Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest (27106 Views)

Peter Okoye Imitating Michael Jackson At 14 (Pictures) / Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by obinna5000(m): 12:45am On Jun 26, 2009
249 comments in 2 hours.  shocked
Michael Jackson will always be loved and remembered.  kiss
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by SamMilla1(m): 12:45am On Jun 26, 2009
WE WILL MISS YOU , THE KING.

sad
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 26, 2009
morzook:

Call me for MJ's funeral àsó èbí. Na me be the distributor

na 419 go kill ya ppl
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 12:46am On Jun 26, 2009
obinna5000:

249 comments in 2 hours.  shocked
Michael Jackson will always be loved and remembered.  kiss

Think he deserved more
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by kaypumpin2(m): 12:47am On Jun 26, 2009
platinumnk:

stop that please cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Cryin yet typin missus?
Take it easy and i didn't see u create a thread when Oliver de Coque died  undecided
Micheal is dead,so will everyone.

~Sauron~:

THIS!!!!!
So stop being emotionally gregarious jare,to show these ladies you have a soft side.As if you know any of Micheal's song apart from "thriller". cheesy
I am sure you are  lipsrsealed right now.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 12:47am On Jun 26, 2009
FL Gators:

na 419 go kill ya ppl

Ask am ooooo
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 12:48am On Jun 26, 2009
Let's make a toast to his life that was well spent in fame and riddled with debts.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by girl22(f): 12:50am On Jun 26, 2009
@bamwolo

look a guy i dumped paid some dudes (mainly drug addicts) to get on tape and say they slept with me. everybody believed it because more the one guy said it. as long as they keep throwing money in people's face they'll keep lying.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by rasputinn(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2009
[img][/img]

Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by sammielag(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2009
the greatest dude who ever graced the entertainment world is gone haba! i cant believe this its like y?
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by morzook(m): 12:53am On Jun 26, 2009
@ FL gator . Why you dey call me 419? Na joke i dey joke na, abi you see my number for the post?
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by bawomolo(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2009
girl22:

@bamwolo

look a guy i dumped paid some dudes (mainly drug addicts) to get on tape and say they slept with me. everybody believed it because more the one guy said it. as long as they keep throwing money in people's face they'll keep lying.

so someone framing you means MJ was framed?

thank white jesus , you weren't OJ lawyer.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by eldee(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2009
bawomolo:

that's the sad thing though, there are other folks like fawcett whose passing away would be ignored.  

this must be like elvis or JFK passing away.

Micheal Jackson =  Elvis . . . if not greater

He broke through ethnicity and the language barrier, Elvis didn't.
Arabs learnt the phrase 'BEAT IT' before 'hello'
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Sauron1: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2009
kay_pumpin:

So stop being emotionally gregarious jare,to show these ladies you have a soft side.As if you know any of Micheal's song apart from "thriller". cheesy
I am sure you are  lipsrsealed right now.

I have all Michael's albums. . . . .From "Off The Wall" to the last album he released.
Christ. . . . .I can still remember his wall poster in ma room when i was a child.

eldee:

Micheal Jackson =  Elvis . . . if not greater

He broke through ethnicity and the language barrier, Elvis didn't.
Arabs learnt the phrase 'BEAT IT' before 'hello'

Michael was a LEGEND.
I am sure he is more popular than Coca Cola.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 12:55am On Jun 26, 2009
morzook:

@ FL gator . Why you dey call me 419? Na joke i dey joke na, abi you see my number for the post?

He was just messing with you man
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by savanaha: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2009
girl22:

@bamwolo

That might be the case for you, but am sure that now you understand once bitten twice shy. This clown, MJ or whatever may have been lied on both times but he continued by allowing little children to come to his house. It is obvious the first parents were in it for the money so he should have stopped but nooo. His love of many things white is what happened to him.  A comedian said that Michael Jackson never did it to black kids not only cause he wasn't interested in them but cause the kids would probably kick his butt if he tries it.

