Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1341198 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2018
johnmarcel:
bro i respect ya courage but that video na die, i believe de army training will a make a "chicken" thick God bless the army

Abeg link to the video
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Boyka007(m): 12:14am On Nov 24, 2018
MrSuama:

Abeg link to the video
I watched some on twitter. If u use twitter just hash tag Boko Haram u will find them
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Larry456: 12:41am On Nov 24, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

No one knows. But it seems it would be very soon. Say December. Considering how fast the Airforce and Navy are conducting theirs. But don't be too expectant. Like I said no one knows
Thanks Bro.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Boyka007(m): 12:50am On Nov 24, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Seems they would all do it next month.....

So that the opportunity would be evenly distributed and they may wanna try to conclude everything before election.

My thoughts tho
Alright man
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 2:29am On Nov 24, 2018
ugo4u:
Brothers I just watched the video of the attack by Bokoharam on Matele, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a disaster for the army, kai!!! The video was too gross I can’t really imagine what went wrong but I think a poor base situational awareness and inadequate weapons will be a major suspect.
After watching the video ba especially when one soldier was rounded up and given a headshot, yet he was still struggling to hold his rifle but those bastards rained bullets on him. After seeing the video instantly I felt a strange feeling in me, My heart was filled with unadulterated hate. If there is anytime to join the army, for me this is it. I am not saying that I am a commando oo or I will come and change the tides, but I believe this is the time to show patriotism to one’s country, for there is no greater honor than picking up arms and fighting for one’s country.
Rip Lt Col Sakaba(Commanding Officer) his younger brother and the brave men of Matele, May God give their families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

Later some ignorant people will say Nigeria lacks patriots!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 3:01am On Nov 24, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHsI80f5u5U

I think this is it.

If the sight of those bastards killing our soldiers to Indian film soundtracks doesn't rile you, please stay at home.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:56am On Nov 24, 2018
Honestly speaking I think it is high time Nigerian Army change its style of training for both men and officers, emphasis should be laid more of tactics, weapons handling and leadership. The era of rolling in the mud, planting the skull etc without quality time being spent on marksmanship and tactics is gone. I am not saying they should scrap physical punishments oo because physical strenght and conditioning for difficult situation just like how the spartans of old trained is also important but we should shift focus, both in NDA and Depot, the guys going in should devout most of their training to Fieldcrafts, even drills should be limited because the truth is that we are at war with both local and foreign hardline terrorists, we oughgt to be at our very best. A situation where recruits/officer cadets are just being beating and punished and are seldom taking for bush camps etc is wrong, cadets in any modern military hardly die due to non-tarining related issues, if any cadet must die it should be as a result of combat training not punishments. Modern warfare is all about tactics, using concepts, methods, and military technology that is why army full of skinnies can defeat one filled with macho men etal. We can better still contract the US/Israeli defense force to take over training/administration of both NDA and Depot in the immediate till the situation improves.
PS: Someone whose brother died in Matele said that first badge of voluntary resignation in the army is out and it is at its all time high.
C-in-C should do something, we can't keep loosing men at this rate and manner. I don't know how mumsy got the wind of the attack on the military, she called me in the middle of the night, and said I should not join the army again that she won't even sign the my form. Me just keep quiet they answer yes ma!!! yes ma!! so that the 2 hours sermon go finish sharply, I don make up my mind, her signature na wetin primary 3 pikin go even forge sef sometimes when I am alone I can't help but feel for her,(Unless army no shortlist me, no going back) but the good thing is she've got 2 other able-bodied male children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Daewoods(m): 4:10am On Nov 24, 2018
ugo4u:
Honestly speaking I think it is high time Nigerian Army change its style of training for both men and officers, emphasis should be laid more of tactics, weapons handling and leadership. The era of rolling in the mud, planting the skull etc without quality time being spent on marksmanship and tactics is gone. I am not saying they should scrap physical punishments oo because physical strenght and conditioning for difficult situation just like how the spartans of old trained is also important but we should shift focus, both in NDA and Depot, the guys going in should devout most of their training to Fieldcrafts, even drills should be limited because the truth is that we are at war with both local and foreign hardline terrorists, we oughgt to be at our very best. A situation where recruits/officer cadets are just being beating and punished and are seldomly taking for bush camps etc is wrong, cadets in any modern military hardly die because of lack of care, non chalant attitude to their welfare, if any cadet must die it should be as a result of combat training not punishments. Modern warfare is all about tactics, using the concepts, methods, and military technology that is why army full of skinnies can defeat one filled with macho men etal. We can better still contract the US/Israeli defense force to take over training/administration of both NDA and Depot in the immediate till the situation improves.
PS: Someone whose brother died in Matele said that first badge of voluntary resignation in the army is out and it is at its all time high.
C-in-C should do something, we can't keep loosing men at this rate and manner. I don't know how mumsy got the wind of the attack on the miliatary, she called me in the middle of the night, and said I should not join the army again that she won't even sign the my form. Me just keep quiet they answer yes ma!!! yes ma!! so that the 2 hours sermon go finish sharply,(Unless army don't shortlist me) I don make up my mind, her signature na wetin primary 3 pikin go even forge sef sometimes when I am alone I can't help but feel for her, but the good thing is she've got 2 other able-bodied male children.
I commented something similar 2 or 3 pages back but some fools that think life begins and ends on NL or with NA quoting me saying rubbish up and down, maybe na them strong pass or dedicated pass,, truth is I have applied 3 times to join the army but I'm having serious doubts about my current application if even I'm shortlisted, and not because of fear or whatever but the rubbish going on in Nigeria, There's difference serving ur country and been murdered for ur country, the truth is that cadets and soldiers are been murdered and that's just the truth nothing more

