Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday (51803 Views)

Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment / Dakadda Refinery Interview / Latest Jobs At Savannah Sugar Company Limited - Dangote Sugar Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Tundiano(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
I was invited to an interview which was held yesterday in their headquarter office. I thank God all went well not untill I was asked how much I think the company can pay me? But my response was 50k but am afraid if I have bleeped up for saying that or is it appropriate or not. I want my dear nairalanders in the house to please advice me on the implication of this pay level to ur success in getting ur desired job
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by olumzzz(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:
When next u are asked that kind of question,ensure u avoid stating an amount. You could say, "I believe that a reputable company like urs can pay me a fairly reasonable and motivating amount, which will not affect their budgeted profit". Leave the interviewer to struggle with the meaning.
Always make ur responses as short as possible
Story...u dnt knw hw many years ds guys have conducting interviews...Dem go tell u 2 leave d grammar n giv dem a figure
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by samlex21(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Please go and settle with d enemy of ur Mothers house, obviously dey don't want u to succeed in life.. Abeg 50k too small o for dangote company.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by link004: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2016
You should have told them to pay you what they pay someone employed for that position and/or level, best of luck anyway.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by bluice2(m): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2016
ucnwafor:
for an interview in diz naija, mehn u be armed robber!! Mayb u had rather start robbing the organisation olodo, jst looking @ua dp tells me dat u suppose to have encourage such a young graduate trainee

Read properly before you comment. That is a annual package and not monthly. You will be shocked to even find out some companies even pay almost that annual amt monthly. Well.....really don't fancy e-arguments so I guess am done with this convo.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by jgbemson1: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2016
u don't need to bother ur self d company have is own salary amount to b paid
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by pirazo: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2016
That you said 50k does not mean the will pay you 50k eventually if taken cos they ve their bench mark for successful candidate. Even if u say 200k does nt mean they will pay u dat amount so don't worry your head
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by chy200(f): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2016
tafrica:

Do you know about a thread officially for this opening on NL?
Some Management Trainees have been called and taken up their letters xef.
As I typed this, Executive trainees (Engineers) are having their medicals.

They said it will be in batches, so be hopeful.

BTW, did u do the test, what did u get to the last stage?
Thanks for ur response. Yes I saw the thread but I noticed that only those with science courses got msgs or responded.

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Mekzmoney(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Guy, u don't have to regret anytin.. B4 they asked, they ve knwn or fixed d salary they wud pay. They only wanted to knw if ur gonna go higher dan d stipulated salary. If u had called a higher amount than d salary budgeted for that job, they might not even call u, except u did very well in d interview..... D amount u tell them wouldn't stop them 4rm paying d salary budgeted for that role cos dia gonna pay all of u d same salary..

So chill and pray. All d best.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by klasys(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2016
They might call you later
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by scachy(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
am beginning to regret why such amount came out of my mouth

50k i's too small nah.
Or is it not a graduate level job?

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Tabiola(f): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Cutehector:
alright pls next time try thinking about that before you go for the interview. Dnt sweat it, if you are successful, dats not the amount u will be paid tho...
thats the amount she will be paid o, this big firms are evil...I remeber when my elder bro bleeped like that too, when he got a big I.T firm offer in abuja for that matter, he said 150k when people advisee he said 250 -300k, omo, na that 150 dey paud him o for a year and half plus before increasing it to 200k...well, not all organizations will do such sha
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by tafrica(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2016
chy200:

Thanks for ur response. Yes I saw the thread but I noticed that only those with science courses got msgs or responded.

Did you ever do the test and other aptitudes?
Were you ever invited after your Aug application?

Though one can't affirmatively give answers as one may not know what's really going on.

Some Management Trainees heve before now been interviewed and collected offer letters.

