Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me (40662 Views)

"Maggots In My Vagina" - Self-Confessed Runs Girl / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help / My Girlfriend Confessed She Had Sex With Her Roommate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
I have been in a relationship with a lady since March last year and all has been going smooth until a revelation popped out earlier today via our chat on whatsapp and it has been troubling my mind. We had a discussion about our past and after sharing series of experiences, she started begging me to forgive her for not telling me this earlier. She claims the month of February has always been a terrible month for her as it brings back some bad memories.

After persuading her for a while about what the issue is, she said she was pregnant for her EX in 2013 and she didn't know until it resulted in a terrible sickness which led to her been rushed to an hospital where the doctor confirmed she is 5 months pregnant. She said the doctor recommended surgery to terminate the pregnancy because the baby was in her right fallopian tube instead of her womb.

She confirmed to me that her right fallopian tube has been removed while all she has now is her womb and left tube. she claims the doctor told her she can only have a maximum of 3 kids when ready due to the surgery. I acted like everything is fine so as not to hurt her feelings any further but i'm seriously disturbed by this.

This is someone i love so much and i intend getting married to later this year. I need advices on what to do next as i am confused right now. What are the implications of having any of the tubes removed? would it affect fertility or child bearing in marriage? Do you think i should move on with my life and look for someone else as i cannot determine the level of damages that has happened to her reproductive system? Kindly drop your comments. embarassed

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Pineapp: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Be grateful she told you in time. Love her truly and give God a chance

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mehn,this is out of this world
Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by naijaboiy: 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bro,I think you should give her a second chance. At least for the fact that she has been honest with you before marriage.

The God that gives you such a forgiving heart will not forsake you when it's time to have kids.

Trust me. smiley

230 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Emac34: 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
a friend of my once said love conquers all

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by octopusfreaky(f): 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
sad stories everywhere.. At least she opened up to you in time,,she's indeed truthful to you..You guys should seek counseling from a doctor and a good pastor "prophet'' ..

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:
anoda dummy spotted

U dont av matured relatives to ask?

Wow d mumu people in naija increases daily

do u really need to insult me if u have no positive contributions? This is an anonymous forum and i did not mention names nor revealed anyone's identity. No one is an island of knowledge. You should grow up undecided

382 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Xiadnat where are you? Your medical expertise and mature advice is needed here.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by 2dice(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
She told you now...
U dey complain
If she know yarn you
U go still complain later
NB: this Shii can only be solved by You,Yourself
If you wanna walk-away abeggi package her Heart the way you met it

16 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by naijaboiy: 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:
anoda dummy spotted

Look at what this one is typing when someone needs an important advise.

Just say you are not capable of helping instead of displaying how crass your stupidity is.

What is wrong in asking for advise on a forum?

You sounded like the dummy with that post of yours. undecided

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
naijaboiy:
Bro,u think you should give her a second chance. At least for the fact that she has been honest with you before marriage.

The God that gives you such a forgiving heart will not forsake you when it's time to have kids.

Trust me. smiley

I understand your point but my concern is how much damage could have been done. This might affect our chances of having kids even tho i believe in miracles

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
joborskill:

do u really need to insult me if u have no positive contributions? This is an anonymous forum and i did not mention names nor revealed anyone's identity. No one is an island of knowledge. You should grow up undecided

Cum nd grow me up tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
octopusfreaky:
sad stories everywhere.. At least she opened up to you in time,,she's indeed truthful to you..You guys should seek counseling from a doctor and a good pastor "prophet'' ..

thanks
Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
naijaboiy:

Look at what this one is typing when someone needs an important advise.

Just say you are not capable of helping instead of displaying how crass your stupidity is.

What is wrong in asking for advise on a forum?

You sounded like the dummy with that post of yours. undecided

Why u attacking me from threads to threads

U are my frnd nd i dont expect dis from u

Just stop it even if i post dumb random stuffs m entitled to "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by naijaboiy: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
joborskill:

I understand your point but my concern is how much damage could have been done. This might affect our chances of having kids even tho i believe in miracles
Okay first things first,you both need to see a doctor(gynecologist),to have a test performed and get assurances that everything is okay.

I believe from there you'll know what to do.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
You just started dating last year's March, so it's nothing to trip over about if she just told you today.
She had to see if she could trust you, & verify if the relationship was heading somewhere before disclosing it.

It doesn't matter. She can still conceive with one tube. (Some females are born with one tube). Just make sure you have all the kids you want before she clocks 37/38.
If she don't get pregnant after one year, go see a gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by naijaboiy: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:

Why u attacking me from threads to threads

U are my frnd nd i dont expect dis from u

Just stop it even if i post dumb random stuffs m entitled to "
Girl I'm no ass licker. If you post trash I'll tell it to you . You don't expect me to keep quiet because we talk sometimes.

You want to claim tough,but you are doing it the wrong way. It's better you sit down and observe when you don't have something to say. undecided

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Veejaylicious(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
It is not as serious as you think sir. She has a functional fallopian tube which means there is a 50% chance she can conceive.
She must have given this so much thought, weighing the pros against the cons, not every lady will tell you this. She has made a choice of keeping you with lies and letting you choose to go for telling you the truth; brave woman I say. Letting her go will only show you can't forgive a past and hoping for perfection which I think is lame.

I heard of women without womb who gave birth to children. Her case is not a write off but you need to pray still. Nothing is impossible.

43 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
naijaboiy:

Girl I'm no ass licker. If you post trash I'll tell it to you . You don't expect me to keep quiet because we talk sometimes.

You want to claim tough,but you are doing it the wrong way. It's better you sit down and observe when you don't have something to say. undecided

M nt claiming tough stop saying dat to me

I cant get all crios nd giv advise to sumone matured enof to tink on his own!

