Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge (45761 Views)

Who Else Got This New Bank Charge Notification / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily / Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by eleko1: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Singing* okunrin nkigbe obinrin nkigbe embarassed sad,oni ka luku lo nkigbe owo embarassed.Bia! Baba Daura, dalu biko embarassed sad
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by ril19(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Dollarchap(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
This will discourage some people from engaging in bank transactions.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by juman(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good idea if the money is not stolen away.

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by dytbabe: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Na wa oo
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by effty(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Withdraw or redraw?! I wonder what kind of student you are.
MinorityTribe:
Abeg o i be student. So if my popsman send N3000 and you deduct N50, Banks too deduct their own share wetin go remain? And you know you must leave some certain amout of money in the bank(You can't redraw everything). Also the lowest i can redraw is N500. Out of N3000 na only N2000 i go fit redraw o. Make una pity students na. Unless you want to use the N2.5b Daily for the students.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by kechywillz(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
This government wants to milk us dry and empty, i no need yarn much,na till 2019.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
I have faith the money would be used judiciously and not embezzled in such a brazen and callous manner as witnessed in previous admins.

For all those who would flood here to throw tantrums, do this little math:

Your Hero was taxing Nigerians over 30 naira per litre of fuel. If you buy just 2litres, you've been "taxed" 60 naira. Do an estimate of the amount the government was making with regards to out total daily consumption- that was what they were realising under the phantom SURE-p. Pray tell, what exactly did they do with all that money??

Can't wait for a comprehensive probe of that programme- I'm sure we'd stumble on another gargantuan "gate".
OMENKA MAKA WHY?

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by DonBobes(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
I WILL PAY AS LONG AS THE MONEY WILL BE USED JUDICIOUSLY!
Unlike dt stoopid former president.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Alfaab: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dollarchap:
This will discourage some people from engaging in bank transactions.
No,it would not because the amount is very minimal but mighty when collected together and I am sure this government would use it appropriately.It looks like something Awo did to give the SW all the firsts they had.Cross your fingers and be prayerful.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by sandland: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
So this bank charges is true.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by amdo007(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
No money, yet more is being collected. Must we pay?
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by repogirl(f): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
AWON OLE.

This one no be Niger Delta money oooo, na my personal money, so any body who squanders my money unnecessarily will not rest well.

Na my own be that.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by iokpebholo: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Politics aside I think it's a good development.My only prayer is dt God wil give Buhari d grace and wisdom to effectively monitor the use of d fund.We can't entrust our common wealth in d hands of d likes of Amaechi,Ngige and fayemi and expect us to sleep wit our two eyes closed.

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by timunstopable: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Abeg o i be student. So if my popsman send N3000 and you deduct N50, Banks too deduct their own share wetin go remain? And you know you must leave some certain amout of money in the bank(You can't redraw everything). Also the lowest i can redraw is N500. Out of N3000 na only N2000 i go fit redraw o. Make una pity students na. Unless you want to use the N2.5b Daily for the students.

Savings accounts are excluded

so as long as u dont use current account 2 receive the money you are fine
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Maser: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
No more free oil money being earned by govt. Therefore they now want to tax people to run the country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by arigold1304(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Use poor masses money to fund ur udget.....
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by justmenoni: 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Some of the problem with our govt is failure to plan,in as much as this idea may sound good or bad let's assume it's good and they wanna charge us 50 naira this way ppl and Coy will start keeping cash at hand therefore increasing crime rates...imagine konga having 1000 orders a day that means they'll be charged 50,000 daily this way konga will start looking for other options to meet up some of these options can be laying off workers...alot of things /activities /services will be affected so much just cos of this 50 naira...the betting companies will also be greatly affected...na really wa for our govt dem sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Stanbeto: 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Did i just hear Somebody say ₦50 is not much?
Politicians Milking Nigeria Since 1914
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by knightsTempler: 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
undecided

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by frisky2good(m): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Most of our past leaders never bothered about taxation because they fear a backlash from the citizens. Whatever money is stolen, people believe it's oil money. When people are taxed dry and one person says he wants to collect 2 million Naira wardrobe allowance, they will know what Yoruba people call owo oniru, owo oniyo. Let them continue.

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by comos: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
I have faith the money would be used judiciously and not embezzled in such a brazen and callous manner as witnessed in previous admins.

Your Hero was taxing Nigerians over 30 naira per litre of fuel. If you buy just 2litres, you've been "taxed" 60 naira. Do an estimate of the amount the government was making with regards to out total daily consumption- that was what they were realising under the phantom SURE-p. Pray tell, what exactly did they do with all that money??

