Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto (1465 Views)

Astronomers Are Hearing Something Weird In Space, And Can’t Figure Out Where / "Human-sized" Fish At Apo Junction In Abuja. Photos / Astronomers Say They May Have Discovered A New 9th Planet For Our Solar System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Infomizer(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
The solar system appears to have a new ninth planet. Today, two scientists announced evidence that a body nearly the size of Neptune—but as yet unseen—orbits the sun every 15,000 years. During the solar system’s infancy 4.5 billion years ago, they say, the giant planet was knocked out of the planet-forming region near the sun. Slowed down by gas, the planet settled into a distant elliptical orbit, where it still lurks today.

The claim is the strongest yet in the centuries-long search for a “Planet X” beyond Neptune. The quest has been plagued by far-fetched claims and even outright quackery. But the new evidence comes from a pair of respected planetary scientists, Konstantin Batygin and Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in Pasadena, who prepared for the inevitable skepticism with detailed analyses of the orbits of other distant objects and months of computer simulations. “If you say, ‘We have evidence for Planet X,’ almost any astronomer will say, ‘This again? These guys are clearly crazy.’ I would, too,” Brown says. “Why is this different? This is different because this time we’re right.

For more about this, check out the original source

Ujsizzle
MkMyers45
Lalasticlala
Seun

Inform our people o!

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by falcon01: 11:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by stainlex(m): 7:31am On Jan 21, 2016
falcon01:

What confuseth thou, brethren?

@Sukkot, come see food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by sukkot: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
stainlex:

What confuseth thou, brethren?

@Sukkot, come see food.
Hehe bros its here. the return of the nephilims as signified by the appearance of planet X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kn--D68p8g

LALASTICALA , MYND44 DO THE NEEDFUL. OUR SOLAR SYSTEM IS ABOUT TO CHANGE SO THIS IS IMPORTANT. TEEMPAKGUY JOHNYDON22
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Mynd44: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:
Hehe bros its here. the return of the nephilims as signified by the appearance of planet X

LALASTICALA , MYND44 DO THE NEEDFUL. OUR SOLAR SYSTEM IS ABOUT TO CHANGE SO THIS IS IMPORTANT. TEEMPAKGUY JOHNYDON22

I want some of what you have been smoking bruh grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by sukkot: 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mynd44:

tis ekiti weed my bros. Happy new year grin grin wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2SKFzhSVo
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by johnydon22(m): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:

Mynd44:

Yes it is true, have seen it before... it has been dubbed planet9 and is mathematically proven.

The distortion in Sedna's orbit suggests a body of greater gravitational interference.. But to be honest Sukkot the orbit of this planet9 is exactly as postulated in the Annunaki theory of sumerian myths.. that is exactly with the orbit of the planet Nibiru.

Well the new planet9 has an orbital period of 20,000 years.. that's a long time bro..

We are all waiting for it to be observed in actuality but surely enough there is a celestial body with a decent gravity lurking beyond neptune..

This was exactly how Neptune was discovered. . theoretically before actual observation..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Intresting................................. But please don't tell me its name is PlanetX. Why do astronomers like giving planets drab names. Johnydon22, why
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by johnydon22(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
SirWere:
Intresting................................. But please don't tell me its name is PlanetX. Why do astronomers like giving planets drab names. Johnydon22, why
It's name is not planetX bro.. It is referred to as Planet9 but am sure following it's actual observation it will gain a better name.

But scientifically X is used to connote an unknown, so since speculations and suspicion of another planet lurking beyond Neptune since it was unknown X was used to refer to that unknown factor.

Just like in mathematics
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:

This is called planet nine /nemesis. it was postulated by prof Richard Muller from UC Berkeley. I know him.
if you want to know more, I can ask the man any question you wish to ask about the phenomenon.

meanwhile, I've not forgotten your challenge. as soon as my lappy gets repairs, I am going all out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
SirWere:
x means they don't know what it is.
heck, it might as well be a star.
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by sukkot: 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
johnydon22:
Yes it is true, have seen it before... it has been dubbed planet9 and is mathematically proven.

The distortion in Sedna's orbit suggests a body of greater gravitational interference.. But to be honest Sukkot the orbit of this planet9 is exactly as postulated in the Annunaki theory of sumerian myths.. that is exactly with the orbit of the planet Nibiru.

Well the new planet9 has an orbital period of 20,000 years.. that's a long time bro..

We are all waiting for it to be observed in actuality but surely enough there is a celestial body with a decent gravity lurking beyond neptune..

This was exactly how Neptune was discovered. . theoretically before actual observation..
very well said brother, especially the part about the annunaki theory of sumerian myths and the distortion of sednas orbit
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by sukkot: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Teempakguy:
This is called planet nine /nemesis. it was postulated by prof Richard Muller from UC Berkeley. I know him.
if you want to know more, I can ask the man any question you wish to ask about the phenomenon.

meanwhile, I've not forgotten your challenge. as soon as my lappy gets repairs, I am going all out.
oh really ? are you based in california ? ahhh dont even sweat the challenge lol - that thread has gone cold. but i am sure we would collude and collide on other threads lol
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
sukkot:
oh really ? are you based in california ? ahhh dont even sweat the challenge lol - that thread has gone cold. but i am sure we would collude and collide on other threads lol
of course I'm not in California. but thanks to the internet, he is comfortably within reach. he's on quora. as I am.

about the challenge, I already wrote two pages of proof nah. maybe I'll make it into a standalone info thread.
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by UltraSphinx(m): 12:11am On Jan 22, 2016
sukkot:

i thought Annunaki was d only deluded fella in this section, i never knew he had an accomplice
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by sukkot: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Teempakguy:
of course I'm not in California. but thanks to the internet, he is comfortably within reach. he's on quora. as I am.

about the challenge, I already wrote two pages of proof nah. maybe I'll make it into a standalone info thread.
two pages ? yeah for that much material you need a standalone thread. tag me when you make the thread so i can come and contribute. quora ? let me go research this phenom called quora lol. never heard of it. i may join
grin

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by anangboy(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2016
We don't have to get ahead of ourselves, gentlemen.

The researchers, Prof. Mike Brown and Asst. Prof. Konstantin Batygin, both from Caltech, analysed the planet's existence through mathematical modeling and computer simulations but have not yet observed the object directly.

Prof. Mike Brown sums it up with " I would love to find it. But I'd also be perfectly happy if someone else found it. That is why we are publishing this paper. We hope that other people are going to get inspired and start searching ".

It is a model that hasn't been physically proven. This is theoretical evidence. Evidence for a theory. An illusion of factuality arising from a rational enquiry that hasn't been proven.
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by HapyOne: 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
Just passing by... wink
Re: Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto by gatiano(m): 3:03am On Jan 24, 2016
That is probably pluto whose real name is planet Platoon.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia N97 Full London Used With Accesories For Sale / Why We Have To Turn Electronic Devices Off On Planes / The End Of Girlfriends? -new Sex Doll That Looks Exactly Like A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.