC and DSSC cadets sent for courses abroad just like the regulars that the best in a field in the three arms are sent abroad to go complete his/her training is that also found there or after pipping is there any way they give best in anything where such is sent on courses abroad.

7. And accommodation after being commissioned how is it done like we all know there are barracks almost all over the country how is it done and given out duo almost everything is delapedated can one get his own accommodation outside and rent is there any support like allowance paid for those not staying in the barracks and all.

8. In terms of pass i.e going out not AWOL how many passes are given to both the SSC and DSSC and what does pass entails.

9. Hows the POP going to be preparations on terms of drills matching and how's the launch and dinner of POP going to be.

10. How are deployment letters given is it same day or when and how are you guys mobilized to go to your new unit were you guys given breaks before resuming work fully.

I don't mind gentle men officers writing epistle on each questions so as to get the intenders more grounded for what they are about to face information is power but when used as well as when harnessed from the right channel.

I think @lebete3000 can also share part of his experience he had in DSSC as well.

What is clear..?

This is so we won't have deserters when they all come for training or saying had I known I wouldn't have left my civilian job, so as not to loose on both ends, as well as to give space to others who are willing, able and ready.

I think I would stop here for the intending cadets more can also be asked if they so wish.

1.if you are lucky to be selected,the day you started will be an unforgettable day until you die,it makes the beginning of another YOU,.....some cadets die on that day while some will faint and be rushed for medical treatment which atimes will lead to undellible injuries and withdrawal from the academy.......for ssc hopefuls you will regret your life.......am not scaring you but you feel like dashing but just remember that you are representing your LGA,family and state and when you dash no one takes your position therefore don't venture into something you cannot handle

2.If you can survive the first three months then you are good to go,bush camps are done regularly,i advice you learn very fast because as you are passing out you a becoming a commander with nothing less than 36 soldiers,they will all be looking up to you

3.As a cadet you are entitled to monthly allowance,when you passed you will be given some money which is your own compulsory savings as a cadet,SSC collects higher because they spent more months on training,once you pass out you will start earning as an officer,the exact salary shouldn't be your worry,just enter first,survive the training and see for yourself.....there are allowances if you are on operation are

4.For SSC you will write slot of exams along side regular officers,other terms and conditions you will see for your self when you join because it changes from time to time.

5.Yes,appointments are given in the battalion the same with regulars.The duties is liason between between fellow cadets and authorities,if you disrespect or fight them you will be shown the way out

6.Yes,once you are nominated you will go,alot are defense attaches now,its all about your Corp,performance on the job and deployability.

7.Accomodation is available but you will stay in single officers quarters single you are not married yet.

8.During training,you cannot go on individual pass but the authority can decide to give liberty pass on weekend's probably after the first three months but after such pass you will suffer and wished you didn't go out.

9.POP rehearsals are very tasking and rigorous

10.Deployment is done after POP by appropriate authorities,am very busy at the moment and may not have given details but i belief you can pick one or two things from above,gud luck

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by scave(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
Sheriff232:

1.if you are lucky to be selected,the day you started will be an unforgettable day until you die,it makes the beginning of another YOU,.....some cadets die on that day while some will faint and be rushed for medical treatment which atimes will lead to undellible injuries and withdrawal from the academy.......for ssc hopefuls you will regret your life.......am not scaring you but you feel like dashing but just remember that you are representing your LGA,family and state and when you dash no one takes your position therefore don't venture into something you cannot handle

2.If you can survive the first three months then you are good to go,bush camps are done regularly,i advice you learn very fast because as you are passing out you a becoming a commander with nothing less than 36 soldiers,they will all be looking up to you

3.As a cadet you are entitled to monthly allowance,when you passed you will be given some money which is your own compulsory savings as a cadet,SSC collects higher because they spent more months on training,once you pass out you will start earning as an officer,the exact salary shouldn't be your worry,just enter first,survive the training and see for yourself.....there are allowances if you are on operation are

4.For SSC you will write slot of exams along side regular officers,other terms and conditions you will see for your self when you join because it changes from time to time.

5.Yes,appointments are given in the battalion the same with regulars.The duties is liason between between fellow cadets and authorities,if you disrespect or fight them you will be shown the way out

6.Yes,once you are nominated you will go,alot are defense attaches now,its all about your Corp,performance on the job and deployability.

7.Accomodation is available but you will stay in single officers quarters single you are not married yet.

