Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,523 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

[b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] (3429 Views)

How To Identify The Deity That Called Your General Overseer Into Ministry / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Don't Haste Into Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

[b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
I want us to share experiences on what you know, what you've heard or what you've seen.
God calling is divert, some believe God called them through an audible voice, some through the Bibe they were reading while some through prophecy from a pastor.
RCCG Founder's calling is still amusing to me.

How can you know God is truly calling you?
Lets hear your view

Charlyg1
analice07
lalasticlala
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
recognize how he speaks...
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by ValentineMary(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2016

Op, why did u try to bold the topic bobo u funny oh.
Back to the topic, God calls no one all they hear is the voices from their head. All those con men in roman collar and suit telling lies all day long. Religion is a scam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
barnabas91:
I want us to share experiences on what you know, what you've heard or what you've seen.
God calling is divert, some believe God called them through an audible voice, some through the Bibe they were reading while some through prophecy from a pastor.
RCCG Founder's calling is still amusing to me.

How can you know God is truly calling you?
Lets hear your view

Charlyg1
analice07
lalasticlala
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Why am I mentioned here? Pls ask the Holy Ghost. When I needed to know, I went on three days dry fast. And he told me. So ask him, not me.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

Op, why did u try to bold the topic bobo u funny oh.
Back to the topic, God calls no one all they hear is the voices from their head. All those con men in roman collar and suit telling lies all day long. Religion is a scam.
i dont believe that
you speak like an atheist. Are you 1?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Why am I mentioned here? Pls ask the Holy Ghost. When I needed to know, I went on three days dry fast. And he told me. So ask him, not me.
pls share your experience with me
how did you do it. 3days dry. Was it day and night? No water
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2016
sonofthunder:
recognize how he speaks...
that is exactly where my question lies how can you know when he calls and when you are ready
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
barnabas91:

pls share your experience with me
how did you do it. 3days dry. Was it day and night? No water
No, It was not three days dry. It was from 6-6
I went away to a prayer camp, far away from people.
He speaks. If you genuinely want to hear, He speaks. He spoke to me.
Brother pls get this book.
"The Assignment" by Mike Murdock.
"A Purpose driven Life" by Rick Warren.
And "How To Be Led By The Holy Spirit" by Keneth E. Hagin.
When you are done reading these three books. Come and tell me what you got from them.
Another thing is, you have to genuinely thirst for God's leading.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Fraih(f): 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
barnabas91:

that is exactly where my question lies
how can you know when he calls and when you are ready
It still boils down to Recognising how He speaks. If you have a close relationship with God and you already know when He speak, He will tell you about His call when he commune with you and He will announce you himself.
About being ready, He will personally take you through some dealings and get you prepared, and when He sees that you are furnished and fit for His use, He will lead you through and make you His battleaxe.

1 Like

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by ValentineMary(m): 12:32am On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:
i dont believe that you speak like an atheist. Are you 1?
Obviously
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 8:29am On Jan 26, 2016
analice107:

When you are done reading these three books. Come and tell me what you got from them.
Shalom.
wow the spirit of God is one
i was in the church last night and i felt a strong push to get a book, so i went to the christain store and i got ''How You can be Led by the Spirit of God by Kenneth E. Hagin'' last night
seeing your description now confirm that God was leading me and you just confirmed it.
God bless u
i will get others soon
hope you are still in fellowship with God?
Are u a member of MFM?
How do you know your exact call?
What have you notice since then
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 8:49am On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:

that is exactly where my question lies
how can you know when he calls and when you are ready

He's obviously already speaking to you and calling you from your post on the other thread(which I believe led to your opening this thread).
someone has already answered you to some extent... now is the time to have a close and constant/unbroken relationship with God. Do you have this?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 11:05am On Jan 26, 2016
sonofthunder:

He's obviously already speaking to you and calling you from your post on the other thread(which I believe led to your opening this thread).
someone has already answered you to some extent... now is the time to have a close and constant/unbroken relationship with God. Do you have this?
i'm praying to God to help me know him more.
I av to overcome d flesh
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 11:09am On Jan 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

