Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 AM

How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar (894 Views)

The Day I Almost Died After Checking My Girlfriend’s Phone”- A True Life Story / Sugar Daddy / How I was Scammed by Facebook Sugar Mummy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by Jackter101(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
This happened to me some years back. I was in the boarding house at one of the federal Government colleges in Nigeria. Your boy was in J.S.S. 1 then and had started learning the paramilitary ways of the school.

One night, we (JSS 1 students) just got back to our hostel (Dormitory) from night prep and the “deputy head boy” as it was usually called, summoned all the JSS 1 students to the quadrangle. This is a square space left in the middle of our dormitory. He then announced ” J.S.S 1 boys, I want to study tonight, and so I need all of you to go straight into your rooms and jump on your beds. I don’t want to hear a sound from your rooms, do you understand?”, we all yelled, “Yes sir”. I know by now, those of you who never went to a Federal government boarding school in Nigeria are wondering what this boy is talking about. Let me just briefly explain to you. In our school then, senior students were gods. They had all the power over a junior student, not to talk of a prefect who is backed up by the school authority to deal with junior students at his discretion. This was the school culture and it was passed on from one set to the other just like a legacy is passed down from one generation to the other.

Back to my story, he dismissed us, and we all ran to our rooms and jumped on our beds as instructed. Few minutes later, students started coming down from their beds, some to get provision from their boxes, while others just wanted to gist with their friends. I laid on my bed in full obedience not wanting the wrath of the deputy head boy. Suddenly, a voice came from the window, my bed was right by the window, and anyone outside could see me through the window (of course our windows had no nets). “Please junior”, he said, “please give me 4 cubes of sugar”, I was like “wtf” in my mind, I replied,”I am sorry, senior, I can’t give you, because the deputy head boy said no one should leave their beds”. Just to clarify this senior was in SS 1, and the deputy head boy was in S.S 3, so automatically, he should respect the deputy head boy’s orders. But this boy was not having any of that, he continued to beg me. “Please junior boy”, He said, “I beg you in the name of God, I am starving, just 4 cubes to soak my garri, and I will be grateful”, I still maintained my stand, and said I couldn’t leave my bed. Then he looked around and saw a locker with my last name inscribed on it. I know you are wondering if we were actually students or prisoners with names on our items. Well, don’t think too far, It was common practice.

He then said something that caught my attention. “Are you not Showie’s brother”, Showie was in S.S.1 too and this guy knew him. I replied,”yes, why?” , He continued, “abeg now, Showie brother, I sabi your brother, he is a nice guy. Please help me, I am starving”. At this point I was touched and decided to help him. I got down from my bed and went to where my box was kept. It was in a closet built at the end of the room. So I was quite far from my bed and corner. Immediately I succeeded in opening my box, guess what? The deputy head boy entered my room, and students scampered avoiding being caught. I jumped down from the closet and ran. I was faster than my legs. I ran into my corner and instead of jumping on my bed, I rolled under my bed and to the next bed. So that if he even saw me, he wouldn’t be able to figure out I was under 1 bed away.

The deputy head boy then came to my corner, I could see his legs, and I held my breath, and prayed not to be caught. He said, “I thought I saw a junior boy, run into this corner”. Nobody answered him. After like 10 seconds, He decided to leave. As he turned back to leave, the boy I was hiding underneath his bed just said, “He is here”, pulling his mattress up simultaneously. I almost died. I wished the ground could open and swallow me. My cover was blown, not just blown, it was blown by the guy who slept at the bed next to mine, at this moment, the senior who was begging for 4 cubes of sugar was nowhere to be found.

The furious deputy head boy, yelled, “Are you a bastard?”, I was here asking and you could not come out. I froze, as he dazed me with multiple slaps, at this moment I saw stars, my vision went blue as I tried to block the remaining slaps. Then he told me to touch my toes and went to get 3 pieces of dry sticks (canes) and instructed me to hold the edge of the bunk and shoot my bum out. Mind you I was only wearing a boxer short made of cotton.

He flogged me 56 strokes in total, as he told me he was going to 18, and 1 out of the 18 would be one stroke at the back of my leg, one at the back of my head, and the last on my buttocks. He went on and I cried uncontrollably. At a point I couldn’t find the tears anymore, my voice was lost and after he got to 56, I went to bed with my bum as red as the heated charcoal used for roasting corn.

Source:http://naijavariety.com/2016/01/15/how-i-almost-died-because-of-4-cubes-of-sugar/
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by Theyveedo(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
B
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lolzzzz..... i can picture the scene...... i was a demi god in SS3..... I was brutall.... infact the most feared and respcted.

I rep FGCWARRI
Set014
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by saraphina(f): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
That was funny dude..Did u offend d guy dat exposed you?
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by Jackter101(m): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
saraphina:
That was funny dude..Did u offend d guy dat exposed you?

I tire o. In fact, I still do not fully like him till date because of that
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by saraphina(f): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jackter101:

I tire o. In fact, I still do not fully like him till date because of that
you have to forgive him now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by otipoju(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
I remember the day Mr Attah nearly flogged me to death in JSS 2 because I did not attend Sunday mass.

Senior Gabriel had found me in my hideout in the cieling of of the classrooms in JSS 3 block. Someone had stolen the whites that I was meant to wear to church that morning and not having them was a sure banker for being cained.

After Gabriel had given me over ten slaps he handed me over to Mr Attah who finished me off. After 36 strokes on my back I lost count....I was just 11 years old.
Re: How I Almost Died Because Of 4 Cubes Of Sugar by Jackter101(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Haha, Senior Gabriel cast you. Hope you never see Gabriel since you left school

(1) (Reply)

My Predicament / Sweet Melody Of Love / The Real Bad Guyz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.