Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Atheism Is Frustrating. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Frustrating. (15872 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sometimes, being an atheist can be depressing. Just watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnWwlZCsSw

tags; francistony, uyiiredia, tufanja, plaetton, johnydon22, empiree, rilwayne001, kingebukasblog, reyginus, hahn, jayriginal
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Empiree: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Damn! the lady around 0:35-37 seconds really blunt. She said Atheists are miserable looking folks. Are you JackBizzle?. You depressed? shocked
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
Empiree:
Damn! the lady around 0:35-37 seconds really blunt. She said Atheists are miserable looking folks. Are you JackBizzle?. You depressed? shocked

Empathy man......empathy!!!

I am not depressed but the video is depressing. Can you not empathize with the insults and discrimination that atheists go through in this video?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Empiree: 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

I am not depressed but the video is depressing. Can you not empathize with the insults and discrimination that atheists go through in this video?
Everything has its own rights. God also demands His Rights of Recognition and Worship. I have seen atheist guy said "modakokin God". That's insult to those who believe in God.

So bruh, the lady is obviously christian and she does has the right to say whatever. What she doesnt have the right to say is "let's exterminate atheists". That will draw my empathy.

Now, to be honest, atheists are very st*pd. Everything has a creator. A car is not created by itself so ther must be a creator for it. Yourself Jackie has your Creator and you never wondered why you are here on the planet?.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by urahara(m): 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
Empiree:
Everything has its own rights. God also demands His Rights of Recognition and Worship. I have seen atheist guy said "modakokin God". That's insult to those who believe in God.

So bruh, the lady is obviously christian and she does has the right to say whatever. What she doesnt have the right to say is "let's exterminate atheists". That will draw my empathy.

Now, to be honest, atheists are very st*pd. Everything has a creator. A car is not created by itself so ther must be a creator for it. Yourself Jackie has your Creator and you never wondered why you are here on the planet?.

You said atheists are stupid because they say they is no creator then automatically the biblical God Is stupid because he says no one created him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Empiree: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
urahara:

You said atheists are stupid because they say they is no creator then automatically the biblical God Is stupid because he says no one created him
Allow Christians to defend this. Not me
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by onetrack(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

This is from Fox News, a news channel that caters to fanatical Christians. Anyone being interviewed would be aware of that.

However, take a look at these survey results, conducted by a reputable organization regarding overall happiness, broken down by many things, including country, education level, and religion. This was published not even a month ago. On pages 28 and 29 you will find happiness and religious identification. The non-religious (atheists and agnostics) had the highest levels of net happiness.....

http://www.wingia.com/web/files/richeditor/filemanager/WINGIA_Final_Press_Release_EOY_2015.pdf

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Since when does JackBizzle care about the opinions of others?

If you need empathy, you know how to find me ;-).
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by johnydon22(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Only someone who cares more of what people think about him/her will give a flying fvck..

Atheists sure face discrimination, stigmatization and even high tendency to violent abuse in many societies but what people think or say cannot be added to list because that's quite petty.

I do not really care what people think about my atheism and i don't hide where ever i am..

So much peace and happiness comes with being your self and being proud of it and most of all able to shove it back down the throat of anybody who pours his beliefs on you wink

I think distinct ideologies also get their own share of such treatments.. There are also instances of muslims, buddhists, hinduist, christians and most especially African traditionalists getting such treatments in varying societies..

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by urahara(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
johnydon22:
Only someone who cares more of what people think about him/her will give a flying fvck..

Atheists sure face discrimination, stigmatization and even high tendency to violent abuse in many societies but what people think or say cannot be added to list because that's quite petty.

I do not really care what people think about my atheism and i don't hide where ever i am..

So much peace and happiness comes with being your self and being proud of it and most of all able to shove it back down the throat of anybody who pours his beliefs on you wink

I think distinct ideologies also get their own share of such treatments.. There are also instances or muslims, buddhists, hinduist, christians and most especially African traditionalists getting such treatments in varying societies..

