Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 (55762 Views)

Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by semitunde: 6:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
otokx:

Louis Van Gaal is a foreign coach, we have good home grown coaches in Nigeria.

True. And if you can lambasted LVG who has won champions league and many league trophies. Why not be patient with oliseh.

This days, nothing is sure in football. The basics is to know how to plan matches tactically, this is the part our coaches are deficient in. Else there won't be any never for foreign coaches.

See. Inspire of the fact that Niger lost to us and Tunisia, I still like the fact that the coach could pull off a high defence line with us, keeping us offside several times. The fact that the players could also carry it out is kudos to the team. It was a bold move by the coach and we could easily see that it was exclusively the coach's instruction. I don't just get the feeling of players carrying out coaches instruction from our local coaches when the team plays. Most players just play to their strength and things crumble when under pressure- cause there isn't much tactical input/plan from the bench.

The input is the least a foreign coach should give us. Even if he fails in all else.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Finally, someone who speaks "English".......#smiles

Someone get this Gentleman a cup of good wine.

Oliseh talks too much INDEED

I also disliked Keshi towards his last days as Eagles coach BUT TRUTH BE TOLD.

Keshi remains the SECOND BEST AND SECOND MOST SUCCESSFUL COACH IN NIGERIA'S SOCCER HISTORY @ SENIOR LEVEL. If anyone disagrees with this..... That person must have amnesia.

Keshi even achieved his in record time compared to Nigeria's best ever, Westerhof.

Goke7:

A coach that got to the world cup second round is useless? I get u, some of you folks thought oliseh was a better option but alas he don fall una hand so why drag keshi into it? If keshi who won a bronze in this same tournament is a mediocre, so what do we call oliseh? Truth be told diference btw olisen and keshi is maturity and experience. Oliseh talks too much.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by khalids: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Its great seeing a lot of football analysts, likes of Phil Neville, Thierry Henry, Oliseh etc going into coaching. At least when they all go back to their analyst jobs they will remember their experiences has coaches and perhaps think twice before giving out harsh criticism....Its not easy coaching a team, even the best coaches don't find it easy even when they have the best players in the world.....

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by kenny905(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
fF01:

oh! not again! hu b dis 1??
na me....from the northeastern part of Nigeria
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
jaez:

I get am b4 no b property...wats d use of deir 'were gud' for us now?...dem no qualify frm group stage u dey talk say dey were gud...what's ur definition of gud sef?:\
Niger were bad but not nigeria. That is my definition of good. All of them couldn't qualify. It was close.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by lawrenzojacuzzi(m): 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
How can they win, when pinnick single handedly sacked keshi and picked Oliseh who doesn't know anything about coaching job. Who is now fooling who?

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by chukkiephil(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
Buhari should probe oliseh period!!!!! angry
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Finally, someone who speaks "English".......#smiles

Someone get this Gentleman a cup of good wine.

Oliseh talks too much INDEED

I also disliked Keshi towards his last days as Eagles coach BUT TRUTH BE TOLD.

Keshi remains the SECOND BEST AND SECOND MOST SUCCESSFUL COACH IN NIGERIA'S SOCCER HISTORY @ SENIOR LEVEL. If anyone disagrees with this..... That person must have amnesia.

Keshi even achieved his in record time compared to Nigeria's best ever, Westerhof.

You miss one big fact. Coach Keshi was without a contract in his last days. The NFF refused to renew his contract after he took us to the second round of the World Cup.

There was no way the results would be the same.

2 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by DrinkWater10: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
chrisifeanyi:

*+*k,,,, can I buy you a beer?
Please do. You are a cold blooded punter-no unnecessary sentiments...i didnt see that comming. You for tell me make i drop acct number nah...lol
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Yeah..... True that is...

The "uncertainties" surrounding his job threw spanners into his works. #BlastFromThePast

Now we have to make do with Oliseh... I just hope all of these end well. I don't want Oliseh spoiling or tampering with the possibility of a mighty generation of super young players fast rising to become Nigeria's next "Super" Golden Generation in the footsteps of the 90s' (1990-2000).

Next assignment is the Egypt double-header, Oliseh should please not mess it up.

TheGoodJoe:

You miss one big fact. Coach Keshi was without a contract in his last days. The NFF refused to renew his contract after he took us to the second round of the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by wayodude(m): 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Yes he may come across as more articulate than your typical Naija coach BUT I maintain, Mr Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh is a false Prophet.

Take my words to the bank.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by legba1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
I beg are they out, wetin niger and Tunisia play?
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by cana882(m): 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
semitunde:

I saw that too, besides all the other time wasting tactics the guinea guys used.

Thing is, we don't have leaders in that tea. Someone that reminds the referee of incidences by the opposing team. There were many tackles that for a good team, one Guinean would have gotten a red if well played. The first guy that got the yellow should have been targeted and made to commit more fouls so as to draw the second card from him.

Also we don't know how to fall when tackled. Our falls are usually unconvincing and would take a great referee who isnt bought by body movements to get a fair whistle. That's why many Arab countries that get away with diving here usually end up underperforming if they go to Europe.

If mourinho himself coached this game, they would gave been under more pressure, committed more mistakes and genraly would have player more poorly.

