Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:35 PM

'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' (32012 Views)

Governor Wike Bends To Greet President Buhari At Aso Villa (Photo) / Buhari’s Budget Fails Integrity Test, Says Senate / Ben Murray-Bruce Commends Buhari's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by mbeheddy: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2016
Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“Mr President, a budget that increases spending up to 30 per cent based solely on borrowing, in what way are we justified? That is the question we want to ask the people who brought this budget.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

“The proposal before us is the first budget where the executive has deemed it necessary to give ordinary Nigerians genuine hope.

“N500 billion allocated for school feeding and social SAFTEY NET is commendable.

“It is time to say oil should not continue to play dominant role as we have suffered economically and politically: it is time to diversify this economy.

“The direction of the executive is the way to go. `That is, we should make every effort to have the real sector-agric mining and manufacturing.

“The budget deserves the support of everyone, including my colleagues on the other side. When we were in the opposition we supported the PDP, they should support us,” he said.

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/

Come 2019, I think we youths should also get a political party, get a credible youth that can be trusted and vote him as president of this country. I'm sick and tired of having these old men that have ruling since they were in their mid twenties to continue ruling us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2016
onatisi:
the worst is yet to come,the dullard will not withdraw this budget,there will be a standoff between him and some senators ,then budget delay,as a result of this many Nigerians will suffer and suffer more although this is a welcome development since they are suffering for their stupidity in voting in a desperate dullard as their president,the efcc will move against key opposition senators. This government will still borrow more by the 3rd quarter of this year. The bitter truth is the worst is yet to happen.

But I thought some dog rain zombies were shouting that osinbajo isbin charge of the president economic team,so this is what he has to offer?when I told ppl here that this budget was written and formulated in ikeja ,they thought I was joking

I'll keep making references to the above as time wears on.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Demdem(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

When you switch things between your hands to make it look like magic, it is called slight of hand. This is how I will describe this budget!

Remind me again, how much does a solid state 1TB memory for a computer cost, let alone a hard drive?

How much did APC government budget?

Stop boring me with repeated eediocy while ignoring significant inputs I am impacting. I Av repeatedly stated my stance on such. I don't need any input from u to declare that some line items needs to be expunged as it's done worldwide. That is why I don't enjoy being civil with ur kind.

Demdem:

Stop being crafty and read up the line items all together. We Av a lot geared towards infrastructural development.
For instance, in the year 2015, Jonah-daft budget spent just 50 billion naira for power, works and housing while over 85% went to recurrent. But in this year proposal, General Buhari is proposing over 450 billion naira for the same sector. Far more percentage is going to capital than last year. What does that tell u? That is serious change for ur info and to those that Av eyes. Even at that, I Av repeatedly stated that some line items in the proposed budget needs to be expunged.
Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by omogin(f): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Some animals will come here and defend bubu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by alaskido(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
I am lost of words. Why, Why and why are we doing this to ourselves. APC this is a SCAM. Ben Bruce, you will not talk now o. Small time you will enter internet and your TV station to blah blah that you are only trying to make common sense. 2016 budget is on the hot seat now and you will not say anything on the floor only on social media.

This Dullardino Bubu should be removed from government. I never voted for him so I do not know how he got to be president. This happens only when you have an illiterate in power. Thank God they are not blaming the 2016 budget on Jonathan.

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by evy1(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
irepagbor:

Robbery or no robbery.... Igbo man must have another opinion............................why is kogi , edo, benue, or other senators not saying it?
Igbos are the less educated in that chamber with Hausa people. how come he can see the robbery and other tribes can not see?.

No reasonable person or organisation take igbo serious...... Just leave them to talk, they are angry that NAS can no longer share money with Ghana must go.
If the presidency had brought Ghana must go to support the budget, we wont hear igbo man talking thrash.
Am sure u are high on oshogbo weed..cos u won't be typing this trash if ur sense of reasoning was intact.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by jamace(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
Buhari should be very cautious of the activities of those surrounding him. It is a greater disservice to be pursuing rats while goats in the house are eating your yams.

From the comparison between GEJ and PMB budgets, It is very clear that, under Buhari, the budget office is out to siphon the nations meagre resources. Buhari can not convince Nigerians and the world that Nigeria is broke with this elephant budget padded with "chopping" money.

I recommend that Buhari withdraw that budget and amend accordingly to suite our present economic situation.

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by alaskido(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
I am lost of words. Why, Why and why are we doing this to ourselves. APC this is a SCAM. Ben Bruce, you will not talk now o. Small time you will enter internet and your TV station to blah blah that you are only trying to make common sense. 2016 budget is on the hot seat now and you will not say anything on the floor only on social media.

