Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister (22570 Views)

Chinese Condoms Too Small For Zimbabwean Men – Health Minister / Monkey Pox: Stop Eating Bush Meat, Monkeys & Dead Animals - Health Minister / Zika Virus Is In Nigeria- Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by hinohsend: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2016
So if there are no foreign help,there is no hope.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by vickynwamma2015(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2016
This man is a fool and not worth to be a Prof. How can he continue to maintain that GEJ is the reason lassa fever is in naija. Shame to u all in the helm of this adminstartion. A set of confuse people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Seamareggae(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Sissyshakara:
But wait o, are you telling me this rat has not been in existence before... Y is Lassa now a serious health issue...

Now that i have found a new garri recipe, this lassa now wants to take that away from me...
Tell me about this new garri recipe...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by julimax(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2016
lomprico:
Why is he comparing? Why is he politicising this?
Get to work my friend!! people are dying!
I just tire. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by obailala(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt]what is wrong with this goverment....why must they complain about every blessed thing in the world....i am tired of this mediocrity and nonsense and i regret the day i cast my vote for APC[/size]
You happen to be the one complaining here, the statement of the minister doesnt sound like a complaint.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2016
vickynwamma2015:
This man is a fool and not worth to be a Prof. How can he continue to maintain that GEJ is the reason lassa fever is in naija. Shame to u all in the helm of this adminstartion. A set of confuse people.

Easy Boss!

Read the OP again!

Nowhere was the acronym "GEJ" or the full meaning thereof mentioned!

Seriously. I beg you. Read the original post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by anonimi: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2016

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by viktor01(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Politics everywhere.....
The causative agent has been in existence since time immemorial in fact, it had even served as a good source of meat to some of the people in Benue state.

What is wrong with the world?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by MayhorE(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2016
I assure u that we can end lassa fever like ebola, just contact me on twitter @ Mayhor.E or call this number for dealing in different cat to ep u all chop of the carrier of the virus.08148984552! Thanks, Nigeria will soon be free od lassa fever
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by dignity33: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2016
Since 2012 that means under Gej regime, why not come open and said it, This regime is one of the worst Nigeria have ever witness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by pulsa(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2016
Speechless3:
Lol thank God an angel is ruling us.
how do you know that he is an angel, I will rather we wait and see how he performs before we tag him an angel, but yeah he seems "50 shades better" than his predecessors.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by gurunlocker: 11:05am On Jan 21, 2016
this government can give excuses about anything.... I hope this excuse won't continue till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by kings09(m): 11:07am On Jan 21, 2016
D guy too talk 4 a health minister. Dem 4 give am ministry of info. Always lookin 4 excuses
Biim:
Oga get to work you too talk angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by passionate88: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2016
Hin no blame the past administration?
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2016
Lassa fever has been in existence for long, I remember my friend and neighbour died of it in the very late 80's.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Gkemz: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2016
The reason why the present govt can never win the war against lassa fever is because of its insincerity, lack of direction and insensitivity to the plight of her citizens. How do you expect to eradicate this endemic when govt make the cost of living so high that a common man can't afford a three square meal not to mention other needs. Workers have to embark on a strike before their salaries are released, double taxation on the workers salary, inability to pay minimum wage, businesses crumbling as a result of adverse monetary policies. Imagine in a state like Imo state, the hopeless and clueless clown Governor now regard workers salary as a privilege instead of an entitlement even after laying off not less than 3000 workers for demanding what is due to them. When ebola came on board, the health ministry under past govt joined heads together with health experts to tackle the endemic disease. Thank God we can now see that this govt is not yet ready to assume power.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by zeo(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Guy get to work or resign honourably .You are not paid to make excuses.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by akfeas(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2016
Did he just say "This Year"?

I was expecting this confused APC minister to say "This Month"

More proactive measures should be invoked b4 it becomes more endemic.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by zeo(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2016
In fact we dey vex,una propaganda don tire us.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by manuelzz(m): 11:33am On Jan 21, 2016
DankemzI:
Bullshit When Ebola came, the government of the day was busy finding remedy not giving excuses.... Wont be surprised if they'll come and blame Lassa fever on Gej or 16 years of Pdp grin

They already have bro. This shameless and incompetent fart blamed Gej for the lassa fever outbreak... They are always punctual with their blames...Just check for it online you'll see it...
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2016
This apc people are becoming creative in giving excuses
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by zeo(m): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2016
I expected more from the minister.We need more facts about lassa fever.The government needs to put more proactive measures in place.We saw what was done during ebola crisis and that saved the situation.In this case the awareness is still very poor.Schools ,markets and business places were involved in ebola fight.Oga wake up to reality and do something fast.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Politicowizard(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2016
nawa for this man. He is always busy trying to decimate the achiements of past admin regarding Ebola. Considering the nature of spread of the two diseases, which is more fatal? Must we politicize everything? It didn't take past admin up to 16wks to wipe out Ebola while this prof is busy promising how he will write off lassa fever using 52 weeks. let's pray that much deaths wount be recorded before his timeframe elapses! Personally, I am beginning to lack confidence in him.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by yaskarahyelhope(f): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Speechless3:
Lol thank God an angel is ruling us.

Blood of gwad. Pls clean ya eyes with pepper. Maybe U go see well. Angel Daura
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 21, 2016
They should just go to ILASA and fumigate the whole area. LASA Fever was originated from Ilasa
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by Dongreat(m): 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
No need to call God or fast 4 such case. All we Nigerians must do is proper hygiene o. Wash hands, clean sewage. Let's stop leaving in our filth saying 'dirt don't kill African'. Every time I step out all I see is algae everywhr, even the posh areas. Wetin person nor dey tire for dirty? Shoo.

Clean and adopt proper hygiene, else Lassa fever will be less compared to the bubonic plague that is coming.
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by XaintJoel20: 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
APC as an oppositiom refused to commend GEJ's administration for a job well done she she gallantly fought Ebola to oblivion, rather they were swift in claiming the glory...
Fast forward to 2016, now we have Lassa Fever ravaging the Nigerian state, and the APC that 'fought' Ebola can not withstand a 'common' Lassa Fever... The best they can give Nigerians are flimsy excuses...
Government of mediocres...

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by chumaster(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
As usual coming from Govt of excuses,blames and Inconclusiveness
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by moredollar(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt]what is wrong with this goverment....why must they complain about every blessed thing in the world....i am tired of this mediocrity and nonsense and i regret the day i cast my vote for APC[/size]
Your vote was insignificant bro........
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by solonazzy: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
DankemzI:
Bullshit When Ebola came, the government of the day was busy finding remedy not giving excuses.... Wont be surprised if they'll come and blame Lassa fever on Gej or 16 years of Pdp grin
R u saying lassa fever just erupted under Dis administration?....
Re: Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister by okezed: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
In the word of a wrestler by name King Barrett, "I GOT A BAD NEWS"!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traders At Onitsha Market Lament Return Of Fake Drug Cartel, Alerts NAFDAC / Betting Epidemic: Oche Otorkpa Charges FG To Place Cigarette Like Hazard Warning / COVID-19: David Hargett Is Dead! Ben Bruce's Brother In-Law Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.