What cereal did u eat when you were growing up. This quote is filled with so much wisdom and maturity. I so much respect you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Lol. I don't see anything wrong in admitting depression. Empathize with the insults? Lol. Yes though but not like you are trying to make it seem. What about the insults Muslims receive in the world today? Who even has time for Atheists?
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by dalaman: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
It's unfortunate, I really used to have the same thoughts about atheist when I was a christian. The first day I meet an atheist I was shocked and scared. I could not just understand what he was saying. How can any body say that there is no God I thought. That was 5 years ago, now am an atheist my self and so loving it. All religions teaches its adherents to hate the unbelievers and have more hate to those that reject the God postulation entirely.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 5:49am On Jan 26, 2016
Empiree:

We are not here to argue about the validity of a belief in God.

Clearly, the video shows the dsicrimination atheists get. That is what you should empathize with.

FYI, you are acting as if your own people are not discriminatory against atheists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzR_J6Hrrr4
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 5:53am On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I don't see anything wrong in admitting depression. Empathize with the insults? Lol. Yes though but not like you are trying to make it seem. What about the insults Muslims receive in the world today? Who even has time for Atheists?

I don't see anything wrong in admitting depression either. However, like I've always stated, you are dense. What kind of special clown are you? I am not depressed and so why do you need me to admit that I'm depressed? Are you okay?

I've also told you to stop saying irrelevant things. Atheists face more discrimination than any other belief/disbelief. This is not to make light of islamophobia as muslims get some hate as well. However, this thread is about atheism.

Guy, get sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 5:54am On Jan 26, 2016
Empiree:
Allow Christians to defend this. Not me

As if some muslims don't use the same argument undecided
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:00am On Jan 26, 2016
johnydon22:

I think distinct ideologies also get their own share of such treatments.. There are also instances of muslims, buddhists, hinduist, christians and most especially African traditionalists getting such treatments in varying societies..

90% of what you said is quite silly. Apparently, verbal abuse doesn't exist and has no effect on normal happy people in your head.

Also, atheists tend to get worse discrimination than most religious groups. Of course, every religion can face some discrimination but that is not equally spread and neither is it the point of the thread.

The only 10% I give you is that African traditionalists get a huge dose of discrimination as well. Also, true happiness comes from being who you are- you are right to say that, however, how can one truly be who he is or be happy in a country where his disbeliefs can get him killed or be permanently unemployed?
=============================================

I would seriously like you to rethink your comment.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:02am On Jan 26, 2016
urahara:

What cereal did u eat when you were growing up. This quote is filled with so much wisdom and maturity. I so much respect you.

undecided

So much maturity that he couldnt see anything wrong with verbal abuse?

Well, each to his opinion

sha, check out my reply to your "genius" Johny-

JackBizzle:

90% of what you said is quite silly. Apparently, verbal abuse doesn't exist and has no effect on normal happy people in your head.
Also, atheists tend to get worse discrimination than most religious groups. Of course, every religion can face some discrimination but that is not equally spread and neither is it the point of the thread.
The only 10% I give you is that African traditionalists get a huge dose of discrimination as well. Also, true happiness comes from being who you are- you are right to say that, however, how can one truly be who he is or be happy in a country where his disbeliefs can get him killed or be permanently unemployed?
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:03am On Jan 26, 2016
Tufanja:

Since when does JackBizzle care about the opinions of others?

If you need empathy, you know how to find me ;-).

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Empiree: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

As if some muslims don't use the same argument undecided
Since he didn't mention Qur'an, I let it fly.

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Empiree:
Since he didn't mention Qur'an, I let it fly.

I see that you want to troll. Post nonsense pics like that again and you'll face the banhammer
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 6:12am On Jan 26, 2016
onetrack:

This is from Fox News, a news channel that caters to fanatical Christians. Anyone being interviewed would be aware of that.

