Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed (1020 Views)

Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 / The Flaws Of Android Marshmallow 6.0 / List Of Phones Receiving Android Marshmallow Update This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Obinovictor(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
I was just sent a notification to upgrade my Infinix Hot 2 phone to Marshmallow. Please will my data still be intact after the update? Reasonable answers please
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
Obinovictor:
I was just sent a notification to upgrade my Infinix Hot 2 phone to Marshmallow. Please will my data still be intact after the update? Reasonable answers please

seriously undecided

the update is about 600mb...and you expect your data to be in tact?
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Obinovictor(m): 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

seriously undecided

the update is about 600mb...and you expect your data to be in tact?

Hehehehe... Not browsing data. I mean my music, videos, contacts and so on
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by aieromon(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Obinovictor:

Hehehehe... Not browsing data. I mean my music, videos, contacts and so on

Backup your data before you initiate the upgrade to be on the safe side.
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by jimohibrahim(m): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Last time I upgraded my Huawei to lollipop... I lost no data..... So don't worry
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by RandomVic(m): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
From what I know OTA's dont usually wipe data so you should be fine but hey its better to be safe than to be sorry. I'd advice you to backup every important files before proceeding!
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by otabuko(m): 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
You will not lose a single data, even your call records will be intact!
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Xion: 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
I did mine earlier today, I didn't lose any data. My issues with it is that I don't get to see Caller ID by name for incoming and outgoing calls, meanwhile my contacts are intact. Anyone experiencing the same?
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Obinovictor(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
I finally upgraded. Everything was fine until I discovered that nothing was in my phone memory but about 9gigabytes space is occupied. Any way out?

Xion RandomVic
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by RandomVic(m): 12:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Obinovictor:
I finally upgraded. Everything was fine until I discovered that nothing was in my phone memory but about 9gigabytes space is occupied. Any way out?

Xion RandomVic

This is one issue that some hot 2 users who have upgraded to Marshmallow are facing. I didn't face such when I upgraded mine even though I did it manually. You should have ignore the pop up asking you to touch to configure your internal memory or something like that, I just ignored and I also ignore the pop up about my SIM change.
You should ask around for solutions. But if you have your files backed up then its best you do a factory reset to save yourself the stress.
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Obinovictor(m): 12:52am On Jan 22, 2016
RandomVic:

This is one issue that some hot 2 users who have upgraded to Marshmallow are facing. I didn't face such when I upgraded mine even though I did it manually. You should have ignore the pop up asking you to touch to configure your internal memory or something like that, I just ignored and I also ignore the pop up about my SIM change.
You should ask around for solutions. But if you have your files backed up then its best you do a factory reset to save yourself the stress.

Thanks Bro. I guess I'll look for a way to back up messages and apps, then reset the phone
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by RandomVic(m): 1:32am On Jan 22, 2016
Obinovictor:

Thanks Bro. I guess I'll look for a way to back up messages and apps, then reset the phone

No problem. If you mean to back up apps and their data (settings, messages, passwords etc) then you have to root.
Re: Android Marshmallow Upgrade... Help Needed by Obinovictor(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2016
RandomVic:

No problem. If you mean to back up apps and their data (settings, messages, passwords etc) then you have to root.

I don't wanna root the phone

(1) (Reply)

Glo To Charge N1400 For Bb Comonth / Watch Out!!! MTN Now Zaps Data! You No Longer Get What You Buy!! / Please I Need Help With My Spectranet Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.