Can't wait for a comprehensive probe of that programme- I'm sure we'd stumble on another gargantuan "gate".

Go get a brain

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by ochukofortune(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
This is the case of using peter's money to settle paul's problem. #50 is too big to be deducted from poor nigerians. Businesses are folding up, people are getting sack and instead of the government to seek better investment strategies, they instead want to squeeze the remaining drops of water from the throat of the masses. It is a pity that nigerians just overlook a lot of shit that are happening. This can't happen in South Africa or even Ghana. This is a Ponzi scheme by our own government.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by nevilbot: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
I don't get y people keep blaming buhari for implementing an act that was passed into law since 2009. Was it his adminstration that came up with d law in 2009, was APC the majority in d senate and rep in 2009 wen d law was debated or was buhari d prexy that signed it into law in 2009?

Signing sumtin into law and not implementing it is even a crime of d admin DAT did DAT cus laws are meant to b obeyed. BT this na Naija wia no one obeys d law sha.

The 50 naira might not b good for d masses, govt myt abuse d system BT a law is a law and most countries av such things. In Germany wia I reside, once u are no longer a student, 4€ is deducted monthly from your account as maintenance fee, u pay monthly for watching TV and listening to radio mind u not decoders o BT free to air like ogtv and d rest eida u av a TV in ur house or not d bill comes monthly and u get fined if u default.

I think the uproar is cus Naija govts av bin known not to use incomes judiciously, wat we should b screaming abt is accountability for our 50# not abusing a govt for implementing an existing law!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by jesuspikinjp(m): 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Illegal deduction.
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by luvinhubby(m): 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:

Omenka haba !
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by kenny905(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Just take N50 to be the cost of transporting money from on place to the other.....always remember to put ur tp ontop money u wan send.....chai 50bucks go dey plenty for bank ehn
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by optimusprime2(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
If it won't be abused, I think it's a very good strategy to buffer Nigeria's economy... Since Nigeria has got a high population index, it's really not a bad Idea for that High population index to invest in the country...
After all, the UK taxes like no man business...
I see a social security scheme or a similar structure starting up in Nigeria, with a strategy like this in the works.
If only other sectors like Telecommunications, Transportation and Entertainment *sectors that a large chunk of the demographic patronize* be taxed like this, and the funds used judiciously I.E clearing off debts and used for the development of infrastructure and esp power... Chai Nigeria will become Dubai overnight.
The problem is Nigerians love free things and that mentality makes people lazy, lack innovation and become complainers... You see they will all complain about 50N paid to the govt as if they are Senegalese or Congolese citizens, but if the government pays them 50N a day, without knowing how and which sector generated the 50N, Buhari will have an automatic 2nd tenure even if he is senile...
Tchai Nigerians... Una too complain. These are the same people calling for a diversified economy..... Na waah o
The day this "Free/awoof" mentality leaves Nigerians, The country will really become one of the worlds top 10.
Imagine if a country makes over 2.5Billion NGN a day for 3yrs...
If the government is good, tell me how that country will still remain the same ?? ??

1 Like

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
MinorityTribe:

REDRAW? STUDENT INDEED
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by Femsyn(m): 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
THE DEDUCTION IS STRICTLY ON CURRENT ACCOUNTS AND NOT SAVINGS ACCOUNTS. IT'S SAD THAT THOSE WHO SHOULD ENLIGHTEN US ARE THE ONES CONFUSING US THE MORE.

I'VE GOTTEN SEVERAL MAILS FROM MY BANK EXPLAINING THE NEW ORDER, AND IT CLEARLY STATES, "CURRENT ACCOUNT". EVEN SALARY CURRENT ACCOUNTS ARE EXEMPTED FROM DEDUCTIONS.

JUDGING BY THE ABOVE, THE ANALYSIS MADE IN THE ARTICLE IS WRONG AND MISLEADING, SINCE MOST ACCOUNT HOLDERS OPERATE SAVINGS ACCOUNTS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by nanya124(m): 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
But are we supposed to see this new stamp charge as one of the positive changes promised us by APC?
Re: FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge by ndcide(m): 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reminds me of the story, Animal farm

Some people are like boxer whose slogan is.

.. I will work hard
... Napoleon is always right

How wrong he was. Even though the philosophy was right.

As far as this administration is concerned, they are Always right. We know these people are all about milking the populace. They have cheer leaders.

When all these fronting is over people naturally go wan chop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky / Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Fatima Aliko Dangote And Her Mother At Her Wedding Dinner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.