Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34285 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Orikinla(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2016
[size=18pt]She helped the white people to exploit our economy and so they are happy with her.
The investor who left Nigeria after collecting N34 billion under her watch did not invest the money in Nigeria.
How can a minister of finance be competent and the NSA Dasuki was the ATM of finance of former President Goodluck Jonathan?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by grandstar(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2016
The fact that she left a debt burden of 12% of GDP is outstanding.

Google debt burdens of the G7 countries or 10 African. burdens and you'll begin to appreciate her
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ceejay80s(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2016
funkyibodude:
Watch how APC zombies would come in here and claim that Richard Quest was bribed by some PDP elements to make that statement grin
quest kò toyota nì. He was bribed
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Billygee2u: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.
dear, those plebians. alias zombies, can't accept the truth.
can anybody give me advice on how to collect all my money that is in Nigerian Banks and bring them here overseas?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by fasusimartins(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2016
That can only be an infringement of his imagination .
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2016
mekaboy:

That economy that was looted to the bone sold oil up to $100 a barrel and drove 2015 cars and spent about 700m on feeding in aso rock.

This economy that is on life support is selling oil below $30 a barrel and want to drive 2016 prado jeeps and spend 1.7 billion feeding aso rock. Which do you prefer?

while I agree that the budget can still take more cuts to it yet I want you to understand that comparing Jonathan's budget and this budget is counter productive because most of you hardly take into consideration the fact that the naira has dropped significantly against the dollar.

the budget has not even been presented yet (I learnt the president has withdrawn it officially for amendment), yet you want to judge its performance to one that has already been executed and failed in all ramifications.

why don't you guys wait and let's see the implementation before we condemn it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ozoemenafn: 8:26am On Jan 22, 2016
Who is Soludo ? Soludo is a baby when compared with Ngozi Okonji Iweala on financial policies, management and administration. Take it or leave it the country needs someone like NOI at this critical time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 22, 2016
One million Likes.

She is an AMAZON.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by hotdi(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2016
Just reading funny comments and taking my tea.
Meanwhile, our teaming unemployed youths are still waiting for N5,000 stipend to survive after six years of her best practice. mtchew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by martineverest(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.
economy started Downturning' when she devalued the naira. Which was a means devised by imf and world bank in collaboration with NOI in killing the Nigerian economy, after realizing the fall in crude oil price
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by otokx(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2016
If its true that Richard Quest actually said this then its quite unfortunate as he is very wrong.

Time has a way of exposing people, with benefit of hindsight NOI would have left with OBJ in fact before OBJ just after paying back those debts.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by light004: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Kikikiki..best in milking Nigeria dry......

Have any allegation been proven against her? you don't insult your best, in other clime she will be adored and important national monuments named after her. It's sad that we are too blinded by hate and fear that we failed to recognize the good in ourselves and others. If she were an American or white lady, not only will her country celebrate her but the world will be at her feet.

Trust Nigerians, they will insult and call their best all manners of derogatory names while the world acknowledges and celebrate them. Tell me why won't the rest of the world see us as salvage people deserving of no mercy or kindness because our suffering is self-inflicted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by emmalexabl(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2016
IT'S AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED FACT....

IGBOS ARE THE BEST..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by hush15: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:
His opinion. But I doubt most Nigerians would agree coz under her watch an unprecedented scale of financial fraud and massive looting was perpetrated against the country. Even her own kinsman, Soludo, would disagree.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-holds-fire-but-insists-n30-trillion-plus-aus-n8-6trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html

https://www.naij.com/398365-5-truths-okonjo-iweala-doesnt-want-nigerians-to-ever-find-out.html

http://www.thescoopng.com/summary-10-accusations-soludo-made-okonjo-iweala/

Look, frankly speaking, am part of the many Nigerians who believe she was and is still the best finance Minister naija ever had yet.

Why? That's because she had the affluence and intelligence to counter the challenges of our financial management issues in Nigerian. If when she left, and everything is as it is today under Buhari, it's not because those problems weren't they but she contained the problems without blaming, blaming and blaming who and whatever. There was even surplus to share around by Dansuki, going by what this government is saying.

Rather than this government should work on generating funds to run their own government, they depending on the last administration, blaming and maiming. Thinking the wealth of the nation is based on the number of crude they sold. This even show further incompetence for them to depend on last administration whether there was surplus or excess. We have leaders in other part of the world take nations that are down to even a break even point, not to mention attain a global world status.
The best the present government can think now is to rob their own citizen through double taxation to fund the luxuries. No problem, if anybody is seeking financial assistance and I can render, the person should come to my place and collect but paying into account and they will charge me, forget it.... lol

My point is, Okonjo Iweala contributed to Nigerian economy greatly, truth be told amidst the prevailing challenges of that time compared to what we have now. Her affluence and insight helped and that still speaks for her outside government, if not it would not be so.

Hate her or like her, she is the best naija ever had yet.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by AKAKAK(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2016
ozoemenafn:
Who is Soludo ? Soludo is a baby when compared with Ngozi Okonji Iweala on financial policies, management and administration. Take it or leave it the country needs someone like NOI at this critical time.

Soluodo is a baby ke haaaaa i can't believe this even NOI herself can never call Soludo a baby in economic and policy matters
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by grandstar(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

when $1=#1 abi?

when your goddess that you worship was about to leave, $1=#230, a far cry from what she met when she got there @$1=#155

keep dreaming. your luck is about to run out.
155 to 230 is a loss of 75 within 4yrs.