Apart from the obvious technical and physical deficiencies, most of our players are mentally weak.
well said bro.. weak team with no leader. I was surprised how the Nigerian players were so cool about everything. Poor!

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by cana882(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
legba1:
I beg are they out, wetin niger and Tunisia play?
Niger 0-5 Tunisia
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Goke7: 7:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Keshi was sabotaged by the nff in collaboration with the brown envelope sports journalists who kept telling us how bad keshi was. Keshi deserved a four year contract after the world cup.

I just hope the oliseh experiment won't cost us another afcon ticket. The matches against Egypt in march is key cos that is all is left for oliseh to prove his credentials. He can't afford to fail. Nigerians may pardon him now but by march, na oliseh go beg for amnesty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by kenzysmith: 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Arsenate:
the ref is the biggest joke of the game..
nigerians una non dey shame na so so refree una dey blame
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by akanbiaa(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Match don end,why would Nigeria qualify when we have a clueless Govt
The same clueless Government that won U17 world cup and under 23 African Cup?

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
Goke7:

Keshi was sabotaged by the nff in collaboration with the brown envelope sports journalists who kept telling us how bad keshi was. Keshi deserved a four year contract after the world cup.

I just hope the oliseh experiment won't cost us another afcon ticket. The matches against Egypt in march is key cos that is all is left for oliseh to prove his credentials. He can't afford to fail. Nigerians may pardon him now but by march, na oliseh go beg for amnesty.

I agree with you. The media were the worst offenders. They were the ones to educate the public on the true state of things. The media screamed Coach Keshi is bad, bad, bad. Neglecting that he worked under harsh conditions.
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by poterico: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can the person, Keshi who won the Bronze of a tournament be worse than a person who went out first round.

Keshi was doing well in bad conditions.
His players went a long time without Bonuses, the NFF wanted him out and owed him repeatedly.
Keshi coached without a contract when we did not qualify for the AFCON.
His assistant who won the AFCON got the sack letter.
The NFF specifically told Coach Keshi to stop using home based players who Coach Keshi preferred to work with to boost his selections.

After all these, you guys will call him mediocre.

I still maintain Keshi is the best coach Nigeria ever had (Bonfere and Westerhof inclusive) - he had no extraordinarily skilled player, no funds and no support from Nigerians/NFF yet he delivered 1 AFCON cup, 1 CHAN bronze and got to the 2nd round of the World Cup.

When it comes to football, Nigerians are unrealistic in their expectations.

6 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by damosky12(m): 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
poterico:

I still maintain Keshi is the best coach Nigeria ever had (Bonfere and Westerhof inclusive) - he had no extraordinarily skilled player, no funds and no support from Nigerians/NFF yet he delivered 1 AFCON cup, 1 CHAN bronze and got to the 2nd round of the World Cup.

When it comes to football, Nigerians are unrealistic in their expectations.

Why is it so hard for many Nigerians to grasp this? It's evident enough.

5 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by shizzy7(f): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
robosky02:

TheSuperNerd
Optional1
Midehi2
Blueto
Nerdfrost
Femi4
Shizzy7
mikron,
cruzita,
safarigirl

lets go there.....
Roboski...how are you? You see these your boys don Bleep up.........Na Guinea then dey follow struggle....
Now I think I can play football better than our ordinary chickens...

What the heck is Oliseh still waiting for He should tell Nigerians what he has achieved since he became the coach......

2 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by shanktang(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
Brimmie:

Stop celebrating mediocrity. Keshi is as useless as Oliseh.. In fact he's worse!

Yes you're very right he's worse with a bronze in this same tournament and a gold at the other
LoL

2 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by HIPROFILE(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Very easy to sit back and analyze others... can still remember how this dude called olisa waps mouth on super sport against Steven keshis approach
he continued until he successfully talked the job his way what do we have a team lacking in all ramification

hate when some people talk down on other persons progress or shortcomings as if they're potentially created to do more perfectly.

Em sure keshi would've laughed off his ass. where he is now.

3 Likes

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Marvel1206: 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
Naija don loose grin
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by barajo1(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2016
chrisifeanyi:
even the referee no try. Wasted a lot of time and no much extra time to compensate.
they played for 90 minutes they didn't score, is it 2 or 3 mins extra time that will bring the goal? Ref blow ur whistle jor

1 Like

Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 27, 2016
midehi2:
choi....WTF!

naija pls na
Hey dear! Check your mail. Cheers!
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2016
KingTom:

Baba I'm shaking o shocked dem fit win us

see what your shaking don cos lol
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by midehi2(f): 10:47am On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
Hey dear! Check your mail. Cheers!
ok sweerie cool
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
midehi2:

ok sweerie cool

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by midehi2(f): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nubian113:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
bae....he is my one and only boo, the honey in my tea cheesy
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by KingTom(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
robosky02:

see what your shaking don cos lol
no be me o grin
Re: CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 by Dedetwo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
Besides being a zoo, Nigeria is also never-do-good country. When you have a dude without cultural roots as a coach, failure becomes the order of the day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pay Me As High As Messi Or I Leave, Ronaldo Tells Madrid’s Bosses / Keshi: Nigerian Government Vs South African FG. Who Did It Better? See Photos / Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.