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Daewoods(m): 4:13am On Nov 24, 2018
Daewoods:
I hardly comment on NL or this thread in particular even tho this is my 3rd time applying, having watch all videos recently posted I think those stuff cadets punishing/drilling junior cadets hv been banned, whether so or not it's a shameful act and all involved in it are shameless truth be told. these things and the stuff lebete3000 described all hv no place in a modern military and that's the truth.
Nigeria is a shithole and good for nothing country tho and I guess that's why it happens and continues to, despite my admiration and zeal for the military, I have my doubts joining the Nigerian army or military because things done in it are far from ok, modern or whatever.
me and you guys joining should strive to be different and make a difference in any little way we can. Fact; Nigerian military can't face any modern military despite all rubbish being done and prided in at NDA and wherever else too, even to join the third class military is a thing of nepotism, man know man, I sincerely regret being a Nigerian mostly.
Nigeria is just a zoo and an unfortunate country to truly be born in
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:18am On Nov 24, 2018
It will be a miracle if the Service Chiefs retain their jobs..

See para, morale of troops are at an all time low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLIaKPe5fY
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Daewoods(m): 4:22am On Nov 24, 2018
they definitely will #nepotism #man know man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by OFRNGR: 4:41am On Nov 24, 2018
“We saw some people dressed in full military uniform who came into our camp, but we thought they were friendly forces.

“They went straight to the office of our commander and shortly after, there were gunshots in the office.

“We became confused, waiting for orders but it was too late. Boko Haram had already surrendered us."

http://thenationonlineng.net/attackers-disguised-friendly-soldiers/

If this is true, then them Bleep up, big time.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 6:18am On Nov 24, 2018
ugo4u:
It will be a miracle if the Service Chiefs retain their jobs..

See para, morale of troops are at an all time low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLIaKPe5fY
playing politics with human lifes
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by pooozeee(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2018
Is any one still applying to join the military ? If you say yes then you are a fool because this country is not whort dieing for. As soon as you pass out they are taking you to BHT. Be warned

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by collinshrf: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2018
Someone here called someone else a CHICKEN because the person showed fear. FEAR will come up on anybody, no matter how highly trained the individual is, but how you face your FEARS separates WARRIORS from MEN.

The NA is not for everyone, yes it's not a perfect organization but we have patriots still ready to serve. I for one I am not deterred, instead my motivation to kill these mofos just increased.

