Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,729 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages (34705 Views)

El-zakzaky Drags FG To Court, Demands N2bn General Damages / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by azu12: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2016

•As judge orders DSS to produce him

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (retd), has dragged the Federal Government before ECOWAS Court in Abuja over his continued detention. He is also demanding payment of N500 million damages for alleged rights infringement.
This is even as a Federal High Court in Abuja yesterday ordered the government to produce him by February 16.
Dasuki is also urging the sub-regional court to order his release forthwith.

In the suit filed by his lawyer, Robert Emukpoeruo, the former NSA is urging the court to declare among others, that his continued detention in defiance of orders for his bail granted by three courts, and after fulfilling the bail conditions, was “unlawful, arbitrary and an egregious violation” of his human rights.

The applicant also urged the ECOWAS Court to hold that it was, “a most egregious violation of the treaty obligations” signed by Nigeria under and by virtue of its being a signatory to legal instruments, to have unlawfully detained him under a “de-humanizing condition” after he had been granted bail and met the conditions for his release.

Similarly, the former NSA would want the court to declare that the alleged invasion of his privacy, home and correspondence at his Abuja and Sokoto residences on July 16 and 17, 2015 and the “forceful and unlawful seizure” of his properties, “without any lawful order or warrant” constituted a gross violation of his fundamental rights and offended the country’s treaty obligations as a signatory to the listed legal instruments.

Meanwhile, Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja yesterday ordered Dasuki be produced in court on February 16 following his absence in court without any reason.
The judge said it was mandatory for a defendant in a criminal matter to be physically present in court at every stage of the prosecution except where the presence was an excuse.
Dasuki’s counsel, Mr. Joseph Daudu (SAN), had also complained that his client was abducted by security agents six weeks ago to an unknown destination. He told Justice Ademola that since the ex-NSA was whisked away, all efforts by his family and his lawyers to access him had been scuttled.

Daudu recalled that in three different High Courts where Dasuki was arraigned by the Federal Government, his client was admitted to bail, regretting that till date, the government and its agents have refused to allow Dasuki go on bail. He urged the judge to compel the Federal Government and its agents to respect the court’s decision, having joined issues with the defendant in court.

Justice Ademola said: “I am worried that the accused is not here. I do not want to set a bad precedent. Except the court gives express order for the defendant not to be in court, the accused must be brought to court from wherever he is. The accused must be here because I am not sure if what I am doing right now in the absence of the accused is not an illegality.

“Government and whoever is concerned must endeavour to do the necessary thing. The accused having been formally charged in court, must be produced in court for trial on the appointed days in compliance with the provisions of the law,” he said.
Earlier, counsel to the Federal Government, Mr. Dikpo Okpeseyi (SAN), said he applied for withdrawal of an application he had filed, seeking revocation of bail granted Dasuki on November 3 last year.

The judge consequently struck out the application and announced that the ruling would be delivered on February 16 in a pending government application, seeking secret trial of the former NSA.

The government arraigned Dasuki on charges of unlawful possession of fire-arms, breach of trust and money laundering.
Meanwhile, Dasuki’s trial has been fixed for February 16 and 17 before Justice Ademola

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ilemobade-killers-to-die-by-hanging/

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by 1shortblackboy: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Oga sorry o. Dem no obey Nigerian court. Dem no go obey ECOWAS court sef. They have already declared u guilty and have commenced ur punishment. U can only appeal to God

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by ORACLE1975(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2016
K
Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Chanchit: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Lmao! This man need brain check up, dem still dey deal with you, you come add fire. Who controls Ecowas?

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by politricks: 7:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Everybody is just dragging buhari to different courts from ICC to ECOWAS court. I just hope they dont drag him to basketball or tennis court.

226 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by chronos: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2016
"Unlawful possession of arms".. A retired colonel

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by edo3(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2016
Abi won din dodo lori man yi ni...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by bettercreature(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2016
This Dasuki man want to expose himself to the whole world

19 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2016
No be only ECOWAS Court na International Court of Justice. After looting our $2.2billion with his friends, he still want us to give him N500million.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by drss(m): 8:21am On Jan 21, 2016
...n dat was how d hunta has bcom d hunted. gani fawenmi vs abacha episode reloaded! grin i can bet 100 percent dat buari dullard fg will be humiliated n ask to pay damages to dasuki.
by d time d courts aqquits dasuki of dis frivolous $2.1 billion arms deal scam dat does not exist, buari dullard will be stoned out of aso rock.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by derrick333(m): 8:22am On Jan 21, 2016
Dasuki dasuki!!! our 54b don complete ?