Obviously
try praying one day to Jesus, tell him to reveal himself to you, that you want to believe what people are saying. Say it with a sincere heart.
Trust me, in one way or the other, he will reveal himself to you and you will testify to d glory of God.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:
i'm praying to God to help me know him more. I av to overcome d flesh
pls keep in touch
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2016
sonofthunder:
pls keep in touch
i dont get
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 11:56am On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:

wow the spirit of God is one
i was in the church last night and i felt a strong push to get a book, so i went to the christain store and i got ''How You can be Led by the Spirit of God by Kenneth E. Hagin'' last night
seeing your description now confirm that God was leading me and you just confirmed it.
God bless u
i will get others soon
hope you are still in fellowship with God?
Are u a member of MFM?
How do you know your exact call?
What have you notice since then
Am a member of Living Faith.
Hmm, am still in fellowship dear. I hate the feeling anytime I slide and the Holy spirits steps aside from me. The feeling leaves me restless and almost depressed, because I won't be able to consentrate on anything. Sometime I will feel like crying when nothing is wrong. So yea, am still with him. He is my love.
How I get confirmations! People give me messages without knowing, but I know.
thats because I know what I shd do. So when the message comes, am sired up to know that am slacking.

Let me tell you about a dream a had sometime ago.
I was worried that I wasn't doing anything about my assignment yet, then I had this dream.
I was called into a scene, where a lady had been delivered of a still-birth child. (Child born dead). I was called and brought to the scene. The little mangled body was lying naked on a slap, his umbilical cord was still attached to it. It was lain in a place like a market. It was like they were showcasing the child for something. And, for whatever reason, the people there were looking at me, like I had to determine whether the child was indeed dead or not.
They had taken the mother away from there, so it was now on me. I walked to where the little child was without fear, and I said, the child was not dead.
I knelt down and laid my hands on the child and prayed. I really prayed, a heartfelt prayer. When I was done, I opened my eyes and was just looking at the child. By this time, it was like the whole market was gathered to see what was going on. And there I was, knelt my the child. A Muscle in his tiny left leg twitched, only I and one other person who also bend down close to the child saw it. He shouted, He moved, he is not dead. I started praying again, the child started moving and crying. The whole crowd went wild with jubilation. Who was this Child or the mum? I didn't know. I asked to see the mum, I took the child to the mum and we were crying together wen I woke up.
I was very confused as to what that could mean. I started praying for revelation, then I heard a voice (but not with my ears, it was inside of me) which said to me, the child represents your ministry, it is neither dead or alive, because you have not started doing anything about it. The well being of that ministry is in your hands. if it dies it's in ur hands, if is lives it's in your hands. I heard it clearly. So now I know.
This is how I get my revelations. I don't ask for them. If you do, Satan will infiltrate and decieve you.
DO NOT, NEVER ASK FOR REVELATIONS. God will give you revelations when he wants.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
analice107:

Am a member of Living Faith.
Hmm, am still in fellowship dear. I hate the feeling anytime I slide and the Holy spirits steps aside from me. The feeling leaves me restless and almost depressed, because I won't be able to consentrate on anything. Sometime I will feel like crying when nothing is wrong. So yea, am still with him. He is my love.
How I get confirmations! People give me messages without knowing, but I know.
thats because I know what I shd do. So when the message comes, am sired up to know that am slacking.

Let me tell you about a dream a had sometime ago.
I was worried that I wasn't doing anything about my assignment yet, then I had this dream.
I was called into a scene, where a lady had been delivered of a still-birth child. (Child born dead). I was called and brought to the scene. The little mangled body was lying naked on a slap, his umbilical cord was still attached to it. It was lain in a place like a market. It was like they were showcasing the child for something. And, for whatever reason, the people there were looking at me, like I had to determine whether the child was indeed dead or not.
They had taken the mother away from there, so it was now on me. I walked to where the little child was without fear, and I said, the child was not dead.
I knelt down and laid my hands on the child and prayed. I really prayed, a heartfelt prayer. When I was done, I opened my eyes and was just looking at the child. By this time, it was like the whole market was gathered to see what was going on. And there I was, knelt my the child. A Muscle in his tiny left leg twitched, only I and one other person who also bend down close to the child saw it. He shouted, He moved, he is not dead. I started praying again, the child started moving and crying. The whole crowd went wild with jubilation. Who was this Child or the mum? I didn't know. I asked to see the mum, I took the child to the mum and we were crying together wen I woke up.
I was very confused as to what that could mean. I started praying for revelation, then I heard a voice (but not with my ears, it was inside of me) which said to me, the child represents your ministry, it is neither dead or alive, because you have not started doing anything about it. The well being of that ministry is in your hands. if it dies it's in ur hands, if is lives it's in your hands. I heard it clearly. So now I know.
This is how I get my revelations. I don't ask for them. If you do, Satan will infiltrate and decieve you.
DO NOT, NEVER ASK FOR REVELATIONS. God will give you revelations when he wants.
wow God is great, for the dream and interpretation.
For your last line of words, that is true, i notice when i pray and ask God to show me revelation of things in the dream, i will wake up blank, but when i least expect it, i will get a message for someone close to me, and that thing will surely happen.