8.During training,you cannot go on individual pass but the authority can decide to give liberty pass on weekend's probably after the first three months but after such pass you will suffer and wished you didn't go out.

9.POP rehearsals are very tasking and rigorous

10.Deployment is done after POP by appropriate authorities,am very busy at the moment and may not have given details but i belief you can pick one or two things from above,gud luck

it was stated 2 minimum reference does it involve approval from parents and the one chairman of local government or military sign 4 u, or we will give two different military or chairman to sign.?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
scave:

it was stated 2 minimum reference does it involve approval from parents and the one chairman of local government or military sign 4 u, or we will give two different military or chairman to sign.?
1.Parents must attest
2.One from local government secretary
3.Or a military personnel of Lt Col rank and equivalent and above rank this one is more preferred,go with the two if possible,i submitted two during my own time
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
Sheriff232:
1.Parents must attest
3.Or a military personnel of Lt Col rank and equivalent and above rank this one is more preferred,go with the two if possible,i submitted two during my own time
Boss sir...
About number 3, the military personnel is said to be from one's state of origin.

Is it that the personnel should be an indigene of my state or any one in service at one of the barracks in my state?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Boss sir...
About number 3, the military personnel is said to be from one's state of origin.

Is it that the personnel should be an indigene of my state or any one in service at one of the barracks in my state?
State of origin,that's if you are from Lagos state,the officer should be from any of the LGA from Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
Bakar1:
Gentle Men cadets

What is clear..?

Just enjoy this for starters...

https://www.nairaland.com/3704814/bitter-sad-regretful-experience-dssc
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
lebete3000:

So that's why you left

You donmeanit?

And Boyz dey Hussle how to join ..

Chai....chinekeme

Well...

Everyone has a reason of wanting to join the army.

Everyone should not one thing.....once you join the army you have lost your freedom.....before you mess you must take permission.....before you marry you must take permission....before you yansh your wife ,you must take permission......

You become the property of the country.

Think wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
deris more to de uniform, no wonder soldiers behaves like beast, like i believe always if God should let me join he will surely give de strength to survive de trainings.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2018
lebete3000:

Chai! Oga your eye chee chumtin o
But i believe you just weren't destined to be an army officer though
Wish u well in your future endeavours
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Adeyemi09(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=lebete3000 post=72652079]

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by scave(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2018
Sheriff232:
1.Parents must attest

thanks bro, that local sec will hard me but I have a military personnel.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2018
Maleeq01:

Chai! Oga your eye chee chumtin o
But i believe you just weren't destined to be an army officer though
Wish u well in your future endeavours

Lol. That word "belief" is d commonest cause of confusion & misunderstanding in d world 2day. So u think everything that happens 2someone is destined or pre-ordained?

What a way of thinking

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
lebete3000:

Lol. That word "belief" is d commonest cause of confusion & misunderstanding in d world 2day. So u think everything that happens 2someone is destined or pre-ordained?

What a way of thinking
Young man, I read one of your comments few week's ago when you asserted that only persons without hope joins the army,ordinarily i wasn't prepared to react to it because i didn't know your experience but after going through your experience i must tell you the following

1.You did not understand the meaning of armed forces,probably you were moved by army officers appearance on uniform and you think they just waked up from their fathers house and became officers,army job is not for Lilly livered beings who are afraid of losing their lives.... You practically showed that you value your life to the extent that you cannot pay the supreme price if the need arises though we are not praying for it

2.You went to training with the mindset of 'I am a professional they will pamper me and beg me to be an officer'but the army surprised you

3.You demonstrated that you cannot take to orders despite your conditions,those soldiers were just expecting you to show the strong heart required of a military commander.

4.Had it been you came to NDA maybe you might not be lucky to leave with your life........ Almost all of us have indellible marks and injuries,some even advanced several kilometres with cluctches,there was one particular course mate that was advancing one day and the chief instructor had mercy for him and ordered he be carried with ambulance.....that's the spirit they want to see which you never exhibited and here you are telling instructors that you are going for operation......who gave you mouth and who told you that you must have something to say.

5.Any day you see your course mates you must remember that you tried but couldn't make it,that's the spirit in the army,no matter how successful you latter became,you will still be remembering that your course mates are already Colonels or Brig Gen,i wish you well though.

