Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie (26142 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / PDP Blasts Buhari:'Your 16yr Old Daughter Flew First Class To London Today'(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by sinistermind(m): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2016
johnmartus:
some people bent to destroy this government with their hateful speech which i believes they will not succeed instead to praise the president for his archievement with just short period he assumed the office these so called men of GOD have skeleton in their cupboard if not they will not utter rubbish. they suppose give their support to mr president instead of jugular remark

Please sir, kindly name 3 of the President's achievements since he assumed office. JUST 3

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by truthisbittar12: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2016
WHERE NATIONAL SECURITY IS THREATENED
INDIVIDAULA'S RIGHT TAKES SECOND PLACE.

Weather
KANU
DASUKI
ZAKKAZI
MILITANTS
the president has power to disdain any court decision
which he deam see will jeopadise our economy or security.
cenral bank in leaking was caused by past adaminstration
to remain you.
JONATHERN uses his cabinets and other government agencies
to criple our economy and neglect to secure life and properties
of nigerians.
Using dss, efcc etc as to control economic jeopady and insecurity he himself
sees that medium as the best to use for positive outcomes.

Now security in the NE we are waiting for long is improving everyday.
this what we need.
In his quest to starblise steady fuel supply the militants are trying to
jeopadise that effort. ARE YOU BLIND MR CARDINAL?
The president has many issues with;

corrupt leaders
militants
boko haram
biafra agitators etc.
economy
umemployment etc
we are praying GOD should give caurage in his effort
deal with these.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by vigasimple(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2016
Ab initio, the Buhari and APC change is just a fraudulent slogan.

All the running around was to get power back to the North including using Boko Haram monster to disrupt the previous government. Unfortunately, the monster is not going away soon as they expected after serving it's intended purpose.

IMO, Buhari is far more clueless than GEJ, only that Buhari is operating with a military bragado shouting 'bloody civilians' .

Buhari is the same of 1983 in 2016.

All over the world, any government set his direction in the first 100days, and it is usually Economic 'stupid'. The Election energy and the honeymoon is used to propel the government on a motion. Using good energy on a bad stuff is a waste of time.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by eph12(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2016
johnmartus:
some people bent to destroy this government with their hateful speech which i believes they will not succeed instead to praise the president for his archievement with just short period he assumed the office these so called men of GOD have skeleton in their cupboard if not they will not utter rubbish. they suppose give their support to mr president instead of jugular remark
Achievement? What finished Jonathan during his own time was praise singers like you're doing to Buhari or like you want people to do to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by sinistermind(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2016
It seen Dasuki's name is now synonymous to corruption. Let's be frank, have we cared to ask ourselves if dis men arrested by the EFCC are the only corrupt people in Nigeria and eventually seen as the President's symbol of fighting corruption?

The Cardinal was objective in his criticism and he didn't just criticised outrightly, he also gave a little advice on what the President ought to do. But I guess some of these APC e-rats go after anyone negatively by just reading headlines and not reading the actual contents of articles.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by badesco(m): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2016
The words of our elders are words of wisdom. PMB listen to words of elders before you crash.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by myfantasies(f): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Young03:
Ah no be today we know dat nah

oh! Lord forgive me for not going to church today
My son u r forgiven

But make sure you go to church next Sunday grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by ehixking(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
Cardinal please face your calling. undecided

Shut the Fuc*k down, that part of his calling!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2016
sinistermind:

Please sir, kindly name 3 of the President's achievements since he assumed office. JUST 3
nothing At all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
tuale4u:

When dis same Cardinal Okojie was calling Jonathan govt a failure, is people like u who said he is jealous of pentecostal pastors taking over CAN.
I was never among that crew...I have always wanted true federalism..GEJ was slow but he tried with the confab..

See...We can't continue to run this country like this as always and expect different results..only a fool would be expecting to see different results while doing the same thing over and over again...

Look at everything in nigeria..We are so divided reason why we can't accomplish nothing..If regionalism is practised we would better solve our collective problems and we won't worry about development..We can't progress as we are ...We can't. ..
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by IVORY2009(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
@ the moment we dont know the current administration's blue print plans for this great nation after about 8 months in power, some well meaning Nigeria's would say, @ the end President Buhari will come out victorious, we should execrise patience, and wait the question is for how long would we continue to wait, and if there is going to be a going ending of this administration, we ought to be seeing it now.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
dearpreye:
Change the system, NOT the players.

The cardinal has spoken the minds of the average sane Nigerian.

Actually the problems of this nation go well beyond the Presidency but since the APC is in power, it must assume total responsibility for all the current challenges.

Let the APC demonstrates it's seriousness in rescuing Nigeria by having a sincere look at the recommendations of the 2014 Confab and go ahead to implement them.

We need deep rooted solutions, NOT surface solutions.

The system is the problem.....the main problem.
my points exactly preye..nigeria will only keep running around the truth until we get stuck..

If regionalism is practised who would worry about biafra or balkanization. ...

