Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos (37805 Views)

We Will Sell Attack Aircraft To Nigeria, If They Can Afford It: John Kerry / John Kerry Arrives Sokoto State / Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by LocalChamp: 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Published on January 22, 2016 by
United State Secretary of State, John Kerry has given President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption campaign drive a larger reach at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Kerry in his speech at the forum, he made reference to Buhari’s fight against corruption in Nigeria and how individuals pocketed money meant for arms deal.
“It has been reported that over 50 people including government officials stole over $9billion in Nigeria.
He added that money that was meant for arms to fight Islamist sect, Boko Haram, was pocketed by generals in the most populous black nation in the world.

“Corruption costs global economy more than a trillion dollars a year and complicates every security, diplomatic, social priority,” he said.
“In far too many countries, plain rank corruption has generated such powerful headwinds that local economies just tread water. Today, corruption has grown at an alarming pace and threatens global growth, global stability, indeed the global future.”
“There is absolutely nothing more demoralizing, disempowering to any citizen than the belief the system is rigged against them. Corruption is a radicalizer because it destroys faith in legitimate authority.”
He noted that about three trillion is lost to corruption a year.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/22/john-kerry-carries-buharis-anti-corruption-campaign-to-davos/

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by TippyTop(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Before the end of this year expect headline like:
Buhari walks on water or Buhari heals the sick in Kano

Coming to a newspaper stand near you
:
Buhari kills 50 Boko Haram members with body odour.

The propaganda is unrelenting and unending.

87 Likes 13 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Imortal001: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Sai baba is doing the right thing, but most of the people shouting witch-hunt are small witch looking at the big witch as their role model... you need to change your mentality; abi, u no believe?

257 Likes 16 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by andresia(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
And some dumb idiots are against the corruption war here in Nigeria. Sometimes, its demoralizing being a Nigerian and a sourh easterner

271 Likes 16 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lalasticlala, come a see o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by seunmsg(m): 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:
Before the end of this year expect headline like: Buhari walks on water or Buhari heals the sick in Kano

The propaganda is unrelenting chai?

Is John Kerry also part of the propaganda?

Seriously, what's wrong with some of you? World leaders are supporting the anti corruption fight of the president so that those who stole the resources meant for the development of the country can be brought to book and the stolen resources recovered and put to better use for ordinary Nigerians yet, people like you who will be the biggest beneficiary are trying to run down the presidents effort. Did you benefit a kobo from Dasukigate? See, election is long over and GEJ lost. Support the presidents effort to rid the country of corruption. People like you will be the biggest beneficiary of a corruption free Nigeria.

374 Likes 39 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by dustmalik: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:
Before the end of this year expect headline like: Buhari walks on water or Buhari heals the sick in Kano

Na so e pain you? Ntoor You never see anything yet

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by kayfra: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is a major blow to the wailers.

Cry me a river.

The world powers officially support Bubu's war. I mean they acknowledged his fight in bleeping DAVOS! The biggest global economic platform!

Huge!!!

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by TippyTop(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
seunmsg:

No but seunmsg help sell Bubu's propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by mars123(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:

Buhari is fighting, wailers are wailing...

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by TippyTop(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
themilanway:

Must you guys display your stupidity on every thread?

Smell throway

If there's anyone displaying stupidity here my guess is you my niqqa.
Accepting govt propaganda when its glaringly obvious we're being taken for a ride takes special level of stupidity to achieve.

6 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by omenka(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
seunmsg:

Seriously, what's wrong with some of you? World leaders are supporting the anti corruption fight of the president so that those who stole the resources meant for the development of the country can be brought to book and the stolen resources recovered and put to better use for ordinary Nigerians yet, people like you who will be the biggest beneficiary are trying to run down the presidents effort. Did you benefit a kobo from Dasukigate? See, election is long over and GEJ lost. Support the presidents effort to rid the country of corruption. People like you will be the biggest beneficiary of a corruption free Nigeria.
Like I said earlier today, there is something critically wrong with the mental health of some Nigerians.

These guys whom the government is after shared not even a penny to these people that have sworn to defend them with all their might. To them, Buhari's success in anything at all is taboo and must be viciously fought against. Their attitude is just like that of a mother in a polio ravaged country fighting hard to ensure her child is not immunised against the virus- it is just incomprehensible.

The anti corruption drive has been receiving accolades from well meaning Nigerians and international observers and that gives them migraines. People their social/economic class stand to benefit the most from any success recorded in the fight against corruption, yet they've sworn over their dead bodies that no progress would be made.

Buhari might as well come in, damn all established perceptions about his persona, just as Jonathan didn't give a damn, and loot the country dry like his predecessors and no one would hold him to account- yet he's chosen this path, and some still don't seem satisfied.

