Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,823 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1355263 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (964) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by PhilipReigns(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2020
sikowitz17:
One of my younger friends just died in the academy! He was in terma 1...
Please bro, if u know anyone that can help my little sister get into the academy I will very much appreciate please. She so love d force but no connection to get in please, she erroled for this year own also scored high in jamb. She's so intelligent. Thanks, awaiting ur response my number is 0810
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Please bro, if u know anyone that can help my little sister get into the academy I will very much appreciate please. She so love d force but no connection to get in please, she erroled for this year own also scored high in jamb. She's so intelligent. Thanks, awaiting ur response my number is 08100254826
lol. U dey hear say pesin kpai but u sha wan force am tru by putting ur no out dere carelessly 4 scammers 2 pounce on abi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2020
AirmanB:
Police recruitment for constables will begin next week (disclosed by the CP Ogun state). All fingers crossed, something will come up this year, definitely...
dese police guys hv never realised that a high level of education & serious training is key 2effective policing! dey Probably wanna jst increase numbers of junior ranks but we all saw d effect during lockdown & "interstate ban" lol...cashing out..d rotten system 9ja has all round is reflecting in terms of insecurity
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by PhilipReigns(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2020
sleuthhound:
lol. U dey hear say pesin kpai but u sha wan force am tru by putting ur no out dere carelessly 4 scammers 2 pounce on abi
Death is a sure thing my brother, normal thing as well. As for the scammers, let them come, I'm waiting for them. Between them and I we shall soon find out who will scam each other..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 11:26am On Jun 28, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Death is a sure thing my brother, normal thing as well. As for the scammers, let them come, I'm waiting for them. Between them and I we shall soon find out who will scam each other..
lol.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Adelion(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
PhilipReigns:

lol...
Scammer wey wan scam hin senior.Didn't see that coming lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
We lost gallant men yesterday in an ambush at Damboa.
8 soldiers lost their lives Lt Malgwi was one of them. May his soul and that of the others RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by PhilipReigns(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
Adelion:

lol...
Scammer wey wan scam hin senior.Didn't see that coming lmao
I 'm not a scammer bro like you are trying to paint, but I'm too clever to be scammed, that's what am trying to relate and it's a fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
A gallant officer in the person of Lieutenant Malgwi (64RC) and some of his men were killed yesterday on duty while protecting the territorial integrity of our dear nation, pray God grant his soul and that of his comrades eternal rest... He is the only child of his widowed mother cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
spetsnaz:
We lost gallant men yesterday in an ambush at Damboa.
8 soldiers lost their lives Lt Malgwi was one of them. May his soul and that of the others RIP
this guy was one of the best jumpers in flight school! Very passionate guy!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
I’ve also come to notice something! If officers die in the army, there’s an 80% chance the officer is a lieutenant! The death rate of lieutenants ehn!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yujiro: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ramirezsarki:
A gallant officer in the person of Lieutenant Malgwi (64RC) and some of his men were killed yesterday on duty while protecting the territorial integrity of our dear nation, pray God grant his soul and that of his comrades eternal rest... He is the only child of his widowed mother cry cry

This is so annoying when we all know all these unnecessary casualties could easily be prevented or reduced. The corruption in Nigeria and her security sectors is to blame. Provide the military and other security personnel with adequate arsenal and bullet proof vehicles, instead our politicians arf the ones using bullet proof vehicle and giving our army Hilux to be patrolling warzone.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
sikowitz17:
I’ve also come to notice something! If officers die in the army, there’s an 80% chance the officer is a lieutenant! The death rate of lieutenants ehn!
That's because they're the ones in the field. From Lt to Capt is one of the most delicate part of one's military career, that's where you gain lots of experience. Most of the Generals today were involved in the war in Sierra Leone and Liberia, they've paid their dues long ago, from the rank of Colonel above you will be more in a commanding/policy making role. Though Colonels, Generals too are also in the field but na when water don pass garri and most times they have personal body guards following them even in battle.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ramirezsarki:
A gallant officer in the person of Lieutenant Malgwi (64RC) and some of his men were killed yesterday on duty while protecting the territorial integrity of our dear nation, pray God grant his soul and that of his comrades eternal rest... He is the only child of his widowed mother cry :'(

Chai...which kain nonsense be this now ehnnn....