In 8months under this administration, it has moved from 230 to 300 which is 70.

It never reached 230. It wad 220 st worst
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by KMJY(f): 8:32am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

I read comments like yours and am like WHAT!!! Do people actually keep their brains in their wardrobes afraid that if they use it too much the battery might go flat?

can you tell us okonjo iweala's efforts at diversifying the economy for 6years when the crude oil sold for $120@barrel?

now a minister who just got there barely six months and when the dollar is @ its lowest ever @$34/barrel is asked the same stvpid question.

I'm sorry but you really can't be well. try see your head doctor before it gets worse.
Must we argue about everything? NOI is the best period! If she were to be in the midst of the current economic downturn, she would have devised concrete solution to our economic crisis.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2016
Let give it to her, she was the best Finance minister in Africa. Against all odds, she was able to manage the economy under OBJ and GEJ despite the massive lootings that took place under these regimes. It is not easy to perform your duties in the midst of 40 thieves and come clean untainted.

I remembered vividly that during the oil boom she persistently advocated saving for the raining days, but the corrupted governors(including APC governors) moved against it and insisted that all money must be shared. Now we know better.
Is it not commendable that with all the scandals of looting flying around, she has not been indicted? She is a thorough breed, a professional to the core. If prophets are honoured in Nigeria, we will beg her to come and save our economy. But will pride allow us?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mankind05(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2016
All this white guys will just be making senseless statement about things they know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by kunlej2: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2016
All of you saying she did not fight corruption! should go and die!!! is it her duty to do that? is she the EFCC Boss? me think your Bubu should arrest and investigate the past EFCC Bosses and senior officers for not doing their job.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ngoziama: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2016
shopisky:
"Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala was the best Finance Minister Nigeria ever had" -- Richard Quest CNN. Richard Quest made this statement after an interview yesternight on Economy of Oil producing countries.
Do you believe him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexadoh/status/690091846702350336

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOIweala/status/690122592246747138

YES I BELIEVE HIM.ON POINT!

Ngo babe ride on.Even before richard said it , we had already known.Anyway thanks richard.okonjo tried alot.Apc adeosun oya on your marks lets see if you can beat her record.forget the apc propaganda gej worked with very intelligent nigerians.
See lassa fever has defeated apc.thank God gej was there when ebola came .we would have been worse than Sierra Leone.
Economy has also defeated them.

If apc goes round the world telling them they are fighting corruption then people like obama that met America almost on its knees should go look for God to complain.A party without an agenda is more dangerous than a viper.
Apc wailers fire on but I wish you and yours any evil you wish me in Jesus name.Amen

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2016
Thanks o jare egbon Quest fro re-stating the obvious. Some people will want to compare her with the current one who doesn't even know the road to her office. I repeat.. APC is the biggest fraud and scam of democratic Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by centyboy: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying.All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

was Diversification A Problem For Your Block Headed Gej When He Was A President For Six Years,whatever Nigerians Are Facing Right Now Is The Outcome Of Gej Governance,quote Me And Be A Patient At Yaba
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2016
KMJY:
Must we argue about everything? NOI is the best period! If she were to be in the midst of the current economic downturn, she would have devised concrete solution to our economic crisis.

no need to throw tantrums. just counter my arguments intelligently.

in case you don't know, she IS the cause of our current economic crisis. she and her hat wearing boss.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2016
AKAKAK:

Soluodo is a baby ke haaaaa i can't believe this even NOI herself can never call Soludo a baby in economic and policy matters

U dey mind that joke. Till date, Ngozi never dared answer the posers Soludo raised to challenge her. Ngozi is a fraud.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ril19(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2016
Flyoruboy:
His opinion. But I doubt most Nigerians would agree coz under her watch an unprecedented scale of financial fraud and massive looting was perpetrated against the country. Even her own kinsman, Soludo, would disagree.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-holds-fire-but-insists-n30-trillion-plus-aus-n8-6trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html

https://www.naij.com/398365-5-truths-okonjo-iweala-doesnt-want-nigerians-to-ever-find-out.html

http://www.thescoopng.com/summary-10-accusations-soludo-made-okonjo-iweala/

A king is not always appreciated among his people. leave sentiment aside that woman is the best. hardly any other in the history of this country with her kind of record. Soludo Is Only Displaying Envy.

6 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:36am On Jan 22, 2016
centyboy:
was Diversification A Problem For Your Block Headed Gej When He Was A President For Six Years,whatever Nigerians Are Facing Right Now Is The Outcome Of Gej Governance,quote Me And Be A Patient At Yaba
you will soon blame GEJ for your personal misfortunes. Keep blaming. The blame game is getting stale. Look for fresh excuses

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sinistermind(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2016
Whether una like am or not, she's the Best. It's only the likes of Soludo n Oby Ezekwesili that can be compared with her. If you don't like it kindly slit your wrist.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2016
solid3:
Nope, it's Henry Odein Ajumogobia.

Lies. Odein cant b cos he z a lawyer and has been in foreign ministry and a career diplomat.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mach7(m): 8:37am On Jan 22, 2016
As long as the compliment is from CNN, I have no complaint.

Same station that said Ukraine was in Pakistan.

Same station that said Hong Kong was in South America.

Same station that said Niger Republic is Nigeria.

Nonsense!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015: Witches, Wizards Endorse Goodluck Jonathan / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / Lai Mohammed Used FG’s Handle To Tweet On APC Crisis, Got Blasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.