Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1358408 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Funny, ACA Don easy now, some people now have Jenifer and sade as skools and Artyman.
Malice and injustice awaits you all.

Godfather, how was it in your time? We are eager to hear your escapades as well. It will help as we embark on this precarious journey.

Compliments, sir!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
odimbannamdi:

This baba, English is your problem ba?

The problem is most people, like Lebete, did not know what to expect. And when they get into training and the reality hits them, they complain and consider dashing.

That's why when you go for screening, especially for SSC, the officers themselves will keep emphasizing that:

"You will suffer like a market thief, is that clear!?"
"You will nearly die, but you will not die, is that clear!?"
"When you come for screening, you grind your butt, but when you come for training, you grind your skull, is that clear!?"
"You will curse the day you were born, is that clear!?"

Because of these constant reminders, some candidates dropped their tags on their bed and ran away in the middle of the night. Infact, one candidate from Enugu state or so dropped a note that was read out to us. He said he was going back to his civilian life, that he never thought this was how it was going to be.

So everybody who comes for screening with the intention of making the final list knows exactly what to expect. And when you know what to expect, it will be easier for you to prepare your mind to accept what you see in training and on the job.

But they will also tell u, If na beating and serving of jobs, that one na smoke. Cadets before and after you served and will serve the job, so you will not die. Sha no form strong man before them give you mortal injury. If your power fail you, baba just faint make dem carry you go MRS. But never show emotions

I am personally not taking the army ambition as a do or die affair. If it clicks, fine. If not, fine too. This is a job that has to align perfectly with your destiny. If it doesnt, one could have issues. While I wait for the Army, i have set other plans in motion already. Last last, all of us go dey alright, in or outside the Army.

#WaitingForFirstList

How many list dey commot.

And in what order do dey flow.

Expantiate pls
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dominicnuel1: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
odimbannamdi:

The problem is most people, like Lebete, did not know what to expect. And when they get into training and the reality hits them, they complain and consider dashing.

That's why when you go for screening, especially for SSC, the officers themselves will keep emphasizing that:

"When you come for screening, you grind your butt, but when you come for training, you grind your skull, is that clear!?"

Because of these constant reminders, some candidates dropped their tags on their bed and ran away in the middle of the night. Infact, one candidate from Enugu state or so dropped a note that was read out to us. He said he was going back to his civilian life, that he never thought this was how it was going to be.

So everybody who comes for screening with the intention of making the final list knows exactly what to expect. And when you know what to expect, it will be easier for you to prepare your mind to accept what you see in training and on the job.

But they will also tell u, If na beating and serving of jobs, that one na smoke. Cadets before and after you served and will serve the job, so you will not die. Sha no form strong man before them give you mortal injury. If your power fail you, baba just faint make dem carry you go MRS. But never show emotions

I am personally not taking the army ambition as a do or die affair. If it clicks, fine. If not, fine too. This is a job that has to align perfectly with your destiny. If it doesnt, one could have issues. While I wait for the Army, i have set other plans in motion already. Last last, all of us go dey alright, in or outside the Army.

#WaitingForFirstList
Guy u talk many better tins bt I want ask some question
1. If u dey serve job n u tire u fit rest?
2. D emotions wen u talk na strong man tins or crying tins?
3. Must everybody serve job?

Cc. sheriff n others wen don experience d stuff
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by CaptainStephen(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Godfather, how was it in your time? We are eager to hear your escapades as well. It will help as we embark on this precarious journey.

Compliments, sir!
Bitter and sweet moments it was for me, first camp initial almost made reconsider going back to continue been a medical student but circumstances which brought me to NDA challenged me to stay.
From clownship days in Termer 1 to 5, course, counter terrorism, Airborne etc all had their own challenges especially under Major Gen Emeka as commandant.
I got my baptism of fire having been sent straight to the Niger delta 3 months after commissioning, it's six years now since commissioning, some of our brothers are no more and everyday comes with its own challenges.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Who is this one again?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
9 days to go.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2018
odimbannamdi:

#WaitingForFirstList

Again with the "it has always been done" logic.

The only question should be "is it right"? or "Is it effective"?

The answer to both is No. Then what is the justification for continuing it other than sadism.