However, take a look at these survey results, conducted by a reputable organization regarding overall happiness, broken down by many things, including country, education level, and religion. This was published not even a month ago. On pages 28 and 29 you will find happiness and religious identification. The non-religious (atheists and agnostics) had the highest levels of net happiness.....

http://www.wingia.com/web/files/richeditor/filemanager/WINGIA_Final_Press_Release_EOY_2015.pdf

Interesting.
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Empiree: 6:19am On Jan 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

I see that you want to troll. Post nonsense pics like that again and you'll face the banhammer
u dey vex?
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by johnydon22(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

You gravely misunderstand... I did not say Verbal abuse don't exist, i said it can only affect people who give a fvck of what other people think than what they themselves think about themselves

Didn't assert atheist face less, i only pointed out the discrimination religions face in varying societies to make the point that societal signature is mostly the cause..

An atheist is more likely to face discrimination in a society saturated by Christians and Muslims and less so in a secular society

Verbal abuse was my point ... The only reason why verbal abuse will get to you is if you prize other people's opinion of you more than your opinion of yourself.

And again another misunderstanding: Never asserted Verbal abuse not to be wrong, but rather emphasized that it is quite minor if you care less of what people think.

I am an atheist too and i speak from the way i handle people's opinions of me in relation to my atheism... "I just don't give a fvck what they think" and that is that..

Bro it lies in what you understand...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2016
johnydon22:
You gravely misunderstand... I did not say Verbal abuse don't exist, i said it can only affect people who give a fvck of what other people think than what they themselves think about themselves

[size=18pt]Verbal abuse was my point ... The only reason why verbal abuse will get to you is if you prize other people's opinion of you more than your opinion of yourself.[/size]

And again another misunderstanding: Never asserted Verbal abuse not to be wrong, but rather emphasized that it is quite minor if you care less of what people think.

I am an atheist too and i speak from the way i handle people's opinions of me in relation to my atheism... "I just don't give a fvck what they think" and that is that.. [/i][/b]

Great men at times make great mistakes, and this is one of those times. I can't believe the silliness that you are typing.

You see, verbal abuse is harmful whether you give a fvck or not. That is where you are quite mistaken. In civilized countries, verbal abuse will get you fired from your job if you are the abuser and the abused can sue for compensation. You are thinking like the average Nigerian who has been trained to take abuse.

-Some of those people in the video are rich people who are also employers. Imagine you working hard at your job and your boss insulting you for your atheism in front of employees every time he gets to see you. Even if you don't give a fvck, your work rate will suffer. The other employees will avoid you in order to avoid being on the bad side of the boss.

-Psychologically, children who are verbally abused become emotionally distant and tend to fail in areas where the abuse comes from. Go and read about the racism of low expectations and how black american kids are less likely to do well when their teachers tell them that they are going nowhere. This is still true for adults but on a lesser scale.

-Following from the earlier point, you not giving a fvck is a symptom of emotional distance. Hardness and coldness to the world.

-Just even look at Nigerian low level employees- a lot of them come to nairaland to abuse and swear for their bosses and their jobs. How many threads have we seen where a man/woman is complaining about the abuse that they are getting from their bosses and want to quit?

-Even in relationships and marriage- a nagging wife or husband kills the vibe. Some men rather stay at beer parlour for peace.

Atheists face the worst of verbal abuse- death threats, "burn in hell", accusations of treason ("you're not a true Nigerian/American) etc

============================================

In summary, you are only seeing the abuse from a myopic point of view. Sure, if some religious fool insults atheists on TV or on the road, it doesnt affect me directly.

However, this abuse also happens in family meetings, at school, at work, at gatherings, at parties and events. I'd like to see you not give a fvck if you get publicly embarrassed and shamed by a religious bigot at your place of work or school with other religious people nodding in agreement.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

I don't see anything wrong in admitting depression either. However, like I've always stated, you are dense. What kind of special clown are you? I am not depressed and so why do you need me to admit that I'm depressed? Are you okay?

I've also told you to stop saying irrelevant things. Atheists face more discrimination than any other belief/disbelief. This is not to make light of islamophobia as muslims get some hate as well. However, this thread is about atheism.

Guy, get sense.
Lol. Today is going to be fun. How many Nigerians even know that anything like Atheism exist, my knight? You hardly see. But the majority of Christendom know about the existence of Islam and the crimes committed in the name of Allah and they blame Mohammed.

