Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE (53727 Views)

Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by emamos: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in Nigeria. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jor.
well said
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by CharleyCharley: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
Dullard. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari keeps portraying himself as one who is running a punitive, sectional government.
Anger and vindictiveness can never experience creativity.

What effect can the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola, et al make in a government whose president understands very little of current dynamics but listens to no one other than the decisions of the Northern Elders Forum?

Wow. ..are you now officially a wailer?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by yjgm(m): 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
A decisive president I must say. He knows his onions well. I salute presido.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Chanchit: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2016
Observation mode.
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Johnnoo(m): 8:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Vendetta

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by leke12(m): 8:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Buhari is obsessed with getting back our stolen money!
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Emekamex(m): 8:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Buhari has dictatorship imbibed in his DNA.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by chrysso83(m): 8:10am On Jan 23, 2016
T
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by kaziblake(f): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2016
Buhari Pls listen to advice's,dont take decision's yourself.

Buhari I need change.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by searay2(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2016
You voted for change? You've got it

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by chronique(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2016
The honorable thing for those ministers to do is to resign if he will not listen to them. Why give a person a job to do,and still turn down their opinions(on a field that they have better knowledge than you)?

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by francizy(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
Etizz:
Trust me when I say he has some particular ministers he can't threaten

Namely??

Amaechi?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by cococandy(f): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
He's always wanted to run a one-man show

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by la1(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
what were the contents of the bilateral trade agreements? how were they detrimental to the overall well-being of Nigeria? surely the agenda and premise of the bilateral trade and security discussions must have been clearly outlined between both parties well ahead of the signing ceremony in Dubai.. in any-case we need alot more information on this .

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by DropShot: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari should listen to good advice abeg. There is more to governance than the repatriation of stolen funds and jailing criminals.
His ill-advised (and unnecessary) delay in making key appointments is part of what led to the mess we're currently experiencing in this country.

As much as the war on corruption should be sustained, the president need not make it his own personal priority. There are lots of government agencies with competent hands to do that, with full presidential backing.
From this article, what specific reasons did you read that were given by Adeosun and Udoma for their position?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by dizly: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
I wonder what we are giving out in return. I hope he's making the right decision and not acting in desperation and sell us out. Abeg ooh we all know how this arabians can be. May God help us

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by EdCure: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2016
dearpreye:
I am not, and will never be!

Some of the president's decisions are very suffocating to national interest.

National interest supercedes sectional obligations. It must always take precedence in governance.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Parcks(m): 8:15am On Jan 23, 2016
Wisdom demands that when signing treatise and bilateral agreements, you must ask questions such as 'what is in it for me?" and " am i giving up too much in the long run?" These nations do not sign document that will not be of much more benefits to them. I think the president should know this and tread carefully. He should not sabotage the future of Nigeria for his short term goals.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by francizy(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
dearpreye:

When I saw his moniker, I was waiting for him to blame GEJ but to my greatest surprise he blamed Buhari. Omo, Buhari wants his government to go down in history as the most clueless, vindictive useless and directionless government and will also serve as a reference point to how low Nigeria sunk. Every other leader before him will thank God they outclassed him while those after him will never pray to fall to his level...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by DropShot: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari keeps portraying himself as one who is running a punitive, sectional government.
Anger and vindictiveness can never experience creativity.

What effect can the likes of Osinbajo, Fashola, et al make in a government whose president understands very little of current dynamics but listens to no one other than the decisions of the Northern Elders Forum?
Has PMB's fight on corruption caught someone known to you? If not, why are you sounding so pained without even addressing the topic?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by signz: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in Nigeria. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jor.

That depends on the contents of the agreements. Adeosun and Udoma are professionals nah. Maybe they felt the contents are not favourable to Nigeria.

Buhari is neither a financial person like Adeosun nor a seasoned Lawyer like Udoma. Buhari must learn to listen to sound advises

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by 1freshdude: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
This cost was brought upon us by PDP!
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
harmless011:

Where you there to know that those ministers did not offer explanation on why they think signing the agreement as drafted is not in the best interest of Nigeria, this blind support ought to stop.
Governance is not a one man thing president buhari should learn to listen to opposing views, that is hallmark of a statesman.
so what were their reasons?
Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Ugonnax: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
Etizz:
Trust me when I say he has some particular ministers he can't threaten

He can never threaten the Lion of Ubina...Ameachi.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 23, 2016
Buhari should loosen up

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by northvietnam(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2016
Make I On my 72 D

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by ceejay80s(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2016
EdCure:
Buhari should listen to good advice abeg. There is more to governance than the repatriation of stolen funds and jailing criminals.
His ill-advised (and unnecessary) delay in making key appointments is part of what led to the mess we're currently experiencing in this country.

As much as the war on corruption should be sustained, the president need not make it his own personal priority. There are lots of government agencies with competent hands to do that, with full presidential backing.
either u or ur families are the ones stealing our money

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by eph12(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Adeosun has been in the news for negative reasons since she became minister. If she feel she's sidelined or not allowed to do her job she should honorably resign. If she remains there and things get worse she will get more sticks than Buhari especially from APC camp.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by wadetaw202: 8:21am On Jan 23, 2016
lofty900:
As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with signing the trade agreements if it will help bring back our stolen funds and fight terrorism in Nigeria. The ministers advising him did not even give any reason to back up their claims that it would not be in our interests. I support bubu jo
r.

Did you just say they didn't give reason? It is obvious you didn't read the post.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE by trillville(m): 8:22am On Jan 23, 2016
I fully support Buhari on his mission and agenda to fight corruption to a stand still no matter in short term costs to our economy. We are nation moving without direction, with no plans and no agendas.

Whatever we want to achieve will always be messed up by a greedy few. We must severely punish government officials that have robbed us blind.

After we destroy the morale of the thieves, we can pick up our economy and let it function as it would in a normal environment.

One thing at a time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Scholar Preaches To Soldiers With Two AK-47 Rifles By His Side. Photos / Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.