Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK (33220 Views)

Biafran Passport For Sale PHOTOS / Biafran Passport: MASSOB Defrauded Us –victims / Biafran Passport Or Nigerian Passport, Nnamdi Kanu Uses Which? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by kayfra: 4:09am On Jan 25, 2016
Ouch!

We don’t recognise Biafran passport – US, UK
January 25, 2016

Eniola Akinkuotu

The governments of the United States and the United Kingdom have said they do not recognise the passports being issued by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

The National Director of Information, MASSOB, Sunny Okereafor, had said two weeks ago that the passport was valid worldwide, adding that the travel document costs N5,000 while its renewal costs N2,000

He had said, “I assure you that the Biafran passport is valid. Except Nigeria, other countries of the world accept Biafran passport and allow our citizens to travel with it. In Europe, North and South America, Biafran passport is accepted. Nigeria is the only country that seizes Biafran passport. Go to neighbouring Ghana here, they will stamp the passport for you. Don’t be confused by the propaganda of the Nigerian government that there is nothing like Biafra passport.

MASSOB appeals to Biafran citizens to procure their passport and use it to travel. If you doubt me, get a Nigerian passport while I have my Biafran passport; when we get to Europe, you will see who they will welcome than the other. Many people with the Nigerian passport have been repatriated, but have you heard of anybody with Biafran passport receiving such ill-treatment?”

However, our correspondent sent an email to the American consulate in Lagos to inquire from the US regarding the claim of MASSOB.

In his response, the Deputy Public Affairs Officer at the consulate, Frank Sellin, said, “The United States does not consider passports purporting to be from a Biafra entity to be a valid legal document for purposes of visa issuance.”

A similar response from the British Government was sent to The PUNCH via email.

The UK recalled that it did not support the disintegration of Nigeria during the 1967 Biafran War and had not changed its stance 49 years after.

A statement by the Press and Public Affairs Officer, British High Commission, Abuja, Mr. Joe Abuku, read in part, “The answer is unequivocally ‘no’. The UK does not recognise the so-called Biafran passport

“The position of the UK Government during the Biafran War is a matter of historical record. The UK Government’s position, which reflected the Charter of the Organisation of African Unity, was to recognise the borders laid down at independence.

“The Biafran War caused great suffering and the UK supported the reconciliation work that followed the conflict. The UK supports the territorial integrity of Nigeria and the Nigerian Government’s commitment to work for a secure and prosperous Nigeria for all Nigerians.”
http://www.punchng.com/we-dont-recognise-biafran-passport-us-uk/

Bad market o.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by mallamseifaldin(m): 4:13am On Jan 25, 2016
@Op...How many times will I read this news?
I know it will reach FP because anything concerning them on nairaland attracts high traffic.

Just last week I was on my way to Niamey, what I noticed surprised me....... It was an 18seater bus and about 12 of the bus occupants were Igbos.......

They are just everywhere you go like MTN.......

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Aufbauh(m): 4:19am On Jan 25, 2016
It is alleged that MASSOB generated over N500 million from the sale of the passport alone. But incidentally or accidentally, it was a PASSPORT TO NOWHERE. cheesy

260 Likes 21 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Olarajee(m): 4:22am On Jan 25, 2016
Scam

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by tiger28: 4:32am On Jan 25, 2016
OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by tiger28: 4:34am On Jan 25, 2016
That UK response was a classic Triple round - horse kick.

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by carbony4red(m): 4:37am On Jan 25, 2016
u guys no de sleep

I tire oooooo....but Y mesef de awake,odaaro ooo

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by carbony4red(m): 4:37am On Jan 25, 2016
u guys no de sleep

I tire oooooo....but Y mesef de awake,odaaro ooo
Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by kuuljay(m): 4:38am On Jan 25, 2016
Buy your biafra passport in Nigerian naira grin grin grin I wander how many people have been scammed by this scammers

213 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 25, 2016
grin
Dilector in gaol abandoned

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by lawydewy(m): 4:43am On Jan 25, 2016
Biafra!

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Pavore9: 4:52am On Jan 25, 2016
How can one be scammed into procuring a passport to NOWHERE? Even as useless as somali has become their passports are still being processed for visa! Uwazuruike should be dragged around the village market for being a disgrace!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by DaBullIT(m): 5:46am On Jan 25, 2016
O jo luge o fe sunkun

Uwazirike peeve leeeeeee ooooooo

Marafaker

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 25, 2016
Lagos - Ibadan media propaganda

Trying to silence us with UK and US (NO) stance.....

