Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:05 PM

Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish (23779 Views)

Any Important Tip Missing About Blog Start-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by wizkidblogger(f): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Well done....
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by abdulahi001: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
9ce 1.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by bamite(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
stephano100:

brotherly, brotherly please keep it coming!!
**** Why are you quoting what has already béen written? Your making the thread messy na. Use your head guy
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by stephenponti(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice initiative
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by abduldope(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
tnx man... following
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by maleeks(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nowadays seems like everybody wanna be blogger
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by sammysammy111(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
op God bless u we re with u pls kontinu
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by ikorodureporta: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
leksmedia:
Now let's start the main business ,

How to create a blog
To create a blog using Wordpress , first of all you need a domain name and a hosting account to host your blog ,

domain name for people to be able to access.
So to create a domain name and host , you need to a hosting company that provides this service .

There are quite a number of them , hostgator, go daddy. Whogohost etx

I will identify 2 and I will explain my reason , there are quite a lot of domain companies around the world who are quite dependable.

So once you identify the one you want

You will have to register on these platforms , after registration, you can now search for the domain you are trying to register , after searching the domain, If it is available , buy the domain , usually it takes about 24 hours to 48 hours before it propagates, that is before it is fully functional and available on the internet.

After buying thw domain name, Then you will select the hosting package that best suits you, but for a start you can start with an average package.
Once you are live , you will be provided with a CPanel details which should contain your username and a password to login to the cpanel

...u said 'free', now u'r talkin of buying a domain.... Pls make it clear for learners
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by dastudent(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
ikorodureporta:

...u said 'free', now u'r talkin of buying a domain.... Pls make it clear for learners

He said free tutorial. You can learn how to make yam for free, but you still have to buy the yam and it's ingredients na.

9 Likes

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Aristotle96(m): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
God bless u op smiley
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by ABMC(m): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
I'm inspired. Thanks for doing this.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by ogb12(m): 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Following
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Gosj01(m): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
bookmarked
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by ezenwajunior(m): 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is that how it ended? Abeg any phone number to call? BB pin?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by spafu(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please let us not quote here because it ends up occupying space.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by brajy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
this is just on time.......thanks bro
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by smsshola(m): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
@op please come back and finish this tutorial o.

Naija youths see as the thread empty if it has to do with celebrity gossip now dem fo don full here spread mat for ground join.

4 Likes

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by brajy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Now, I'm using blogger & I av successfully add my e-mail but its asking me to create a blog.
I'm using android phone!
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by brajy(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Now, I'm using blogger & I av successfully add my e-mail but its asking me to create a blog. what is it I'm supposed to do?

I'm using android phone!
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Bantino(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Following
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by yourmesprings(m): 6:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hey guys checkout my blog: http://www.afrivid.net/

I will like to partner will anyone that have good skills when it comes to posting. If you are interested let me know. Current bloggers should email me as well.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Chazzyboy: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
leksmedia:
Hi guys , I would be teaching you how to create a blog from start to finish,
Creating a blog seems technical to a lot of people but I will take time and explain it step by step and I would appreciate if you follow and do not hesitate to ask questions.

This tutorial will cover everything you need to know about blogging , from start to finish ,

Creating a blog can be done with several platforms known as the CMS(Content Management Systems) like joomla, drupal , blogger , wordpress or custom designed blogs using PHP etc. But here I will be focusing on how to create a blog using Wordpress . I might also probably write about how to create a blog using blogger , joomla later . But let's start with WordPress.

The reason why I choose wordpress is because of its flexibility, awesome designs, it is easy to use , its free and has readily available and free pluggings and templates .

This tutorial will cover everything cover to cover from start to finish so sit back relax , grab a bottle of your favourite drink and lets soar!
boss can I use my BB to start a blog
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Ayoemrys(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
pls how can i buy domain name,and how can i make money wih my blog?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Motherfucker2: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
leksmedia:
Hi guys , I would be teaching you how to create a blog from start to finish,
Creating a blog seems technical to a lot of people but I will take time and explain it step by step and I would appreciate if you follow and do not hesitate to ask questions.

This tutorial will cover everything you need to know about blogging , from start to finish ,

Creating a blog can be done with several platforms known as the CMS(Content Management Systems) like joomla, drupal , blogger , wordpress or custom designed blogs using PHP etc. But here I will be focusing on how to create a blog using Wordpress . I might also probably write about how to create a blog using blogger , joomla later . But let's start with WordPress.

The reason why I choose wordpress is because of its flexibility, awesome designs, it is easy to use , its free and has readily available and free pluggings and templates .

This tutorial will cover everything cover to cover from start to finish so sit back relax , grab a bottle of your favourite drink and lets soar!

How do people make money on their blogs
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by emi89: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
good one
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by babkunlex(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
leksmedia:
Remember to delete default posts and pages, go to the posts, trash the posts , same things applies to pages, Go to pages and trash the sample page. Now your blog should be looking empty.

To edit the page, there are 2 places you should focus on it is the widgets and the customize

In the widget area, you can choose what displays on the front end and all.

Well done on the tutorial you dish out today. Pls I've a blog that open back in 2009 and I'll like to know if you can help in reviving it? Kaykunlex.. com
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
9!ce
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Reality2020(m): 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jst passin by
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
course sai baba 101 in progress no noise plsssssss. lecturer kontinu
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Horlahmah(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Very good eye opener, keep it up
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by usibengate(m): 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Word press, hmmmmmn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paypal And UBA Africard (prepaid Visa Debit Card) / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website / Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.