We know the truth in this freaking country but we choose to do otherwise and stick with the status quo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Firefire(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
kelechiodo:

He will now face his calling. When he was busy rooting for buhari, you jubilated. While we all continue to witness the change. But the wailers and change agents use the same market

Mistaken identity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cardinal Okogie's EPIPHANY
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by chiboy11(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Am just laffng @u
bqlekan:
It's funny how we all want sudden change within a year. Lets all face this transition abeg.

This might go on for 3 years. The question is 'Are we ready?'
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by tymgotel: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
Chubhie:
OMG!!! Now, that hurts!
lord forgive me, just finish taking 3 taps of week!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by HiddenShadow: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Adenex3051:
"Olowo kan laarin oloshi mefa.....oloshi no gbogbo won "( a rich man in the mist of six pauper is only the seventh pauper). President Buhare is an angel in the mist of demons, and that makes him another demon.
I believe he has good intentions and plans for this country but lost it all the day he decided to pitch His tents with Nigerian political demons thinking he could outsmart them.
Today he is a victim hunted by his political folly. I am patiently waiting to see how he would maneuver his way out of this quagmire. The devils resident in his government/party will continue to ill-advice him like they did right from Obansajo through Jonathan's days to ensure their personal gains are achieved

He has no good National intentions thats why he has not considered True Federalism for once.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by HiddenShadow: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
dearpreye:

To be fair with PMB, he also inherited a corrupted and wrong structure; there's very little he can achieve even if he has but angels in his cabinet.

That being said, blaming the last administration after being in power for more than 8 months is plain stupidity.

APC should revisit the last confab and implement the recommendations. Those recommendations will boost my patriotism for Nigeria.

GEJ isn't the root cause. He even tried addressing the root causes with the 2014 Confab.

My brother leave Buhari for Lawma. Buhari knows that True Federalism will liberate Nigeria. But because the status quo favours his belove North, he won't considered it.
To be Frank with you, Buhari is a hypocrite God has vowed to teach a bloody lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by HiddenShadow: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
dearpreye:

Yes. But unfortunately we can't address these root causes without the lazy Northern oligarchy and lawmakers frustrating the drive. You can't address these issues without going to to toe with some known benzinos

If Buhari tells the ordinary Northerners that True Federalism is the way out, mark my words, they will believe and accept
The question for you and I is " Do Buhari think like the Northern oligarchy.? "
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by HiddenShadow: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
wink2015:
[size=16pt]why President Buhari may finding it challenging improving on the economy such as job creation, value of the nigerian naira etc is because of the federal structure we operate in Nigeria which give supreme powers to the federal government at the expense of the state government.

The federal government must devolve powers to the states. There are so many responsibilities states can handle but these are being done by the federal government.

Imagine the control of the sea ports which is under federal, states that have sea port in their domain can not utilize the benefit of such sea port to their own advantage because of federal laws.

Development must leave federal level and go back to the states. we need true federalism where states with resources pay tax to the federal government.[/size]

Until Bubu implements True Federalism, he would go down as the most useless President in Nigeria
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
bqlekan:
It's funny how we all want sudden change within a year. Lets all face this transition abeg.

This might go on for 3 years. The question is 'Are we ready?'
What are you talking about.
A chick that will grow into a cock is known the first day it is hatched .
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
IzonOwei:
my points exactly preye..nigeria will only keep running around the truth until we get stuck..

If regionalism is practised who would worry about biafra or balkanization. ...

We know the truth in this freaking country but we choose to do otherwise and stick with the status quo..

I tell you. ....but our Northern rulers are too daft, wicked, greedy and lazy to do the right thing, plus our southern lawmakers are too soft, selfish and cowardly to stand up to them. ....never mind; one day we shall stand up to them....
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
HiddenShadow:

My brother leave Buhari for Lawma. Buhari knows that True Federalism will liberate Nigeria. But because the status quo favours his belove North, he won't considered it.
To be Frank with you, Buhari is a hypocrite God has vowed to teach a bloody lesson.

Almost all Northerners think alike........
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by ellabooz(f): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
G1gbolahan:
Very wrong insinuation. I understand the Cardinal's worries but this statement goes too far and loses sense. How else can the war against corruption be fought to achieve better than this. Accused people are in court as far as I know and that some information sneak into media is only testament to good journalism which the President encouraged. So as far as the anti-corruption war is concerned, I know for sure that this administration is on course. My only problem with the war is that we are still too slow because of the courts, we should be moving faster as far as I am concerned, and the fact that the Cardinal failed to acknowledge the good in this war which is for all Nigerians rubbishes the statement for me.

There much better ways to fight corruption. Take a look at policies that will nib corruption in the bud. Policies like BVN. With the introduction of BVN alone, Nigeria has been able to recover abandoned stolen funds (billions of naira) and forestall future fraud.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by onatisi(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
truthisbittar12:

WHERE NATIONAL SECURITY IS THREATENED
INDIVIDAULA'S RIGHT TAKES SECOND PLACE.

