Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? (3707 Views)

Thread For Anti-scammers / Microsoft: Nigerian Scammers Don't Want To Be Believed / How Many Nigerians Are On The Net Worldwide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by Odeku(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2005
Why are there so many Nigerians scammers online? I went to a dating site, called myspace.com, there are crooks all over posted pictures as a sexy lady, but as soon as you start a conversation, they ask for money or if they can send you money order for you to cash. This is so crazy and they are giving Nigerians bad names all over the world.
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by Jakumo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2005
Odeku I will add a twist to your question about why Nigerians seem to gravitate to internet scamming,  by also asking why it is that NDIGBO boys from the south-eastern part of Nigeria are so disproportionately over-represented among the ranks of Nigerian internet scammers.

Curious to hear the voices of those who daily flood my email inbox with scam letters, I took the time a little while back to communicate with a few hundred of them by mass-mailed replies, supplying a decoy phone number where they could leave voice-mail messages for me. To my astonishment, EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE of the respondents I listened to on my voice-mail tapes spoke English with the UNMISTAKABLE intonation of a home-raised Igbo man. I found no exceptions to that rule and I wondered, as I do now, why practically all of  those perpetrating Nigerian 419 internet scams are of Igbo tribal extraction.  Can anyone shed any light ?
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by fabian(f): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2005
Hehehehe! i love this one! I can't shed any light, but i know they are not all igbos oh!
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by Odeku(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2005
It is just frustrating you try to have a decent conversation from some one and they trying to mess up your life and reputation, I will try and set couple of them up and see to it that this perpetrators end up where they belong which is JAIL. This idiots want to send me money order to cash for her. and she doesn't even know me. A co-worker of mine also send me letters of Nigerians asking for money all internet scams. is this what the new breed generation are doing?
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by bani(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2005
well jakumo i have to tell you that it isnt mainly the ppl from the southeast that are into scamming, its just that they are loud mouthed about it and quite arrogant. i was raised the hood of festac and out of a mixture of youths in nigeria 75% of them are into scam an the 2 tribes west and southeast are ewll represented with a sprinkle of northners and lots of southwest which you might mistake for sotheasterners.
do an extensive research...ask people like MKO (God rest his soul) , fernanadez etc
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by Ajisafe: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2005
Are you saying that MKO was a "4-1-9" scammer? Please, explain yourself, @bani!
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:17am On Jan 08, 2006
Nna men Chiekout.. all de bobos for 419eater.com hall of shame na ibo guyz..
Nna men... happen dey nuttin..

Ibo guyz are smart if not dem for nefa reach dis level in 419. so tay e don reach CNN

Yoruba guys are into cocaine. like obesere and jide taiwo

Hausa guys are into begging Dangote for goro and kola. benin guys are into cocaine too and prostitution.

the rest naija people are too poor to do anything especially calabar boyz

no vex.. just stating personal opinion
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by ikamefa(f): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt:

Nna men Chiekout, all de bobos for 419eater.com hall of shame na ibo guys,
Nna men, happen dey nuttin,

Ibo guys are smart if not them for nefa reach this level in 419. so tay e don reach CNN

Yoruba guys are into cocaine. like obesere and jide taiwo

Hausa guys are into begging Dangote for goro and kola. benin guys are into cocaine too and prostitution.

the rest naija people are too poor to do anything especially calabar boyz

no vex, just stating personal opinion

hehehheehehehehehe " grin " this is the best post by far gat me rolling on the floor

@ topic the beauty of being nameless/assuming a persona/ or being anonymous on the net, provides a false sense of security to this 419ner , thats is why more greedy ibo and yoruba guys are getting into this schemes
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by hbrednic: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2006
i no dey involved when u mention peoples name without evidence,no call me to visit when dey send u to jail. did i hear u say bayelsa boys turned to kidnapping, while benin boys are into armed robery? na u talk am, no be me ooooh
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by samo(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2006
A lot of Nigerians are into scamming online because they do not know how to earn legitmate money on the Internet. If you want to know how to earn thousands of dollars on the INternet legitmately to to www.NigeriaGlobalPromo.com
Re: Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? by Deicide: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
So e don tay way scamming start grin

(1) (Reply)

Abeg! Where Is Dell Service Centre, My Dell Inspiron Just Stopped Working / How Do I Install Windows 7 And Xp In One Laptop / HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.