Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34269 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by bokohalal(m): 8:13am On Jan 22, 2016
A barrel of crude oil selling at $120 under your tenure doesn't make you the best. If anything, Richard Quest should ask how she managed our unprecedented oil boom as finance minister.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by TonySpike: 8:13am On Jan 22, 2016
The best finance minister Nigeria ever had was Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Under him, Nigeria was able to save and progress during wartime. Under him, they remitted revenues accrued to former Eastern Nigeria after the war. Quote me wrong!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.
yes, charging 50 naira from bank account holders lol

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2016
mekaboy:
I know she did nothing and destroyed our economy, but I think I prefer the economy she was destroying then to what we have now.

am sorry, but you aren't making much sense.

you prefer an economy that was looted to the bone to one that is being placed on life support and being revived gradually?

I'm sure you really didn't mean that.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by anytexy: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2016
CharlyNick:
APC supporters won't like this News tongue
You mean Zombies bah?

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by emamos: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

actually only a low IQ person will be bambozzled by the supposed facts and figures which we all know were written by some yeye analyst in an office in New York, who probably doesn't even know where Nigeria is on the world map.

if she did so well why are there more Nigerian youths unemployed than ever before, so much so that even tanoids and wailers are waiting anxiously for Baba's promise of #5,000 for their jobless ass*?

if she did so well, why are we uncovering monumental corruption in almost every sector of our economy which she obviously mismanaged?

if she did so well where is the money she saved from selling crude oil at $120/barrel for years?

giving express or tacit support for evil is the same as sharing in the evil and its consequences.
valid point @ emboldened

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by wristbangle: 8:16am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:

She was trying to grow the reserves but amaechi and fashola preferred it shared

She was the brain behind the agricultural sector overhaul.

She supported the SMEs through various programs

She grew Nigeria's FDI to Africa's greatest

What exactly were you ranting about?

I guess you expected me to believe you and disregard Richard Quest. You are a joke.

I disagree with you bro.

To be candid, if NOI is still the minister of finance there is nothing she can do to increase the FDR. Remember that the country depends on oil for revenue and u know how bad oil price is in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Idrismusty97(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2016
She was unfortunate to be minister in one of the most corrupt administration in our history, she got caught up in it.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
TonySpike:
The best finance minister Nigeria ever has was Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Under him, Nigeria was able to save and prigress during wartime. Under him, they remitted revenues accrued to former Eastern Nigeria after the war. Quote me wrong!

you are absolutely and totally correct sir and I concur with you.

those were leaders. not these leaches we have now, who sucked the life blood out of our nation.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by holuphisayor(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Because, richard quest is a nigerian so he knows how okonjo handled the economy.

Trash

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by repogirl(f): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Ofcourse na! If she was in charge we would never be where we are now with confused people at the helm of affairs.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mankind05(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
how did he know, when he is not even a nigeria

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by smartwilly4eva: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.

And what are those million things. You are just complaining, come up with one out of those million things you know that can be done to make it better.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by obiaguna(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2016
NOI came up with sound policies and helped to keep the economy at a stable level at least but she is no longer there and we have to stand behind this new finance minister. I believe with time she would come through. There are many things going on in the background that we haven't heard or seen. So therefore, it would be brought to our notice in the fullness of time.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by wristbangle: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2016
TonySpike:
The best finance minister Nigeria ever has was Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Under him, Nigeria was able to save and prigress during wartime. Under him, they remitted revenues accrued to former Eastern Nigeria after the war. Quote me wrong!

U deserve a bottle of chilled sminorff cool
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Billygee2u: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2016
Pidggin:
Zombies no go laik dis news at all grin

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by walozanga(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Kikikiki..best in milking Nigeria dry......

Your drugs don finish abi?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mekaboy(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

am sorry, but you aren't making much sense.

you prefer an economy that was looted to the bone to one that is being placed on life support and being revived gradually?

I'm sure you really didn't mean that.

That economy that was looted to the bone sold oil up to $100 a barrel and drove 2015 cars and spent about 700m on feeding in aso rock.

This economy that is on life support is selling oil below $30 a barrel and want to drive 2016 prado jeeps and spend 1.7 billion feeding aso rock. Which do you prefer?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Billygee2u: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2016
funkyibodude:
Watch how APC zombies would come in here and claim that Richard Quest was bribed by some PDP elements to make that statement grin
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2016
Idrismusty97:
She was unfortunate to be minister in one of the most corrupt administration in our history, she got caught up in it.

she was a white supremacist plant and puppeteer. she was brought in to destabilize the economy of the nation, which she did perfectly well. that was why she given award and also rewarded with a job over there. go and read "the confessions of an economic hitman" and you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by lomprico(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2016
dmostcheerful:
time to wail....
oya zombies food don land.
They dont wail, they masturbate!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by buchilino(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2016
ABEG ADAMS NEVA TALK?. AM STILL WAITING 2 HEAR WETIN D ETHIOPIAN MUMU GO TALK
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by babyfaceafrica: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2016
walozanga:

Your drugs don finish abi?
run along kid..no be your mate dey here!!!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2016
So because Quest says so, we should start celebrating...
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2016
shopisky:
"Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala was the best Finance Minister Nigeria ever had" -- Richard Quest CNN. Richard Quest made this statement after an interview yesternight on Economy of Oil producing countries.
Do you believe him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexadoh/status/690091846702350336

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOIweala/status/690122592246747138

God...what is wrong with this country? ..................... so person opinion on twitter is now CNN?
I will go to twitter too... Abacha is the best president.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by walozanga(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2016
TonySpike:
The best finance minister Nigeria ever had was Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Under him, Nigeria was able to save and progress during wartime. Under him, they remitted revenues accrued to former Eastern Nigeria after the war. Quote me wrong!

Hahahhaha funny guy. Save and progress during war time. Guy shot up joor

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by chii23: 8:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Richard Quest is a liar, I hope he meant the irony of what he said.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Btruth: 8:22am On Jan 22, 2016
That was Richard Quest opinion, in my own opinion, she was the worst thing that ever happened to this country.

Quote me wrong and get lassa fever. tongue

I've always thought Richard and others at CNN are credible journalists, but since they've start displaying their folly, I now wonder why most people are ditching CNN for Aljazeera, because it's one thing to face the reality and it's another thing to be sentimental.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 22, 2016
God punish CNN
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sammylove22(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2016
True talk. Void of sentiment
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by walozanga(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
run along kid..no be your mate dey here!!!

Old man without brains run in.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:

She was trying to grow the reserves but amaechi and fashola preferred it shared

This shameless lie is stale. Prof soludo asked the witch these questions as regards the above. She never answered. She went dumb till date.

I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong. You blame the state governors— who, according to you, have taken the Federal Government to the Supreme Court—not that a Supreme Court judgment forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity. Governor Amaechi said the governors insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that you were illegally fiddling with the savings. So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money? Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors—who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the Federal Government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the Federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice. The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / Troops Storm Boko Haram Training Camp, Engage Terrorists In Shootout. Photos / Abducted Chibok Girls Feared Dead Following Military Airstrikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.