We know their way ...

Btw fuuuuck uwazirike

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by modath(f): 6:11am On Jan 25, 2016
Really not everything should be made news,..

Even the folks holding the sentimental booklet of papers know that they can't even use them as a means of Identity , so why rub it in.. sad

But uwazuruike should be tied to a stake & set on fire on a dry & hot afternoon !! Scamming his own people!!!na wah..

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 25, 2016
Biafra passport indeed. I've never anyone as gullible as the ipob people. That's why no SS ethnicity will ever be part of biafra. Look at them even scamming their own people. If they can do this to their fellow igbos what would they do to us that are non igbos?

146 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by ziccoit: 6:22am On Jan 25, 2016
xtrophy:

So, it is now about Yoruba? It is no more about US an UK that outrightly rejected Biafra passport thereby exposing the scam being perpetrated by so called Biafra elites against their own people. There is a saying loosely goes thus " May God not allow the foolish ones go wise so that the wise ones will always have some people to scam". That is the case of gullible Biafra masses and the few elites.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by nsiazu: 6:31am On Jan 25, 2016
grin

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by gbengaizzHe: 6:37am On Jan 25, 2016
Let them know. The passport ain't recognized like a burnt file

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by AJaylee(m): 6:41am On Jan 25, 2016
All I can see is igbo people selling their fellow igbos, just to make money,

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by disloman(m): 6:42am On Jan 25, 2016
US,Uk!Why una dey do like this?Una wan give those that bought the passport to have heart attack ni?Biafian!Make una no believe those countries ooo.Somalia,south sudan and syria accept una passport.Can still use them.Dumb-ass people.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by disloman(m): 6:47am On Jan 25, 2016
kuuljay:
Buy your biafra passport in Nigerian naira grin grin grin I wander how many people have been scammed by this scammers
Bro!If I tell you how the thing dey take pain mi for body,you go think say mi sef follow buy the passport.Some people are so gullible.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:48am On Jan 25, 2016
I know some idiots will come here to support that same Uwazurike that is sacamming them.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by disloman(m): 6:48am On Jan 25, 2016
xtrophy:
How does this news prevent a people from seeking self-determination?

Shymm3x post:
.. I honestly don't know why some Yoruba folks can't let these people be.

It seems a lot of folks are oblivious to the fact that Nigeria is bankrupt and it's only a matter of time before it implodes. So if certain folks want to leave the cesspit, either by hook or by crook - why can't you let them be? Or are Yorubas so messed up these days that they don't believe that they can survive without Igbos cos it is starting to look like that?

You have a people who have been stuck in the 60s cos of Nigeria, yet they are the biggest proponent of the shiithole. If that isn't a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome, I don't know what it is. Or what have Yorubas achieved collectively since the 60s cos pictures of all Yoruba states, apart from Lagos aren't nothing to be proud of. Then almost all the states are heavily indebted and it is only going to get worse due to how bankrupt Nigeria is right now.

Anyway, there are tons of Yorubas out there who wouldn't mind donating in whatever capacity to the Biafran cause, if Igbos can develop a proper strategy that won't alienate those in the South and maintain territorial integrity. Igbos need to start reaching out cos apart from the cows and cow jockeys feasting on free grass in the zoo - the country is a disaster.
70% of the yorubas want you guys to be free to go but they are not myopic in their thinking like yours cos they know the end result.Yoruba people are not your problem.The problem you people have is to have an unified body and a voice.I can only see those poverty-ridden and gullible people are the only one fighting.You can't be a millionaire and be involve in such fight.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 25, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break oh for Umuleri.

An amazing decision by those governments

11 Likes

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by demo4ril97(m): 7:03am On Jan 25, 2016
Lols Biafrans are shouting Koni da fun Nnamdi Kanu, what a bastard absolute monarch on the making.
Una 5k don enta bush just laughing like a madman I sori 4 una o.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Recognise Biafran Passport – US, UK by ladyF(f): 7:07am On Jan 25, 2016
lmao these guys are deluded. 5k for Biafra passport? Even Nigeria passport get more value. Is that how they see themselves?

[size=15pt]LadyF[/size] don book this space sha. grin grin grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye / Fulani Herdsmen: Nsukka Students Protest Invasion In Enugu [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.