But they said it's batches, just remain hopeful.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by hertz9te(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:
When next u are asked that kind of question,ensure u avoid stating an amount. You could say, "I believe that a reputable company like urs can pay me a fairly reasonable and motivating amount, which will not affect their budgeted profit". Leave the interviewer to struggle with the meaning.
smart.....I like it
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Moana(f): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
I was invited to an interview which was held yesterday in their headquarter office. I thank God all went well not untill I was asked how much I think the company can pay me? But my response was 50k but am afraid if I have bleeped up for saying that or is it appropriate or not. I want my dear nairalanders in the house to please advice me on the implication of this pay level to ur success in getting ur desired job
will you be working a 15hr week or what? Why did you say that?
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by emmabest2000(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by medexico(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:

You should have done your research to know how much they pay for people in the post you applied for

if that 50k is below their pay grade, you may have a problem.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by ucnwafor(m): 11:38am On Jan 22, 2016
bluice2:

Read properly before you comment. That is a annual package and not monthly. You will be shocked to even find out some companies even pay almost that annual amt monthly. Well.....really don't fancy e-arguments so I guess am done with this convo.
But for a starter with HND business admin, who just does not know her left or right in an interview cos I wonder how she does her project and research could not defend her cv, how do u expect her annual pay roll could work out......*thinking though*
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
That is just a mere transport allowance you asked for
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Badgers14: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2016
nightmile:

I concur! But in a multinational coy , employees on same level and grade may have differences in their take home pay which could be due to your CV and what you have to offer the company but as you said there is always a baseline amount for each position.

Spot on... Pay based on experience smiley
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by SirElaw(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:
Well this answer is definitely longer than "50k".

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Cutehector(m): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Tabiola:

thats the amount she will be paid o, this big firms are evil...I remeber when my elder bro bleeped like that too, when he got a big I.T firm offer in abuja for that matter, he said 150k when people advisee he said 250 -300k, omo, na that 150 dey paud him o for a year and half plus before increasing it to 200k...well, not all organizations will do such sha
chei.. if I get an i.t job eh, I go dey call 400k up ooo.. I swear

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by anochuko01(m): 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:

are we to cram this?
I'll just tell them 600k, then they start pricing.....
mind you, I'll be TOO GOOD to be turned down.....
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:

If you get the job, simply tell them you meant 50k a week!!!
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by lomprico(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
It dosent matter "when" they take u, they will pay u d salary structure they pay staff at d level they r taking you for. Dont worry yasef.
Congrats in advance.

I know someone that mentioned 80k at an interview he went for and when they gave him his letter, his pay was 200k.

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:
N90k - N100k would have made sense too.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
lomprico:

It dosent matter "when" they take u, they will pay u d salary structure they pay staff at d level they r taking you for. Dont worry yasef.
Congrats in advance.

I know someone that mentioned 80k at an interview he went for and when they gave him his letter, his pay was 200k.
I heard Exxon-Mobil pays entry-level workers around N1million/month. If I were asked the same question in an Exxon interview, I'll say N750,000 cheesy
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by ring7(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Maybe he/she needs 50k to sort so o

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by seangy4konji: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
If God say na your job na your job...

No stress your self.
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by Onota: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
AmiLaHoit:
Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by cashful(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
MinCeteris:
You have not done anything wrong my dear.
Most organization have their established salary structure, it does not mean that any amount you quote during interview will be paid as quoted (it is still open for negotiation). If you quote higher than amount earmarked for that position and the company find you suitable and want to engage you, they will call you for further negotiation. But if you quote lower and they find you suitable, some companies will either pay you what is earmarked for that position or start you with their entry point salary. Just pray they find you suitable for the position.

I do agree with you on the above, but I have experienced something different before.

I was employed on same supervisory level with someone, and he had more years of experience than me, we both joined same time. He discovered that my salary was higher than his (tru d cashier) and complained to the HOD. Well they went to the HR, and he made the guy realise that they paid him based on what he mentioned during interview. So funny.

1 Like

Re: At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday by moshino(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
fhaty1986:

You have nothing to worry about, you may even have done yourself a big favour by not being greedy. The truth is that, they already knew what salary they'll offer you before they even advertised for the job, and asked you the question. The question was merely to make sure you're within their salary scale budget, chances are that they'll pay you more than you have asked. I pray you get the job, GOOD LUCK!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test / Nigeria Army Form Out Get It Now------ / Thread For Port Harcourt Employers Who Need Graduate Short Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.