Finally,look for a civilian job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 11:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
Sheriff232:
Young man, read one,of your comments few week's ago when you asserted that only persons without hope joins the army,ordinarily i wasn't prepared to react to it because i didn't know your experience but after going through your experience i must tell you the followin

1.You did not understand the meaning of armed forces,probably you were moved by army officers appearance on uniform and you think they just waked up from their fathers house and became officers,army job is not for Lilly livered beings who are afraid of losing their lives.... You practically showed that you value your life to the extent that you can pay the supreme price if the need arises though we are not praying for it

2.You went to thinking with the mindset of 'I am a professional they will pamper me and beg me to be an officer'but the army surprised you

3.You demonstrated that you cannot take to orders despite your conditions,those soldiers were just expecting you to show the strong heart required required of a military commander.

4.Had it been you came to NDA maybe you might not be lucky to leave with your life........ Almost all of us have indellible marks and injuries,some even advanced several kilometres with cluctches,there was one particular course that was advancing one day and they chief instructor had mercy for him and ordered he be carried with ambulance.....that's the spirit they want to see which you never exhibited and here you are telling instructors that you are going for operation......who gave you mouth and who told you that you must have something to say.

5.Any day you see your course mates you must remember that you tried but couldn't make it,that's the spirit in the army,no matter how successful you latter became,you will still be remembering that your course mates are already Colonels or Brig Gen,i wish you well though.

Finally,look for a civilian job.

Old man, if you passed 2ru a tenth of what I did, you won't have the ability to write all d trash you put up there. All d discerning ppl saw what was going on but you prefer to see what you want to see. You're entitled to that nevertheless. Comedians like you will run in d face of real battle but come here to scare non-discerning civilians here to massage ur ego. I'm a different man zombie, I make d Military, the Military doesn't make me!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 04, 2018
Here we go again

Let's see who wins.....lol
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2018
to me de guy didnt make good enquiry b4 joining, he go what he deserved,lesson to all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

Old man, if you passed 2ru a tenth of what I did, you won't have the ability to write all d trash you put up there. All d discerning ppl saw what was going on but you prefer to see what you want to see. You're entitled to that nevertheless. Comedians like you will run in d face of real battle but come here to scare non-discerning civilians here to massage ur ego. I'm a different man zombie, I make d Military, the Military doesn't make me!
I chose to ignore this but despite all you have passed you are still showing emotions which still is not allowed....that you did not make it doesn't mean army job lesser of what it is,some of your course mates are in my unit and they are doing well,infact the one that is Doctor is enjoying the job ,army still remains the backbone of security in Nigeria......even training in civilized countries are also rigorous

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2018
erimakosamuel:

So that's why you left

You donmeanit?

And Boyz dey Hussle how to join ..

Chai....chinekeme

Well...

Everyone has a reason of wanting to join the army.

Everyone should not one thing.....once you join the army you have lost your freedom.....before you mess you must take permission.....before you marry you must take permission....before you yansh your wife ,you must take permission......

You become the property of the country.

Think wisely.

I read what the man passed through and it really revealed alot. Now wondering how come nobody is talking about the lackadaisical attitude of the nurses involved ? How on earth would you give someone drugs without prescription haba?
That's really unprofessional! I am sure if the said person is either their brother or sister they wouldn't have done the same.

This is not injury inflicted during training, accident for that matter , what if he had internal bleeding ? He would have died and they would term it " he's medically unfit..
I bet some people commenting about this don't know what pain is . If you had you'll understand what he felt.

Even though I don't support some attitude he exhibited but I know it's due to frustration. I wish him success in his future endeavours..

And I saw an officer talking about rigorous excersise in civilised country , that's true but if this scenario occured in civilised country , you and I know it would be managed way better.

So , what happens to sustaining injury in battlefield ? prolly such situation would be managed as this.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2018
johnmarcel:
to me de guy didnt make good enquiry b4 joining, he go what he deserved,lesson to all.

I pray you'd make the list and since you've made enquiry before joining, such scenario would be your fate and let's see how you'd react and manage it.. we'd be waiting to term it " you got what you deserve".
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2018
Sheriff232:
I chose to ignore this but despite all you have passed you are still showing emotions which still is not allowed....that you did not make it doesn't mean army job lesser of what it is,some of your course mates are in my unit and they are doing well,infact the one that is Doctor is enjoying the job ,army still remains the backbone of security in Nigeria......even training in civilized countries are also rigorous

Pls do ignore that guy sir. Please.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2018
Integrator1:

I pray you'd make the list and since you've made enquiry before joining, such scenario would be your fate and let's see how you'd react and manage it.. we'd be waiting to term it " you got what you deserve".
i dint pray for such scenario to happen to him and stop wishing me bad, is that clear
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bakar1: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2018
Bakar1:
Gentle Men cadets

What is clear..?