When Richard Quest, a mere reporter, made a statement earlier about NOI, it was celebrated for 7 pages running, it was no "propaganda". Now, one of the world's most powerful people has said his and it has suddenly become "propaganda"!

Sometimes I feel really disgusted sharing the same country with these people. I feel people with this mindset can only be found in Nigeria.

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by omenka(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

Richard Quest said his, it landed on the fp. The third most powerful person in the US has said his- I believe you know what to do.

Thanks.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by seunmsg(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:

No but seunmsg help sell Bubu's propaganda.

Everything is not propaganda and being in opposition doesn't mean you cannot reason well again. John Kerry will not raise the issue at the biggest world economic forum if it is propaganda.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by dafuturis(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
centuries to come it will be on record that president Muhammadu Buhari was Nigeria’s first real president.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by FastShipping: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
omenka:
Like I said earlier today, there is something critically wrong with the mental health of some Nigerians. These guys whom the government is after shared not even a penny to these people that have sworn to defend them with all their might. To them, Buhari's success in anything at all is taboo. Their attitude is just like that of a mother in a polio ravaged country fighting hard to ensure her child is not immunised from against the virus- it is just incomprehensible.

The anti corruption drive has been receiving accolades from well meaning Nigerians and international observers and that gives them migraines. People their social/economic class stand to benefit the most from any success recorded in the fight against corruption, yet they've sworn over their dead bodies that any progress is made.

Buhari might as well come in, damn all established perceptions about his persona, and loot the country dry like his predecessors and no one would hold him to account- yet he's chosen this path, and some still don't seem satisfied.

Sometimes I feel really disgusted sharing the same country with these people. I feel people with this mindset can only be found in Nigeria.

They are scared because Buhari is eventually coming for their "hero". The noose around their hero's neck is getting tighter by the day.

The wailing is to ensure Buhari abandons the fight against corruption. Over 70% of well meaning Nigerians are behind the fight against corruption.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
TippyTop:

If there's anyone displaying stupidity here my guess is you my niqqa.
Accepting govt propaganda when its glaringly obvious we're being taken for a ride takes special level of stupidity to achieve.
Thrash,,enemy of progress

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by DropShot: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
Another deadly blow to the wailers.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by StOla: 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
dafuturis:
centuries to come it will be on record that president Muhammadu Buhari was Nigeria’s first real president.

I concur with all my being.

Even my dic.k nods in approval.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Begonia(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
Crap!
How does this affect the average Nigerian?
Buhari can fight corruption all he wants. He should just not forget that's just one thing out of so much that he's meant to be doing.

4 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by codedslayer: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
[s][s]
TippyTop:

:

[/s][/s]

Shame uno get. Mschew

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by ccoolitempa: 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
FastShipping:

They are scared because Buhari is eventually coming for their "hero". The noose around their hero's neck is getting tighter by the day.

The wailing is to ensure Buhari abandons the fight against corruption. Over 70% of well meaning Nigerians are behind the fight against corruption.

I beg change those figs....we are looking at nothing less than 97%....the ipod youths represent the 3%... grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by porka: 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
It has been reported that over 50 people including government officials stole over $9billion in Nigeria.

So, how is John Kerry helping Buhari trace these 50 people now? How is he helping with their diligent prosecution for appropriate punishment to be met?

Why is his support based MERELY on 'reporting' what was REPORTED [in the newspapers].

The last time, his government VEHEMENTLY denied having any knowledge of any purported list of 'looters', after 'tales' were REPORTED in our media.

4 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by porka: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
dafuturis:

With budget forgery?

3 Likes

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by kennyman2000(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hmmmmm... We're getting there!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
I wonder why the PDP and APC sycophants are already up in arms against each other.

John Kerry only alluded the situation as an example of corruption, he didn't give props to Buhari neither did he shoot him down. It was just just a reference, nothing more.

All these political party jobbers sha.

I'm out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by CR77(f): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Stop just reading highlights, it saves you from talking Nonsense
TippyTop:

:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
politicians and scam
Re: John Kerry Carries Buhari’s Anti-corruption Campaign To Davos by Goke7: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
porka:

So, how is John Kerry helping Buhari trace these 50 people now? How is he helping with their diligent prosecution for appropriate punishment to be met?

Why is his support based MERELY on 'reporting' what was REPORTED [in the newspapers].

The last time, his government VEHEMENTLY denied having any knowledge of any purported list of 'looters', after 'tales' were REPORTED in our media.

You are just pained that your lies ain't selling anymore, the fight against corruption is real, only you and your pdp folks are living in denial

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / LMAO Top Funny moments During the Elections- Synord / President Buhari At The Swearing-In Of Adamu As APC National Chairman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.