I get the feeling this will be deleted soon.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by yommyuk: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2009
morzook:

eh eh, afi joke
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by rasputinn(m): 12:56am On Jun 26, 2009
I heard he had prescription medication issues,added to the fact that he had the multi concerts in London,he needed to do a lotta physical training to be in top shape,was into medications for whatever,he was in debt,he was always being sued et cetera,I guess the whole thing was damn too stressful on his heart

Undoubtedly,a star is gone to shine no more

Adieu
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by girl22(f): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2009
@bamwolo

no. but the evidence was not adding up. the jurors were interviewed and said the testimony was weak and flimsy. one of the mothers said micheal jackson never raped her son the son said that also. years later they said he raped the boy. it turns out she was offered money to testify.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TOPE20001(f): 12:58am On Jun 26, 2009
R.I.P Michael Jackson
Its going to be be FUNKY NITE in heaven today grin
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Ibime(m): 12:59am On Jun 26, 2009
All the haters can dive bush. . . . MJ is the best that ever did it. . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWYhhFJvgjk&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by rasputinn(m): 1:00am On Jun 26, 2009
[img][/img]

Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2009
Come to think of it, I think they(Michael and Farrah) are going for a Friday night club in Heaven or Hell fire which ever one they go
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2009
Nah! By the way, this ought to have been titled "BREAKING NEWS" Just as cnn puts it but exclusive to NL. Mr Seun.

Now, i guess we need more than enough pages of paying tribute to the departed mogul, M.J afterwhich a new topic of lessons learnt from his demise should be opened.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Sauron1: 1:02am On Jun 26, 2009
Ibime:

All the haters can dive bush. . . . MJ is the best that ever did it. . .

THIS!!!!

I can't believe people are bringing the allegations made against him on this thread.
This is about his death not about him molesting kids.
Gosh. . . . . .Why are some people so retarded?
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by girl22(f): 1:02am On Jun 26, 2009
@savannah

a guy i talked to when i was also lied. he said that i would have let him and his friend have sex with me if no one was on the bus. by the way me and him never sex and i never let his friend come near me.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by bawomolo(m): 1:03am On Jun 26, 2009
girl22:

@bamwolo

no. but the evidence was not adding up. the jurors were interviewed and said the testimony was weak and flimsy. one of the mothers said micheal jackson never raped her son the son said that also. years later they said he raped the boy. it turns out she was offered money to testify.

so why did he settle the first case out of court?  you also forgot the  black child actor he checked into an hotel room under a fake name (this without the mums permission).

Michael jackson's personal life leaves much to be desired.  To be honest, he would be that creepy neighbor we hide from if he couldn't sing his ass off.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:04am On Jun 26, 2009
Michael Jackson Biography
b. Michael Joseph Jackson, 29 August 1958, Gary, Indiana, USA. Jackson has spent almost his entire life as a public performer. He was a founder member of the Jackson Five at the age of four, soon becoming their lead vocalist and frontman. Onstage, he modelled his dance moves and vocal styling on James Brown, and portrayed an absolute self-confidence on stage that belied his shy, private personality. The Jackson Five signed to Motown Records at the end of 1968; their early releases, including US chart-toppers "I Want You Back", "ABC", "The Love You Save", and "I'll Be There", illustrated his remarkable maturity. Although Michael was too young to have experienced the romantic situations that were the subject of his songs, he performed with total sincerity, showing all the hallmarks of a great soul artist. Ironically, his pre-adolescent vocal work carried a conviction that he often failed to recapture later in his career.

When MGM Records launched the Osmonds as rivals to the Jackson Five in 1970, and singled out their lead singer, 13-year-old Donny Osmond, for a solo career, Motown felt duty bound to reply in kind. Michael Jackson's first release as a solo performer was the aching ballad "Got To Be There", a major transatlantic hit. A revival of Bobby Day's rock 'n' roll novelty "Rockin' Robin" reached number 2 on the US chart in 1972, while the sentimental film theme "Ben" topped the chart later in the year. Motown capitalized on Jackson's popularity with a series of hurried albums, which mixed unremarkable material angled towards the teenage market with a selection of the label's standards. They also stockpiled scores of unissued tracks, which were released in the 80s to cash in on the success of his Epic recordings.