There's no need for bashing and showing emotions towards anyone here, just air your views about the job and let it slide, that was why I asked those questions and needed indepth answers to them so that no one would feel he or she has not been treated right, well I liked your answers Officer Sherrif232 you malingered around it and gave an out of the box answers for non-military minds alike, duo partially the intending cadets might have been grounded in a thing or two but you could still do more for them,
lebete3000 I quite enjoyed the epistle at the thread but if you could answer those questions I raised it would save another person, who might be having the mindset of how training is supposed to be if you could be as generous to answer the questions I raised you could be saving some people of the stress.

N.B The military is not a place where you assume, you would have to follow orders, even from someone you might have a higher level of knowledge or educational status at training, so if you not used to that kind of life and maybe ego centric or have other means of lively hood just maybe you stick to it.

But how would you guys know what training and what other things entails if you are not feed with information prior to when you are selected, for if some cadets going AWOL were well grounded with what they were going to face they would just have left that space for people who are willing to commit to the service of their country no matter what the training or situation entails.

It's all about endurance and your goals you would see people who are smaller than you taking shit, you would see people older than you taking shit, just be patient as its not a forever thing set your sights on your goals be it

1. You so value that uniform.
2. You want to command a unit.
3. You need to put food on your table and take care of your parents.
4. You want to be fulfilled.
5. You feel that's your destiny.

I could go on and on but the bedrock still remains that most are still anxious, but as to what, because they don't know what training brings that's why it's good to share experiences so that you would be helping others to know what they might be signing for in the forms they have and are yet to sign when they go for training.

Both your bitter and sweet experience are needed to feed these anxious cadets to how things are and what to expect to a level.

"There's beauty in pain and it's a sin to be relaxed".

I enjoyed the way odimbannamdi narrated his experience it's worthy to emulate and it covered almost everything he did during his interview with good insights to his pains and gain good one I must commend.

Not only those officers can share their take on training other officers on this platform too can contribute, there's what they call continuity if you follow that of the navy you see their officers helping out even to the tune of going to greet cadets at training and maybe encourage them such are tenderlaw, pijay but in here once you make it and you into the system you forget that you once had questions too like these lads and was once anxious, well applicants that's life, live it love it.

If am to give an advice if you afraid to die just forget about the Armed Forces, right from training till your deployment, you are putting your life to save that of your child, wife, parents, brothers, sisters, those you know and you don't know you pay the ultimate price to see people happy your joy is to see people laugh.
But who told you you can't die as a civilian how many civilians die everyday one thing is so certain in life we live to die, that's just it take a look around, you must have heard nothing happened to him he slept and died he was sick and he died.

We all would die but the question is we should all die for a course we are happy for be it as a civilian or a military.

That's just my two cent duo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2018
Bakar1:

There's no need for bashing and showing emotions towards anyone here, just air your views about the job and let it slide, that was why I asked those questions and needed indepth answers to them so that no one would feel he or she has not been treated right, well I liked your answers Officer Sherrif232 you malingered around it and gave an out of the box answers for non-military minds alike, duo partially the intending cadets might have been grounded in a thing or two but you could still do more for them,
lebete3000 I quite enjoyed the epistle at the thread but if you could answer those questions I raised it would save another person, who might be having the mindset of how training is supposed to be if you could be as generous to answer the questions I raised you could be saving some people of the stress.

N.B The military is not a place where you assume, you would have to follow orders, even from someone you might have a higher level of knowledge or educational status at training, so if you not used to that kind of life and maybe ego centric or have other means of lively hood just maybe you stick to it.

But how would you guys know what training and what other things entails if you are not feed with information prior to when you are selected, for if some cadets going AWOL were well grounded with what they were going to face they would just have left that space for people who are willing to commit to the service of their country no matter what the training or situation entails.

It's all about endurance and your goals you would see people who are smaller than you taking shit, you would see people older than you taking shit, just be patient as its not a forever thing set your sights on your goals be it

1. You so value that uniform.
2. You want to command a unit.
3. You need to put food on your table and take care of your parents.
4. You want to be fulfilled.
5. You feel that's your destiny.