Sometimes i just feel this urge, like taking d mic from ministers and start commanding evil spirit from people when i feel uncomfortable in the church.
I find myself joining my faith with that of the pastor in a deliverance prayer section instead of praying for mine.

Why is it like that
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:

wow God is great, for the dream and interpretation.
For your last line of words, that is true, i notice when i pray and ask God to show me revelation of things in the dream, i will wake up blank, but when i least expect it, i will get a message for someone close to me, and that thing will surely happen.

Sometimes i just feel this urge, like taking d mic from ministers and start commanding evil spirit from people when i feel uncomfortable in the church.
I find myself joining my faith with that of the pastor in a deliverance prayer section instead of praying for mine.

Why is it like that
I think you have the gift of Faith and of healing.
I hope you know that there's nothing like deliverance Ministry?

Pray for the sick often. And don't make a habit of looking for demons to cast. When you come by the sick, pray for the sick, when you come by a demon possessed person, cast out the demon. Jesus didn't go about looking for demons to cast. He Went about preaching the good news, when he met the demon possessed, he healed them. If you make your Christian work, a demon casting ministry, you won't last long in the ministry, because they will gang up against you and ambush. You know, there's no way you'll live sinless all your life.

Preach the good news more. Be rudeless with demons when you come across them. But don't pursue them.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by ValentineMary(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
barnabas91:

try praying one day to Jesus, tell him to reveal himself to you, that you want to believe what people are saying. Say it with a sincere heart.
Trust me, in one way or the other, he will reveal himself to you and you will testify to d glory of God.
Try praying to Zeus and tell him thatu want to believe in him. Tell him with a sincere heart and he would reveal himself to u.
If u don't do this, don't expect me to do your's.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Jeromejnr(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
analice107:

Shalom.

Amazing!

Those two books, the one by Rick Warren and Kenneth Hagin was exactly what God used to reveal to me my calling when I was in my final year.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jeromejnr:

Amazing!

Those two books, the one by Rick Warren and Kenneth Hagin was exactly what God used to reveal to me my calling when I was in my final year.
Hey bro. Where have you been? Good to have you back.
You should read the Assignment. You will almost see your calling staring you in the face.
I keep The Assignment as a manual.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Jeromejnr(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
analice107:

Hey bro. Where have you been? Good to have you back.
You should read the Assignment. You will almost see your calling staring you in the face.
I keep The Assignment as a manual.

Thanks! I've been really busy. smiley

I'll be sure to check online for the PDF version of the book right away.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jeromejnr:

Thanks! I've been really busy. smiley

I'll be sure to check online for the PDF version of the book right away.
Aiit.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 10:33am On Jan 28, 2016
Jeromejnr:

Amazing!

brother, do u have that of warren as a pdf?
Have search for it at the christain book store, to no avail.
If u later get the other 'the assignment' here is my email teeboiklassic@gmail.com
analice107
do u have dem as ebook?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 10:39am On Jan 28, 2016
Analice107 and others
wanna share something with you
there was a time, i was told as part of my calling, i will experience family rejection b4 i wil b known, my elder sister was thr wen dis was foretold.
Just like a Prophet is not known in his own town
just of recent, i begin 2 see and feel d signs coming, i just drmt of it lastnight. D painful tin is dat am nt ready,
It brings fear to my heart
things beyond my comprehension
just cant understand
Has this ever happen to you?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
barnabas91:
Analice107 and others
there was a time, i was told as part of my calling, i will experience family rejection b4 i wil b known, my elder sister was thr wen dis was foretold.
just of recent, i begin 2 see and feel d signs coming, i just drmt of it lastnight. D painful tin is dat am nt ready,
just cant understand
Hmm, What is the motive of who gave you such revelation? Is that even a revelation? Is it to cast fear into you and make you recede or to prepare you for the work ahead of you? I don't really know. But I think the voice of God doesn't cast fear but but builds boldness inside of you.