Personally, if by God's grace my turn arrives, I will endure--suffering is better than poverty-- but when I get the tags I won't do to others what I hated when it was done to me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 3:55am On Nov 21, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Bitter and sweet moments it was for me, first camp initial almost made reconsider going back to continue been a medical student but circumstances which brought me to NDA challenged me to stay.
From clownship days in Termer 1 to 5, course, counter terrorism, Airborne etc all had their own challenges especially under Major Gen Emeka as commandant.
I got my baptism of fire having been sent straight to the Niger delta 3 months after commissioning, it's six years now since commissioning, some of our brothers are no more and everyday comes with its own challenges.

Sir, if you don't mind my asking, could you please describe the feeling of air-diving?

Other than patriotism and the money, that particular adventure is the one thing attracting me to army life.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:59am On Nov 21, 2018
OFRNGR:

Sir, if you don't mind my asking, could you please describe the feeling of air-diving?

Other than patriotism and the money, that particular adventure is the one thing attracting me to army life.
Smiles @ the bolded, i'll advise you drop that notion. Money no de Army work, it is purely a service. Though you will be comfortable, but don't expect to hit it big like those in other sectors unless you are posted to juicy departments of the Army or maybe go for peacekeeping or you one de run one or two backyard runs which might backfire at the end. But as e be now and with the situation of things my brother upon commissioning na street things oo(North east) the peace keeping mission and other international waka when guys for army they take double hussle don de very scarce and limited, to get any better thing na God and man know man levels. One officer told me that you could be posted to a place where for like 2years you will only be receiving ur basic pay, don't know how true it is though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sirku: 7:38am On Nov 21, 2018
We need whatapps group
OFRNGR:

Again with the "it has always been done" logic.

The only question should be "is it right"? or "Is it effective"?

The answer to both is No. Then what is the justification for continuing it other than sadism.

Personally, if by God's grace my turn arrives, I will endure--suffering is better than poverty-- but when I get the tags I won't do to others what I hated when it was done to me.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2018
I will always say this, if thousands of people have gone through the process. My brother and sister nothing can stop you too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2018
sirku:
We need whatapps group

You go soon dey alright
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2018
For the race.

In the army they do the gate of heaven style. Once the time is up, they lock the gate. All those outside after that will just pick their bags and go home from there. Only those inside will continue the rest of the screening.

Does this apply to both SSC and DSSC......or only SSC?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by CaptainStephen(m): 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
OFRNGR:

bro, that one is another level oooo , a little challenging at first but subsequent jumps becomes fun.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dominicnuel1: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
erimakosamuel:
In the army they do the gate of heaven style. Once the time is up, they lock the gate. All those outside after that will just pick their bags and go home from there. Only those inside will continue the rest of the screening.

make person try answer dis one oh
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hausadreturn(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
Over 40 people killed in Borno State, including a commanding officer.
#BBC#

Nigeria says about 53 soldiers were killed.

I guess no one wants to talk about it so as not to get us discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Please those who recently applied for DSSC, how many forms did you print mine is only two which are
1. Declaration by parents/ guardian of candidate
2. Attestation of local government of origin.

there was no referee form.
have they removed the referee form cause it's not on my dashboard.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MorningStar233: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Them don shake you from Navy thread ohhh, guy ,go rest just dey prepare for anything
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
MorningStar233:

Them don shake you from Navy thread ohhh, guy ,go rest just dey prepare for anything

No be so.
You know say Navy na only DSSC.
And army na both DSSC and SSC,and they handle them differently.

If Navy must complete the race,and the story I've been hearing is of heavens gate as I saw in Navy thread again.....I just need to be sure,which way it is....both or only SSC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MorningStar233: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
erimakosamuel:

No be so.

If Navy must complete the race,and the story I've been hearing is of heavens gate as I saw in Navy thread again.....I just need to be sure,which way it is....both or only SSC.

Okay, in all we hope for the best
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
MorningStar233:

Okay, in all we hope for the best

Hmm.....

Naso my brother....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 12:58am On Nov 22, 2018
ugo4u:

Smiles @ the bolded, i'll advise you drop that notion. Money no de Army work, it is purely a service. Though you will be comfortable, but don't expect to hit it big like those in other sectors unless you are posted to juicy departments of the Army or maybe go for peacekeeping or you one de run one or two backyard runs which might backfire at the end. But as e be now and with the situation of things my brother upon commissioning na street things oo(North east) the peace keeping mission and other international waka when guys for army they take double hussle don de very scarce and limited, to get any better thing na God and man know man levels. One officer told me that you could be posted to a place where for like 2years you will only be receiving ur basic pay, don't know how true it is though.

A First Lieutenant's salary is still 1m+ and army doesn't owe salary, army gives your accommodation and feeds you most of the time. With my current lifestyle, I should still be able to save 700-800k at the end of the year. More money than I have seen in my short life so far.

