Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB (18984 Views)

Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots / Is Jonathan Or Buhari To Blame For Poor Economy? / Poor Economy Will Destroy Buhari’s Reign – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Reference(m): 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:
The headline doesn't match the content at all!

Nigerian media sha...

Whatever. You rode them to success now you have to trek back to the beach. The waves don't change.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by waice6571: 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
kossyablaze:
Please abeg biko ejor mbok.....Have mercy on me.I'm ready to do wateva it takes to get the form.I can lobby u any amount of money u want.Drag me out from diz Apc pit of lies and blame games!Please I'm sorry for yabbing wailers earlier.

Lwkmd. Like seriously, you're just too funny. why wailers now?

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Candyrain(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
bloodykiller:

take time to read my signature and also meditate on my name cool

Now I'm scared grin grin grin
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by bloodykiller: 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

Now I'm scared grin grin grin

good!

now stay away from my Rose2014 angry
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by waice6571: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
OBJ is like, where is the pieces of my party card that I mistakenly tore in the public.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by texazzpete(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
playtheblues:
It matches it very well.

So you thought you could deceive us, thinking we didn't read it?

We read oooo.

He blames the current woes we face on the fact that our economy is not diversified enough from oil.

He specifically mentions the era where he felt we erred by focusing on oil revenue alone.

Not exactly the same thing as 'blame IBB for all our problems'
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
IBB and this SAP man, Falae killed Nigerian economy. No lie about that.
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by playtheblues(f): 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
He blamed IBB.

The other day they blamed God (height of blasphemy).

They were blaming GEJ initially.

They will soon blame their voters.
texazzpete:

He blames the current woes we face on the fact that our economy is not diversified enough from oil.

He specifically mentions the era where he felt we erred by focusing on oil revenue alone.

Not exactly the same thing as 'blame IBB for all our problems'

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Reference(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Omotolu:
IBB and this SAP man, Falae killed Nigerian economy. No lie about that.

By the time OBJ handed over to Shagari the Nigerian economy was in recession. They blamed it on nationalization. When Buhari took over it was far worse than Shagari. The dollar was 3 to 6 naira (or there about) due to kwarrapshun. By the time IBB sent him to Daura everything became essential, ever bread could be found in the market, Umaru Dikko was right, Nigerians had started eating at garbage heaps. By the time the dark goggled one has sent IBB to Minna hilltop the naira was double digits to the dollar. When OBJ came again it was closing on 3 digits, Jonathan squandered the greatest oil windfall in the history of civilisation and now Buhari's flip flop is threatening to send the economy back to the stone age.

Abeg. When is our recession going to end. Why can't one government be better than its predecessor. Why is it always better yesterday. Why hasn't this government diversified since sworn in June last year.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by kossyablaze(m): 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
waice6571:

Lwkmd. Like seriously, you're just too funny. why wailers now?
U no go undastnd as e dey do me
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by kossyablaze(m): 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
chukkiephil:
hahahahahaha guy u don finish me with laff hahahahhahaha
lol as e take come my mind,na so I pour am o
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by adeboizy11(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Every apc blame was a hit back to back 4rm Jonathan to pdp to ibb even dasuki!! Now blame God by Apc ti take over!! Iyalaya opposition!! bleep dah sh!t!!!
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by hayzead: 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
Zico5:
Many will never read to what the minister is pointing to before nailing him down. To be sincere, it is time Nigerian deviate from over reliance on oil to other areas like agriculture and solid minerals. With the way out economy is going, it may not do us good if we couldn't reason along with the government to put things right. Though it may take time but there will be light at the end of the tunnel
die hard APC.....

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
Emekamex:
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh, has blamed the poor run of Nigeria’s economy on the Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) introduced by former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida.

Mr Ogbe disclosed this during an exclusive interview with Channels Television in Otukpo, Benue State, at the flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Benue South Senatorial re-run election campaign for its candidate, Mr Daniel Onjeh.

The Agric and Rural Development Minister, who blamed Nigeria’s over-reliance on crude oil, claimed that the Structural Adjustment Programme pointed Nigerians in the wrong direction.
He advised Nigerian youths to take advantage of the oil crisis in other to diversify into Agriculture and non-oil sectors.