How can one break such news to a mother like this??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

That's because they're the ones in the field. From Lt to Capt is one of the most delicate part of one's military career, that's where you gain lots of experience. Most of the Generals today were involved in the war in Sierra Leone and Liberia, they've paid their dues long ago, from the rank of Colonel above you will be more in a commanding/policy making role. Though Colonels, Generals too are also in the field but na when water don pass garri and most times they have personnel body guards following them even in battle.

But bro, can we really compare the ferocity of battle in peacekeeping operations (partly funded by UN and ECOMOG) to the ferocity of battle in the North_east(funded by thieving politicians and Generals)?

I can't see the dues they paid ooo
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
sikowitz17:
And captains too.. They have very high death rate..
RIP to the fallen
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

But bro, can we really compare the ferocity of battle in peacekeeping operations (partly funded by UN and ECOMOG) to the ferocity of battle in the North_east(funded by thieving politicians and Generals)?

For me, they faced more ferocious enemies than now, because then it was a conventional warfare aka face me I face. Bokoharam uses guerilla tactics and pockets of ambushes to kill our soldiers though their are sometimes they overrun bases mostly it's to still weapons, food, medical supplies etc after which they'll run away, them no born them well to hold ground.
In UN missions the soldiers gun are provided by their home countries.
If you wanna know about the heroics of Nigeria soldiers in restoring peace to Liberia/Sierra Leone just ask the citizens of those countries or watch documentaries on the war. The rebels especially the RUFs were so brutal that they were chopping off the hands and eating the hearts of their enemies it was pure madness in that country, lots of Nigerian soldiers lost their lives. Till date a Nigeria army personnel always hold the Chief of defense position.
Read about General Alex Kobe the tactics he used in capturing the airport at Freetown is still being studied in military institutions in the US.
Even Brig Gen Achefu was a Lt when the rebels sieged a hotel in Liberia, the hotel served as a fortress to Nigerians and other foreigners especially the US citizens, this man held the forth for almost 7 days of relentless pounding by the enemies before help could come, though he lost about 50 soldiers but his bravery saved many lives at the hotel, if you've watched 13 hours in Benghazi it will give you a picture of the scenario that played out for him. I believe he will never forget that experience, last year he had a scuffle with a politicians convoy in Borno he gave them a little dose of his persona even as a senior officer the man is still rugged.
Even Buratai was a Captain when Nigeria almost went to war with Cameroon over bakaasi Peninsula, he was a field officer then. Most of the top dogs in the military too have had wartime experience especially the combatants.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

For me, they faced more ferocious enemies than now, because then it was a conventional warfare aka face me I face. Bokoharam uses guerilla tactics and pockets of ambushes to kill our soldiers though their are sometimes they overrun bases mostly it's to still weapons, food, medical supplies etc after which they'll run them no born them well to hold ground.
If you wanna know about the heroics of Nigeria soldiers in restoring peace to Liberia/Sierra Leone just ask the citizens of those countries or watch documentaries on the war. The rebels especially the RUFs were so brutal that they were chopping off the hands and eating the hearts of their enemies it was pure madness in that country, lots of Nigerian soldiers lost their lives. Till date a Nigeria army personnel always hold the Chief of defense position.
Read about General Alex Kobe the tactics he used in capturing the airport at Freetown is still being studied in military institutions in the US.
Even Brig Gen Achefu was a Lt when the rebels sieged a hotel in Liberia, the hotel served as a fortress to Nigerians and other foreigners especially the US citizens, this man held the forth for almost 7 days of relentless pounding by the enemies before help could come, though he lost about 50 soldiers but his bravery saved many lives at the hotel, if you've watched 13 hours in Benghazi it will give you a picture of the scenario that played out for him. I believe he will never forget that experience, even Buratai was a Captain when Nigeria almost went to war with Cameroon over bakaasi Peninsula, he was a field officer then.Most of the top dogs in the military too have had wartime experience especially the combatants.