U tink its normal but its not to b sincere it doesnt make sense

Ow wud d girl in question feel wen she told her man d truth only for him to publish it world wide if she was ur sister wat will u do?

Cos u fink its good to expose in d public wat a girl in tears secretly told u smh

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
darkenedrebel:
You just started dating last year's March, so it's nothing to trip over about if she just told you today.
She had to see if she could trust you, & verify if the relationship was heading somewhere before disclosing it.

It doesn't matter. She can still conceive with one tube. (Some females are born with one tube). Just make sure you have all the kids you want before she clocks 37/38.
If she don't get pregnant after one year, go see a gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist.

smiley thanks u are helpful

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
Veejaylicious:
It is not as serious as you think sir. She has a functional fallopian tube which means there is a 50% chance she can conceive.
She must have given this so much thought, weighing the pros against the cons, not every lady will tell you this. She has made a choice of keeping you with lies and letting you choose to go for telling you the truth; brave woman I say. Letting her go will only show you can't forgive a past and hoping for perfection which I think is lame.

I heard of women without womb who gave birth to children. Her case is not a write off but you need to pray still. Nothing is impossible.

thanks cool
Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:

M nt claiming tough stop saying dat to me

I cant get all crios nd giv advise to sumone matured enof to tink on his own!

U tink its normal but its not to b sincere it doesnt make sense

Ow wud d girl in question feel wen she told her man d truth only for him to publish it world wide if she was ur sister wat will u do?

Cos u fink its good to expose in d public wat a girl in tears secretly told u smh

am sorry but u are not making sense. This forum comprises of people of diffferent fields and proffesionals who might be of help in situations like this. Do you think NL is created for trolls like u only? Next time remain silent than display your warped ignorance

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by stevecantrell: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
Be cool,
She had an ectopic pregnancy and then a salpingectomy to save her life.
The other tube should be patent and thus she isn't considered barren.
Good luck.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Michellla(f): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Veejaylicious:

you spoke my mind.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
joborskill:

am sorry but u are not making sense. This forum comprises of people of diffferent fields and proffesionals who might be of help in situations like this. Do you think NL is created for trolls like u only? Next time remain silent than display your warped ignorance

AND UR GIRL WILL B HAPPY TO SEE DIS?

CAN U B BOLD ENOUGH TO SHOW HER DIS?

WHEN U CAN JUST WALK INTO A FERTILITY CLINIC ND GET UR FACTS ACCURATELY

U BUSY SHADING A TRUTHFUL GIRL AT HER BCK

SHE DOESNT DESERVE U

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by CaroLyner(f): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
she has a 60 percent chance of having a successful pregnancy in the future. Even if one fallopian tube was removed, the remaining one should be enough to let you get pregnant again.doctors may suggest she wait from three to six months before trying to conceive though. Even if you have problems with your fallopian tubes, it is possible to become pregnant. Surgery can help by removing a blockage and reconstructing the damaged end of a tube.so no worries oP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by NaMe4: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sir, there's really nothing to worry about. Rather, I think you should have even more confidence in your woman for sharing such personal info.

There are a lot of women with just one functional tube as a result of surgeries to manage ectopic pregnancies. It's not a rare thing.

What's more interesting is that there are even more women who have not undergone surgery and may have just one 'functional' tube due to complications of PID (pelvic infections) and many are unaware of their condition. But these women lead normal lives and give birth to children.

So rest your mind Bro.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Michellla(f): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
you have nothing to worry about.just be glad she was honest with you.it is possible to have a baby even though you had one fallopian tube removed. The fallopian tube (women generally have 2), is the tube that allows the egg to travel from the ovary to the uterus. Where it can be fertilised. Even in cases where one ovary has been removed,
the remaining one still produces an egg every
month. So it is still possible for a woman to conceive with one tube.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:
anoda dummy spotted

Anty, wat did u just type.? undecided
Hope u read d post cos d op needs serious
hlp

@op, i think visiting a gynaecologist will be d best alternative. Also, Google is your friend

I have only one fallopian tube. Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Answers from Mary M. Gallenberg, M.D.
Your fallopian tubes are a pair of tubes that eggs travel through to get from your ovaries to your uterus. Each month, during a process called ovulation, one of your ovaries releases an egg that travels down one of your fallopian tubes, where it may or may not be fertilized by a sperm.

You might have only one fallopian tube if you've had pelvic surgery for an infection or a tumor, or a past ectopic pregnancy. Occasionally, some women are born with only one tube. However, you may still be able to get pregnant with only one tube if:

+ You have one or both ovaries
+ You still ovulate
+ Your remaining fallopian tube is healthy

If you're unable to get pregnant after a year of trying to conceive, see your gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist for evaluation

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/female-infertility/expert-answers/pregnancy/faq-20058418

18 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Veejaylicious(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2016

As many advice you receive here, Please follow your heart in making decisions irrespective of how pleasing or convincing it is.
No man is an island of knowledge, we display it at different levels.
Some people form moralistic while in real life they are... if people advise will save your relationship, it think it is worth it irrespective of the means and in as much as condemnation and hypocracy is eliminated

BE WISE!

7 Likes

Re: My Fiancee confessed she has one fallopian tube. Help me by Michellla(f): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
you have nothing to worry about.just be glad
she was honest with you.it is possible to have
a baby even though you had one fallopian tube
removed. The fallopian tube (women generally
have 2), is the tube that allows the egg to travel
from the ovary to the uterus. Where it can be fertilised. Even in cases where one ovary has
been removed,
the remaining one still produces an egg every
month. So it is still possible for a woman to
conceive with one tube.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Policeman Dies In Lagos Hotel While Having Fun With His Girlfriend / Check Out Cool Sms To Send To Your Val On Vals Day / How Did You Meet The Love Of Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.