Ogbeh also expressed concern over the high rate of unemployment among Nigerian youths with the advice that they take up opportunities being created in the agric-sector, in other to earn themselves legitimate sources of livelihood.

Source-> http://www.channelstv.com/2016/01/24/agric-minister-blames-nigerias-poor-economy-on-sap/

[size=18pt]B.S.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by BeardedMeat(m): 12:30am On Jan 25, 2016
Zico5:
Many will never read to what the minister is pointing to before nailing him down. To be sincere, it is time Nigerian deviate from over reliance on oil to other areas like agriculture and solid minerals. With the way out economy is going, it may not do us good if we couldn't reason along with the government to put things right. Though it may take time but there will be light at the end of the tunnel
All we ask for is a roadmap. Let them create an enabling enviroment.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by ahaz: 12:36am On Jan 25, 2016
kossyablaze:
I'm tired of all dis embarrasments!
I'm tired of defending PMB/APC
I'm old enough to tell lies against my conscience!
I'm decamping!....Abeg wailers form still remain?
welcome to Nigeria mate!

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by ngoziama: 12:44am On Jan 25, 2016
Emekamex:
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh, has blamed the poor run of Nigeria’s economy on the Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) introduced by former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida.

Mr Ogbe disclosed this during an exclusive interview with Channels Television in Otukpo, Benue State, at the flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Benue South Senatorial re-run election campaign for its candidate, Mr Daniel Onjeh.

The Agric and Rural Development Minister, who blamed Nigeria’s over-reliance on crude oil, claimed that the Structural Adjustment Programme pointed Nigerians in the wrong direction.
He advised Nigerian youths to take advantage of the oil crisis in other to diversify into Agriculture and non-oil sectors.

Ogbeh also expressed concern over the high rate of unemployment among Nigerian youths with the advice that they take up opportunities being created in the agric-sector, in other to earn themselves legitimate sources of livelihood.

Source-> http://www.channelstv.com/2016/01/24/agric-minister-blames-nigerias-poor-economy-on-sap/

Please who is audu ogbeh.do we really have a minister for agriculture.well let me browse that to confirm.mtchew.I think Akon needs to have a remix of put the blame on me using apc.The blame tactics is sickening and yet people are gearing to vote again for apc.okk now.audu just leave ibb ohhh.He is not disturbing you .He knows more than we know and remember that those that live in glass house dont throw stones at it.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by 9jatatafo(m): 12:52am On Jan 25, 2016
APC and excuses and blames

2 Likes

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by preselect(m): 1:31am On Jan 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]waiting for when they will blame the chibok girls for their inability to escape from Boko Camp cheesy[/size]

#WhereAreTheGirls

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Pavarottii(m): 2:56am On Jan 25, 2016
Zico5:
Do u know wat GEJ achieved in the agriculture with Adeshina at the helms of the ministry? Buhari is just meant to keep up with the pace. Datsall. But it's as if we are going back.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by shakamarh: 3:13am On Jan 25, 2016
[quote author=Zico5 post=42291068]Many will never read to what the minister is pointing to before nailing him down. To be sincere, it is time Nigerian deviate from over reliance on oil to other areas like agriculture and solid minerals. With the way out economy is going, it may not do us good if we couldn't reason along with the government to put things right. Though it may take time but there will be light at the end of the tunnel[are U Nt Tired Of Defending Their Blame Games]
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Drjemiyo: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2016
Every blame was a hit back to back from gej, abdusallam,abacha,IBB,shagari,OBJ,gowon, azikiwe,lord lugard and finally God. Koni da fun iyalaya anybody. #APCleavetrashforlawma#
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Abagworo(m): 7:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Emekamex:

Nigerian problem is reliance on crude oil and not SAP or IMF.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by millhouse: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2016
APC!!!!!! Blame!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Zico5(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2016
Pavarottii:

Do u know wat GEJ achieved in the agriculture with Adeshina at the helms of the ministry? Buhari is just meant to keep up with the pace. Datsall. But it's as if we are going back.
U re still on top of this man matter with the massive looting at helms of government affairs, u need total deliverance.
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Pavarottii(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2016
Zico5:

U re still on top of this man matter with the massive looting at helms of government affairs, u need total deliverance.
Wats the massive looting u r talking about. Dasuki is been alleged for 10billion naira. And he is saying he is innocent! So wat is the massive looting. Do u know how much was lost in obj and past military govt. Do u know they are still recovering abacha's loot. And let me tell u something, GEJ doesn't own even one oil bloc. And no minister under GEJ has been accused of anything, tried or indicted. And up till. Now; no one has been jailed. So. I ask again; where is the massive looting that you are talking about? Don't let the media deceive u ooo.

1 Like

Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by OlujobaSamuel: 8:28am On Jan 25, 2016
grandstar:

He is wrong aboutt SAP.

When SAP was introduced, the first thing was a sharp devaluation of the naira. Before than, it was like $1 to 1 at the official rate and 4 at the blackmarket.

Upon a devaluation to 3. something, the agricultursl sector began to boom. It was now cheaper to produce food locally than to import.

Also, the export of cashh crops experienced a renaissance.

IBB mismanaged SAP.

For SAP to work, the government was to privatise all government companies and reduce wasteful spending.

IBB regime was extremely corrupt and privatised very few companies because you can only loot government owned ones.

Also his government rsn massive deficits which was not only inflationary but also led to the continoud masdive devsluation of the currency on s yesrly basis during his tenure.

Blame IBB not SAP..Ogbeh is not an economist
thanks for making contributions to the subject and not throwing tantrums.
My view is also similar but not totally. I am of the opinion that it's wrong plus the IBB factor. It was also on record that the minister of finance then said "SAP is the only way out of our economic crisis so no other consideration needs to be looked into", that statement is that which expressed a view of we are considering only one option, no alternative which is wrong in the economics world
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2016
very soon Facebook, twitter, whatsapp, bbm, and Nairaland to join the blame train
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by grandstar(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

thanks for making contributions to the subject and not throwing tantrums.
My view is also similar but not totally. I am of the opinion that it's wrong plus the IBB factor. It was also on record that the minister of finance then said "SAP is the only way out of our economic crisis so no other consideration needs to be looked into", that statement is that which expressed a view of we are considering only one option, no alternative which is wrong in the economics world

I have found that home grown free market reforms work better than those imported wholescale from overseas.

Local erudite economist who are veru passionate about the economy are far more conversant with the patient.

Look at what Okonjp Iweala achieved through debt relief even though the country could have gotten better terms.

Or the 25b bank capitalisation which jelped to put the banks on a solid footing and expand lending.

Dangote said he would not have been so successful but for that reform. He is definitely the biggest bemeficiary.
Re: Ogbeh Blames Nigeria’s Poor Economy On SAP And IBB by OlujobaSamuel: 9:06am On Jan 25, 2016
grandstar:

I have found that home grown free market reforms work better than those imported wholescale from overseas.

Local erudite economist who are veru passionate about the economy are far more conversant with the patient.

Look at what Okonjp Iweala achieved through debt relief even though the country could have gotten better terms.

Or the 25b bank capitalisation which jelped to put the banks on a solid footing and expand lending.

Dangote said he would not have been so successful but for that reform. He is definitely the biggest bemeficiary.

this exactly is my fear about Kemi, not the she is less experience for the post noise.
Our home grown economists seems to understand that all about the Nigeria system is not just demand and supply while the foreigners think it's the same way it is in the books.
This is why I respect OBJ, he understood the economy and could take on his finance officers in any argument, I guess that was why Ngozi could not stay long. Same cannot be said of GEJ. Ditto for PMB, however, I appreciate the fact that he is asking questions from them, and they are also ready to disagree with him on any decision they think it's not in the nation best interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki Casts His Vote (pics) / Atiku Demands Apology And N500m From Lauretta Onochie For Defamation / Looting Nigeria's Money Is Very Easy - Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.