Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) (1615 Views)

Moi-Moi And Garri For N20,000: Would You Buy? / The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) / How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) by oluvick(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
Cholera came, you told us not to drink dirty water; not to eat dirty food or eat anyhow. You told us to drink clean water, eat clean and well prepared food.

WE OBEYED.

Bird flu came, you told us to ensure that we prepare and cook our birds (chicken) very well, fry them wella and keep them healthy. Hmmmm, whoever has the time for all these procedures and protocols.....but still

WE OBEYED

Ebola came, you lectured us on how to stay away from bat (that sweet and delicious meat); and, other bush allowances (sorry, Bush meat). We struggled; we mumbled; we grumbled; we complained terribly; but, at the end, we reluctantly caved in........

WE OBEYED

Now, Lassa fever, you said we should stay away from rats (those little rodents). Honestly, we have nothing against this instruction. We welcomed it. Who wants those little nuisance jumping up and down in the house anyway? We avoided them like a plaque. (but wait oh, rats are delicious delicacies so don't get it twisted. Just stay away from Okon Calabar)

Where we now have issues is when you said we should stay away from Garri (God bless that food;saving students since 9BC)and cold water. Are you kidding us right now?! Who does that? Do you know what is means to walk or work in the hot sunny day? Do you have any idea the satisfaction one derives from garri and cold water on a good day (especially with fried fish, sugar, salt, milk, etc)? What is the relationship between Lassa rats and garri with cold water?

At this stage, we think you have gone a bit too far! Why? See rat is rat; garri and cold water is not to be mentioned here.

So spare us this lecture, it will not work. Garri and cold water, saving Nigerians and/or students since 9BC.

GARRI, God bless that food!

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2016
You were asked to stay off Garri for our good except you process it yourself.

If you go to where some people process garri, you will not like to ever drink it again.

And may I add that most villagers who process garri are not patient to fry the garri properly. Instead they fry a little and spread it under the sun for it to dry. While under the sun on the ground rodent normally have a field's day on it.
Re: Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) by Nnetriplet: 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ahahahaha
Re: Lassa Fever: A Case Of Rats And Garri, My Bitterness (pix) by oluvick(m): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
monievecakes:
You were asked to stay off Garri for our good except you process it yourself.

If you go to where some people process garri, you will not like to ever drink it again.

And may I add that most villagers who process garri are not patient to fry the garri properly. Instead they fry a little and spread it under the sun for it to dry. While under the sun on the ground rodent normally have a field's day on it.

I know this, sire. I am a professional in that field myself. (garri Akure) . But be that as it may, garri and cold water are like 6 and 7

(1) (Reply)

Must Watch - Fake Meat (clothing Material ) Now In Lagos And Abuja / Psyllium's Husk For Ketogenic Food / Experience Chicken Like Never Before!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.