Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (961796 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
The personnel of the Department of State Services (DSS), Mr. Michael Orusede, has been stabbed to death in Obanliku Local Government Area of Cross River State.

The incident occurred on Thursday in Obanliku after an unidentified gunman stabbed him when he attempted to disarm a suspected killer who was shooting sporadically.

The gunman also shot the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the Obanliku Police Division, whose name could not be ascertained.

He shot the DPO at close range before escaping from the scene of the incident.

It was gathered that the incident happened at about 5pm in Sankwala, headquarters of Obanliku LGA.

An eyewitness, who gave his name as Dennis Abasi, said the irate gunman was shooting into the air sporadically until the intervention of the deceased DSS official and DPO.

“I do not know the gunman, but we heard gun shots in the community and when we tried to find out what was happening, we discovered that someone was just shooting into the air sporadically.

“Not too long afterwards, the DSS official and the DPO, who were possibly together came to the scene.

“From a distance, there were exchange of words and the gunman dropped the gun. I am sure the DSS man had approached him to pick up the gun, but from nowhere the man brought out a dagger and immediately stabbed the DSS official in his chest.

“Within split of seconds, he again brought out another gun and shot the DPO. Shortly after doing that he ran away and somehow escaped being arrested.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, confirmed the incident, saying that the unfortunate incident possibly took the security officers unaware.

“He shot the DPO, but nothing happened to him because he was wearing a bullet proof vest. The DSS man was moving towards the gunman after he had dropped his gun. He was probably going to have a peace talk with him, but the man suddenly brought out his knife and stabbed him.

“He was said to be shooting sporadically into the air and the DPO, who was in company with the DSS man went to see what was happening and when they got there, they saw the man and tried to calm him down when the incident happened.

“There was no attack to provoke the action. Nothing happened to the DPO. The suspect ran away but efforts are on to trace him” she stated.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
Kaizer86:
The personnel of the Department of State Services (DSS), Mr. Michael Orusede, has been stabbed to death in Obanliku Local Government Area of Cross River State.

The incident occurred on Thursday in Obanliku after an unidentified gunman stabbed him when he attempted to disarm a suspected killer who was shooting sporadically.

The gunman also shot the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the Obanliku Police Division, whose name could not be ascertained.

He shot the DPO at close range before escaping from the scene of the incident.

It was gathered that the incident happened at about 5pm in Sankwala, headquarters of Obanliku LGA.

An eyewitness, who gave his name as Dennis Abasi, said the irate gunman was shooting into the air sporadically until the intervention of the deceased DSS official and DPO.

“I do not know the gunman, but we heard gun shots in the community and when we tried to find out what was happening, we discovered that someone was just shooting into the air sporadically.

“Not too long afterwards, the DSS official and the DPO, who were possibly together came to the scene.

“From a distance, there were exchange of words and the gunman dropped the gun. I am sure the DSS man had approached him to pick up the gun, but from nowhere the man brought out a dagger and immediately stabbed the DSS official in his chest.

“Within split of seconds, he again brought out another gun and shot the DPO. Shortly after doing that he ran away and somehow escaped being arrested.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, confirmed the incident, saying that the unfortunate incident possibly took the security officers unaware.

“He shot the DPO, but nothing happened to him because he was wearing a bullet proof vest. The DSS man was moving towards the gunman after he had dropped his gun. He was probably going to have a peace talk with him, but the man suddenly brought out his knife and stabbed him.

“He was said to be shooting sporadically into the air and the DPO, who was in company with the DSS man went to see what was happening and when they got there, they saw the man and tried to calm him down when the incident happened.

“There was no attack to provoke the action. Nothing happened to the DPO. The suspect ran away but efforts are on to trace him” she stated.
i know this isn't the medium for this but at least for those brothers that always ask the risks involved..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by tbanj11(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
Camp will open December... U can start counting..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Ambassador0(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
anything for us
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Ambassador0(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
coolBreaking News............ but kaizer will feed you more details later
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by jameshow: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2018
What are u guys talking about? Kaizer, you had better say something now
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Please update us guys.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Aduragbemi1988: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hope is good news my people Nobody is talking.. God should see us thru ooo...Kindly update the house.