Make list come out first

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2018
pooozeee:
Is any one still applying to join the military ? If you say yes then you are a fool because this country is not whort dieing for. As soon as you pass out they are taking you to BHT. Be warned

thank you, oya they go where you fellow cowards dey..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2018
Mafialeader:
The forces of terror can't break us, we are more determined now than ever. The execution of vengeance shall be swift, vicious, yet guided by the principles sworn to defend for the love of God and country.
It's up to good men to stand and not do nothing
yes they can't, I love this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Damfostopper(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2018
pls do dey post other arm of military like Airforce to this insurgent areas or it's only the army... cos watching the video of the maiming of the foot soldiers is disturbing... fortifying the soldiers with arms na big problem....

am asking because I want to join Airforce via dssc next year since I will be through with nysc by then
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2018
collinshrf:
Someone here called someone else a CHICKEN because the person showed fear. FEAR will come up on anybody, no matter how highly trained the individual is, but how you face your FEARS separates WARRIORS from MEN.

The NA is not for everyone, yes it's not a perfect organization but we have patriots still ready to serve. I for one I am not deterred, instead my motivation to kill these mofos just increased.

Make list come out first

Another brother found

Cheers mate

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2018
pooozeee:

Someone else is applying for a job he or she wish for....and you call the person a fool.

Please try and keep your comments to yourself,cos it's worthless here......see ur name self....pooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2018
collinshrf:

Make list come out first

Based on what I know....
Everyone is scared.
But a soldier does not show his fear.

I stand to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2018
Kalapizim:
thank you, oya they go where you fellow cowards dey..

Gbam......hehehehehehehe
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2018
Damfostopper:
pls do dey post other arm of military like Airforce to this insurgent areas or it's only the army... cos watching the video of the maiming of the foot soldiers is disturbing... fortifying the soldiers with arms na big problem....

am asking because I want to join Airforce via dssc next year since I will be through with nysc by then

Another CHICKEN found.

The military is not for everyone.
Army,navy and airforce are all deployed to the north eastern zone.....I stand to be corrected.

Why fear death when we all will die one day....... My prayer is just for me to make heaven when I die.

Some one once said here ........ It is better to die fighting a war,than to sleep on your bed and the war comes to kill you.

Oga......please join police,road safety,peace corps,or civil defence........ The military is for the fearless.......the only issue we have in the Nigerian military based on the above video is lack of equipments,weapons and updated military infrastructure..........

So bro......don't steal another person opportunity to work.....join a paramilitary

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by emmieachichi: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2018
Nigerian Army breaks silence on deadly attack on soldiers, but keeps silent on casualty figure
- Nigerian Army has confirmed the attack on its soldiers in Metele, Borno state
- The Army gave reasons why it took some time to confirm the incident, adding that it has laid down procedures for reporting such incidents - It also stated that some of the videos being circulated concerning the attack are old and inaccurate Boko Haram propaganda videos The Nigerian Army has finally broken its silence on the deadly attack on soldiers on the 157 task force battalion stationed in Metele, Borno state by the Boko Haram terrorists which left scores of the soldiers dead and some still missing. While some reports’ estimates put the casualty figure at over 100, the Army in its statement on Friday, November 23, failed to reveal the death toll. The Army’s statement read: “The attention of the NA has been drawn to several social media, print, electronic and online publications about the recent attack on 157 Task Force Battalion at Metele. Whilst it is true that there was an attack on the location on 18 November 2018, it has, however, become necessary to correct several misinformation being circulated with regards to this unfortunate event. “It is important for the public to note that the NA has laid down procedures for reporting incidents that involve its personnel who fall casualty in action. Out of respect for the families of our gallant troops, the NOKs are first notified before any form of public information so as to avoid exacerbating the grief family members would bear, were they to discover such from unofficial sources. “Furthermore, it suffices to observe that several social media, print and online publications have been brandishing false casualty figures as well as circulating various footages of old and inaccurate BHT propaganda videos and alluding same to be the attack on 157 Task Force Battalion. "Whilst it is understandable how such misinformation can spread in this era of social media frenzy, the spurious circulation of some of these videos only contribute to further propagate the propaganda intent of the terrorists; to misinform the populace and portray themselves as what they are not. So far, the situation is that the location is under control as reinforcing units have been able to repel the terrorists and stabilize the situation. “The NA sincerely wishes to thank the various arms of government, MDAs and sister security agencies that have stood with her in these trying times; by commiserating with the families of the fallen heroes who have paid the supreme price for the defence of our dearly beloved country. The necessary support being given the NA by the federal government and the goodwill of the Nigerian populace will undoubtedly continue to spur the NA towards the ultimate defeat of the highly degraded BHTs.” News reports that following the latest attack, President Muhammadu Buhari dispatched Mansur Dan-Ali, minister of defence, for an emergency meeting with Chadian President Idris Deby. Dan-Ali had on Thursday, November 22, briefed President Buhari on security development across the country. He also briefed him about the recent killings of some Nigerian soldiers by the Islamic West Africa Province, a breakaway Boko Haram sect, operating along Nigeria-Chad border.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Damfostopper(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Another CHICKEN found.