6 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by mysteriousman(m): 8:25am On Jan 21, 2016
Ecowas that nigeria is lord over, this man no serious

10 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by jordyspices: 8:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Abi na inside prison him drag am go ecowas court Chai dasuki my man no worry u hear wen u serve ur own sentence come out dats if u will not get a life sentence den u can send d FG to ecowas na becos say dem never give u d metuh treatment angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by praxisnetworks: 8:32am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
No be only ECOWAS Court na International Court of Justice. After looting our $2.2billion with his friends, he still want us to give him N500million.

Return our yams....

6 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by yemmynoni: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2016
drss:
...n dat was how d hunta has bcom d hunted. gani fawenmi vs abacha episode reloaded! grin i can bet 100 percent dat buari dullard fg will be humiliated n ask to pay damages to dasuki.
by d time d courts aqquits dasuki of dis frivolous $2.1 billion arms deal scam dat does not exist, buari dullard will be stoned out of aso rock.
clap for yourself Mr wailer

54 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by frodobee: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2016
Frodobee :

Buhar I sef! If he was my boy I would be tired of caning him, by now I would have sold him to slave dealers.
From ICC to ECOWAS and ofcourse Nigerian courts, this man has in 8months reduced Nigeria to a pariah state- 30years back.
I pity those rice-tivists(^^^^) mortgaging Nigeria's democracy and their future while proffessing anti-corruption and masturbating on the senile dicktatorial tendencies of their Lord, the shame and ridicule Nigeria is going thru on the international stage will one day be yours.

8 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by yhemsy62(m): 8:41am On Jan 21, 2016
Dasuki wanna expose himself to Africa to know d kind person wey him be

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by shakur4luv(m): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Dasuki! Dasuki!! Dasuki!!! Hw many timer i call u? You no go comot for 1 wahala b4 u write letter to anoda 1 oluya jakujaku

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by kokoA(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2016
AU court nkor? Ecowas that technically belongs to Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by franchizy(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Good move by Dssuki. The FG erred in law for his continued detention.
Dasuki remains innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Dasuki is a mere messenger for GEJ and his arraingment is not acceptable by me.
Justice may be delayed but cant be denied.

IPOB YOUTH

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Swaggzkid: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2016
Dasuki tha ATM

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2016
Pay yourself the N500 million compensation from our yams you sold and bring back our remaining Yams Santa Dazuki.

I will not lie, you are different from others. You did not eat all the yams alone but shared it with friends like if the world was ending.

#BringBackOurYams

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Joeace3000(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Interesting. We tired of you Dasuki and all the unprofitable news about you. Anyone who wants a one on one training for earning on fiverr should pm me. Ain't you tired of these guys and all the talk of their stolen money
Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Capnd143(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2016
interesting turn of events.

After deliberately swindling the Nigerian state at the expense of our troops life?

Instead of buying the approved T90 battle tanks you bought T72.....
instead of the far better Su35Mk fighter jet offered by Russia, you bought outdated civilian grade alpha trainer jets....
instead of buying up to 12 Ch4 drones, you bought only 5 ch3 drones.....
instead of buying more Bigfoot and REVA mrap, you bought soft skinned Toyota land cruiser for our troops!!! God is watching you in like up 9D!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2016
cheesy

So this most wanted nigerian criminal get mind to drag FG to court .E be like say lakpalakpa dey plenty for him brain.

Dasuki na real Donkey! For making this miscalculated move.

E better make him start to they shout say e get scrotum cancer, as we quick dey forgive thieves wey dey sick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by Pangea: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2016
angry
Shameless goat!

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by rozayx5(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

lol anywhere belle face analyst

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by hollywater: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Hahaha funny Country. Don't misunderstand me. I am just laughing because of his demand for 500 million.Not because of his right of not being released after he met his bail.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by imsuboi(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
This government would see nigeria go up in flames very very soon.

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages by qdat(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
OK nàu'' save journey...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MACBAN: Cows Will Cost ₦2 Million Each If Lagos Anti-Open Passes Grazing Law / Lot Of People Migrated From The SE Just To Vote In Lagos - Lagos INEC REC. / Dapo Abiodun Visits Tinubu, Ex Governor Aremu Osoba (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.