Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? (14105 Views)

The Special Ways We Use In Attracting Passengers - Female Taxi Drivers / Gala, Lacasera Hawkers Beware: This Startup Helps Uber Drivers Make Extra Cash / Uber Killing Our Business, Taxi Drivers Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Addicted2Women: 4:12am On Jan 25, 2016
I wanna know how much Taxi drivers make per day or weekly.
I'm planning on buying two cars and giving them out to taxi drivers.
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by mrsage(m): 5:05am On Jan 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Earnings usually vary. What state /location do you have in mind?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Addicted2Women: 6:17am On Jan 25, 2016
mrsage:

Earnings usually vary. What state /location do you have in mind?
Lagos
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by emmaoanidu(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2016
About N2000 per day. But consistency may be difficult. Instead of taxi consider LT or Santo bus. always has passengers u just have to manage the drivers
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by mrsage(m): 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Bros, I'm into car and bus hire business. Transportation is very viable but also technical.
You need to understand the game.

First, if you choose to hand over your cars to anyone make sure it's on hire purchase.

Also sign a proper agreement prepared by a lawyer in a police station or barracks. Make sure the intending driver provides two guarantors.

Option 2. Don't hand your cars over to any driver. Employ your driver and pay him commissions plus maybe a small allowance.
Now you will do your publicity and clients will call you to book a cab. Then you send your driver to do the job. With this you can monitor your finances. And driver.

You can also considered bus hire service. You may buy a Toyota hiace bus aka hummer bus.
Neat and unbranded then people hire it for travelling and trips. I do this and it's very viable.
You can monitor the cash flow too and your driver.

Finally to answer your question. Earnings vary but from the little I know its N3,000 daily minimum. And sometimes. Sometimes earnings could be as high as N7,000 daily.
We earn more when we take clients outside Lagos or when we travel with clients or when we have people from abroad use our service for a couple of days.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by stechi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

You might also want to consider installing tracking device that would enable monitor (know) the location of your driver(s) at any-time and from any location. That's my business and it has really helped my clients take charge of their drivers behaviours (excesses).
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Abidex35(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
@op, please sink this ' NEVER GIVE YOUR TAXIS OUT FOR DAILY REMITTANCE IN WHICH THE DRIVER WORKS FOR YOU' except you are ready for heartache and high blood pressure, even though honestly I have not done this business, 99% of people investing in this business have made their remarks that 99% of the time 'ONLY HIRE PURCHASE WORKS' with committed non married men in which they make the payments daily, bi-weekly or as agreed.

Be on the look out for a good driver, a mistake at 'this' has already killed the business before it started.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Huskyfrancis(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Create healthy revenue streams with your with your car! You need to read this if:
You have cars 2006 model and above in your garage and you still complain of being broke. You can make as huge as forty thousand naira (40,000) weekly.
You don’t have a job but you still have access to a car 2006 model and above. You can make as huge as hundred thousand naira (100,000) weekly.
You have valid driver’s license and you need a decent private driving job that flexible and rewarding. You can make as huge as Fifty Thousand Naira (50,000)
You have access to cars and you don’t know how to turn them to revenue. You can join us to make decent revenues from your opportunities.
You live abroad and you want to invest in Nigeria, our platform is transparent enough as you can track your weekly earning and get paid weekly.
Krit Balsa Intercontinental Limited runs a fleet management services that provide solutions to the challenges the investors in transportation business face in Nigeria. Our platform with Uber Nigeria is transparent, flexible and sustainable. You can track your investment and be certain you are covered.
We also provide services for those who are having challenges onboarding with Uber either as a driver or as a car owner. In 3 working days, we will onboard your cars.

Talk to Folu:
Mobile/WhatsApp: 08038243730
Email: folu_mgtwworld@yahoo.com
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by georgegift: 5:02pm On May 30, 2018
Good evening house pls am in Abuja someone want to give me a taxi in to balance 4000 daily pls I want to know if it is possible to make that amount in Abuja. I need urgent answer pls. Thank you
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Intelligentdude(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
georgegift:
Good evening house pls am in Abuja someone want to give me a taxi in to balance 4000 daily pls I want to know if it is possible to make that amount in Abuja. I need urgent answer pls. Thank you
For uber or normal taxi?
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by omo17(m): 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hw profitable is taxi biz in Abuja, especially for new person yet to be familiar with abuja terrain.
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Kwesigodspower: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
omo17:
Hw profitable is taxi biz in Abuja, especially for new person yet to be familiar with abuja terrain.
Good biz in Abuja
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by lovingD(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
mrsage:

Bros, I'm into car and bus hire business. Transportation is very viable but also technical.
You need to understand the game.

First, if you choose to hand over your cars to anyone make sure it's on hire purchase.

Also sign a proper agreement prepared by a lawyer in a police station or barracks. Make sure the intending driver provides two guarantors.

Option 2. Don't hand your cars over to any driver. Employ your driver and pay him commissions plus maybe a small allowance.
Now you will do your publicity and clients will call you to book a cab. Then you send your driver to do the job. With this you can monitor your finances. And driver.

You can also considered bus hire service. You may buy a Toyota hiace bus aka hummer bus.
Neat and unbranded then people hire it for travelling and trips. I do this and it's very viable.
You can monitor the cash flow too and your driver.

Finally to answer your question. Earnings vary but from the little I know its N3,000 daily minimum. And sometimes. Sometimes earnings could be as high as N7,000 daily.
We earn more when we take clients outside Lagos or when we travel with clients or when we have people from abroad use our service for a couple of days.

Please can I have your phone number. I'll love to discuss business with you.
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Dahcastro(m): 11:52am On May 20, 2020
Who can manage a bus for someone here
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Nobody: 11:54am On May 20, 2020
Dahcastro:
Who can manage a bus for someone here
I can. Type of bus? Intended service type etc?
Re: How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ?? by Dahcastro(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2020
[quote]
I can. Type of bus? Intended service type etc?[14 seaters bus.. Inter state service and will be paying u salary ]

(1) (Reply)

Elections Postponement And Its Economic Implications / Street Wise Quotes / Sending Money From Dubai To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.