The military is not for everyone.
Army,navy and airforce are all deployed to the north eastern zone.....I stand to be corrected.

Why fear death when we all will die one day....... My prayer is just for me to make heaven when I die.

Some one once said here ........ It is better to die fighting a war,than to sleep on your bed and the war comes to kill you.

Oga......please join police,road safety,peace corps,or civil defence........ The military is for the fearless.......the only issue we have in the Nigerian military based on the above video is lack of equipments,weapons and updated military infrastructure..........

So bro......don't steal another person opportunity to work.....join a paramilitary
your going too far.... you would have just answer.... "yes they do... or no they don't ".....instead of addressing someone as chicken and all those yen yen ur typing
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2018
Damfostopper:

If you're not willing to pay the supreme price please stay clear of the armed forces and use ur shining degree to pursue other sectors.
Be it Navy, Airforce or Army you can be posted to any war torn area. There is one NAF officer like that who shattered alll records in a staff course the guy packed award like kilode, it is expected that such a one should be posted to maybe a military institution or atleast given a "posh" appointment, but he was posted immediately to Adamawa. Where he and other officers and men are playing their part in the war against terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 24, 2018
Damfostopper:
your going too far.... you would have just answer.... "yes they do... or no they don't ".....instead of addressing someone as chicken and all those yen yen ur typing

Hehehehe....sorry then .

But that's the truth my brother
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2018
ugo4u:

If you're not willing to pay the supreme price please stay clear of the armed forces and use ur shining degree to pursue other sectors.
Be it Navy, Airforce or Army you can be posted to any war torn area. There is one NAF officer like that who shattered alll records in a staff course the guy packed award like kilode, it is expected that such a one should be posted to maybe a military institution or atleast given a "posh" appointment, but he was posted immediately to Adamawa. Where he and other officers and men are playing their part in the war against terrorism.

Are you serious....but why?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by emmieachichi: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
To the soldiers that paid the ultimate price;

We both left home at 18. You cleared JAMB I got recommended. You got UNIVERSITY, I got NDA. You pursued your degree, I had the toughest training. Your day started at 7 and ended at 5, Mine started at 4 till 9 and Some nights also included. You had your convocation ceremony, I had my POP. Best company took you and Best package was awarded, I was ordered to join my platoon With 2 stars piped on my shoulders. You got a job, I got a way of life. Every eve you got to see your family, I just wished i got to see my parents soon. You celebrated festivals with lights and music, I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers. We both married, Your wife got to see you everyday, My wife just wished i was alive. You were sent to business trips, I was sent on line of control. We both returned, Both wives couldn't control their tears, but You wiped her but, I couldn't. You hugged her but, I couldn't. Because I was lying in the coffin, With medals on my chest and, Coffin wrapped with tricolour. My way of life ended, Yours continued. We both left home at 18. I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there, especially those recently attacked and slaughtered by Boko Haram in Borno. May God comfort the families you left behind

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Are you serious....but why?
Because the NAF felt his skills will be better put to good use there.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
emmieachichi:
To the soldiers that paid the ultimate price;

We both left home at 18.
You cleared JAMB
I got recommended.
You got UNIVERSITY,
I got NDA.
You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.
Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and
Some nights also included.
You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.
Best company took you and
Best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With 2 stars piped on my shoulders.
You got a job,
I got a way of life.
Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished i got to see my parents soon.
You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers.
We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished i was alive.
You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.
We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but
You wiped her but,
I couldn't.
You hugged her but,
I couldn't.
Because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and,
Coffin wrapped with tricolour.
My way of life ended,
Yours continued.
We both left home at 18.
I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there,
especially those recently attacked and slaughtered by Boko
Haram in Borno. May God comfort the families you left behind
Nice, but try and acknowledge/reference the author next time.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (963) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.