Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: (558 Views)

Buhari Has Failed Us, Igbos Attack Every fulani herdsmen: Ohaneze / A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image(photo) / A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: by ibagbea: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
A CLARION CALL FOR US (IGBOS) TO RESTORE OUR IMAGE:
There is a dangerous trend I have noticed in this country and I wish to appeal to all well meaning Igbo people all over the world to stand up and help to restore our image as a region. Each time I listen to Radio programs or read comments on Facebook, Twitter etc, I notice that people who appear to be defending corruption these days are mostly people from our region. We are good people and highly industrious. We were trained with high moral values, and we're taught to always conduct ourselves in ethical and professional manner. Therefore, my heart bleeds each time I see my people openly defending corruption thereby giving us bad image in the country.
Abacha's son and some of the people who served under him were incarcerated for many years, I didn't see any Northerner shout witch-hunt.... I can bet you, if IBB, Atiku etc are arrested today, no Hausa person will protest. Dasuki has been held for some months now, no northerner has openly come out to protest. Over 100 members of the Shiite group were killed last month by the Nigerian military, till date I've not heard the Hausas shouting "witch-hunt"
When OBJ was president, the people that criticized him the most were the Yorubas. He openly disgraced Tafa Balogun and some other prominent Yorubas for corruption and no yoruba person made any noise. Bode George was jailed some years ago and no Yoruba person shouted witch-hunt.... I can go on and on and on..... even recently Olu Falae was fingered in the arms deal scandal, and the Yorubas have not spared him.
But anytime GEJ's name is mentioned for the way he mismanaged our economy, my people will jump out in his defense.... when did we loose our sense of morality to this extent When did we go this low as a people Are we now proud of evil All over the world, people are held to account for their stewardship when they leave office. Because if there are no consequences for corruption then the whole world will be like a zoo. Sadly, in Nigeria we are shamelessly supporting evil and making excuse for corrupt people. People who say don't talk about GEJ or dont blame GEJ seem not to understand the dangerous path they are taking our country to. This is the first time this is happening in the history of Nigeria.... PMB can also decide to loot our treasury and go and if we protest, the northerners will say he is past we should focus on the future.... the next president will also come and loot and go and this evil trend will continue till the country will finally collapse right before us.
I know that so many people will attack me for this post, but let it be on record that I spoke out at a time like this when some people are giving our region bad image. There are times when silence is not golden. Evil thrive when good people keep silence. We are good people and we must arise to salvage our image and restore National and international trust. Nigeria is bigger than GEJ or PMB. Nigeria should be more important to us than PDP or APC. It's not compulsory for everybody in the country to support the president or party in power, but it's important to criticize objectively. Be a catalyst, not an enemy of state.
God in His infinite wisdom inspired some people to write the Bible, He didn't ask them to write about leaders who succeeded alone, He also inspired them to write about the Rulers who failed, so that we can learn from them. All over the world leaders are remembered for good or for bad. Mahatma Ghandi, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Nelson Mandela, Olusegun Obasanjo, Bill Clinton, Abacha, Martin Luther King, IBB, Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin etc have all lived and some are dead but they are all still being remembered for their successes and failures.. this is why it's important to always utilize your opportunities very well so that you will be remembered for good after you exit from office/earth. GEJ failed and he will always be on the wrong side of history (just like all our past rulers in Nigeria so no one should tell me not to talk about him anymore, because there is no future if you don't properly analyze the past and learn from it.
When a child falls down, he stands up and continue running, but when an adult falls down, he will look back and understand what made him fall and address it before taking any step further. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Let's not forget that the world is not destroyed by those who do evil, rather the world is destroyed by those who support evil....
Selah!!!!!
Re: A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: by SLYBABA(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
[b]This is the first Igbo BOY wey get sense for this forum
ENDTIME FTC
SAI BABA![/b]
Re: A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: by BaddieKay(f): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
You made some good points
Re: A Clarion Call For Us (igbos) To Restore Our Image: by dmater: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
A repeat broadcast on the same topic earlier today:

You wake up early in the morning and all that is in your mind is Igbo people and what to write against them. And your own people are barely existing and some of them depend on the same Igbo people for sustenance.

You are not concerned about the diseases, poverty and crass ignorance ravaging your people. You are not concerned about how your people allow thugs to rule over them. You do not mind that criminals are your leaders. You are not bothered much that you can wake the next day to find your community wiped out of existence by some invaders. All you and your people are bothered with is Igbo, Igbo and Igbo.

You make up essays claiming to be Igbo. To you impersonating Igbo people will go a long way in adding some credibility and spice to your fabrications. You proceed to duplicate the same post over and over again in the media because your mind tells you you have not made the desired effect with the first post. Something tells you are chasing the wind. But somehow you think your misery will go away with such desperation.

You go search for more stories of those claiming Igbo for another round of ill broadcast. Your day is just not complete without mentioning Igbo. You go to bed thinking Igbo people because they are determined to forge a future for themselves while you fear to be abandoned to your fate. The same people you do not see any good in them. The same people you spend so much resources to castigate with falsehood. The same people you assure yourselves bring no value to the system.

Your over bloated ego and myopism have not allowed you to pause and have a rethink that the same Igbo people are better of than you. You cannot dictate for another how to live when you are barely existing. Your daily vituperations against Igbo people is borne out of frustration. Your desperation is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. You need to help yourself before you wreck your life and generation.

(1) (Reply)

Oyegun Was Right! Blame God For Nigeria's Current Woes / Photo News Of Fayose And Aregbesola (PDP And APC) Hugging Each Other, Hmmmmmmmmm / Kaduna State Governor El-rufai Visits The Scene Of Kaduna Market Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.