As the Jackson Five's sales slipped in the mid-70s, Michael's solo career was put on hold, and he continued to reserve his talents for the group after they were reborn as the Jacksons in 1976 after leaving Motown and signing with Epic Records. He re-entered the public eye with a starring role in the film musical The Wiz, collaborating on the soundtrack album with Quincy Jones. Their partnership was renewed in 1979 when Jones produced Off The Wall, a startlingly successful collection of contemporary soul material that introduced the world to the adult Michael Jackson. In his new incarnation, Jackson retained the vocal flexibility of old, but added a new element of sophistication and maturity. The album topped the charts in the USA and UK, and contained two US number 1 singles, "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" (for which Jackson won a Grammy Award) and "Rock With You". Other major songs were "She's Out Of My Life" and the title track. Meanwhile, Motown capitalized on his commercial status by reissuing a recording from the mid-70s, "One Day In Your Life", which duly topped the UK charts in summer 1981.

Jackson continued to tour and record with the Jacksons after this solo success, while media speculation grew about his private life. He was increasingly portrayed as a figure trapped in an eternal childhood, surrounded by toys and pet animals, and insulated from the traumas of the real world at his idyllic 2700-acre Neverland ranch in California's Santa Ynez Valley. This image was consolidated when he was chosen to narrate an album based on the 1982 fantasy movie ET - The Extra Terrestrial. The record was quickly withdrawn because of legal complications, but still won Jackson another Grammy Award.

In 1982, Thriller, Jackson's second album with Quincy Jones, was released, and went on to become one of the most commercially successful albums of all time. It also produced a run of successful hit singles, each accompanied by a promotional video that widened the scope of the genre. "The Girl Is Mine", a duet with Paul McCartney, began the sequence in relatively subdued style, setting the scene for "Billie Jean", an effortless mix of disco and pop that was a huge transatlantic chart-topper and spawned a series of answer records from other artists. The accompanying video was equally spectacular, portraying Jackson as a master of dance, a magician who could transform lives, and a shadowy figure who lived outside the everyday world. It was the first black music video to receive rotation airplay on the MTV video station. Its successor, "Beat It", also topped the US chart and helped establish another precedent, with its determinedly rock-flavoured guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen. Its promotional film involved Jackson at the centre of a choreographed street battle, a conscious throwback to the set pieces of West Side Story. However, even this was a modest effort compared to "Thriller", a rather mannered piece of disco-funk accompanied by a stunning long-form video that placed Jackson in a parade of Halloween horrors. This promo clip spawned a follow-up, The Making Of "Thriller", which in turn sold more copies than any other home video to date. The Thriller album and singles won Jackson a further seven Grammies; amidst this run of hits, Jackson slotted in "Say Say Say", another duet with Paul McCartney which topped the US singles chart for six weeks.

Jackson accepted the largest individual sponsorship deal in history from Pepsi-Cola in 1983; the following year, his involvement in the Jacksons' "Victory Tour" sparked the greatest demand for concert tickets in the history of popular music. The over subscription for tickets resulted in the banking of huge sums of money. It was alleged that considerable interest was earned by the Jackson organisation before the money was returned to the unlucky applicants. Some sources quoted as much as $7 million. Jackson had by now become an almost mythical figure, and like most myths he attracted hyperbole. A group of Jehovah's Witnesses announced that he was the Messiah; he was said to be taking a prescription ointment to bleach his skin colour to white; it was claimed that he had undergone extensive plastic surgery to alter his appearance; and photographs were published that suggested he slept in a special chamber to prevent himself ageing. More prosaically, Jackson began 1985 by co-writing and performing on the USA For Africa benefit single "We Are The World", another international number 1. He then spent $47.5 million in purchasing the ATV Music company, who controlled the songs of John Lennon and Paul McCartney, thus effectively sabotaging his musical relationship with his erstwhile partner. Later that year he took part in Captain Eo, a short film laden with special effects that was only shown at the Disneyworld amusement park; he also announced plans to write his autobiography.

Further non-musical projects were delayed while Jackson recorded Bad, another collaboration with Quincy Jones that finally appeared in 1987. It produced five US number 1 singles, among them the title track, which again set fresh standards with its promotional video. The album suffered by comparison with his previous work, however, and even its multi-million sales were deemed disappointing after the phenomenal success of Thriller. In musical terms, Bad certainly broke no fresh ground; appealing though its soft funk confections were, they lacked substance, and represented only a cosmetic advance over his two earlier albums with Jones. Unabashed, Jackson continued to work in large scale. He undertook a lengthy world concert tour to promote Bad, utilizing stunning visual effects to capture the atmosphere of his videos. At the same time, he published his autobiography, Moonwalker, which offered little personal or artistic insight; neither did the alarmingly expensive feature film that accompanied it, and which buttressed his otherworldly image.