Atheists do not face any real discrimination. A Muslim on boarding a flight anywhere in Europe with his long beard is thoroughly searched and most times humiliated in the process. A Moslem woman on Hijab is seen as a concealer of bomb and mostly treated so. A Muslim boy who did what others did, like our Friend Ahmed and his clock, is mostly not listened to.

So tell me what discrimination do Atheists go through that's bigger than something a Muslim experiences? I believe your problem is equating hatred for discrimination. Is there anything that Christains, Muslims and others are allowed to do that Atheists are denied? Tell me how the muslim boy/ and man/woman are treated better with respect to their Atheist counterpart? Go ahead tell me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2016
dalaman:
It's unfortunate, I really used to have the same thoughts about atheist when I was a christian. The first day I meet an atheist I was shocked and scared. I could not just understand what he was saying. How can any body say that there is no God I thought. That was 5 years ago, now am an atheist my self and so loving it. All religions teaches its adherents to hate the unbelievers and have more hate to those that reject the God postulation entirely.
But then how did you discriminate in relating with him?
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

We are not here to argue about the validity of a belief in God.

Clearly, the video shows the dsicrimination atheists get. That is what you should empathize with.

FYI, you are acting as if your own people are not discriminatory against atheists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzR_J6Hrrr4
Please eh, where is the discrimination in someone saying you are fool? I'm not saying there's none just show me.
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Annunaki(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:

Truth be told, islam is worse than atheism.
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Today is going to be fun. How many Nigerians even know that anything like Atheism exist, my knight? You hardly see. But the majority of Christendom know about the existence of Islam and the crimes committed in the name of Allah and they blame Mohammed.

Atheist do not face any real discrimination. A muslom an boarding a flight anywhere in Europe with his long beards is thoroughly searched and most times humiliated in the process. A Muslim woman on Hijab is seen as a concealer of a bomb and mostly treated so. A Muslim boy who did what others did, like our Friend Ahmed and his clock, is mostly not listen to.

So tell me what discrimination do Atheists go through that's bigger than something an Atheist experience? I believe your problem is equating hatred for discrimination. Go ahead tell me.

I shouldn't even reply you after reading the nonsense statement in bold.

1) People know about atheists in Nigeria. Even if they do not know the word "atheist", the mass of religious bigots already know that those who do not believe in God should DIE DIE DIE or burn in hell.

2) Searching muslims with beards and hijabs at airports and other places is called "profiling". Profiling can be racist/discriminatory at times and it can be right at times. There are hundreds of atheists/humanists and christians fighting against the unnecessary profiling of muslims in airports and as a result, much of these profiling has been reduced. You see muslims still get support from atheists but it hardly happens the other way around.

3) Ahmed the clock boy turned out to be a troll that knew what he was doing. But the school/police too were foolish in their response.

4) I personally, escaped being stabbed because I stated that I was an atheist. I was not even talking to the stabber but to his friend. Furthermore, I have seen where an irreligious person who lost a contract just because he felt Jesus was not important to the contract work. A Nigerian atheist, Bala was put in an asylum because they thought he was mad for being an atheist. I dont even need to give more examples- here are some of your christian brethren on atheism-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=4pd9LUonN6o

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Please eh, where is the discrimination in someone saying you are fool? I'm not saying there's none just show me.

Apparently, the part where the woman said that she would kill her sister if she were an atheist, is sweet to you.

Or maybe you didnt watch the video? cheesy
Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by Annunaki(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2016
dalaman:

Above bolded is very untrue for christianity, if you were truly a christian before then you will know Jesus preached unconditional love for everyone. He even went to the extent of asking people to love their enemies. The only religion that preaches hate against unbelievers is islam so don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Frustrating. by JackBizzle: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2016
Annunaki:

Truth be told, islam is worse than atheism.

But we have a muslim president and never an atheist one. angry grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" / Lady Gives Birth At Joshua Iginla's Church In Abuja, Receives N200k From Pastor / The History Of Olumba Olumba (the Brotherhood Of Cross And Star)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.