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
Dont mess with Dss when they want you they get you...!!
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
The murderer of the personnel of the Directorate of Security Service (DSS) Mr. Michael Orusede, has been arrested by a vigilante group in Obanliku Local Government Area of Cross River State.

DAILY POST recalls that Mr. Orusede was stabbed to death while trying to disarm an irate gunman on Thursday in Sankwala, headquarters of Obanliku LGA.

It was gathered that the deceased was stabbed when he attempted to pick up a gun that was surrendered by the irate gunman who daggered him in the chest.

The gunman had also in the process shot the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the Obanliku Police Division, Mr. Effiong Okon, at close range before escaping from the scene of the incident.

On Monday, the alleged gunman who was identified as Emmanuel Kpongkpong tried to escape to Cameroon but was arrested in the Bomaji Mountain in Boki LGA.

One of the residents in Sankwala, Mr. Thomas Okwan, said that the vigilante group swung into action after their village head was arrested by the police and ordered to produce the killer.

“The suspect has been taken to the state Criminal Investigation Department in Calabar. The village head of Sankwala was arrested by the police in Obanliku Division and he was given an order to produce the gunman.

“The arrested village head directed the vigilante group, made up of youth leaders of various communities, to look for the gunman, which they did. They arrested the gunman in Bomaji Mountain while attempting to escape to Cameroon.

“The youths brought Emmanuel Kpongkpong to the police station and used him to secure the release of their village head.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, confirmed the arrest of the suspect.

“Yes, I can confirm that the killer of the DSS officer has been arrested. He was arrested on Sunday and he has been brought to Calabar. He will be charged to court very soon,” she added.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hmmmm so many messages in my mail box.. please I don't have any concrete info yet, what I have is small talk and rumours and u guys know I don't like saying what I'm not at least 80 percent sure of... Watch this space in due time guys let's b patient.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
BEVERLY HILLS, October 15, (THEWILL) – Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, former spokesperson of Department of State Services (DSS) has lost the battle to overturn her compulsory retirement as the National Industrial Court, sitting in Abuja, dismissed the suit she filed over her retirement from office in September 2015.

Delivering judgment in the suit on Monday, Justice Olufunke Anuwe held that the originating summons filed by Ogar was invalid and dead because it was filed two years and seven months after President Muhammadu Buhari approved her compulsory retirement from office.

Justice Anuwe further held that the original summons failed to disclose any reasonable cause of action neither was it served on the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), the DSS and the agency’s Director General who are the defendants in the case.

Marilyn Ogar and 44 others were demoted and compulsorily retired by the Federal Government in September 2015.

The former DSS spokesperson asked the court to nullify her retirement and reinstate her with all her ranks, salaries and benefits to the employment of the FG.

She further asked the court to set aside her purported demotion from assistant director to chief security intelligence officer.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
This motion without movement will come to an end very soon by the Grace of God.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
The Senate has approved a total sum of N53bn ‎for the Office of the National Security Adviser and security agencies to supervise the 2019 general elections.

Other beneficiaries are the Department of State Services, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigeria Police Force, and the Nigerian Immigration Service.

The approval followed the recommendation by the Senate Committee on Appropriations which report on the budget was adopted at the plenary on Tuesday.

The Senate had last week approved N189bn for the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct ‎the elections.

Details later…
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
*Police get lion share of N351billion
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA-Members of the House of Representatives at Tuesday plenary approved the N831,259,220,255.00 billion request for virement of funds made by President Muhammadu Buhari to finance of the 2019 general elections.
Essentially, the funds were to assist the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC and all relevant security agencies involved in the conduct of the forthcoming election to prepare adequately for the exercise.

