Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria (9696 Views)

Common Hosting Issues Bloggers Face / 4 Challenges Bloggers Encounter As A Beginner / Why Many Bloggers Failed, A Problem New Bloggers Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by fafy: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
I have seen many bloggers fail In Nigeria. And if some writers were to write about what causes the failure, they quickly jump into conclusion discussing the same thing previous writer had written on, such as laziness, thinking of being successful within a short period of time, not determined, blogging because others are doing it. Are this points true? My answer is yes and no, yes because it’s possible and No because it’s not true for everyone that crashed out that crashed out from the blogosphere. So I call this points “fallacy of hasty generalization”. I believe there would have being more successful bloggers in Nigeria if the conditions around them are favourable.
The two challenges I’m going to discuss are based on what I see bloggers facing and what I experience on a daily basis. If you are a blogger in Nigeria, The only reason that can make you nullify this point of mine is if you have alternatives, which I believe is not available to vast majority of bloggers in Nigeria.

What are these two major challenges?

1. Epileptic Power Supply
I can imagine you nodding your head, as a sign that you agree with this point. When we talk about the ICT world, then we should discuss more about electric power supply. I have always imagined how mark zuckeberg of facebook, Jack dorsey of twitter, Larry Page and Sergey Brin of google would have struggled had it being they are born in Nigeria or lived in Nigeria right from their childhood. Perhaps they won’t their won’t be facebook, twitter, google, Perhaps their won’t even be anything like blogging.
After I finished from school on lastyear, I thought of resuming fully to my blog, but it has rather being hard than I prepared for, and the power supply has being one of my major problem. Apart from the power supply from generator. I only enjoy electricity for an average period of 3hours in every 24hours. There are even times that it will be off for almost 2weeks, and the scarcity of fuel with the rising and falling of it’s price is not helping in anyway to use my small generator. I believe some bloggers situation are a lot more worse than this.

2. High Data Price
I do not mean data for records, but what you use in accessing the internet. A situation where you have one of the network provider advertising 2015mb data for N2015 and in their mind, they are trying to beat off competitions by giving their users data at cheaper price, you can imagine how hard it will be for a blogger who’s not earning a penny from his blog yet.
Yes, you can still squeeze some amount to get a domain (it’s renewal is just once in a year), you can still squeeze out some amount to get the device you need, but how do you expect an average income blogger to be squeezing out large amount of money every month to get data so as to maintain the blog he’s not yet earning from, there will a time that there will be nothing else to squeeze. Little wonder why some people looks for tricks to help them surf the net for a little or no amount in Nigeria. So don’t quickly condemn any blogger looking for quick success in the blogging world if you don’t know the conditions they are.

DO YOU KNOW?
A. That this points in one way or the other affects the quality of posts from a blogger, due to the fact that some cannot do deep research on the content they post because they only have little resources (electricity, data etc.) to get it done. Perhaps many bloggers in Nigeria would have gotten an adsense approval by now.
B. That drastic improvement on this points could help tackle unemployment. Just imagine hundreds of thousands of successful bloggers in Nigeria. I read an article about some bloggers that resigned from their former place of work just to face blogging squarely, how many of that happens in this part of the world. I hope to see more of lindaikeji and Jide ogunsanya of ogbonge blog in this country.

My name is Temitope, and I just want to make common sense.

Source: http://www.topnetblog.com/2016/01/two-major-challenges-bloggers-face-in.html?m=1

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by gidimasters(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Modified.... First To Comment O.... First Time Ever.... Shout Out To My Blog ReaderS.... Check Here:- http://gidimasters.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by SurefireAsoOke: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
I dnt think so. Here I'd the 2 major problem: 1. Providing original and quality content.
2. Traffic/makin money with it.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by chibuzor05(m): 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
Op u just nailed it....low data especially serves as a hindrance for quality research.i know what i am suffering in my own case.

2 Likes

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
@op,nice one,thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by fafy: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
SurefireAsoOke:
I dnt think so. Here I'd the 2 major problem:
1. Providing original and quality content.

you will have done much better under a conducive good
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by mabroda(m): 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
SurefireAsoOke:

lemme see your url

1 Like

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by cyberwaver(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
This is so true, all these things should have been in place.

1 Like

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by seoconsultant(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
fafy:
I have seen many bloggers fail In Nigeria. And if some writers were to write about what causes the failure, they quickly jump into conclusion discussing the same thing previous writer had written on, such as laziness, thinking of being successful within a short period of time, not determined, blogging because others are doing it. Are this points true? My answer is yes and no, yes because it’s possible and No because it’s not true for everyone that crashed out that crashed out from the blogosphere. So I call this points “fallacy of hasty generalization”. I believe there would have being more successful bloggers in Nigeria if the conditions around them are favourable.
The two challenges I’m going to discuss are based on what I see bloggers facing and what I experience on a daily basis. If you are a blogger in Nigeria, The only reason that can make you nullify this point of mine is if you have alternatives, which I believe is not available to vast majority of bloggers in Nigeria.

What are these two major challenges?

1. Epileptic Power Supply
I can imagine you nodding your head, as a sign that you agree with this point. When we talk about the ICT world, then we should discuss more about electric power supply. I have always imagined how mark zuckeberg of facebook, Jack dorsey of twitter, Larry Page and Sergey Brin of google would have struggled had it being they are born in Nigeria or lived in Nigeria right from their childhood. Perhaps they won’t their won’t be facebook, twitter, google, Perhaps their won’t even be anything like blogging.
After I finished from school on lastyear, I thought of resuming fully to my blog, but it has rather being hard than I prepared for, and the power supply has being one of my major problem. Apart from the power supply from generator. I only enjoy electricity for an average period of 3hours in every 24hours. There are even times that it will be off for almost 2weeks, and the scarcity of fuel with the rising and falling of it’s price is not helping in anyway to use my small generator. I believe some bloggers situation are a lot more worse than this.