The long-awaited Dangerous arrived at the end of 1991 and justifiably scaled the charts. This was a tour de force of gutsy dance-orientated pop, with Teddy Riley contributing to a number of tracks. Although the customarily sweet pop was sharpened to a hard point, it still displayed the unmistakable Jackson sound. By maintaining a leisurely working schedule, Jackson had guaranteed that every new project was accompanied by frenzied public anticipation. As a result, the lead-off single "Black Or White" became a huge transatlantic number 1, topping the US charts for seven weeks.

Until 1992, Jackson's refusal to undergo probing interviews had allowed the media to portray him as a fantasy figure, a hypochondriac who lived a twilight existence cut off from the rest of humanity. He attempted to dispel this image, and succeeded to a degree, with a carefully rehearsed interview with US chat host Oprah Winfrey in 1992. The televised show was shown all over world, during which viewers saw his personal funfair in the back garden, and watched as Jackson spoke of his domineering father. However, the unthinkable happened in 1993, just as Jackson's clean image was at its peak. Allegations of sexual abuse were made by one of Jackson's young friends and the media had a riotous time. Police raided Jackson's home while he was on tour in the Far East and the artist, clearly disturbed, cancelled a number of performances due to dehydration. No charges were made and the matter was settled out of court in a multi-million dollar payout. Things began to quieten down until November 1993, when Jackson left the USA and went into hiding. Additionally, he confessed to being addicted to painkillers and was seeking treatment. After this admission, Jackson's long-time sponsors Pepsi-Cola decided to pull out of their contract with the now damaged career of the world's most popular superstar.

The media were handed more bait when Jackson married Lisa Marie Presley in May 1994, perhaps in an attempt to rebuild his image. Jackson had first met her when she was 6, and they cultivated a friendship that was based upon their similarly odd childhoods. The marriage collapsed 19 months later, giving further rise to allegations that it was merely a set-up to improve his soiled image. He did, however, enhance his reputation with HIStory: Past, Present And Future - Book 1. One half of the double set chronicled his past hits, but there was the equivalent of a new album forming the second half. Lyrically, the new material was strong, and Jackson very cleverly gave himself a forum to respond to his critics, most notably on the US Top 5 hit "Scream" (a duet with his sister Janet Jackson). Although not breaking any new ground musically, the sound was refreshingly varied and, as ever, highly polished, with R. Kelly contributing the transatlantic chart-topper "You Are Not Alone". The downside of this return was a sickening display of self-aggrandizement at the UK's 1996 BRIT Awards. Controversy surrounded Jarvis Cocker (of Pulp), who invaded the stage in protest while Jackson, dressed in Messiah-white, was surrounded by, among others, worshipping children and a rabbi.

Despite the allegations of child abuse and the constant media attacks, particularly surrounding his unexpected second marriage to Debbie Rowe (which ended in October 1999) and the birth of three children, Jackson's fans remained loyal to the "King of Pop". In 2001 the singer celebrated his 30th anniversary as a solo artist, reuniting with the Jackson Five on stage and breaking a long recording silence in August with his new single, "You Rock My World". The attendant Invincible paired Jackson with hotshot urban producer Rodney Jerkins, but was let down by a surfeit of weak ballad material. The album went straight to the top of the US and UK charts following its November release, although long-term sales indicated Jackson's commercial heyday had well and truly passed.

Jackson returned to the spotlight in February 2003 when a controversial documentary filmed by the UK's ITV1 television channel drew record viewing figures. Jackson's admission that he shared his bedroom with children, although denying he slept in the same bed, prompted another of the singer's young friends to press charges of child molestation the same November. The media frenzy leading up to the subsequent trial in Santa Maria, California, was scarcely believable, and after testimony began on 28 February 2005 the singer was rarely out of the headlines. On 13 June, a not guilty verdict was declared on all of the 10 charges laid against the singer.