Of the amount, the Nigerian Police Force, NPF, has the large chunk of N351,562,210,645.00.
Further breakdown of the funds indicated that the Independent National Electoral Commission received a total of N234,507,272,393.00; Office of the National Security Adviser, N46,948,839,426.00; Department of State Security Service N50,791,852,568.00; Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps N82,834,042,256.00 while the Nigerian Immigration Service N64,615,002,968.00.
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari on July 18, 2018 requested for virement of funds in the Appropriation Act, 2018.
Moving the motion titled “Approval of the Request for Virement of funds to Finance the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Security Agency towards the Preparation for the 2019 General Elections”, Dawaki said “The House recalls that on Wednesday, July 18,2018, a communication from the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, requesting for virement of funds in the Appropriation Act, 2018 was read at plenary;
“Notes that the request was in respect of virement of funds to finance INEC and security agencies towards the preparation for the 2019 general election for which no provisions were made in the 2018 Appropriation Act;

“Aware that the Virement has become necessary in order to appropriate funds to enable the relevant agencies commence preparation towards a free and fair election in 2019;
“Also notes that the total amount of virement being proposed for the INEC and other security agencies is N831,259,220,255.00;
“Resolves to approve the Virement of the sum of Eight Hundred and Thirty-One Billion, Two hundred and fifty-Nine million, Two hundred and twenty thousand, and two hundred and fifty-five Naira only to fund the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies towards the preparation for the 2019 general elections”.
The motion sailed through expressly without any debate on the figure when it was raised by the Chairman of Appropriation Committee, Mustapha Dawaki.
Members did not also object the figure, prompting Speaker Yakubu Dogara to hit the gavel for the adoption of the motion.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 17, 2018
Good morning. I think the coast is clear...
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by allan2: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2018
mohammedabiodun:
Good morning. I think the coast is clear...
keep on thinking
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
Lemme assure you this for the last time, as I was equally assured by SSS personel this evening:

Between weekend and next week, all the cadres will be contacted: Detective, Aso and Cadet. Let's get set for the journey to our different Camps. My next comment on Nairaland is to CONGRATULATE those that have been successfully contacted.
Save this and Mark my word!
I'm 100% sure of what I said.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Boladeyo2301: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
Rablaw:
Lemme assure you this for the last time, as I was equally assured by SSS personel this evening:

Between weekend and next week, all the cadres will be contacted: Detective, Aso and Cadet. Let's get set for the journey to our different Camps. My next comment on Nairaland is to CONGRATULATE those that have been successfully contacted.

You don come again, lolssss
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by bm25(m): 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
I'm screenshotting this.
Rablaw:

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by owenwin: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
If you need a job or you have job vacancy to post visit yahjob.com
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin
bm25:
I'm screenshotting this.
grin grin grin
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 12:52am On Oct 18, 2018
Rablaw:

lol my man
always dropping bombs at intervals . We hope you are right this time around
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 18, 2018
Rablaw:

Assurance eh eh assurance...... singing!! Another info reaching ur desk make e be true o.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2018
Lets pray for this information to be true

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2018
The fact that his desk is not involved this time around gives us hope.
Kaizer86:

Assurance eh eh assurance...... singing!! Another info reaching ur desk make e be true o.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
The good news is coming soon.
Stay tuned.
It's almost here.
Dont lose hope.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by jameshow: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2018
Jfkanweyest:
The good news is coming soon.
Stay tuned.
It's almost here.
Dont lose hope.

thanks for your words of encouragement, we need these kinds of words at this crucial time.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Ambassador0(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
we're tired of that soon soon when is that come? Ok let us pray for this weekend
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2018
Ambassador0:
we're tired of that soon soon when is that come? Ok let us pray for this weekend
relax brother.. Everything is still in place. The recruitment is still intact. The new DG just came in mid last month so relax. Some adjustments need to be made but one thing I know is that as we speak. The whole process is in motion.
Just hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2018
Heard a certain Mr D stole cash from a certain agency, recruitment cash inclusive. Hence why recruitment is being delayed they trying to source out cash for that purpose.. and no fear becos this man and Mr D are buddies so they won't cancel recruitment cos any thing they wanna. Play had already been played... And a certain Mr D is still in control of the erm erm from where ever he is, this one is just de face the brain is still Mr D... That's the country we live in... angry

