Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job (13764 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 24, 2016
I am the overall manager of my organization. The business owner reposes so much confidence in me that he believes ONLY me can do the job--evidently as he goes around telling dignitaries about finding me. Even if he is to find someone like me, or more competent than I am, the business may go some steps backward before recovery. I think he won't like going through that hassle.

Now, I have a finished, tested project that I need him to put finishing touch to. As a very rich, powerful man, a move from him will get the work done, and that would mean getting me to fame. If that happens, leaving his job is imminent.

The question is, should I involve him?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Cutehector(m): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2016
Yes involve him. But watch your back.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Jazzlite: 7:46am On Jan 24, 2016
don't involve him.... life is a jungle.... no one likes losing a valuable servant..which you are to him...remember the story of Jacob and Laban?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by kulobyno: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Sissyshakara(f): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by looseweight: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
For you not to break his heart, give suggestions like " nobody is irreplaceable" and by so doing, should unforseen circumstances like health challenges come up, there should be someone that can fill the space in your absence.

You can also look out for someone of the same mind and hardworking like you. Train him/her up so that your boss will have something to fall back to when you resign.

This means that you can still delay lunching your project by 6 months to perfect this suggested plan of mine.

May God help your decision.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

18 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by cutetopsey(f): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmmmm!

@ OP, there is nothing greater than having your own business. From the above information, your boss have so much trust in you that if you eventually go behind his back to get your project approved and eventually have to leave his business for him to handle at the end of the day, he might feel betrayed and stab at the back by you.

Meanwhile, I will advice you prayerfully involve and carry him along, keep him posted about the progress of the project, that way he will be very enthusiastic to help you, simply because he will believe in one way or the other he contributed to your business success and he will be very proud about it any day any time.

BTW, check my signature on how to loose excess ugly belly fats

18 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by bimbochoco(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
This is dicey bro.. One thing i know for sure is there is no indispensable man, and advicing u on this issue is a lil bit difficult cos d details are really not known...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by legendte(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ask Buhari
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by weblogo: 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
I read and read and read...and still did not understand or is it only me?

10 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by hungryboy(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Blastfinito:

If I finally have my way without him, what I do can still be run alongside his job. But, I will still resign because his work is taking too much of my time. That will again get him worked up, and plead that I continue working with him. Money can't motivate me in his job, because I work 24/7, while other employees are getting off duty.
.my advice for you be say,
If you are planning to take his clients with you when you leave his company,
Watch your back oh,
Make wetin do Stephen no do you,
Cos the good Boss might turn to the evil rival in a matter of seconds

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by pinpinkay: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
op .. sorry ooh
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by raziboi(m): 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
think hard

and make ur choice!!

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Benjom(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wounds do heal, y'know.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by basisop(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
You are nice but not smart.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by HomesOfLife(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wow
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Lionhearted: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Inform but don't involve him if you know can handle it on your own.

Nothing beat being your own boss and employing others.

To remove any ill-feeling on his part why not train someone that will take over your duties when finally you leave?

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by kennyman2000(m): 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
What makes you believe you are indispensable?

Leave jare,and pursue your dream,if you dont build your dream,you will help other build theirs.

5 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by ayusco85(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
too vague to comprehend

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by tellwisdom: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Which yeye fame?? MTN project Fame?? sad...Do you sing??

4 Likes

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by mizjules(f): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Pray to God for direction, so that your boss will have a nice heart to help assist you, after all you've helped his organisation grow and if he doesn't go ahead with your project and with God, it will flourish
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by PresVA: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Depends on the kinda relationship you have with him..
Is he also the kinda person that likes seeing his employees succeed?

If you must involve him, make sure you have exhausted other means shaa..
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Just let me know when you hit the desired fame . wink
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Pavore9: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Your relationship with him should shape your decision.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Train someone to be as competent as you are, gradually delegate the bulk of the work to the other person, and then involve him..
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by KORLAR(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Don't involve him. This world is delicate. I'm sure there are other ways to implement your project.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Richie0974: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
If you do it on your own you leave.
If you involve him you still leave.
So why not involve him and save yourself the stress since you get to leave either ways.
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Angeltoyo(f): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
If u think he won't stand against you,pls go aheadm

1 Like

Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by Akosxxx(m): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eleyii gidi o
Re: In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job by thefakestan: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well it depends on the Boss.

ThefakeStan

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

La Casera Reinstates 700 Sacked Workers / These Time Management Tips Will Help Increase Your Work Productivity By 40%++ / I Returned Excess Payment At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.