How can a lieutenant loose 50 soldiers? A lieutenant has max of 40 soldiers na. Unless only he escaped somewhat and that documentary about the siege of the rebels against that hotel showed that it was the foreign mercenaries that helped out the most on our end.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

For me, they faced more ferocious enemies than now, because then it was a conventional warfare aka face me I face. Bokoharam uses guerilla tactics and pockets of ambushes to kill our soldiers though their are sometimes they overrun bases mostly it's to still weapons, food, medical supplies etc after which they'll run them no born them well to hold ground.
Even Brig Gen Achefu was a Lt when the rebels sieged a hotel in Liberia, the hotel served as a fortress to Nigerians and other foreigners especially the US citizens, this man held the forth for almost 7 days of relentless pounding by the enemies before help could come, though he lost about 50 soldiers but his bravery saved many lives at the hotel, if you've watched 13 hours in Benghazi it will give you a picture of the scenario that played out for him. I believe he will never forget that experience, even Buratai was a Captain when Nigeria almost went to war with Cameroon over bakaasi Peninsula, he was a field officer then.Most of the top dogs in the military too have had wartime experience especially the combatants.

Oga, buratai never had to face Book haram for over 5 yes without rotation and with a tyrant as COAS...no adequate food and weapons. It wasn't as bad as it is now. Let's be honest...the soldiers today are facing an ideologically extreme militia and they don't have even 20% support to prosecute the war. Ambushes upon ambushes, attacks upon attacks and our soldiers are dying daily like chickens. Soldiers are complaining daily of corruption and inadequate support. I don't know if you saw the video recently released by a soldier serving in the North accusing buratai of gross incompetence and wanton corruption ....oga, the army never had it this bad and I don't know why you're always defending these army chiefs like you have ulterior motives
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

How can a lieutenant loose 50 soldiers? A lieutenant has max of 40 soldiers na. Unless only he escaped somewhat and that documentary about the siege of the rebels against that hotel showed that it was the foreign mercenaries that helped out the most on our end.
This bros go like argument, you can't know it all, be humble and ask politely
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Is that not what i did or you are just biased to think ugo4u is always right and knows more than everybody?

Please behave your pant size and stop jumping to hasty conclusions.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Is that not what i did or you are just biased to think ugo4u is always right and knows more than everybody?

Please behave your pant size and stop jumping to hasty conclusions.
Key words "be humble, ask politely and you can't know it all"....... As for the em bolded you are the one saying it
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Read about the battle of Mammy Yoko hotel.
Yes a Lt has max of 40 soldiers but certain unusual circumstance might arise and a Lt may be the most senior personnel. According to reports the hotel housed thousands of expatriates after the end of the siege we lost about 50 soldiers, I can't say whether he was incharge of them abinitio but what I know is that he was the person coordinating the soldiers.
Lt Alechenu is his name, he is an Armor officer, most of them joined that conflict straight from NDA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Key words "be humble, ask politely and you can't know it all"....... As for the em bolded you are the one saying it

Na you sabi...I asked politely unless you didn't comprehend

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

Yes a Lt has max of 40 soldiers but certain unusual circumstance might arise and a Lt may be the most senior personnel. According to reports the hotel housed thousands of expatriates after the end of the siege we lost about 50 soldiers, I can't say whether he was incharge of them abinitio but what I know is that he was the person coordinating the soldiers.
Lt Alechenu is his name, he is an Armor officer, most of them joined that conflict straight from NDA.

Thanks for the reply bros...

You see, my opinion (as you rightly pointed out) is that the company commander may have died and he took over command (being a two star lieutenant). I know that its only a company that can loose that amount of soldiers. If it was a platoon, it would have been akin to a complete rout/wipeout.

Always nice to argue intelligently with you Sir and thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

I think this is the link bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knpxnNb9JQw

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

A livewitness account of what took place sir. Apparently, Lt Alechenu and a former SAS officer Will Scully led the defense bravely and were responsible for killing dozens on the enemy's side. Also, American Jets provided adequate Air cover (unlike in the North East now)

[b][b]Ronnie Scully's post has prompted me to research further into the defence of the Mammy Yoko.
An excerpt from a post on June 5th 2018 on"Fireforce Ventures" Facebook page by "Hank" (Henry Lung, a Canadian Army reservist) says the following:
"Without hesitation, he (former SAS soldier turned private security operative) William Scully) barked orders to the Nigerians who were now in disarray. A young officer, Lieutenant Alechenu (now a Colonel in the Nigerian Army) got the message, and reorganized his men. Unlike the man pictured, he had not been issued a helmet or ballistic vest on the day of the battle. Neither was Scully.