2. High Data Price
I do not mean data for records, but what you use in accessing the internet. A situation where you have one of the network provider advertising 2015mb data for N2015 and in their mind, they are trying to beat off competitions by giving their users data at cheaper price, you can imagine how hard it will be for a blogger who’s not earning a penny from his blog yet.
Yes, you can still squeeze some amount to get a domain (it’s renewal is just once in a year), you can still squeeze out some amount to get the device you need, but how do you expect an average income blogger to be squeezing out large amount of money every month to get data so as to maintain the blog he’s not yet earning from, there will a time that there will be nothing else to squeeze. Little wonder why some people looks for tricks to help them surf the net for a little or no amount in Nigeria. So don’t quickly condemn any blogger looking for quick success in the blogging world if you don’t know the conditions they are.

DO YOU KNOW?
A. That this points in one way or the other affects the quality of posts from a blogger, due to the fact that some cannot do deep research on the content they post because they only have little resources (electricity, data etc.) to get it done. Perhaps many bloggers in Nigeria would have gotten an adsense approval by now.
B. That drastic improvement on this points could help tackle unemployment. Just imagine hundreds of thousands of successful bloggers in Nigeria. I read an article about some bloggers that resigned from their former place of work just to face blogging squarely, how many of that happens in this part of the world. I hope to see more of lindaikeji and Jide ogunsanya of ogbonge blog in this country.

My name is Temitope, and I just want to make common sense.

Source: http://www.topnetblog.com/2016/01/two-major-challenges-bloggers-face-in.html?m=1

I do not see this as problems but rather as thresholds
The main issues are 1.) How To Create or Start a Blog read more on How to create a blog
2.) How To Write Successful Blog Post That Ranks On Google. read more on How To Write Successful Blog Post That Ranks On Google
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Kreamie(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Getting a Powerbank would easily solve the epileptic power issue..We all know how Nigeria is..
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by kulobyno: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Is there any business that doesn't have serious challenges in Nigeria, unfavourable government policies, no government support power supply issues. Poor funding, unhealthy competition toentiom but a few

1 Like

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by pleiades45: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
hmmm
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
No offence to bloggers but I don't really like alot of bloggers they post false news and made up lies and never check the authentication of their source.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Vicben(m): 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
These challenges can b tackled with ease, most especially the erratic power supply. Many other businesses that relies on power supply for its per second running too are still in business and making it real time.

Th major challenge with blogging in Nigeria is lack of genuine content. If bloggers are churning out quality content then I bet, they'd make so much to even run their own private 60KVA generators 247 and have the Israeli guys come build/install a 4G network for them here as well.

1 Like

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by oye9ja(m): 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ehn ehn,

So make I run or wetin,

Oga OP,a abeg park wel.
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by annexworld(m): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
okay ooooo
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by oye9ja(m): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
As my Late grandma used to say

They just called it common sense,

The damned thing is not common. It's a scarce commodity.
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by peacengine(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
I think say na only me dey suffer dese tin. I just wasted money on data that I could not use to download anything. Honestly, this country is hard
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
/
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that everyone wants to be a blogger these days. Everyone wants to relocate to Banana island.

They recycle the same content thereby creating noise. It is difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. Some of these blogs are paradise for spam and virus-- one click, you are screwed.
\

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by DExplorer1: 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
I think the No. 1 problem is that MOST Nigerian bloggers are LAZY.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Mobebi(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
SurefireAsoOke:

Thank you very much for this.... although i agree a bit with the OP...
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by ngmgeek(m): 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Sasuwa(f): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
the challenges faing nigerian bloggers are people like this op that can't develop their idea,
see where this op steal his idea
· Lack of electricity: this may sound somehow, but believe me. This is a serious problem, lack of power to recharge your laptop is one of the problem that a typical Nigerian bloggers are facing, no one will tell you this until when you delve into world of blogging, any experienced blogger knows this, you will observe that blogging need your time as a starter, at least 8 hours a day , then tell me where will you see light to recharge your laptop and blog like your counterpart in other part of the world.

· Lack of reliable internet connectivity: in most advanced nation, this is not a problem at all, in fact there are even free internet access in some cases, but in Nigeria reverse is the case, more than 90% of Nigerian bloggers rely on internet service providers from telecommunication network like mtn, glo, airtel etc. Most of the internet services provided by this companies are slow, very exorbitant and most of the time not available and therefore are not reliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/2464186/challenges-facing-nigerian-bloggers

1 Like

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by charsobodo(m): 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Apart from the two factors the op mentioned, lack of quality content & little or no knowledge of SEO is also a major set back for Nigerians.
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Originalsly: 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Despite all the hardships listed...some bloggers are successful...very successful under the same hardships. The major problem is blogging is not for everyone. How can you be a successful blogger with such numerous,blatant, basic grammatical and spelling blunders... and using wrong words? Even if electricity and mb's were free 24/7 success would be an illusion and some other excuse would pop up.People want to be bloggers and write like Primary School dropouts....then they complain. As it is...anyone is free to blog...the cream shall always rise to the top.
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by Baroba(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
My issue with blogs coming out of Nigeria is that of plagiarism, Linda Ikeji / Bellansija shares something on their blogs, you see the same thing on ten others duplicated verbatim..

2 Likes

Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by jaybee104(m): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hh
Re: Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria by fancynana(f): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well you have a point there bit like someone said, no business without its challenges. Just find a way around it, for its all part of the investment.

Anyway would appreciate your visit to kleeqers.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten (10) Things Every New Nigerian Blogger Must Avoid in 2021 / 5 ways to Make People Love Your Website / Create Your Personal Website With Google Page Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.