Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,016 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:31 AM

Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. (563 Views)

They Said President Buhari Was Poisoned Through AC - Yunusa Tanko / Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by tonyadex(m): 12:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Catholic Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, has said that President Muhammadu should ask religious leaders for help if he wants to receive success.
Onaiyekan noted this on January 23, during the priestly ordination of nine priests in the diocese.
The famous cleric state that the change mantra of the All Progressives Congress government can only become a success if the administration gives a forum for the active cooperation of religious organisations in the current war against corruption.
He said: “There should be such arrangement whereby government officials and religious people can sit down and see how we can all contribute to the fight against corruption.
“For the moment I don’t think we have gotten the forum for that kind of cooperation.
“If we you want people’s heart to change you have to reach out to us, we are the experts in that,” the Cardinal said.
Meanwhile, Onaiyekan stated that religious leaders have a moral responsibility to assist in the fight against corruption.
“Although we don’t have to wait for them to tell us, but my own believe is that if there is a conscious effort to work together, the impact will be more serious,” the cleric said.
“Nine ordinations in one cathedral at once is a big news, even in the big churches of the world.
“We are among the front liners in the league of nations of the world, in terms of faith,” Oniayekan noted.
He advised the newly appointed priests to stand out, in a world slowly floating towards materialism.
“Even if the world is standing for materialism, the priest must stand out, so that other people can see them and emulate, and so that homily can preach louder,” the bishop said.
Cardinal John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan recently stated that Nigerian president remains a dictator.
During Buhari’s military regime, almost 500 people were jailed for corruption and wasting taxpayers’ money. However, the president many times restated that he had turned to democracy.
Re: Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 24, 2016
I hate long shii
Re: Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by Happiness87(f): 2:45am On Jan 24, 2016
hahaha hahaha

when I see source , ill comments
Re: Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by LordMecuzy(m): 5:09am On Jan 24, 2016
It's My Birthday Today and You All Know The Normal Tradition.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by onoja12: 5:24am On Jan 24, 2016
hahahahahah, he has an imam as minister and a pastor as vice President. he doesn't need more .you think this is GEJ government where you people use religion to enrich yourself with Nigerians money. please Sir think again the days of religious organizations are gone. infact I advice the President to immediately stop funding of the so called travel to holy land and band government from getting involved anybody who want to go should do so from his or her pocket

tonyadex:
Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Catholic Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, has said that President Muhammadu should ask religious leaders for help if he wants to receive success.
Onaiyekan noted this on January 23, during the priestly ordination of nine priests in the diocese.
The famous cleric state that the change mantra of the All Progressives Congress government can only become a success if the administration gives a forum for the active cooperation of religious organisations in the current war against corruption.
He said: “There should be such arrangement whereby government officials and religious people can sit down and see how we can all contribute to the fight against corruption.
“For the moment I don’t think we have gotten the forum for that kind of cooperation.
“If we you want people’s heart to change you have to reach out to us, we are the experts in that,” the Cardinal said.
Meanwhile, Onaiyekan stated that religious leaders have a moral responsibility to assist in the fight against corruption.
“Although we don’t have to wait for them to tell us, but my own believe is that if there is a conscious effort to work together, the impact will be more serious,” the cleric said.
“Nine ordinations in one cathedral at once is a big news, even in the big churches of the world.
“We are among the front liners in the league of nations of the world, in terms of faith,” Oniayekan noted.
He advised the newly appointed priests to stand out, in a world slowly floating towards materialism.
“Even if the world is standing for materialism, the priest must stand out, so that other people can see them and emulate, and so that homily can preach louder,” the bishop said.
Cardinal John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan recently stated that Nigerian president remains a dictator.
During Buhari’s military regime, almost 500 people were jailed for corruption and wasting taxpayers’ money. However, the president many times restated that he had turned to democracy.

Re: Catholic Bishop Said President Should Ask Religious Leaders For Help. by Chubhie: 5:32am On Jan 24, 2016
A man who threatens to sack his ministers for daring to offer him good counsel is too senile and rigid for our collective good.

The stubborn fly that fails to heed warnings always ends up with a dead body in the grave.

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Slaughter 23-year-old, Ask Residents Not To Panic / 'no Progress On Nigerian Corruption' Says Watchdog Transperency International / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari — Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.