But brother, you should already know that the world rejects Christ, and anyone who is not on God's side will fight you. It's actually not them, it's Satan manifesting through them without them knowing. The last thing Satan will allow happen without a fight is the Will of God to be done.
But what I don't Understand is, you have not started operating under your calling yet, what exactly are you doing now that's attracting this antagonism? Or, are you sure you are not being paranoid base on what the man has told you, are you sure you are not reading into issues when they don't exist?
Relax, when God calls you, He equips you. If your family rejects you, he will send you helpers. But your family will come around later.

Bishop Oyedepo's family were all Muslims, imagine when he Started his ministry, the reaction of his family towards him, but they all came around. His father who was Ibrahim became Abraham.
Don't let that bother you. When Aaron and Miriam murmured against Moses, God raised Joshua and Hur. Relax.

2 Likes

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Jeromejnr(m): 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
barnabas91:

brother, do u have that of warren as a pdf?
Have search for it at the christain book store, to no avail.
If u later get the other 'the assignment' here is my email teeboiklassic@gmail.com
analice107
do u have dem as ebook?

No problemo.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when, suddenly his room filled with light and the Saviour appeared. The Lord told the man He had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This the man did, day after day.
For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.
Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the adversary decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man's weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it."
Thus giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough." And that was what he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.
"Lord," he said, "I have laboured long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimetre. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"
The Lord responded compassionately, "My son, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength, which you have done. Never did I mention to you that I expected you to move the rock. Your task was to push, and now you come to me, with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so?
Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscular, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition, you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have.
Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient, push, exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock."
At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
barnabas91:
Analice107 and others
just cant understand
many who are called are not ready... its a matter of being ready/willing to be spent for God.
I kind of believe you'll be a little more willing than some others.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
analice107:

Hmm, What is the motive of who gave you such revelation? Is that even a revelation? Is it to cast fear into you and make you recede or to prepare you for the work ahead of you? I don't really know. But I think the voice of God doesn't cast fear but but builds boldness inside of you.

But brother, you should already know that the world rejects Christ, and anyone who is not on God's side will fight you. It's actually not them, it's Satan manifesting through them without them knowing. The last thing Satan will allow happen without a fight is the Will of God to be done.
But what I don't Understand is, you have not started operating under your calling yet, what exactly are you doing now that's attracting this antagonism? Or, are you sure you are not being paranoid base on what the man has told you, are you sure you are not reading into issues when they don't exist?
Relax, when God calls you, He equips you. If your family rejects you, he will send you helpers. But your family will come around later.

Bishop Oyedepo's family were all Muslims, imagine when he Started his ministry, the reaction of his family towards him, but they all came around. His father who was Ibrahim became Abraham.
Don't let that bother you. When Aaron and Miriam murmured against Moses, God raised Joshua and Hur. Relax.

wow
thanks so much
actually d person who gave me d prophecy dont know from adam, i sluggishly follow my sis to d ministry 4yrs ago, he was even an invited quest.
He was either revealing a secret frm d past and solution to it, mine was about my calling, as at den i know God want to use me.

I notice, i recieve opposition when i fast or pray deeply.
D simple truth is that, i feel lonely when i diligently serve him, i also feel disturbed and without peace of mind wen i miss it.
Its nt easy obeying his call i must tell u
and whatever i do dat doesnt go in line, it will crumble at d long run.
Do u experience this
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
sonofthunder:

many who are called are not ready... its a matter of being ready/willing to be spent for God.
I kind of believe you'll be a little more willing than some others.
very willing
i know u r one of God's chosen
can u share ur experience with us

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife / The Seven Deadly Sins. Anyone Else Watching It On The History Channel / What Is The Most Common Sin Today In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.