Weather
KANU
DASUKI
ZAKKAZI
MILITANTS
the president has power to disdain any court decision
which he deam see will jeopadise our economy or security.
cenral bank in leaking was caused by past adaminstration
to remain you.
JONATHERN uses his cabinets and other government agencies
to criple our economy and neglect to secure life and properties
of nigerians.
Using dss, efcc etc as to control economic jeopady and insecurity he himself
sees that medium as the best to use for positive outcomes.

Now security in the NE we are waiting for long is improving everyday.
this what we need.
In his quest to starblise steady fuel supply the militants are trying to
jeopadise that effort. ARE YOU BLIND MR CARDINAL?
The president has many issues with;

corrupt leaders
militants
boko haram
biafra agitators etc.
economy
umemployment etc
we are praying GOD should give caurage in his effort
deal with these.

shut up and go back to school. All the grammatical errors in your posts makes it senseless and useless.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Xano(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Islie:

Governors, who arm-twisted Okonjo Iweala into signing out our reserves held by Central Bank, are today ministers in the APC government. We are still talking about change and corruption when old things refuse to pass away! These political gimmicks can only carry away gullible or naive Nigerians.

“Our Change must change something. How could we continue to talk of change in a static system? How could we be talking of change when the same crew are governors, ministers, senators, and members of the House of Representatives?
This is a cyclical devolution of power to the same people who are never out of power! “What sort of change is the President talking about? When will the youth take over when even a governor does not take a bow and go? When shall we plan for the replacement of delinquent leadership? This is what constitutes change.

Change is not changing from Jonathan to Buhari, Okoie asked. According to the Cardinal, “Change is behavioural and pervades all levels of society including the family, the church, the mosque, schools, market women and business men. “When we talk of change, we talk of positive-salutary, healthy growth and development oriented change that cuts across the entire gamut of the society.
What sort of change is this that ignores the glaring un-equal distribution of national income?
It is absurd that the same government that is unable to pay N18, 000 per month to the lowest grade of labour can afford to pay N1.8 Million per month to anyone in the economy.

Why must tax payers’ money be used to feed Mr. President and his family?
“Why must the tax payers’ money be used to buy brand new exotic vehicles for the legislatures, judges, ministers and governors when they are heavily paid?
Why don’t they use loan finance and mortgage finance to buy their cars and houses?
This is also a form of looting and it is the cause of grounding the economy and calling in IMF spin-doctor all the time.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/buhari-change-causing-despondency-okogie-2/

Thank you sir.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by onatisi(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
IVORY2009:
@ the moment we dont know the current administration's blue print plans for this great nation after about 8 months in power, some well meaning Nigeria's would say, @ the end President Buhari will come out victorious, we should execrise patience, and wait the question is for how long would we continue to wait, and if there is going to be a going ending of this administration, we ought to be seeing it now.
You are still talking about blueprint?
This is a government that is ruled by someone whose first and only agenda is vengeance against those who have been beating him at the polls for 12years. He has no economic agenda or plan. That was the same reason why he didn't choose any minister for 6 months because he never planned for it ,he never planned to even have ministers . You don't need a soothsayer to tell you buhari doesn't even know why he is in that office or why Nigerians voted for him. He simply doesn't realize he is now a president and not a presidential candidate
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by dumodust(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
Cardinal please face your calling. undecided
just like mbaka did
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by totorimi: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
You guys ain't seen nothing yet, you think we waited all these years to come and kill ourselves for you. you must be kidding to think we came here to die for you.
This is our time we must enjoy our lives to the full because we don't know when death will come. Haters can go and die.
At this age only one thing I'm waiting for now so if you guys like kill yourself it does not concern me, I will be here till 2019 whether you people like it or not. Rubbish.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Governors, who arm-twisted Okonjo Iweala into signing out our reserves held by Central Bank, are today ministers in the APC government. We are still talking about change and corruption when old things refuse to pass away!

This statement is false and is only an excuse to exhonorate Okonjo Iweala from the frittering away our oil boom bonanza by the last government. The governors never asked Okonjo Iweala to share our foreign reserves, what they asked to be shared was the money in the excess crude accounts and sovereign wealth fund. This is because the Governors( induding PDP governors) do not trust the Jonathan Goodluck Administration to keep their share of their money for them. They accused the Okonjo Iweala of unilaterally dipping her hands into the excess crude account without their consent.

The governors share of the excess crude account is only about 24% while the FG's share is about 52%, why did Okonjo Iweala not save some of the FG's share in a special account for the rainy day. She spent all the FG,s share and borrowed massively to pay salaries and buy Arms for the military. If the FG cannot save, why expect the states to save?

How was she able to save in the excess crude account despite arm twisting by the governors during OBJ's period with low oil prices?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by MCRUEMUS: 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
kayroy5:
Bishop of cultists
YOU ARE VERY VERY STUPID
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Young03(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sorry swity, ur too young to be my mother hapi sunday 2u
myfantasies:
My son u r forgiven
But make sure you go to church next Sunday grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Plateau Killings (photos) / Malam Wada Maida Is Dead / Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Attackers - Buhari Orders Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.