Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Banks Seize ATM Cards To Generate Funds - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Banks Seize ATM Cards To Generate Funds (608 Views)

Sell Your Gift Cards To Us For Instant Payment / Spare 2k To Generate Passive Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banks Seize ATM Cards To Generate Funds by Boyooosa(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
CBN is becoming the worst department with all these, their shallow and harsh policies. Can u imagine? I used GTBank ATM card to withdraw cash from Access Bank ATM Machine. The Machine dispensed d requested cash appropriately but seized my card when I punched 'NO' after it inquired of further transaction. The annoying aspect of it is that I just collected this card last week. I cald GT customer care and they advised me to block the card immediately. I was like "why?" In fact i thot it was a joke not until I called a banker friend dat confirmed dat they will not return the card to me since its not their bank. I was like 'this isnt my fault now, it was their network' but turned to their deaf ears. I later got to know dat it is a new CBN policy (nawa O). So, CBN cant use their discretion to instruct the banks to take the affected cards to their corresponding/hosting banks for sorting instead of wasting people's money to buy cards every time they have similar issues. There is need for #BrainChange in that Department, Urgent One! The funniest aspect is dat, as NCC is trying to help Nigerians to caution the excesses of the major Telecommunication Operators in Nigeria, they are there, busy forming some exploiting policies that a common man will feel and the rich ones will find funny and just laugh. Another one is the issue of opening a corporate account, where they compelled means of Identification. I presented the temporary slip given to me by the NIMC which those ones gave me since April 2015. I check online everyday may be its out but no luck! And the banks insist that I should get the real Card or I get International Passport when I dont need to travel for now. They gave an alternative of Driver's License which means I will need to go and pay like 13k and wait for another unknown weeks b4 i achieve dis. In fact a lot of discouragement/frustrations when one is trying to be a law abiding Citizen in this country. I dont know why they cant think of something that will encourage people to have dealings with the government parastatals or the public Institutions.

(1) (Reply)

Make 25o Thousand In 5 Days With 1k Investment / How To Make Money Through ANTS Ltd(govt Approved) / Serious Investors Are Needed To Create 40 Million Jobs In Agricultural Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.