Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement (981 Views)

CJTF Members Who Died As Boko Haram Attacked NNPC Workers (Photos) / Dayo Adeleke’s Fiance Tolu Osinowo Pens Tribute: ‘You Were A Proverbs 31 Woman' / Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ikem Okuhu , The man who rewarded the honest airport worker that returned 17 Million has penned a tribute to his cousin who died as a result of embezzlement of funds allocated to The Nigerian Army to fight Boko Haram

Here are his words :

This young man was a third cousin of mine.

His name, Uchenna Agbo.

His friends called him EPELINGO.

After secondary school, he elected to serve in the army.

He was posted to fight Boko Haram in Borno State.

Epelingo had no access to sophisticated weapons.

But he kept telling our people he was committed to fighting the war till it ends.

At the time, Olisa Metuh and Dasuki plus Anenih and Jim Nwobodo et al, were sharing the money voted to equip him so he can succeed in liberating that beleaguered corner of his fatherland.

One day, his troop was overwhelmed by the superior firepower of Boko Haram.

Uchenna died.

His ageing mother is still mourning.

So is his only brother, Nnaemeka and a host of us who are his relations.

But Olisa Metuh is alive and well

Fighting for how he is going to NOT pay his share of the blood money.

And fellows are here screaming human rights and protesting that Metuh was placed on handcuffs.

I used to chat with Uchenna at least once a week here on Facebook.

I will never get to do that.

You see why I am angry?

I will give 5000 handcuffs to have this my brother back!!!!!
Source © http://starttells.com/2016/01/23/man-recalls-how-his-cousin-who-is-a-soldier-died-as-a-result-of-corruption/

1 Like

Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by CharlyNick: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
RIP to the gallant soldier
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by doctokwus: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blood money! It never ends well for those that benefit from it,even in nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
wEsOmE:
rip.. sorry for dying for d zoo.... or next world u shall b born a Biafran... Nd den shall u enjoy d best.. sleep well..
This is the height of insensitivity

2 Likes

Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by SkyBlue1: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
And there are people who still believe Nigeria was better off under PDP. The human cost of state sponsored corruption in Nigeria is unknowable and unquantifiable . . .

1 Like

Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by mascot87(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by Marvel1206: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
sad
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by LordMecuzy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Continue to Rest Nwannem.....
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by LRNZH(m): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
God gives and takes.

But those who play God knowingly or unknowingly through their actions will get their day of reckoning.
Re: Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Lalasticlala Ishilove Seun Mynd44 Fp

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Free To Send Me On Assignments – Jonathan / 2016 Budget Not Perfect, We Welcome Criticisms, Presidency Tells Nigerians / PDP Tackles Buhari; Nigeria Is A Step Away From Recession, Stop Foreign Travels!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.