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 20, 2018
CAS reaffirms commitment to reposition Nigerian Air Force
Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Direct Short Services Cadets (DSSC) Nationwide Recruitment 2018 – The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), invites application from suitable qualified graduates and post graduates for training as:

Job Title: Direct Short Services Cadet

Eligibility

All applicants must be Nigerians, not less than 1.66m tall for male and not less than 1.63m tall for female.
Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years by 30 September, 2019 (22-35 for Consultants).
Qualifications
Interested applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree with second class Upper division or HND with Upper credit in the following fields:

Engineering: Software, Network, Computer, Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical, Satellite Communication, Satellite Control, Satellite Ground Station, Telecommunications, Aerospace & Aeronautical. Database/Network Administration, Web Developing, Network & Cyber Security, IT Robotics, GISfRemote Sensing, Satellite Image Analyst, Data Telecommunication, Intelligence and Security Studies.
Geography, Cartography, Astronomy, Cosmology, MET, ATCO and Fire, Chemistry, Statistics/Record Analyst, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Nutrition, Lab Tech.
Medical Consultants: General Surgeons, Physicians, Pediatricians, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Anaesthetists, Nursing, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Dental Techs/Therapists, Dietetics, Medical Laboratory, Medical Records, Optometry, Preventive Health, Clinical Psychology, Radiography, Physical & Health, Health Education & Human Kinetics, Vet Medicine.
Accounting, Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Television and Film Production, History, Economics, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Business Management, Music/Instrument Technology, Arts, Sports, Theology, Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Law: Criminal, Constitutional, Procurement, Land and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Languages: French, German, Russian, Mandarin and Arabic.
Guidelines/General Information to Candidates

Applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree with second class Upper division or HND with Upper Credit.
Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
Male applicants must not be less than 1.66 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.63 meters tall.
Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years by 30 September 2019 (22-35 for Consultants). Any age declaration done earlier than 5 years to this exercise will not be acceptable.
Applicants are to make a choice from the centers below for the Zonal Enlistment Exercise:
Nigerian Air Force Base, Makurdi.
303 MAG – Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin.
Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
155 Nigerian Air Force Base, Enugu.
115 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port-Harcourt.
107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
403 Flying Training School, Kano.
105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
209 Quick Response Group, Ipetu-Ijesha.
119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
103 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola.
451 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
251 Nigerian Air Force Base, Bauchi.
351 Nigerian Air Force Base, Minna.
Interested applicants are to apply free of charge online
NAF online Registration and all other enlistment processes are free of charge and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
Zonal Enlistment Exercise will hold from 7 – 21 December 2018.
Shortlisted Applicants are to bring the following to the Zonal Enlistment Centers:
Birth Certificate
Originals of Education Certificates and NYSC Discharge Certificate
Letter of Attestation of Good Character
Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form
Attestation of Local Government Area Form
Acknowledgment Card
Writing Materials (for aptitude test).
Applicants are warned against giving false information as information supplied will be used to evaluate your suitability for shortlisting at any particular stage. Any false information discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification of the applicant.
Applicants are to print out the underlisted documents after completion of application online:
Attestation Form
Acknowledgment Card
Serving Military personnel are to note that documents listed in a-b above are not applicable to them, however the special attestation form is to be filled by their current Unit Commander.
Applicant’s local Government attestation form must be signed by a military officer who hails from the state of the applicant and not below the rank of Wing Commander or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police and above. Local Government Chairman/Secretary, Magistrates and Principals of government Additionally, applicants are to bring with them Local Government Indigeneship certificate from their Local Government.
Photocopies of all documents and credentials will be collected from applicants after screening during the Zonal Enlistment Exercise and Interview.
Note

For Technical Support, please call: 09064145533, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or via email: careers@airforce.mil.ng.
All phone lines are available between 8:30am and 5:30pm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (325) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.