I could go on and on but the bedrock still remains that most are still anxious, but as to what, because they don't know what training brings that's why it's good to share experiences so that you would be helping others to know what they might be signing for in the forms they have and are yet to sign when they go for training.

Both your bitter and sweet experience are needed to feed these anxious cadets to how things are and what to expect to a level.

"There's beauty in pain and it's a sin to be relaxed".

I enjoyed the way odimbannamdi narrated his experience it's worthy to emulate and it covered almost everything he did during his interview with good insights to his pains and gain good one I must commend.

Not only those officers can share their take on training other officers on this platform too can contribute, there's what they call continuity if you follow that of the navy you see their officers helping out even to the tune of going to greet cadets at training and maybe encourage them such are tenderlaw, pijay but in here once you make it and you into the system you forget that you once had questions too like these lads and was once anxious, well applicants that's life, live it love it.

If am to give an advice if you afraid to die just forget about the Armed Forces, right from training till your deployment, you are putting your life to save that of your child, wife, parents, brothers, sisters, those you know and you don't know you pay the ultimate price to see people happy your joy is to see people laugh.
But who told you you can't die as a civilian how many civilians die everyday one thing is so certain in life we live to die, that's just it take a look around, you must have heard nothing happened to him he slept and died he was sick and he died.

We all would die but the question is we should all die for a course we are happy for be it as a civilian or a military.

That's just my two cent duo.

Your answers are still those of a person that's desperate to do anything to enter the system. Your type are the ones that'll brutalise civilians eventually whether they claim they would or not. That's why I told them to let me go jejely initially b4 my injury after just 20days of assessing them and seeing their sick way of thinking. They refused & tried to change me to their ways & got frustrated when they couldn't. I'm a man of strict principles, I don't bend for hypocrisy, wickedness & pride. I don't expect you to grasp my epistle, but I now have a full grasp why d country is d way it is now. The youths' psyche has been systematically bastardised it can't even separate right from wrong. Countries with stronger yet saner Military are begging their citizens to join them, yet them no gree but Naija with a weak, ill-trained, corrupt & oppressively tyrannical army is using you to do shakara & that's what some are dying to join.

Just because you can't put 2 & 2 together doesn't mean others can't. As I said enjoy your army bro. I trained with passion, I sweated salt, I gladly lost all my belly fat, my company(Charlie) missed my inspiration while I was away in d hospital & started carrying last. I regave myself to the institution after planning to jettison it & was ready to be posted to Borno when I took the Cadet's oath. I was ready to die for the Army ONLY if the Army was ready to die for me! Anything else is sufferhead mentality to me! And then I had an issue with someone and they started saying I wanted to leave afterall, that's why I got angry. Totally unrelated news & began using that to malign my image. Abeg make dem go siddon for shit jarey. Institution filled with bunch of bimbos wielding rifles.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

What a way of thinking

Yes i believe in fate and destiny. You meandered a wrong path, the earlier you come to terms with that the better.
PS: Maturity is accepting the fact that everbody has an opinion, be it pleasant to you or not.
Peace
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2018
Maleeq01:

Yes i believe in fate and destiny. You meandered a wrong path, the earlier you come to terms with that the better.
PS: Maturity is accepting the fact that everbody has an opinion, be it pleasant to you or not.
Peace

So you "believe" you're mature with this type of psychiatric mindset about fate? I've never seen this type of Religious Delusion b4 in my life. No wonder Naija is d way it is, a lot of crazy peeps out here man!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

So you "believe" you're mature with this type of psychiatric mindset about fate? I've never seen this type of Religious Delusion b4 in my life. No wonder Naija is d way it is, a lot of crazy peeps out here man!
Look my brother, fate has nothing to do with religion. I can see the ordeal in jaji has really affected you. I pray you find peace my brother.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Maleeq01(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
lebete3000:

Whether they're related or not, you're the affected & deluded one here if you believe in its existence. No need wishing you peace as it seems you've already found it, by being entirely irresponsible for your destiny & resigning to fate.

Maleeq01 as d name sounds, the headslammers association. I should have known better than to argue with you. No wonder you were wishing me "peace" since morning. Religion of piss & shìt. Goan detonate off somewhere abeg, na una destiny afterall.
Lol....did u just assume my religion based on my moniker? Wow, now i know the root of your problems

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (964) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.