This Dullardino Bubu should be removed from government. I never voted for him so I do not know how he got to be president. This happens only when you have an illiterate in power. Thank God they are not blaming the 2016 budget on Jonathan. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by omenka(m): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2016
chronique:
It's just a "proposal"? Why on earth should a person who claims to be honest and portrays himself as a man of integrity,even think of proposing something that reeks of fraud and dishonesty? Where is the change? With this harsh economic situation we find ourselves in? My dear,do you have a business of your own that you run? Do you know what's happening to businesses right now? Gosh!!!
How about you came to this thread and explain to us what necessitated the barefaced stealing your crooked heroes engaged in?? Can you emotionally unstable kids see why our currency has been taking a beating?? How could you collect revenues in dollars, convert a portion of it to naira and remit same to the coffers of government while you share a bigger fraction of it amongst yourselves??

www.nairaland.com/2879702/fresh-monumental-fraud-exposed-nnpc/2#42181315

You guys need to have your heads examined.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by yaki84: 9:36am On Jan 21, 2016
noblezone:

Remain the same? How?

Domestic Budget for Aso Villa has Changed from 580 M to 1.7 B. That's about 100% change.

And they are blaming the past administration for looting the treasury dry. Now, there is no money to implement, the budget of "CHANGE".

Greetings Comrade.

correction, it is more than 100percent increase!

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by modath(f): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2016
Firefire,

When you mention me, try & have a personal opinion, don't call names (it is not my identity)& not quote people.. Stand on your own! BE A MAN!!

Francizy , I have Other obligations out of NL, smiley I
also don't have to respond to every ish every minute, moreover I don't answer to you people who I know quite well are not arguing for progress sake, you are just pained & throwing tantrums.....

On Topic.... The feeding part will be struck out, it looks crazy & should not be, but be that as it may, it is in the open , open for discuss.... it is a proposal, we expect the senate to take the presidency to task for it!!!!

Anyway, this budget still trumps Hero fortunato's that is 80%+ RECURRENT... also Learn to live with the pain of defeatisis, you still have a minimum of 40 months to see Baba's face & his policies shaping national events.

Told you lots to stop throwing stones from your glass house, we all have seen how where your bias aligns with spend without appropriation & the ones appropriated diverted into private pockets!! Remove your log & i'll manage my speck! smiley

I expect more mentions but be assured you won't get a squeak out of me...

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2016
engrkenny:

Zero based budgeting = copy the budget of the last government and add more zeros to the various appropriations.

That's it.

Where have you been?

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by urbanmonk: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Firefire:
As the National Assembly is debating on the '2016 APPROPRIATION BILL', we would be helping them to 'torchlight' the proposed budget by the presidency.

Watch this page for full expository of APC 2016 Budget vs. PDP 2015 Budget.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan 2015 Budget Vs. Gen. Buhary 2016 Budget - Loaded
Architect Sambo 2015 Allocation Vs. Prof. Pastor Yemi Osibanjo 2016 Budget - Loaded

Please feel free to check the links below if you need to verify my analysis/data.

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/PRESIDENCY%202.pdf
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2015appropriation/1.%20Presidency%20Revised.pdf

Cc: Anonimi, Ajepako, etc...
Chai. Buhari has shown that he is a hungry and wicked man by this bogus budget

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2016
mbeheddy:

Come 2019, I think we youths should also get a political party, get a credible youth that can be trusted and vote him as president of this country. I'm sick and tired of having these old men that have ruling since they were in their mid twenties to continue ruling us.

From which country ? Hope not Nigeria oooo. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 21, 2016
Chubhie:

This is preposterous!!! what sorcery!!They even insult the masses to their face!

My brother, leaders only take seriously the masses who give them a hot run for their money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Firefire(m): 9:41am On Jan 21, 2016
modath:

Firefire,

When you mention me, try & have a personal opinion, don't call names (it is not my identity)& not quote people.. Stand on your own! BE A MAN!!

also don't have to respond to every ish every minute, moreover I don't answer to you people who I know quite well are not arguing for progress sake, you are just pained & throwing tantrums.....

On Topic.... The feeding part will be struck out, it looks crazy & should not be, but be that as it may, it is in the open , open for discuss.... it is a proposal, we expect the senate to take the presidency to task for it!!!!

Anyway, this budget still trumps Hero fortunato's that is 80%+ RECURRENT... also Learn to live with the pain of defeatisis, you still have a minimum of 40 months to see Baba's face & his policies shaping national events.

Told you lots to stop throwing stones from your glass house, we all have seen how where your bias aligns with spend without appropriation & the ones appropriated diverted into private pockets!! Remove your log & i'll manage my speck! smiley

Am Sorry!

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by malachytochukwu(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2016
A female friend of mine in Port-Harcourt works in a company..... They were all asked to proceed on compulsory vacation. Only the man's personal secretary was asked to remain.... Somebody should please tell me what 'Buhari' means in Hausa language.
bennywise30:
Seriously from the start of this administration I know buhari can not give Nigerians the change they want,we are going backward, just yesterday my girlfriend told me their company is closing down this month end,unemployment increasing
Jonathan administration was corrupt but his ministers are the best Nigeria can be proud of ,seriously joke apart Jonathan administration won't allow things go this way.
Don't compare an educated person with an illiterate

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Alezy(m): 9:45am On Jan 21, 2016
noblezone:
My conscience is clear.
I tried all I could to warn Nigerians. that Buhari has nothing to offer.