The two men, with nothing more than a few belts of ammunition, began to return effective fire on the RUF rebels They killed dozens, as the rebels closed in within 200 meters, and held the line until American jets showed up, and blew the RUF to kingdom come."
This version does acknowledge Alechenu's role as opposed to a single-handed effort on the part of Scully. While I have no doubt Scully put on a remarkable show, it is always useful to find information from all sources.
For instance Otto Skorzeny, the SS-man who came to be known as "Commando Extraordinary" after the rescue of Benito Mussolini, earned a reputation far in excess of his actual deeds as I wrote in:
SKORZENY: The Mythical Commando
http://adeyinkamakinde..com/2013/09/skorzeny-mythical-commando.html
And reproduced in two parts at WarHistoryOnline:
Part 1:
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/skorzeny-mythical-commando-part-1.html
Part 2:
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/skorzeny-mythical-commando-part-2-xb.html
Let us also not forget about Michael Asher's persuasive arguments debunking much of the narrative of Andy McNab and Chris Ryan in "Bravo Two Zero". His book and documentary entitled "The Real Bravo Two Zero" did exonerate the late Sergeant Vince Phillip, who died during the mission and who was blamed for the missions failure.
I noticed how several posts lionised the Nigeria soldiers with no mention of Scully. In one such post, it appears Scully himself may have interjected to give what he claimed was "the real story"
Anyway, will research further!

[/b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

I think this is the link bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knpxnNb9JQw
Yes it is a short clip from the siege.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Blueelf:

Although Nigeria has been among the top five contributors to UN peacekeeping operations, the prevailing domestic security challenges faced by Nigeria, if not quickly addressed, might restrict its participation in future missions. The Boko Haram insurgency has grown from a strictly domestic affair, to an issue of global concern. Due to domestic security issues, the country has been spending about 20% of its national budget on defense and security matters.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
ugo4u:

For me, they faced more ferocious enemies than now, because then it was a conventional warfare aka face me I face. Bokoharam uses guerilla tactics and pockets of ambushes to kill our soldiers though their are sometimes they overrun bases mostly it's to still weapons, food, medical supplies etc after which they'll run away, them no born them well to hold ground.
Seriously Sir Ugo4U, At this Juncture, I'M STRONGLY CONVINCED that the Higher Authorities ain't ready to stop this Boko haram menace COZ THERE ARE EASY AND IMPLEMENTABLE WAYS OF THRASHING OUT GUERILLA ACT OF TERRORISM... These books Below are the Reason for my Submission coz I've Painstakingly gone through it All..

(1) TRANSFORMATION : A BOLD CASE FOR UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE by (Steven P Basilici and Jeremy Simmons).... This is actually a NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL THESIS, MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA (June 2004)

(2) ASSESSING IRREGULAR WARFARE (A framework for Intelligence Analysis) By Eric V Larson, Derek Eaton, Brian Nichiporuk, Thomas S Szayna

(3) COUNTERING ASSYMETRICAL WARFARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY (A Grand Strategic Vision) By David E Long

(4) NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR COMBATING TERRORISM (A 32 PAGES February 2003 Publication of the USA)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

Seriously Sir Ugo4U, At this Juncture, I'M STRONGLY CONVINCED that the Higher Authorities ain't ready to stop this Boko haram menace COZ THERE ARE EASY AND IMPLEMENTABLE WAYS OF THRASHING OUT GUERILLA ACT OF TERRORISM... These books Below are the Reason for my Submission coz I've Painstakingly gone through it All..

(1) TRANSFORMATION : A BOLD CASE FOR UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE by (Steven P Basilici and Jeremy Simmons).... This is actually a NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL THESIS, MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA (June 2004)

(2) ASSESSING IRREGULAR WARFARE (A framework for Intelligence Analysis) By Eric V Larson, Derek Eaton, Brian Nichiporuk, Thomas S Szayna

(3) COUNTERING ASSYMETRICAL WARFARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY (A Grand Strategic Vision) By David E Long

(4) NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR COMBATING TERRORISM (A 32 PAGES February 2003 Publication of the USA)
i like how you have read most or all these books and how you have something to contribute to Winning the war against insurgency! In my opinion I think baby steps is required as the first step now is to get in first! Of which even after getting in, as a a young officer you can’t have an opinion or opportunity for policy reform till one hits the rank of colonel..so bro! Press button!! Make dem Shortlist you! That’s more important

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

dere is nothing wrong in arguing....no one knows it all...we learn 4rm each oda so far na positive minded argument kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (964) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.