Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion (1840 Views)

Bad Condition Of Health Clinic In Ipokia LGA In Ogun (Photos) / Maggots Coming Out From A Woman's Head (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by viviangist6: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Narrated By George Onmonya Daniel

Sometime in the third quarter of last year my father fell seriously ill and was rushed to General Hospital Oturkpo, the heartland of Idoma land. We asked that he be taken to Abuja or Jos immediately but we were told that he could not travel. So I rushed home to Oturkpo.

The first thing that hit me when I entered the Oturkpo General hospital where my dad was admitted was the stench. My sister who was there several days before we arrived was seriously mad. I know her being hygiene freak complains about little things but her hysteria told me this must be serious. When she showed me why she had insisted father be taken to Abuja or Jos, I understood immediately. How can a hospital be this unkept and you expect anything serious there? I was devastated but father could not travel, he was frail and weak doctors advised us that he couldn't make it. About a month after I reported this story and it went viral my dad died in a private hospital in Oturkpo, Benue State.

This is the circumstances that took me to General Hospital Oturkpo, if not I wouldn't have gone there and this story would have never been reported. Anyway, somehow someone posted my story on Twitter and I saw it on Linda Ikeji. The story went viral immediately I punched the sent button on my phone.

As my dad laid in the morgue, I went back to look up the pit toilet in Oturkpo General hospital and found out that instead of fix them they locked three of them up and one was being in use. I reported the story again.

Since then what have the Idoma people done about this? Nothing. I EXPECT they would bring it to the attention of their politicians and wealthy Idoma people and let them take the message to the governor of Benue State but they didn't. The fact is that in Idoma land everybody is on their own, fighting for their own interests instead of the interests of the generality of the people. What have we as individual done about the Oturkpo General Hospital story? I expect Idomas to take the streets of Oturkpo and Makurdi and protest against the State Government. What happened? Nothing.

Now you people are looking for someone to blame. I didn't report the story to blame anyone, I reported the story to draw the attention of government to it, to draw Idoma attention to it so that they pile up pressure on the government to fix it.

As enlightened as we are in Idoma land we allow the state government to do whatever the state government wants and get away with it. We just stay and whine about marginalization. We are not even united at all. Our leaders are bunch of greedy people who are all for their interests, we too are like them. That we are the way we are and what we are is our making. We shouldn't go about looking for who to blame.

And please stop blaming Senator David Mark for this and that. After this story was reported, did any of you bring it to his attention? Ok, what about the other very rich Idoma men and women? Did you bring it to their attention? You wouldn't see them in Oturkpo General Hospital because they can afford the best of treatments anywhere in the world. If not that my dad wasn't about to travel you and ended up there you would not definitely see me at General Hospital Oturkpo.

If Idomas want something done, we have to stand and tell the government to do it. We must be united. We must take our problem to people who matter and not just cowardly keep quiet when it matters and whine because whining is easy.

Photos Below.

Report By http://www.viviangist.com/general-hospital-otukpo-benue-state-in-bad-condition-photos

Having Any Problem with your area , just mail me today Viviangist.com@gmail.com
Nigeria Must be better by the help of God.

Cc; lalasticlala , Help out , Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by viviangist6: 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
More @ lalasticlala

Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by LordMecuzy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by LRNZH(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
This is in David Mark's home town. One of the silent but major yam eaters.

In fact, for an Idoma man/woman to vote David Mark again, the law of natural selection is too slow to take him/her out of the equation of life.

What wickedness is this? A prominent politician like David Mark who has been ubiquitous with Nigerian rulership from Military to Civilian era cannot call the attention of relevant authorities to bring some decency to the infrastructural state of his home town.

Shame is an understatement. cry
Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by MrSegunAdewole: 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
you mean general disease inhaling centre otukpo

grin

Buhari sef angry

emi omo odua cool
Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by baby124: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
My God. These poor people will come out with something worse than they were admitted for. Is this not David Mark's hometown. The guy has been in government since the end of military regime and even during military regime. I think government officials should be banned from seeking medical care abroad and sending their kids to school abroad.
Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by Pavore9: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
And David Mark has represented this area for 16yrs, 8 of which as the Senate President! angry
Re: General Hospital Otukpo Benue State In Bad Condition - Viewers Discretion by olulodun: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
imagine the home of 16 years Senate President

(1) (Reply)

Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. / UCH Doctors/murderers: My Mother's Life At Stake / Who Knows A Dr. Wale Or Any Confirmed Herbs That Cures Staphylococcus Aureus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.