The man is bad news any day. Calamity will befall the economy by the time APC and Buhari finis with Nigeria.

Make una enjoy una change.
I dey tell you, those people shouting change that time you won't see them now o.

its just obvious, we don't know what we want I this country.

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Wallade(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2016
I can't crucify the execuive FG on this budget without assessing the budget, comparing it with the previous budget + supplementary budget. I also need to allow the originators of the budget defend their budget with respect to the figures.

Budgets are estimates which should eventually be compared with the actuals at the end of the period. We hardly do that comparism periodically, we hardly have updates on the actuals.

The figures you are quoting on internet may not be correct. There may also be additional information for every expenditure item listed on the budget. So we should not argue or debate blindly.
Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by omogin(f): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2016
ohenhen1:
State house budget is not Buhari personal expenditures. Buhari is traveling more than GEJ.

I see nothing wrong with the budget for the State Headquarters.
Lol... God made you human, pls reason like one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by yaki84: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2016
I told my frnds buhari wasnt ready for governance, leave all these initial gragra he is doing abt dasuki stuff, na pay back to what he suffered in his hands during ibb coup.
back to the crux of the matter, we all know oil price is down n will keep going down till heaven put a halt. the govt of the day is talking tough abt diversification, we all know the other sector apart from oil that can bring us forex is agriculture, solid minerals etc. now lets ask ourselves how much is budgetted for agriculture in that bill?
thr is no money n these people still hv d guts to budget a whooping 500billion naira for school feeding, whr will the food come from? wont thr still import these food at the expense of our reserve n also enriching other countries workforce?
why not channel the 500billion naira for agriculture..... n scrap that white elephant school feeding rubbish cos we all know its only the north that will benefit from that feeding.
upon say they steal, re steal the budget, work n rework it, they still couldnt effect small change in it, these guys are all super hyper dummies!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by chukkiephil(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Chai this is too much, from frying pan to fire!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by achiphet(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Where my apc colleges naa? Defend this now or foeverly remain dumb when apc is mentioned!!!!!!!!
Just look at wat that apc senator was saying........'we supported ur budget as opposition so support ours' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by yaki84: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This 2016 Appropriation bill in all honesty is a big disappointment to Nigerians. What kind of a budget is this? Who does it seek to serve? The masses or the corrupt elite?

abeg reserve ur comment, double mouth ijaw outcast.

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by nwadiuko1(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2016
Jonathan was clueless......but this man doesn't even know what governance is about.........so with his holier than thou group they can't even make a comprehensive budget? so much for nepa bill as certificate

5 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by nike4love: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Owoplenty:
He has to do that, ence he is not interested in embezzling our fund,or what shall it profit Nigeria if he proposed 20kobo and siphon $20b?
What will it also profit nigeria if bubu show us the goats that ate our yam and turn around to steal our ban?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by achiphet(m): 9:55am On Jan 21, 2016
Osibanjo initially even said in December that the budget was to be 8tr!!!!! Wonder y dey reduce am to six

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Chubhie:
Nigeria can not survive four years with Apc.

1 Like

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:58am On Jan 21, 2016
Demdem:

Stop boring me with repeated eediocy while ignoring significant inputs I am impacting. I Av repeatedly stated my stance on such. I don't need any input from u to declare that some line items needs to be expunged as it's done worldwide. That is why I don't enjoy being civil with ur kind.

You have the right not to respond or be uncivil, it is a trademark of the APC family!

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by francizy(m): 10:02am On Jan 21, 2016
modath:

Firefire,

I don't get what you mean by me throwing tantrums. I only made a statement with regards to your moniker, labelling it unavailable at the moment. Every other statement in my reply to Firefire weren't directed at you but at APC supporters. I'm under no obligation to use sweet words on your divide since people who dominate that divide don't deserve it. Even at the other time I called you and some other people zombies, I included my self so what's the ish here?

On another note, if I come across to you like someone pained (and not arguing for progress) then what do you have to say about your fellow APC supporters whom are all bunch of sycophants and attack dogs?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by exclusive7(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2016
ohenhen1:
State house budget is not Buhari personal expenditures. Buhari is traveling more than GEJ.

I see nothing wrong with the budget for the State Headquarters.
Idi stew peed!!

6 Likes

Re: 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' by yaki84: 10:06am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Truth is that there is a cabal that always stay put around the seat o power with sole intent of profiting from Nigeria. If Buhari knows what is good for him(which I think he does) he should look into these issues.

which cabal? I thought buhari na God, new sheriff n his body language alone can fix dead n decomposed bones?
stop dis cabal thing, so d cabal prepared this budget n buhari accepted it hook line n sinker without blinking an eye. abeg stop it!
wetin consain cabal with budget?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yorubas Will Not Abandon Their Son, A Prof. Of Law For A China Man-Festus Keyamo / Boko Haram Burns Military Base, School, Hospital In Yobe / How Obasanjo Destroyed PDP (2) - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.