Michael Jackson Discography
Michael Jackson albums.

Got To Be There - 1971 (Motown)
Ben - 1972 (Motown)
Music And Me - 1973 (Motown)
Forever, Michael - 1975 (Motown)
Off The Wall - 1979 (Epic)
One Day In Your Life - 1981 (Motown)
Thriller - 1982 (Epic)
ET - The Extra Terrestrial - 1983 (MCA)
Farewell My Summer Love - 1984 (Motown)
Looking Back To Yesterday - 1986 (Motown)
Bad - 1987 (Epic)
Dangerous - 1991 (Epic)
HIStory: Past, Present And Future - Book 1 - 1995 (Epic)
Blood On The Dance Floor - ()
HIStory In The Mix - 1997 (Epic)
Invincible - 2001 (Epic)

Michael Jackson Videos & DVD's
Michael Jackson video and DVD releases.

Moonwalker - 1988 (CBS)
The Making Of Thriller - 1986 (Vestron Music Video)
The Legend Continues - 1988 (Video Collection)
Dangerous - The Short Films - 1993 (SMV)
HIStory, Volume 1 - 1995 (SMV)
HIStory On Film, Vol. 2 - 1997 (SMV)
Number Ones - 2003 (Epic)
Live In Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour - 2005 (Epic)

Michael Jackson Books
Michael Jackson bibliography.

Michael Jackson - Stewart Regan
The Magic Of Michael Jackson - no editor listed
Michael Jackson - Doug Magee
The Michael Jackson Story - Nelson George
Michael In Concert - Phyl Garland
Michael Jackson: Body And Soul: An Illustrated Biography - Geoff Brown
Michael!: The Michael Jackson Story - Mark Bego
On The Road With Michael Jackson - Mark Bego
Sequins & Shades: The Michael Jackson Reference Guide - Carol D. Terry
Michael Jackson: Electrifying - Greg Quill
Moonwalk - Michael Jackson,
Michael Jackson: The Magic And The Madness - J. Randy Taraborrelli
Michael Jackson: The Man In The Mirror - Todd Gold
Live And Dangerous - Adrian Grant
Michael Jackson: The King Of Pop - Lisa D. Campbell
Michael Jackson: In His Own Words - Michael Jackson
The Visual Documentary - Adrian Grant
Michael Jackson Unauthorized - Christopher Andersen
The Many Faces Of Michael Jackson - Lee Pinkerton
Freak!: Inside The Twisted World Of Michael Jackson - Nick Bishop
Michael Jackson: The Early Years - Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead
Michael Jackson: An Exceptional Journey - Darren Brooks
Michael Jackson: The Solo Years - Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead
Jacksons Number Ones - Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead
All That Glitters: The Crime And The Cover Up - Raymond Chandler
On Michael Jackson - Margo Jefferson
Michael Jackson: For The Record - Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by morzook(m): 1:04am On Jun 26, 2009
God knows how many ppl died today but MJ's death has over shadowed them. Facebook is filled with Mj same as nairaland. Twitter sef
millions of ppl miss you MJ.
God heal the world, make it a better place
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by TheSeeker(m): 1:04am On Jun 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

THIS!!!!

I can't believe people are bringing the allegations made against him on this thread.
This is about his death not about him molesting kids.
Gosh. . . . . .Why are some people so retarded?

Talking about molestation, R.Kelly did as well as AKON. Stop the crucifixion of this guy. Some of you are worse than MJ.
Re: Michael Jackson Died: Cardiac Arrest by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2009
bawomolo:

so why did he settle the first case out of court?  you also forgot the  black child actor he checked into an hotel room under a fake name (this without the mums permission).

Michael jackson's personal life leaves much to be desired.  To be honest, he would be that creepy neighbor we hide from if he couldn't sign his ass off.
Yea, and when was the last time he made a music video that left much to be desired?

His career died before he did. Once again, R.I.P. But would have been better if his money helped Students  embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Baskemouth, Wife And Their Two Kids / Burna Boy Smoking To 'Heal' (Photos) / Davido Gifts His Cousin Tunji Adeleke Over N5m Cash On His Birthday (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.