Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,431 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari (36196 Views)

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma / How Mikel Stopped NFF From Hijacking Dollars Given To Dream Team By Japanese Bus / Checkout The Award Given To The Man of The Match ( Hilarious Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by dustydee: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lattop:
Thank u Baba even though u never pay me my 5k monthly allowancetongue
Eyah! so you are poor and vulnerable? Don't worry it will soon get to you.
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by usibengate(m): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Fair enough
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by RickyTan: 1:25am On Jan 22, 2016
PMB - You do well as you RECOGNIZE and REWARD excellence.
Please Sir - give our youth facilities and motivation

Thank you Sir
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by biookuta(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2016
vivianblog3:
SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MOHAMMADU BUHARI PRESIDENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON THE OCCASION OF THE RECEPTION FOR NIGERIAN ATHLETES AND OFFICIALS WHO DID THE NATION PROUD AT INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS, BANQUET HALL, PRESIDENTIAL VILLA, ABUJA. JANUARY 21, 2016.

COURTESIES

It gladdens my heart to play host to our dear athletes and officials who have consistently done the nation proud at various international competitions.

Nigerian athletes, despite prevailing challenges, have always proven to the rest of the world that the Nigerian spirit is indomitable.

On behalf of all Nigerians, I wish to specially express my appreciation and indeed that of the nation to our athletes and officials for the consistency, determination, willpower and penchant for success being witnessed in the sports sector in recent times. I urge the managers of this sector to keep up the momentum.

I wish to assure you that the Federal Government of Nigeria would not relent in its efforts to ensure that our sportsmen and women continue to excel in international competitions. I am particularly concerned about our participation at the forthcoming Rio 2016 Olympic Games. We must not allow a repetition of the unsavoury experience at the London 2012 Olympics where Nigerian athletes failed to make it to the podium.

This Administration’s policy of “change” must reflect in the way we do things either as individuals or institutions. We must strive to be prudent in the way we manage our time, financial and material resources to ensure victory at the next Olympics. We must aim for optimal performance at all international competitions.

Your Excellencies, Great Nigerian Athletes, Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to remark that today’s event is very special to me because, Almighty Allah has, in His infinite mercies and love, kept me alive to this day and granted me the privilege of being able to fulfill my promise in 1985, to reward the winners of the maiden edition of the FIFA U-17 World Championship.

The reason for the 30 years delay is well known. It is however sad to note that a member of the 1985 Golden Eaglets is not here with us today. Please join me in observing a one-minute silence in honour of Kingsley Aikhionbare who died in London, in 1996.

It is a well known fact that so much water has passed under the bridge between 1985 and now. The State governments that were to implement most of the pledges to the players and officials have changed hands so many times under different dispensations and political parties.

In line with our belief that the “labour of our heroes shall not be in vain” we will be saying thank you to our 1985 Golden Eaglets’ players and officials by using the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports template for rewarding outstanding athletes.

As you are all aware, the financial resources of our nation have been dwindling since last year. Hence what we are offering you today, is not payment or compensation for winning laurels for your country, rather, it is a token of appreciation for your efforts and patriotism while competing for your fatherland.

In this connection, I have the honour, on behalf of the Government and sports loving Nigerians to announce the following as token of our appreciation to our sports ambassadors:

2015 World Wrestling Championship
Beneficiaries
Amount
Wrestler (Bronze medallist)
₦1,200,000.00
Coaches
₦600,000.00

FIBA 2015 Male Afro-Basketball Champions, D’ Tigers

Beneficiaries
Amount
Players (Gold medallists)
₦600,000.00
Coaches
₦600,000.00
Team Officials
₦250,000.00

2015 FIBA Africa U-16 Female Championship
Beneficiaries
Rate
Players (Silver medallists)
₦400,000.00
Coaches
₦400,000.00
Team Officials
₦150,000.00

2015 IPC Asian Open International Powerlifting Championship
Beneficiaries
Rate
Gold Medallists
₦600,000.00
Silver Medallists
₦450,000.00
Coaches
₦450,000.00
Team Officials
₦250,000.00

World English Language Scrabble Champion
Beneficiaries
Rate
Player (Gold Medallist)
₦1,500,000.00
Coach
₦1,200,000.00
Team Secretary
₦450,000.00

WBC Silver Cruiser Weight Title
Beneficiary
Rate
Winner (Title Holder)
₦1,500,000.00

2015 CAF U-23 Cup of Nations Champions
Beneficiaries
Rate
Players (Gold Medallists)
₦500,000.00
Head Coach
₦500,000.00
Assistant Coaches
₦300,000.00
Other Team Officials
₦300,000.00

2015 FIFA U-17 Male Football Champions
Beneficiaries
Rate
₦1,200,000.00
Head Coach
₦900,000.00
Assistant Coaches
₦600,000.00
Team Secretary
₦300,000.00
Medical Team
₦300,000.00
Other Officials
₦200,000.00

1985 FIFA U-17 Male Football Champions
Beneficiaries
Rate
₦2,000,000.00
Coaches
₦1,500,000.00

Late Aikhionbare’s Next of Kin should collect his money on behalf of his family.

Thank you all and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/buharis-list-of-token-to-sports-ambassadors-with-presidential-speech-at-the-event

Cc; lalasticlala is amazing
Baba Buhari has try sha despite d economic situation of Nigeria, I am optimistic very things shall be better by HIS grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by Phobia1: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2016
Guyman02:
Good gesture by Mr President but why would Under 17 players collect N1.2m and their coach Amuneke get less at 900k abi na because him be Omo Nna and also our senior National Basketball team who won the Afro Championship got 600k (Too much preference for footballers)

The coaches deserve more to encourage them to groom talents from scratch.
No whr in d world wud a coach get more dan d player(s). Buh from ur angle of tribalism, i get it. mumu u knw hw much ronaldo dey kolet nd hw much zidane dey colect
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by Phobia1: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2016
Lattop:
Thank u Baba even though u never pay me my 5k monthly allowancetongue
lol weyre re o. ahaha 5k kor k5 ni
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by skedy1(m): 8:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Amberon:
"list of money" undecided epic blunder
I thought I was the only one who saw that!
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by Mustay(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
vivianblog3:
Thank you Buhari , Although IGBO , But i like ur Activities

This statement is unnecessary especially someone like you that is into business. How you manage(d) to have although and but on the same line beats me wink
Re: List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari by Khez: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Where him get the money from?

Ain't we broke?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test / Ahmed Musa Celebrates His 26th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.