I'm not greedy for billions, I just want be comfortable and not let my Mama be too dependent on government pension.

Nah God hand we dey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 1:02am On Nov 22, 2018
erimakosamuel:

No be so.

Just train to be first. Your enthusiasm will not go to waste.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 1:18am On Nov 22, 2018
hausadreturn:
Over 40 people killed in Borno State, including a commanding officer.
#BBC#

Nigeria says about 53 soldiers were killed.

I guess no one wants to talk about it so as not to get us discouraged.

Think of it like this:

1. Anyone can die at any time, they died in the most glorious way possible--in the service and defence of others.

2. You're stepping into their shoes now. Respect their sacrifice but realise that ultimately if those shoes weren't vacated, they would not be available for you. War makes Generals after all.

3. It is good for your enemy to have reputation and not be seen as weak. That leaves all the more glory for you to earn by beating them. For Alexander to be famous, the Persians had to kill thousands.

4. The army is a hierarchy. Until you get to the top--and maybe not even then, your lives will always be in the hands of others. Would you not rather be surrounded by the skilled and the lucky? Well those who survive war duties are skilled and lucky. In a way, by dying, they make it easier for you to survive.

5. Finally, this is Nigeria, more so than in the safer parts of the world, you can easily be killed by those who are stronger...Join the army and it will equip you to be more than able of taking some of them with you and with the help of your comrades and your combined luck and skills, maybe even killing all the bastards. Chin up, we're all walking towards death anyways, better to dance with it in battle than to have it take you on your bed.

When you're young, a bed should be for only two things.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by godfrey01(m): 2:29am On Nov 22, 2018
Heatup47:
Please those who recently applied for DSSC, how many forms did you print mine is only two which are
1. Declaration by parents/ guardian of candidate
2. Attestation of local government of origin.

there was no referee form.
have they removed the referee form cause it's not on my dashboard.

its four if I am not mistaken.. there is also local gove

there is also a reference form.. about for forms.. I applied. please when is the exam.. will it stilll be this year or next year...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hausadreturn(m): 2:55am On Nov 22, 2018
OFRNGR:

Think of it like this:

1. Anyone can die at any time, they died in the most glorious way possible--in the service and defence of others.

2. You're stepping into their shoes now. Respect their sacrifice but realise that ultimately if those shoes weren't vacated, they would not be available for you. War makes Generals after all.

3. It is good for your enemy to have reputation and not be seen as weak. That leaves all the more glory for you to earn by beating them. For Alexander to be famous, the Persians had to kill thousands.

4. The army is a hierarchy. Until you get to the top--and maybe not even then, your lives will always be in the hands of others. Would you not rather be surrounded by the skilled and the lucky? Well those who survive war duties are skilled and lucky. In a way, by dying, they make it easier for you to survive.

5. Finally, this is Nigeria, more so than in the safer parts of the world, you can easily be killed by those who are stronger...Join the army and it will equip you to be more than able of taking some of them with you and with the help of your comrades and your combined luck and skills, maybe even killing all the bastards. Chin up, we're all walking towards death anyways, better to dance with it in battle than to have it take you on your bed.

When you're young, a bed should be for only two things.

Mmmmh, interesting.
I like this.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MorningStar233: 3:58am On Nov 22, 2018
OFRNGR:

A First Lieutenant's salary is still 1m+ and army doesn't owe salary, army gives your accommodation and feeds you most of the time. With my current lifestyle, I should still be able to save 700-800k at the end of the year. More money than I have seen in my short life so far.

I'm not greedy for billions, I just want be comfortable and not let my Mama be too dependent on government pension.

Nah God hand we dey.

1m+? For which country??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jaypher(m): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2018
Good morning, fam. I've been following this thread for a while now. Thank you all for your inputs; they've been tremendously helpful.
I'd like to know if the forms must be printed in coloured copies or will B&W suffice? An immediate response will be most helpful. Thank you so much
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2018
Jaypher:
Good morning, fam. I've been following this thread for a while now. Thank you all for your inputs; they've been tremendously helpful.
I'd like to know if the forms must be printed in coloured copies or will B&W suffice? An immediate response will be most helpful. Thank you so much
No one cares about ur colored paper or black and white. Many will print coloured and will not even make the first list so don't waste ur money

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 7:53am On Nov 22, 2018
MorningStar233:

1m+? For which country??
Kenya
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Hmm.....

Naso my brother....
na babe no b guy

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.