Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? (17758 Views)

Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? / NL Theists AND Atheists Should Come In / Do You Believe Islam Is A Religion Of Love Or Hate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by AlPeter: 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Both should go hand in hand. The man should focus on Loving will the woman on submission. The issue of which comes first is a none issue
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by lawrenzooo: 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
afroditte:
Love is love, whether submissive or not..... Most men dont know what love is.

could u teach them please
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by HIV1: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Joy1706:

So we can rightly say that most men don love their wives?
Love turns to hate when you discover that the reason for loving your partner is not there or no longer there. That is why is always good to be truthful at the time of courtship. A man can easily be frustrated his woman is not submissive hence brings out the animal in him.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Ornate1(f): 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well, the issue I believe shouldn't be ,which comes first or not. The truth is love and submission go hand in hand, therefore none precedes another. A man saying "my woman needs to submit before I love her", or a woman refusing to submit, not only after she feel loved in her marriage, is a recipe for disaster. However if a woman is submissive, it doesn't means she's stupid, it only means she stooping to conquer because in the end it endears her husband to her. When a man loves his wife deeply, he is automatically in charge, because she will always yearn to please him. I believe it doesn't really count whichever one comes first, because after all in the end , it's a win- win situation.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by MrPresident1: 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Love and submission are complementary, a man loves his wife, his wife submits to him.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Husbands, it is very important that you show complete selflessness to your wives, if possible and if it warrants, as Christ loves His church, you also should be ready to lay your lives for her. The husband is the leader of the wife, he provides spiritual headship in the home, once a woman sees that her husband is worthy, and will not mislead her, she will submit to him without question. A woman's husband is her Christ, is her connection to God, if he proves himself worthy, there will be no need for the woman to not submit freely and willingly.

The problem is that nowadays, many men want their women to be submissive to them without them showing what it takes to earn that submission, 'just submit to me, whether I follow the devil himself is not your problem', this will undoubtedly cause confusion in the homes.

There is a need for women to put more attention to the training of their sons, breed kings, train your sons to have values and principles, if the men are well trained, they will in turn provide quality headship in the homes, once the problem of the men is solved, that of women will be taken care of automatically.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
kilode100:
Money answereth all things.

I can never submit/love a love man.

If age has passed me by, I can manage a good looking poor man to marry, but, submitting to him is out of the question.

Tfy and those 17 others that clicked liked on your comment as quoted above
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by MrMandilas: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Stexy:
When you love someone, you'll learn to submit to that person simple.
Love begats submission.You are right!

1 Like

Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by pharmagba: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
kilode100:
Money answereth all things.

I can never submit/love a love man.

If age has passed me by, I can manage a good looking poor man to marry, but, submitting to him is out of the question.
I don't know your age but I feel you are unmarried and below 30years.
For women love and submission comes when you meet a man that has got what you desire. You find yourself pleasing him and even believing completely.
If you doubt me ask older ladies. It is when the man doesn't fulfil their desires that resentment and rebellion set in.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by onoja12: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
verse 22 and 25 which comes first?i am guessing that should answer your question

yemstok:
A man says

"I don't love my wife because she is not. submissive perhaps, if she were submissive i would have loved her"

A woman says

"I am not submissive to my husband because he doesn't love me, if he had shown love to me, I would have been submissive"

The bible made mention of these things but didn't tell which should come first.

Ephesians 5:22

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,his body, of which he is the Savior"

"Husbands, love your wives,just as Christ lovedthe church and gave himself up for her"

Now, my question is, Which should come first? "Love" or "Submission"
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by icybeth(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
love comes first. without love,no submission. one can be compel to submit but not to love.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
yemstok:
A man says

"I don't love my wife because she is not. submissive perhaps, if she were submissive i would have loved her"

A woman says

"I am not submissive to my husband because he doesn't love me, if he had shown love to me, I would have been submissive"

The bible made mention of these things but didn't tell which should come first.

Ephesians 5:22

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,his body, of which he is the Savior"

"Husbands, love your wives,just as Christ lovedthe church and gave himself up for her"

Now, my question is, Which should come first? "Love" or "Submission"

Love comes first. For God so loved the World that he gave....

So, a man should love a woman he is about marrying.

And the woman should submit
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by FRANKOXY(m): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Both @ 50 50 rate. shocked kiss
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Misselocon(f): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Something makes the woman submit to the man, dat's love. When the man loves the woman as he should she reciprocates by submitting. Life is give and take (for those who are responsible oooo)
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Joy1706:

You choose to love ur spouse no matter what. You think you'll always feel the love in marriage? You won't. Love as a feeling cannot last. It has to be a choice

Since you think love is a choice, why not force the love on yourself when the chips are down? if love is a choice, how come we hear stories on love dying, love growing weaker or stronger? my dear, love is a feeling out of your control and you can't "choice" what is not in your hands to dictate.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by weebee(f): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
Love should be unconditional. Love comes first before submission. Before Christ asked for our lives He first loved us and gave His live for us. There is no woman you show genuine love to that won't submit to you.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by coolmrs: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
I believe love should come first because where theres genuine love definitely there will be submission.
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by jpipe2000(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
love & submission works in tandem, u play ur part regardless of ur spouse. as christians, we re accountable 2 God whether husband or wife
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Abosedeni: 7:49am On Jan 25, 2016
kilode100:

I could use some contributions o..

Lol
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by calculator123(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
IF I use alphabetically,then LOVE Before SUBMISSION
Re: Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? by Aish8: 9:07am On Oct 18, 2021
phetty:

That's why most men wait till after marriage before they started showing most ladies their true colour...

Thinking out loud...why do ladies make yanga during courtship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church / Shiloh 2020 Thread / Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.